• ...
7
 31
 3,261

Chapter 10: Self-Righteous Suicide

Canterlot Mountain -- High Peak Point -- Day: 26 / Year: 2013 / Month: April


"Rainbow Dash!", Carl coughed as the thick air that surrounded the mountain filled his lungs.

"Carl..?", Rainbow Dash turned around. She was shaking. She was cold. She was dying.

"Please, don't do this, Dash! I love you! I'm so sorry.. You're my everything. Please!", Carl yelled, coughing.

"I.. You don't love me.. You're lying.. I made you cheat on me.. And.. I.. It's ..", Dash started to cry.

"I've made my decision, Carl.. I don't want to live.. Anymore. I want to die. I don't want any of this. I don't want you upset. I don't want me upset. I don't want to be around anypony..", Dash's tears turned into rage.

"I just want to die! It's my self-righteous suicide!", Dash yelled at Carl.

Carl coughed, trying to take in the thick air.

"Dash.. Please.. I really do love you..", Carl stated sincerely.

"Stop lying to me! Why have you forsaken me? In your eyes; forsaken me!", Dash yelled back.

"In heart: Forsaken me. I'll trust in my self-righteous suicide! I cry when angels deserve to die. And I deserve it. I deserve to die. I deserve to DIE!", Rainbow Dash turned around and ran off the cliff, locking her wings against her body.

"NO!", Carl ran forward and dived after her.

"Carl!!", Twilight yelled as she looked over the cliff. What was she supposed to do?

Carl went into a pencil dive to catch up with the pegasus. He wrapped his arms around her and she looked at him.

"I don't want to live without you, Rainbow Dash!", Carl yelled as the wind rushed by them. They were descending to the ground further and further.

As they reached it; a bright light emitted. It came out of nowhere.

[Omitted Lyrics. Those are against the rules!]

Silence -- Silence -- Silence

Silence. It was all that was heard between the two. They stood up. Rainbow Dash on her hooves. Carl on his feet. They looked around. It was bright. It was blue. It was cloudy. Was this heaven?

"No.", a voice of a goddess called.

"Celestia..?", Rainbow Dash walked past Carl and saw the goddess of the sun standing there.

"Indeed, my subject.", Celestia answered.

"What.. Are you doing here?", Rainbow Dash and Carl both inquired.

"I saved you two. I saw that you were falling from Canterlot Mountain. I knew you couldn't support Carl and you almost killed yourselves by falling off that mountain. Why were you up there?", Celestia looked at the two inquisitively.

"I.. Was trying to save Rainbow Dash from killing herself..", Carl said.

"But, Rainbow Dash is an excellent flier. Do you, human, doubt her abilities?", Celestia protested.

"No.. I was trying to kill myself. He dove after me... I didn't think he would.. It stunned me when he grabbed me.", Rainbow Dash was looking at the cloudy ground.

"Why would one of my subjects want to harm herself?", Celestia looked closer to Rainbow Dash.

"Especially one so loyal as you.", Celestia stated.

"Because.. I made Carl not want to be with me anymore.. And it caused him to cheat on me.. It's --"

"Rainbow Dash, I still love you. I've always loved you. I regret doing it. I promise never to do that again. I'm so, so, so, so sorry.. If I could undo it, I would. But.. It's already there. And I didn't enjoy it at all... Doesn't it make up for something that I'm telling you of my mistake?", Carl pleaded Rainbow Dash as he was now eye level with here.

"Rainbow Dash. He really does love you. He's admitting to his mistake and wanting you to forgive him. He may be human, but, he's accepted in my kingdom. And you of all ponies know that he is loyal to you. He made a mistake and begs forgiveness.", Celestia smiled lightly.

"I..", Rainbow Dash looked back and forth between Celestia and Carl.

"Carl.. I..", Rainbow Dash started to tear up and wrapped her forelimbs around him, peppering him with kisses.

"I missed you so much, Carl! So very much! I love you and I forgive you! I promise not to make the same mistake again! I promise not to get angry with you! I promise.. I promise so much..", Rainbow Dash was crying in his shoulder.

"It's okay, Rainbow Dash... I love you so much..", Carl gently stroked Rainbow Dash's mane.

Another bright light emitted from the group and they disappeared from the Silence. Back into Ponyville.

Ponyville -- Ponyville Town Square -- Day: 13th / Year: 2013 / Month: March


They were all gathered in Ponyville town square. A large town picnic was taking place and everypony was pulling out mats and laying out their baked goods and food. It was a massive party in Pinkie's mind.

"See? It isn't so bad Kieran!", Pinkie bounced as she laid down on the large mat her friends had placed.

"Yeah. You're right.", Kieran said. He waved to Carl and Carl smiled back.

"Well.. Another trouble fixed. Everything is back to the way it should be.", Twilight smiled. to everypony, and human, there.

"Yeah...", Rainbow Dash sighed as she rested her head on Carl's thigh. Carl just laughed.

"Hey, Kieran, are you deciding to stay?", Carl asked.

"I.. Don't know.. I... think so.. I don't want to leave if I've already had so much fun here. And I get to see you again. So.. No, I don't think I'm leaving.", Kieran smiled.

"Cheers to that.", Carl lifted a glass of milk and took a sip.

"Hey, that was my milk you ruffian!", Rarity yelled.

"Woops. Hehe.", Carl placed it back down and grabbed his own.

"That's better.", Rarity let out a puff.

Twilight only laughed.

"Spike, take a letter.", Twilight called out to Spike as he finished eating his gem sandwich.

"Gotchya!", Spike pulled out a parchment and quill, and readied to write...

Dear Princess Celestia,

I know I never wrote about this in my last few reports, but, it slipped my mind: The events that transpired in April! I'm sorry I forgot about it. But, let me start. The thing I learned about friendship that short week was that you need to be able to watch what you say as those around you might take you serious. The endeavours that may occur may cause you to do something drastic! But, as long as you have your friends around, you'll always have support to get you through those types of times.

Your student, Twilight Sparkle.

"There. Got it!", Spike finished writing.

Spike rolled up the parchment, sealed it, then blew a huff of green smoke. It flew off to Canterlot. Where the Princess will read it. And forever remember the day she helped re-kindle Rainbow Dash and Carl... And welcomed Kieran as a new addition to her kingdom.