• Published 1st Oct 2014
  • 922 Views, 47 Comments

Of Tricks And Treats - Starlight Shadow



Thirty-one Halloween-related (or Nightmare Night, whatever floats your boat) vignettes.

  • ...
5
 47
 922

Reading Bonds

Pinkie leaned against Twilight's staircase, sighing happily. Contrary to popular belief, she did in fact get tired occasionally.

She looked around the main room of Twilight's library, where the rest of her friends and their younger siblings were gathered. Along with Twist, who had tagged along with her and was talking rather animatedly with Apple Bloom. She grinned and suppressed a squeal.

Twilight and Applejack were talking quietly over near the bowl of punch Spike had whipped up. They were still the bestest of buds they had always been, but there was a new kind of tenderness in their exchange. It warmed her heart. Another Pinkie Pie Plan successful.

Rarity and Dash were on the other side of the punch bowl. Rarity had came out of the club relatively unscathed, but still loudly proclaiming that she didn't want to go in there again anytime soon. Dash of course thought she was being a drama queen. Pinkie did like their playful arguments, and their bond was stronger than it was before. She could tell.

Fluttershy was up at the window exchanging a somewhat tearful goodbye with Luna. Their assertiveness plan had worked out nicely, and Fluttershy was going to try and be more social from this point forward. Dating Luna really was good for her.

Discord and Angel had been fighting when she had headed to Fluttershy's with her group of foals. She hoped they were doing okay. She ate a piece of candy for them.

She ran to one of the lower windows and looked out, up at Canterlot. What were ponies doing up there, she wondered, to celebrate the holiday? What was Princess Celestia doing? If she were the princess, she would have partied anyway, regardless of whether or not she was an all-powerful sun goddess. The musicians were probably busy, performing for the various fancy ponies having parties. Pinkie hoped for a backstage romance to bloom.

And what was happening in the human world Twilight had told them about? She hoped that Sunset Shimmer that had stolen the crown was doing okay. Twilight said that she had tried to reform. Like Discord. And if Discord could reform, then Sunset Shimmer certainly could. Maybe she was making friends!

She turned and squished part of her head against the window so she could barely spot the Crystal Empire, a barely shimmering gem on the horizon. Nova was nine this year; was she having fun? What was she dressed up as? Probably a Royal Guard, if Shining had anything to do with it. Pinkie giggled.

So many bonds had been tested and strengthened and formed over the course of the Nightmare Night season, and on the night itself. Pinkie gave every single one her best from this night onward. Holidays were always a magical time; wasn't that why parties existed?

And if a day was important enough to be a nationally-recognized holiday-and-therefore-party-day, then you bet your flank Pinkie was going to honor it. She darted over to the corner where the radio was and turned it on, then turned it up.

Author's Note:

And that's a wrap!

Happy Halloween everyone and thank you for reading this project that is as of right now my best story. Seriously, I'm so proud of myself for seeing a multi-chapter through to the end. EEE.

Comments ( 3 )

Have you ever considered submitting this story to Equestria Daily? You can find out how to do so here. Where did you get the cover art?

That was a fun group of fics. Thanks for the entertainment. :twilightsmile:

A most enjoyable collection. Thank you for it.

Login or register to comment