• Published 1st Oct 2014
  • 927 Views, 47 Comments

Of Tricks And Treats - Starlight Shadow



Thirty-one Halloween-related (or Nightmare Night, whatever floats your boat) vignettes.

  • ...
5
 47
 927

Magical Girls

Diamond Tiara pulled on her fourth black boot. "Silver, are you ready?" She called to Silver Spoon. While she waited for Silver to answer, she turned and looked in the full-length mirror. She was dressed like Blackstone, one half of their favorite superheroine duo. Black lacy shirt and skirt and black boots with little hearts on them. And she couldn't forget the matching pink belt, with the little clip-on purse containing the magical device she used to transform.

"Almost. One second." Silver stepped out from behind Diamond's bed. She was dressed up as Whitehouse. Silver's costume was a frilly white dress, with her silver hair tied in a high ponytail and secured with a white and blue ribbon. A big white bow adorned the bodice, and her boots were white. She gave herself one last once-over to make sure everything was clipped correctly, particularly her belt. "Okay, I'm done. Diamond?"

Diamond continued looking at herself in her costume. Her hair was down, and she was missing her signature tiara. Her outfit was much more suited to action and running than the clothing she wore to fancy events for her father's work, which consisted of dresses nearly impossible to walk in. She felt so...different dressed up as a magical girl. Much more confident. Like she could fight off any evil coming at her.

She could really use some magical powers in her life.

Blackstone had a special power she used alongside Whitehouse - Pulsar. It purged any dark forces possessing a creature. Maybe if she really was Blackstone, and Silver really was Whitehouse, then they could use it on her father. Then he would see how silly he was being staying in his office all the time. Silver's mother was taking them trick-or-treating this year, because he was still too busy. He always went out trick-or-treating with them.

"Diamond, I know I'm working a lot." Filthy Rich told his daughter as she snuggled deeper into the covers. "But that's just how it has to be for now, until I can get things in order. What with your mother leaving..." He wore a faraway look for a minute before snapping back to reality. "Listen, just hold out for a while longer, okay?"

Diamond Tiara nodded.

"Diamond?"

Diamond shook her head to clear away the memory. She wasn't Diamond Tiara tonight. She was action-girl Blackstone, ready for a night of patrolling the streets and getting candy.

She turned to Silver. "Blackstone?" Silver asked. "Are you ready?"

"Yep." Diamond nodded. "Let's get going."

Author's Note:

Yes, they are dressed up as Cure Black and Cure White. I had to.