• Published 1st Oct 2014
  • 928 Views, 47 Comments

Of Tricks And Treats - Starlight Shadow



Thirty-one Halloween-related (or Nightmare Night, whatever floats your boat) vignettes.

  • ...
5
 47
 928

Angel With A Shotgun

Celestia waved at Luna as she flew towards Ponyville. Dating Fluttershy really was good for her. "Bye..." Once she was sure that Luna was well and truly gone, she dashed out of her quarters and down the halls, giggling madly. She had chosen this particular time to get her noodle implements because this was when the shifts changed and there was the least amount of guards around. She had to maintain Celestia's reputation.

She skidded to a stop in front of an unassuming closet door. Buried behind spare uniforms and cleaning supplies was her ticket to normalcy for one truly magical night. A tulle skirt, fuzzy leg warmers, a cat tail, and cat ears, made for a much smaller pony than she.

Concentrating and catching her breath from the sprint to this loyal closet, she lit her long white horn, smiling as the golden magic enveloped her form, turning her coat pale gold, shortening her horn and temporarily removing her wings, making her body smaller and less gangly, and turning her spectral waves into a brown mane and tail streaked through with blond. Her sun cutie mark became a silver bow and arrow, representing Angel Grace's talent for archery.

She opened her eyes and smiled at her reflection in a dusty full-length mirror. She wasn't Princess Celestia anymore. She was Angel Grace, a teenager out to have some fun on Nightmare Night.

Celestia squealed and jumped into her costume, tying her mane into a Prench braid before heading out, being careful to sneak around any guards she saw on her way to the front gates. They had orders to not disturb her under any circumstances, for she was working on some incredibly important letters. She was in the clear.

She really didn't mind her job ruling over a whole nation. Despite Luna's moaning about how tall the piles of paperwork and forms had gotten over the centuries, Celestia found filling each one out to be quite relaxing. She really wasn't a fan of spontaneity and surprises - those were much more to Luna's liking. Though she didn't mind being the immortal and all-powerful Celestia, being Angel Grace and 'hanging out' as they said with a group of other teenagers she had befriended was quite fun as well.

She leapt through the front gates, unable to keep the bounce out of her step, snickering as she imagined the expressions her guards would wear if they knew that Princess Celestia had left the castle without them to keep her company. She scanned the crowd for her friends. They were supposed to meet her near the castle, then they were off for a night of free sweets, fun, and hopefully debauchery.

Yes, Princess Celestia was a pure and untouchable virgin, but Angel Grace got up to quite a bit. Another perk of having an alternate persona. "Hey, Angel!"

Her ears perked up as she caught sight of Arabella waving to her, Kalos and Sinnoh right behind her. She waved back and hurried over to them. They greeted her with pats on the back and hugs, in Arabella's case.

"You ready to go?" Kalos asked, gesturing toward the streets.

"Look out, Canterlot." She responded confidently, tying her tail with Arabella's, as they strode off.

She was much more outgoing as Angel, as well.

Author's Note:

What does this have to do with angels and shotguns?

Well....it was the title of the song I was listening to while writing this. That counts, right? Also, Angel With A Shotgun is totally Celestia's theme.