• Published 1st Oct 2014
  • 928 Views, 47 Comments

Of Tricks And Treats - Starlight Shadow



Thirty-one Halloween-related (or Nightmare Night, whatever floats your boat) vignettes.

  • ...
5
 47
 928

Sassaflash

Now I know what ponies mean when they say they have "butterflies in their stomach".

She's looking this way. Please excuse my impudence, O Great Goddess Of The Air, I am not worthy.

Did I say that out loud? I totally said that out loud.

Arg. At least she's not laughing at me. She is dressed as a Goddess of the Air, as she was known in legend. Private Pansy. I love how her eyes light up when she talks about history. Add that to the Mental List Of Things I Like About Sassaflash. It's a long list.

My name sounds so much better when she says it. Caramel. When she says it, it sounds like the sweet, chewy dessert that it is. When anyone else says it, it's a boring moniker. There's a reason Big Mac and his sister prefer to call me Mel.

Yes yes yes I would love to go walking with you and your little sister. That would be wonderful.

We're not talking at all. I don't care; it's enough that I can just stand next to her, breath in the scent of static and fresh rain. It's beautiful. Someone should make that into a perfume. They'd be a rich pony.

Her sister is going on and on about various nonsense. It's charming, in a way.

Sass cut her off. She's blushing. I wonder what stallion Aura was talking about?

Now Sass is talking up a storm. Do I actually like caramel? Yes, I like it quite a bit. It tastes good with apples. Apparently she's always wanted to ask me that. That's weirdly adorable.

Just ask her if she wants to get dinner with you later, you idiot! It's not hard!

Logic is a filthy liar, don't you know. It's the hardest thing in the world to ask a girl you really like out. Your knees turn to water and your throat gets dry. Makes it hard to speak. Or walk.

Yes, I'm okay, Sass. Just a bit nervous.

Why am I nervous? Oh geez. This isn't happening. Not like this.

Her eyes look so soft. Like I could smoosh them. Love really does make you crazy if I'm thinking about smooshing a girl's eyes.

She said yes. I don't know how I feel about this. Ridiculously happy, of course, but there are still nervous tingles. Like something else should be happening.

And she's kissing me. Her mouth tastes like candy. No surprise, considering this is Nightmare Night, but still mmm. And I'm kissing her back...

Yes, sing your little song, Aura. K-I-S-S-I-N-G indeed.

More walking as we hit the last few houses Aura wanted to go to. I'm savoring every inhale.

And we're off to dinner. Score. At Burger Barn, because it's the only place that's open this late, but still. Score.

Author's Note:

An experiment in writing a story consisting of nothing but bits of monologue. Hope you enjoyed it.