• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 632 Views, 17 Comments

Knight of the Heart - Neroson40



Princess Celestia has a new student... who hates everypony around him, but can one mare change all that?

  • ...
4
 17
 632

The Monster's Right Hand

The Monster’s Right Hand

And my arm was hurting, and the further away I got from Twilight and the others the less it seemed to throb. It seemed to be less of an internal pain caused by their presence, and more of a strain for my arm to get out of the cast it was in. We got back to the school when the Battle of the Bands was going to be announced, the noise and the arguments were unbearable. After a small attempt at shutting down the event, Twilight bumped into Flash.

“We really need to stop bumping into each other like this,” she said. I could tell that Flash wanted to say something nice to her, but he pretended to be a little bit of a jerk.

“You guys hear something?” when Twilight tried to repeat what she said: “There it is again! So annoying!”

“What’s gotten into you!?” Twilight started to look hurt, and I regretted the fact that Flash had to do this for my future.

“What’s gotten into me!? What’s happened to you!? You go home for, like, forever and come back only to try and stop the school’s biggest event!? I want this, Twilight!”

“No, Flash!” Twilight tried to reason with him. “I know you don’t really think that!”

“Then maybe you don’t know me.” Sunset shimmer took Twilight by the shoulders and guided her away from us. Right then I felt like a real A-class monster for having Flash say those things to Twilight. And I could tell it hurt him a lot more to say them. “Is she gone?”

“Yeah,” Sunlit Torch said. Flash put his back to the lockers, slid down them and started to cry. I wanted to comfort him, tell him I was sorry he had to say that stuff, but it didn’t seem like my place to try. I looked at Twilight who I could tell was wiping a tear from her eye. Sunset Shimmer wasn’t glaring at Flash anymore; she was looking cautiously at me! Why me!?

Then I realized something. My arm was still throbbing, even though they were out of sight five minutes later, and it was starting to hurt worse. I looked at the cast and noticed a faint blue light coming from within. When the light died down, so did the pain.

“What was that!?” Blueburst asked. “It was glowing!”

“I don’t know…” I said. “But I get the feeling we’re gonna find out by the end of this.” Flash looked up for a second, then another, and a full minute passed and his expression changed to one of confusion. I looked where he was looking, and I saw what he was so confused about. There was a man in front of us. All I could tell you about him was he was wearing a black coat. I didn’t see anything else, not his face; I didn’t even hear his real voice. He must’ve had a voice distortion device of some sort, his voice sounded unnaturally deep.

“The Nephilim… is Champion,” he turned away and walked into the crowd in the auditorium, disappearing from sight. At that point I had to know what he was talking about. I looked at Flash silently telling him what I was thinking.

“Champ! NO!” but it was too late, I grabbed the bandages around my arm and started to tear at them, it was easy to get them completely off, when the spikes popped out then retracted back into the monstrosity that was my right arm. It was brown scaled, like those of a cobra, if those were big as a knife’s blade. The only parts that weren’t covered were my fingers and the back of my hand, which glowed unnaturally blue with an unknown energy. Flash came over to me and punched me. “I warned you.”