• Published 1st Oct 2014
  • 4,486 Views, 275 Comments

I'm a Lich and I know it! - Dream Seeker



Winter Aurora is a Lich. Not an evil, nasty Lich, but a Lich all the same. She can't help who she is, and all she wants is to meet a pony who can look past her rotting exterior to see the beautiful mare she is on the inside.

  • ...
15
 275
 4,486

Aren't you scared?

Winter sighed as she gazed into the distance. It had been a year now since her 'death'. Every day she had sat here, gazed into the distance, and sighed as she reminisced on happier times. She hadn't seen anypony for weeks, since that foal entered to try to prove to her friends that there was no Lich in the graveyard. What a scare he had gotten... Winter chuckled. She immediately stopped and her ears pricked at the sharp creak of the iron gate closing. Winter turned around to see a unicorn filly enter, walking slowly through the graveyards. Winter sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Time to scare off another little filly..." she muttered as she emerged from hiding.

The filly stared at her, and she stared back for a few moments. They locked eyes, and for once the filly didn't flinch away.

"Hi!" the filly said cheerily. "What's your name?"

Winter blinked, startled. Hope began to rise once more. She had seen her face, and not screamed! "Hi, I'm Winter Aurora, but you can call me Winter!" she replied, smiling. "What's your name?"

"I'm Snowflake, but you can call me Snow." the unicorn filly smiled as well, and Winter's heart jumped. "Are you the Lich? My mom said there was a Lich in the graveyard."

Winter's smile dropped. "Yes." she said, her head drooping.

"That's okay. My parents told me that I who I am, and I can't change that," Snow was still smiling. "It should be the same with you, right?"

Winter's head rose, and the smile appeared again. "Aren't you scared?"

"Why?"

"Because everypony is scared of me. I haven't gotten to talk to a pony in months!" Winter was practically skipping now. "Do you want to be my friend?"

"Sure!" Snow replied happily, and Winter grinned with glee.

"I made a friend! I made a friend!"

Winter's staff glowed with a light blue aura, and she vanished with a flash, only to reappear a few feet away from Snow.

"Wow! Cool! How can you do magic without a horn?" Snow asked excitedly.

"My staff." Winter replied. "It lets me cast spells, even though I have no horn."

"What else can you do?" Snow asked.

"I can levitate things, create ice, teleport, and... raise the dead." Winter replied nervously.

Snow's eyes widened. "You can make zombie ponies?"

Winter flinched. "Yes. But they won't hurt anypony if I don't want them to!" Winter added quickly.

"Then that's all right." Snow said. "As long as they don't hurt ponies."

"Snow! Snowflake! Where are you?" a pony called in the distance, and Snow flinched.

"I've got to go, that's my mother. See you later?" Snow smiled.

Winter smiled back. "Yes! Please visit, it gets so lonely here. Also, don't tell your mom about me, she'll think I did something to you."

Snow blinked. "But that's silly! You've never hurt anypony!" she protested.

Winter winced. "Nopony seems to care about that..." she muttered.

"Snowflake!" the pony in the distance called again.

"Sorry, I've got to go now." Snow said apologetically. "I'll be back soon, and I promise I won't tell mom."

"Bye!" Winter waved as Snow sprinted out the gates. A goofy smile lay on Winter's face. A friend at last!


Snowflake smiled. That Lich wasn't so mean. What was everypony worried about?

"Where were you?" Snowflake's mother asked. "I've been looking all over for you! I thought the Lich had got you."

Snowflake's eyes shifted back and forth. "Uh... nope!"

Her mother just stared. "Snowflake, I told you not to lie to me."

"But I promised I wouldn't tell!" Snowflake whined.

"Come on now, just tell me. Where were you? Did you see the Lich?"

Snowflake kicked the ground with a hoof, and spoke in a subdued tone of voice. "Yes mom, I was in the graveyard. I talked to the Lich."

Snowflake's mom gasped. "Snowflake! Liches are dangerous! What did it do to you? How did you escape?"

"She was really nice, mom! She didn't do anything to me!" Snowflake chirped.

"Nonsense. It's worse than I thought, it must have cast a spell on you with its magic," her mother said worriedly. "Come now, a new doctor moved in recently, specializing in magical ailments. We'll have him take a look at you."

"But mom, I'm fine," Snowflake whined. "Also the Lich was just a little filly."

"Of course the Lich looked like a little filly, it was just luring you in closer! Follow me."


"Well, your daughter looks fine magically. What happened to her?" the new doctor asked.

"She's been brainwashed by a Lich!" Snowflake's mother replied.

"Hmm... It's possible that it was a nonmagical form of hypnosis, or that the Lich is just so good at it that they can hide all the signs."

"What can we do about that?" Snowflake's mother asked, panicking.

"I told you, nothing happened to me!" Snowflake groaned, frustrated. "I'm fine!"

"I'm not sure. I'd go see one of the Princesses." the doctor replied, ignoring the filly's complaints. "For now, we should capture the Lich or get it out of town."

"But she's friendly!" Snowflake protested.

"Now now, you're just brainwashed. Go home, we're calling the guards." Snowflake's mom replied, and Snowflake bolted.


"Winter! Winter! The guards are coming!" Snowflake shouted into the graveyard, and watched the bodies stir.

"Why now?" Winter complained.

"I couldn't lie to mom." Snowflake said sheepishly, and Winter sighed.

"I'll be in a nearby village. Please find me one day. I don't want to be alone again." Winter replied, a tear falling from her eye. "Don't forget."

Winter sprinted off into the distance, her wings aiding her.

Author's Note:

They know about Liches because somepony thought to tell them about what was living in their graveyard other than 'monster'. Keep in mind she's been living there for half a year.