• Published 1st Oct 2014
  • 4,478 Views, 275 Comments

I'm a Lich and I know it! - Dream Seeker



Winter Aurora is a Lich. Not an evil, nasty Lich, but a Lich all the same. She can't help who she is, and all she wants is to meet a pony who can look past her rotting exterior to see the beautiful mare she is on the inside.

  • ...
15
 275
 4,478

Celestia

Winter fidgeted nervously. She wasn't disguised, because she found that when she applied it she still wasn't able to move the body parts she no longer had, forcing her body to appear to be constantly staring off into the distance, with ears that stood straight up all the time and a mouth that showed no emotion. Winter decided that she'd rather be a skeleton than... that. Sombra laid a comforting hoof on her shoulder from behind, causing Winter to shiver at the feeling. The hoof on her raw bone didn't hurt, but it was a strange feeling to feel touch on a body part that should not be exposed.

"You'll do fine," he said. "Princess Celestia understands the circumstances. I'm sure after talking to her, you'll feel much more comfortable."

Twilight smiled. "Don't worry, the Princess trusts me completely, and I told her that you're a good pony. I'm certain she'll help Calypsion as best she can. All I'm worried about is talking to Shiny later!" Twilight's smile faded. "Shiny can be dense, at times. I just hope I can get through to him."

A large, golden chariot arrived, and the guards who pulled it snorted as they landed, shivering slightly at the frigid temperatures. Princess Celestia took a step outside of the chariot, smiling warmly at the welcoming committee. She walked swiftly toward Twilight, who practically jumped into her hooves as they hugged. It was a heartwarming sight for Winter, and she smiled, before her good mood dropped when she remembered that her body could no longer express her happiness. Princess Celestia stood up, and moved over to Sombra and Winter.

"Welcome, Princess Celestia," Sombra dropped into a bow, and Winter jerked for a moment, remembering just in time that she was supposed to bow as well.

"You don't have to bow to me," Celestia's voice was filled with amusement, but tinged with another emotion Winter couldn't identify.

"It is only courteous," Sombra replied with a smile as he rose. Winter quickly rose as well. "What can I do to prove that I'm reformed?"

"I can already tell that you've been purified of the corruption, Sombra. No need to convince me."

"Thank you, Princess," Sombra smiled. "In that case, I would like to introduce Winter Aurora to you."

Princess Celestia turned towards Winter, smiling gently. "Hello, Winter. I've been looking forward to meeting you."

"Y-you have?" Winter asked hesitantly. She felt a little bit of tension ease out of her bones, and then a little more when she realized that Princess Celestia hadn't even reacted to her skeletal body.

"Indeed. I have known several Liches in the distant past, and I always look forward to making new friends."

"F-friends?" Winter felt her heart stop beating- Then she remembered that she didn't have one anymore. "Was Starswirl one of your friends?"

"He was. We were friends for several thousand years, before his Phylactery was destroyed by a group of rebels soon after Nightmare Moon was defeated. I would like you to be my friend, as well."

"B-but, how do you know I'm not evil?" Winter stammered.

Celestia smiled gently. "It only took one look to determine who you are on the inside, Winter. No pun intended."

Winter giggled a bit. "I'd love to be your friend!"

Celestia smiled back. "We have a lot to talk about, but first I think I need to meet the rulers of Calypsion."

Twilight stepped in. "Pinkie Pie's been putting together a party, everypo-everybody, sorry, in all of Calypsion is invited. I believe this time it's a, 'Happy-Lich-Rebirth-and-Princess-Visit' party."

"I would be happy to attend. Lead on, my faithful student."


"-and I was like, 'Oatmeal, are you'- oh, hi, Twilight, hi Princess Celestia!" Pinkie smiled and waved as Celestia entered the party. "Over here! Grandbuggy, Winter, and Birch are all over here!"

"I would assume that you three are the leaders of Calypsion?" Celestia smiled as she trotted over. "It really is a beautiful town, and I haven't even seen all of it yet. You've done a great job with it."

"Thanks, Celly!" Grandbuggy grinned. Silence followed, as every being in the room turned to stare at Grandbuggy, accompanied by several dropped jaws and a gasp or two. Rarity, meanwhile, had fainted.

Celestia chuckled. "Nice to meet you. You are...?"

"Oh, I almost forgot my manners. I'm Grandbuggy!" he stuck spat on his hoof and stuck it out, grinning all the while. Twilight fainted as Celestia spat on her own hoof, and shook.

"I'm looking forward to maintaining a mutually beneficial relationship with Calypsion."

"I'm looking forward to maintaining a mutually beneficial relationship with your sister! Oh, and Equestria as well," Grandbuggy replied.

"Ohmy," Fluttershy gasped before fainting.

Celestia giggled. "It's been a long time since she's had a date. Good luck on that! I'll put in a good word for you."

By this point, Rainbow and Pinkie were on the ground, holding their sides as they rolled around, heaving for air.

"I think I like you," Big Winter spoke with a smile. "My name is Winter, and I'm a Windigo."

"Nice to meet you, Winter. I can see that you're much more polite than your ancestors."

"Yes. Like the Changelings, we have undergone a cultural revolution. Unfortunately, groups of primal Windigos still exist, much like groups of violent Changelings exist as well. Poor, misguided Chrysalis..." Winter sighed.

"I feel like I should introduce myself as well," Birch said. "My name is Birch, and I am a Timberwolf."

"Nice to meet you too, Birch. I hope that Equestria and Calypsion can learn to live together in peace and harmony."

"As do we. However, first would it be possible to make peace with the Crystal Empire? Shining Armor has been gearing up for a full-scale war, I hear," Birch said.

Celestia's face turned serious. "Yes, of course. I would like to arrange a party to meet them. As you are needed to run the city, I ask that Winter and Sombra be allowed to join me, Twilight, and Winter's new friends from the Crystal Empire on a diplomatic mission to Calypsion."

"Granted, of course. Unless any of you have objections?" Birch asked, which was followed by Big Winter and Grandbuggy shaking their heads. "Then it's settled. You may leave when ready. What was your planned leaving date?"

"I plan to visit tomorrow."

"Big Winter?" Little Winter asked apprehensively.

"Yes, what is it?"

"My friends from earlier, the ones that I went to visit the Crystal Empire with, went missing due to a mistake in a teleportation spell. Could you tell the guards to keep on the lookout for them?"

"Of course, Little Winter," Big Winter said. "After all, they are the first normal ponies to visit Calypsion! I'll make sure they're treated very well. Their opinions could turn out to be very important for public relations."

Sombra let out a yawn. "It's getting late, I think it's time to rest for the night."

"Is it even possible for me to sleep?" Winter asked.

Sombra frowned. "Not when you're in skeletal form. I guess I'll leave some books on magical theory, you can read during the night."

Winter prepared herself for a very long, very boring night.

Author's Note:

Winter and Princess Celestia are friends! Oh, the pranks they can lay together... I can just imagine a giant prank-war with teams: Winter and Celestia, Rainbow and Pinkie, Luna and Discord, Bugze and Grandbuggy! I should totally write a spin-off/side-story about that.

Ah, Grandbuggy...

Anyway, with all the side story ideas I have, I'm considering just making something called "I'm a Lich and I know it!: Origins" or something like that, or maybe just make a group for I'm a Lich and I know it!, and have a whole bunch of origin stories/side stories

Focus will finally be back on Winter and friends next chapter.

It has come to my attention that I could use at least one prereader, to tell me if the story's not flowing, or if I got carried away and put too much detail in some headcanon aspect the reader doesn't care about, or if something I wrote just fell flat, or if I messed up and made Winter use a facial expression when she's just a skeleton. If any of you would like to volunteer, PM me or drop a comment so I can PM you. Incentives:
1.) You get to read chapters before anybody else!
2.) I'll put your username up as a pre-reader on the front page of the story, as well as at the bottom of the chapters you pre-read.