• Published 29th Sep 2014
  • 2,950 Views, 76 Comments

The Pony With The Forbidden Magic - Hekkar



The Everfree holds more in it's woods then some monsters a rhyming Zebra.

  • ...
13
 76
 2,950

Chapter 6: The Shyness, The Bibliophile, and The Country Pony

Author's Note:

Expect a list of questions from Twilight and get ready for the next chapter. Once it is down I will knock this to mature.

Also further down, Lime Green is Spectre, Purple is Twilight.

"Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale."
- Hans Christian Anderson

The first four days of his punishment were quite calm and relatively simple to say the least. A bit of babysitting, a bit of modeling, and of course some shadowing to help keep a secret, but it all worked out so well. The next day came as he heard the schedule before and made his way to Fluttershy's cottage. Luckily he had seen it a few times from the hill as it was a small cottage with a lot of animals. As he got closer, the animals spread away from him as if afraid of his presence... well except for a bunny that thunked him with a carrot. Spectre glares at the rabbit as the cream fur mare comes out "Oh no Angel, this is a guest" she says. Spectre looks at the rabbit as he raises a eyebrow and thinks "Angel? More like Demon" he thinks. Fluttershy picks the bunny up as she looks at him "Um, it's nice to meet you again Spectre. I am glad you came here to help" she says.

Spectre simply nods as he looks over at Fluttershy "I do like to help my friends. Unless you have someone else here to help" he says. She looks around "Well..." she stops as the sound of 'oofing' is heard. The both of them turn to see a stallion carrying bird seed as he was a tall one at that. He was a mountain of a stallion with freckles adorning his apple red fur body, his green eyes that were almost the same shade as Applejack's and with a shaggy mess of hay blonde hair. The guy was buff and tall, towering over the two, but he didn't seem to abuse that fact. He attire was a pair of overalls, a red shirt and some leather gloves and boots. He walks over as he grabs and lifts Fluttershy as she gives a cute 'Eep!'. She then blushes a bit "B-Big mac! Don't scare me like that" she says.

The tall stallion chuckles "Sorry" he says in a thick, country accent. He lets her down as she blushes "Um, Big Mac... this is the stallion I told you about, Spectre" she says. He does a bow "I must say, out of all the stallions I have met... you are the tallest and strongest" he says. Mac simple nods with a "Eeyup" as he goes over and starts to feed the birds. Spectre looks over "Well a big softy for a soft spoken mare" he says. Fluttershy simply nods as she watches Big Mac with loving eyes. Ever since he came down to help feed the animals when she was sick, she felt a connection with the soft spoken stallion as her wings start to unfurl. Spectre clears his throat "Um miss Shy? Your wings are unfurling.... also what can I do to help?" he asks. Fluttershy blushes and folds them back as she looks at him "Well... I figure you travel a lot and know how to care for more... rambunctious animals. Perhaps you can help me with a few injured?" she asks.

Spectre seems a bit surprised as he rubs his head a bit "Well... I can try. Most of the time I pick up remains like shedded scales, dropped stingers, molted fur, so that I don't get killed by them. It's easier this way" he says. A loud roar is heard as the two run around back to find a Manticore with a broken paw. Seems he has been patched up for a few days, but scares the other animals away as Spectre looks at it. He looks over at Fluttershy "May I use your kitchen?" he asks. She simply nods as he goes inside and looks through the cabinets. He fills a pot with water and starts to boil it "Okay... a bit of radish.... a hint of dandelion... a couple tomatoes... and finally a ounce of Timber Wolf claw" he says as he mixes it together to make a green goo like substance. He walks back out, holding the substance as he walks to the Manticore. It roars at him as he roars back "Yeah yeah. Shut up and eat" he says as he puts it down. The manticore tries to sting him as he moves out of the way.

A few minutes pass as it starts to eat the substance as before long it falls on it's side. Fluttershy looked horrified as Spectre looks over "Don't worry.... it's a simple sleep soup. It'll be out for a good twenty minutes" he says. After that description, Mac and Shy go over and fix it up again as it should be gone by tomorrow. For the rest of the time, the three work to feed the animals as Spectre keeps glaring at Angel to not be a jerk. Then again, Big Mac keeps the bunny in line all the same with his size. The day ended sooner then expected as Spectre gives Flutters a copy of the recipe and explained a few other recipes to make other creatures fall asleep like Hydras or Cockatrices. As Spectre left, he could see Mac and Flutters simply snuggling on the couch and watching a movie as he heads back to his house in Everfree. So far the last four mares he had seen had somepony as a special somepony, yet... it left a pain in his chest.

He shakes his head to get rid of the thought as he walks back home for the rest of the day. As the night turned to day yet again, he went to the castle to get the rest of this punishment done with as he knocks on the door. It opens to show Spike wearing the gift he got from Spectre couple days before as Spectre smirks "Like the gift? Figure why not show the love of two amulets?" he asks. Spike chuckles a bit as he walks him to the library as infront of a fireplace was Twilight. She seemed to be scanning through books, but was not in a purple, gold, and pink princess outfit of regal design and adorned with gems. Spectre knocks on the shelf as Twilight looks up "Oh! Hello! I was just looking through my books to make sure that none had black magic spells" she says. Spectre shakes his head "Not a problem. So what to do for today?" he asks. Twilight gets a smirk as she levitates a quill and pen.

She rearranges the seats for him to sit across from her as he takes his seat. She motions for Spike to leave as he does so and the two look at eachother. Twilight smiles "I will ask 20 questions, just to know more about the Velvet Spectre stallion. Now, let's begin and answer truthfully" she says. Spectre simply nods as Twilight smiles "How old are you?"

"About twenty-five."

"Just a tad younger then many of us. Interesting. How would you describe yourself personally?"

"Loner, not exactly social, but that was all before Ponyville. Now I am a bit social, but still prefer my solitude for my magic work."

"Do you know any pony else who wanders Equestria?"

"Three: A Earth pony named Quick Bit, a stallion who lives to make deals, trades, sales.... hell he even sold a golden goblet to a dragon for some of his scales. Another is a pegasi named Storm Runner, a mare who lives to make storm clouds. Final one is Shade Maestro, a mare unicorn who uses magic and/or piano music to manipulate shadows."

"Where have you been to so far?"

"Manehattan, Stalliongrad, that Gryphon kingdom."

"What brought you to Ponyville?"

"Wanted a different life and Everfree felt like the right place."

That answer made Twilight stop "Wait? You live in the Everfree?" she asks. All Spectre did was nod as she looks at him "Did you happen to meet Zecora?" she asks. All he did was nod "She's like a neighbor to me. We help eachother when we can" he says. Twilight wrote this down as she looks at him "How many books have you obtained of such spells?"

"A small library of them. I keep them so they don't fall into the wrong hands and my hometown can use."

"Where do you come from?"

"New Foaleans, in The Forsaken Forest."

"Where exactly is your home?"

"It's in the Everfree near a rive where the place is scarier then anything Nightmare Moon may make and the river is clearer then any diamond."

"I heard from Rarity you had some scars. Mind telling me where they came from?"

"Timber Wolves. Went into a cave to get some cave stones for a potion and got bit from the Timber Wolves who lived there."

Twilight stops a bit as she writes it down. Spectre leans over and pats her shoulder "We can stop if you are getting tired or need a break" he says. That alone made Twilight sigh and smile "Sure" she says. She calls for Spike as he comes in with tea and some sandwiches for them as if he had them on standby just in case. As the two sat and ate in silence she looks at him as he nods. She picks the parchment and pen up as she resumes her questioning "Do you have any assistants?"

"No. I do plan for a crow or Timber Wolf though as one."

"How have the other ponies taken to you so far?"

"I believe fairly well since they trust me with some tasks. Pinkie had me watch the twins, RD had me shadow her to get rid of paparazzi in a non-lethal fashion, Rarity had me model and Fluttershy had me help deal with a injured Manticore"

Twilight just smiles as she knows her friend and animals, even the first time they went against one "Do you have any interest in helping others with this magic if possible?"

"My magic helps teach ponies a lesson and helps them also learn their is no shortcut to what they want."

"Do you do anything besides black magic?"

"I make potions, charms, voodoo dolls, and of course magic wards."

"Are you single?"

That question made Spectre stop. It was a bit personal, but a question nonetheless as he sighs. He looks at her "Yes"

"Are you a virgin?"

The one was also a bit personal, but he did say he answer truthfully "No"

"How big would you say you are in size?"

He blushes at that one "T-That is a private matter between me and whatever mare wants to bed with me at the given time" he says. He was truthful though. She nods "Sorry, just like to get details made clear. Alright, How do you know magic, no pony else does?"

"My father taught it to me. He is a voodoo stallion with a lot of talent and skill, but nonetheless he was the one who taught me these spells. Every hex, curse, black spell, voodoo, whodoo, everything of black magic. It's quite a common practice in my town, in terms of used for defending the place" he explains.

"Why is it forbidden magic?"

"Because... of the price" he says. He sighs "Each spell, curse, hex, all that black magic requires a price from simple sickness to.... a few years of the person's life.... or all of them" he says as his tone sounded grim as he sits back. Twilight had a mix expression of sorrow and shock "What.... what happened?" she asks. He looks down "My father taught me a spell called the Ultimate Revenge. The darkest, most powerful spell ever made. Problem is.... it nearly kills it's user. My grandfather used it on nobles who tried to buy my grandmother in their hay day like some corner mare..... the spell costed him the remaining forty-eight years of his life. My father was taught the spell and taught me it, but to only be used for extreme emergencies only." he explains.

All that information brought a tear to her eye as she looks away "I... am sorry" she says. He nods "But, nothing is ever free right?" he asks with a joking nervous chuckle. He sighs as she rolls up the parchment "We're done here" she says. He stands "Thank you... for listening" was all he said as he walked outside of the castle to find the sun setting. Ever since he got here, time had been flying faster then he can even remember.

After the walk home, something felt off, like something important was happening soon. He shrugged it off as he went to bed for his final day of the mares. He woke up as the sun had not risen yet as he decided to head over early to the final location. It was a farm where apples are said to grow for miles around as he sees a familiar orange mare at a tree. He smirks "Seems I'm not the only early bird" he says as that made her jump a bit. She chuckles "Well now, ain't you a sight for sore eyes Spectre. Never took ya for a morning pony. Or hell a working pony anyway" she says honestly. He chuckles nervously "Either way, I'm here and ready to help." he says with a grin.

As soon as the sun rose over the hill, Applejack had run off and started to buck apples off of trees as Spectre used his magic to catch the apples into baskets. It made it easy with magic, but the problem was keeping up with the Earth pony. She was quite a fast pony as he tries to keep up with her running around the orchard doing her job, but after a good hour or two, the job was done. As the two stopped to catch their breathe, they look at eachother as Spectre smiles. Applejack chuckles "Mighty kind of ya for the help, but that ain't your punishment" she says. He just shrugs as he relaxs till he hears some footsteps coming down the pathway. The two got up and head to the country house to meet them as a yellow pony comes out and gets into a group hug with two other young ponies.

Spectre looks up and sees the two more mature ponies are Rarity and Rainbow as he looks at the three hugging. They were young fillies from what he could tell as each of them was a different kind of pony. The yellow one was a Earth pony with orange eyes and in a pair of overalls, a red plaid shirt, works boots and jeans on. She had a big pink bow in her hair and apple red hair down to her lower back in a ponytail. The second one was a pegasi, but with small wings that haven't matured yet, a orange body and oddly enough light violet eyes like Spectres. She was rocking a tanktop with some cut off jeans and purple hair and tail. The third one was a unicorn with a white body, light green eyes and a pink and purple hair and tail. She was in a purple vest, white shirt and yellow skirt. In unison the three call out "Cutie Mark Crusaders ho!" as they all adorn some red cape.

Spectre simply looks at the three as if to ask and they all know the question. Applejack speaks first "This youngin is Applebloom, my younger sister" she says hugging the yellow filly. Next to get picked up is the white filly by Rarity "This is Sweetie Belle, my sister" she says. Spectre looks over as he looks at Dash and the orange filly "So... sister?"

"Nah. Scoots is my apprentice. She wants to be like me!"

"A arrogant, ego induced pegasi who can break sound barriers?" Spectre asks with a snicker as that got a laugh from just everypony. Dash just rolls her eyes as Applejack looks at Spectre "I like ya to look after the youngins while they do their usual hunt for cutie marks" she says. Spectre just looked at her in disbelief of how they could cause such problems. Suffice to say it didn't take long to find out after seeing them nearly burn down a treehouse trying to be firefighters, want to go into Everfree to be gem ponies, and to try and take photos of Rainbow's 'day out' as paparazzi ponies, but more truthful then last time they tried it. The time rolls by as Spectre forgot how much spirit and energy fillies had as he sees them just thinking now. At least that can't go bad.... maybe. Before he could even rest, he sees them now trying to jump Town Hall as daredevil ponies as he steps in and with his magic picks them up. He sighs as he looks at them "Why not do something your told of that may merit your talent? I mean what have other ponies said about you three?" he asks.

They all think as Sweetie says "Well... I've been told I have a good voice with singing" she says. She looks at Applebloom as she thinks as well "Well I've been told I am good with schematics of building" she says. The three now start to talk as he leaves them floating as he went for ice cream. He returned and shared the other ice creams he bought as they all rest for the rest of the day. After he walked them back to Sweet Apple Acres, he could hear them talk about their day as he just went to walk home, to end the day with sleep. He enters the Everfree as he still has that nagging feeling that he is forgetting something as he scratches his head and enters his home as he flops onto his bed and snoozes the day away.

Tomorrow, he have to start his work with the princesses in Canterlot.