• Published 29th Sep 2014
  • 2,950 Views, 76 Comments

The Pony With The Forbidden Magic - Hekkar



The Everfree holds more in it's woods then some monsters a rhyming Zebra.

  • ...
13
 76
 2,950

Chapter 14: Nightmare Night, Full Of Fright!

Author's Note:

"But I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner."
- Evan Peters

Doing this and tried to make it for Halloween. Unfortunately, real life interfered. Also not my best work, but hey everyone has their own set of story skills.

The day had started like any other for the voodoo stallion... well aside from what he woke up to a week ago. That's right, it had been a week since the duel and nopony had stopped talking about it, hell at this point the stallion had to use a morphing spell just to get to town and get his supplies. As he rises from his bed, he goes to his mirror and looks at himself as he recalls the events over the past week.

A whole week ago, the day after the fight specifically, the young stallion had awoken to a sight he found... embarrassing. Here he was, in the same bed, as Princess Twilight, in his home, and with her hooves around him, holding him close. He tried to move as he felt his body had quickly healed, probably something Nexus had a hand in doing. Damn dark magic being.... still, he is helpful in his own ways, despite a being of dark power.

As Velvet moved a bit, he sneaks out of Twilight's arms as he manage to get over her and out of the bed without waking her as he looks at her. To of said she looked like a sleeping angel would of been a bit of a understatement. He felt just like leaning down and nuzzling the mare as she slept, but he shakes his head of that notion. His heart and mind already had other mares occupying it and he rather deal with those first then add in a third choice.

Much of that day was a bit fuzzy, but what he does remember is going to town and ponies talking about how 'The Voodoo Stallion had defeated the Magic Princess' or 'How That Stallion used a cheap move'. Suffice to say that fight had mixed views and to his surprise neither Luna or Celestia had come down or called on him because of it. Probably figure it was a misunderstanding and didn't want to make it a big ordeal, or just busy. Either way, the town had something to talk about for quite sometime. Problem was some wanted to get his autograph, others wanted to run him out of town, but had too much fear of him.

Over the week, he had also had to resort to changing himself into a temporary disguise just to avoid some ponies. Luckily only the Princess and her friends were allowed to see past this illusion of his so they would not worry.... well also so RD knows her attempt at slammin her hooves on his chest didn't affect him too hard. Not to mention also over the week, Luna had come to visit him in his dreams, simply to talk and spy on his... vivid dreams, as he called them. One event though in town kind of surprised him though as it was a day after the curse on Fluttershy/Gilda passed.

Gilda met with Fluttershy in town and apologized with sincerity in her eyes and large bags under her eyes as she said 'the guilt kept her from sleeping and.... she was a jerk'. As expected, the kind pegasi forgave Gilda and they hugged it out as the other mares were still... skeptical. Velvet however, kept his distance since he wanted to stay far away from getting blamed for her 'problem'. Though with his sudden popularity, Velvet also had more customers for his potions and curses making him quite the pony to go to for problems. All that happened in the span of a week.

Today though, everything felt.... off. For some reason, it was still night time even though it was suppose to be morning by now. As he walked out of the door and to the town, he saw everything was decorated in ghastly decorations, ghoulish designs and of course everyday stuff you see during that one time of the month that indicates everypony's favorite time. Ghosts, pumpkins, and foals running around in costumes and with bags of candy, but also seem a bit... afraid.

As he walked through town, he looked and saw that a stage sits in the town square, but what was on the stage was what scared him a bit. On the stage was a large alicorn in fur black as night and in armor that was blue and other her whole body. It looked... ancient, a form of armor not made anymore since peace came to Equestria, but his mind was on something else. This alicorn had cyan colored eyes and were draconian looking. It hit him as he stands before the stage. Nightmare Moon herself had appeared as nearby was a pile of candy, of course offerings as the song went.

As the alicorn looks down and sees him, she seems to smile as she starts to stand. For a moment, Velvet looked into her eyes and saw that in her eyes, Princess Luna is still in control. That honestly brought him relief as he was a bit confused on why she was Nightmare Moon, but... a theory does grow. Nightmare Moon looks at him and smiles "And whom doth stands before us?" she asks in the royal tongue.

Velvet looks up at her and smiles, deciding to play along "I be the stallion of dark magic, Velvet Spectre, son of the master of dark magic, Shadow Stallion and his wife Amberheart Jewel. I have come here, hearing of how you have enslaved this town and came to end your reign" he says in a serious tone. Soon the ponies stop walking and watch as the mist goes from his body "You will pay for your crimes here" he says as he changes into Nexus and starts to charge his horn to fire.

As he does so, Nightmare starts to fire as the spells clash, making bright flashes, blinding most of the ponies from the collision as the two vanish and into the clouds they go to fight with magic explosions seen from the ground. On a rooftop nearby, Velvet and Luna sit and watch the show they had inadvertently created for them. Velvet smiles as he looks at Luna "Quite interesting what we have created simply from me going along with your plan" he says.

The princess nods and smiles "We appreciate thee for playing along. Initially, we had planned for this one night for us to be in control of the night. We had a talk with sister and she agreed to this, but.... well that was till thee came along and change of plans" she says.

Velvet simply nods "Still... I wonder how this will go" he says. As they look back, Nightmare Moon descends after a large explosion.

In the sky, a large green explosion was seen as Nexus's face appears and is laughing "I cannot be done away so easily Nightmare Moon! When next we meet, you shall fall!" it says as a proclamation and dissipates. As the night continued, Velvet walked around as himself as Luna had to return to her seat as Nightmare Moon. Velvet, from afar, saw his friends enjoying the holiday, but with a griffon friend with them as it seems Fluttershy seemed to of convinced them to give her a chance. All he did was mainly wander as he never really celebrated Nightmare Night. They did celebrate some kind of festival where just everypony got drunk and crazy, but that was for another time and another story.

Near the library, Velvet overheard three mares talking from nearby as he stops. He hears a few words that he can make out such as 'like him' and 'admit it' as his mind felt itself on a decision. Part of his mind wanted to listen, solely to get more customers since he needed to make a living. The other hand though, he didn't want to eavesdrop, but... his mind for customers got the better of him.

As he looks through one of the mirrors, he sees three mares talking about something. As he looks closely, he sees one is Zecora who looks like a swamp witch with her hair down and fake spiders as honestly... she looked pretty cute. Another mare was Twilight as, surprise surprise, she looked like Starswirl the Bearded. The final mare was Princess Luna, probably using another duplicate like for the show.

As Velvet tried to hear more of their words, he sees Twilight's horn light up as he seems confused. Suddenly, he felt warm.... very warm... like when a unicorn was coating him in... magic. As he looks around, he is coated in purple magic as before long, he is suddenly in the library as he falls on the floor. He groans as he looks up and sees the three mares looking at him, Twilight blushing a bit.

She looks at Luna "Are you sure this is the right way?" she asks.

Luna simply nods "Of course. The direct way is the best way Twilight" she says.

Velvet simply sits up as he looks at them confused. He is about to say something as Twilight looks down "Um... Velvet. I-I know I barely know you, but well it's like I um..." she can't seem to make a coherent sentence as she tries to say something.

Zecora simply chuckles a bit "What our shy princess is trying to ask, is if you could do a simple task. One you are familiar with, but something that does not have to be done forthwith" she says. Twilight seems unable to say it as she simply writes down a question and hands it over to Spectre. To say that it surprised him would be as close to the truth as possible. He reads it over again and again as he can't believe what it asked. In all honesty though, he should of seen this coming from two of the questions she asked him.

How do you feel about herds?
If alright with them, would you like to make one... with me?

Velvet's mind went into a shutdown like form as him and Nexus look at eachother.... well Velvet looked, Nexus just laughed hard at the question and what Velvet did. He needed time and the only place with enough time is his head... now for the talk with his other half.