• Published 28th Sep 2014
  • 1,190 Views, 30 Comments

Starcrossed - raritypie



After getting some surprising news,shenanigans ensue. Will it make their relationship crumble? Or will they be destined to be together forever?

  • ...
8
 30
 1,190

Reunion

The sun had began to set on this amazing Spring Day. I had the most wonderful time with my friends and I couldn't wait to get back home to stuff my mouth with cupcakes and other goodies.

"Bye Girls!"

"Bye Pinkie!" Said my friends as they went to their homes.

I began to venture back to the bakery. The Cakes were getting ready to close the store and the last few customers left. I went inside to help with cleaning.

"Hi! Mrs.Cake!"

"Why hello Pinkie. Are you enjoying your week off?"

"Yes indeed! Though I can't wait to help again!"

"Oh don't push yourself! You've been working your hooves off the last few days and we felt that a break was well deserved."

"Aww Thanks! It doesn't matter though you look like you could use another set of hooves. Where's Mr.Cake?"

"...He's with the foals."

"Oh okay..." The slight hesitation in her voice signaled me to stop this conversation. Cup Cake rarely feels nervous and on those rare occasions that she is...It's not pretty.

I went into the kitchen to start cleaning the dishes. I was soon interrupted by Mrs.Cake who had a gigantic smile on her face.

"Pinkie! You have a guest!"

"Ooh Really?"

"Yes Really! Now go out and greet them!"

I was excited about who could want to see me. I had know clue who it was. Could it be...?

I left the kitchen and saw one of my favorite ponies in the entire universe.

"Maud!"

I gripped her in a tight embrace.

"Ooh! What are you doing here?"

Maud spoke first.

"There is something here I've been looking for."

"Ooh a mystery item! Do you need help looking?"

"No but thank you. May I stay over until it's found?"

"Ooh of course! We can have slumber parties and tell scary stories and eat sweets all night!"

"Sounds fun."

"Would you like me to take your bag Maud?"

"That would be nice. Thank you."

Maud and I went up to my bedroom and I sat her bag on the bed. I was really curious to know what she was looking for.

"Maud? What are you searching for?"

"It's something special. I feel it will contribute to my studies."

"Oooh! Sounds nice. Did you get my letter?"

"Yes. What's the surprise for Boulder?"

"I found another boulder who grey with purple spots! Isn't be gorgeous?"

Maud smiled a bit. " Yes Pinkie and I'm sure Boulder will love it. He's sleep now you know. It's past his bedtime."

"Aww!"

Maud emptied her pockets and showed me the other boulders she found. Some were grey like Boulder, some were shimmering and shiny and others came in all colors of the rainbow.

"Ooh! So pretty!"

"Thanks." She set them aside on a nearby end table.

"Pinkie? Could you tell me more about Cheese Sandwich?"

"Of course!" I thought it was odd for her to just mention him out of the blue, but I told Maud everything and I'm sure I've told it to her more than once.

I told her how we met again last year. How he wanted me to help with a celebrity wedding he was planning, the drama I had gone through, the new friends I made and of course our relationship. I told her how last year that we also found out that we were friends in the past. Though it took me a while to realize who he was. I told her how I felt about him. Those few weeks he was here had felt longer and sometimes I wish he'd stay. We've exchanged tons of letters to each other over the year and I feel like the distance had only strengthened the bond.

"I see..."

"Why'd you want to know about him?"

"...I was curious that's all."

"Maud. That's not true. Tell me!"

"..." Maud is a bad liar. Ever since she was a filly, her ears would perk up and signal that she was lying. I don't think she ever knew about it though.

"Fine Pinkie. I was on my way to the farm to see if I can find books for my research. However, I found something a bit more unsettling."

"What?!" And how exactly does this relate to Cheese?!

"Shh.Let me finish."

"Sorry. Please continue."

"I went to look for anypony who was at the farm. Mother and Father were out and I couldn't find Blinkie and Inkie."

"And then?" I was getting nervous. What happened to Cheese?

"I had gone to the cellar to find the twins and Cheese down there. Cheese was incapable of movement and the twins continued to interrogate him."

I was boiling mad. Why was Cheese there? How dare Inkie and Blinkie do this?

"Apparently, one of them kidnapped Cheese after his return to Ponyville two nights ago."

"..." So Cheese was coming! But they ruined it...he probably thinks my family and I are insane.

"Did you save him Maud?"

"Of course! I wouldn't trust any pony with Inkie and Blinkie."

"Where is he now?"

"I rescued him from the cellar and we took the train here. However, I felt he needed his rest so I took him to a nearby inn."

"Aww thank you Maud for taking good care of him! Now let's go see him!"

"Pinkie. It's time for him to sleep. We can see him in the morning."

"Aww..."

"We should sleep as well."

I nodded and began to get into the bed and Maud joined me. It had been such a long time since we slept in the same bed. It reminded me when we were little fillies.

"Good Night Pinkie."

"Oh...Night Maud."

She immediately fell asleep, I couldn't blame her, it sounded like she and Cheese had a rough day. I couldn't sleep. I was worried about Cheese's well being and what my sisters had done to him. How could they be so crazy? I realize they mean well but they go to extremes on everything. I was really glad that Maud was there to save him. I don't know what would have happened if she wasn't at the farm.

It was about 11PM. I still couldn't sleep so I went out for a walk to clear my mind. I left the bakery, and headed for Towns Square. It truly is different without the ruckus of the ponies rushing through town. The moon lit the town surrounding it in a milky white aura. It felt comforting and was something I desperately needed right now.

Then, I wondered. Cheese is here right? Maybe it isn't too late to visit! There's only two inns in Ponyville and the innkeeper for one is out of town! So he just has to be...

I ran back to the direction of the bakery. Across from it was the infamous Hay and Stay. It was one of the few hotels in the town so ponies who travel here have no choice but to stay here. Due to a crazy event a few years back, no pony likes to stay there because of a guest convicted for murder.

I entered the inn and the keeper was not present. To pique my curiosity, I went I skimmed the guestbook. Sure enough his name was the only one in there.

"Room 014!" I yelled. I ran down the hallway to Room 14.As I reached the door and I felt butterflies flitter through my body. I nervously put my hooves on the door and knocked. I waited for a few seconds and the door swung open.

"..." I didn't see any pony, but I walked in anyway.

"Cheese?"

"..."

The silence became eerie. "C-Cheese?"

"..." I was frightened. Was I in the wrong room? If so, where was Cheese?

"I-If this is some kind of cruel joke...It's not funny."

"..."

Suddenly, there was a loud crash. It was enough to send me running out of this scary place. I ran down the hallway and bumped into somepony. I looked up and there he was.

"Cheese!"

"Pinkie!" He hugged me tightly and wiped my fearful tears away.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-yes...I was really eager to visit you and you weren't in your room..."

"I'm sorry. If I knew you were coming I would have stayed. Please don't cry."

Tears kept streaming down my face and he kissed them away. "All better?"

I nodded and response and spoke: "Something happened in your room. There was a loud crash."

"Crash...? Oh! It must have been the mirror!It looked a little wobbly so I left to tell the inn keeper about it. There's nothing he can do about it now, but he did give me a new room to stay in."

"How nice! Which room did you get?"

"Room 011. Come on, let's go!"

He grabbed my hoof and escorted me to the new room. This one was more aesthetically pleasing than the last one. He laid on his bed and invited me to sit.

"It's been so long Pinkie. Perhaps a little too long."

"Yes it has! I missed you very much."

"And I've missed you too. I hope you've being doing well."

"I've been super amazing! How has party planning been going?"

"..."

"What? Is everything okay Cheesy?"

"Yeah. I haven't been getting my cheesy sense lately. Do you think something is wrong?"

"No! You've just hit a slump. That's all. It happens to the best of us."

"I guess Pinkie."

"What was the last party you planned?"

"A few days ago, I was in Appleloosa planning the town's anniversary party."

"Oooh fun! It was fun wasn't it?"

"Loads of fun! But I'll be heading back next weekend to plan a birthday party." He seemed a little upset at the fact that he would have to leave again.

"Hey...Don't be sad. We still have the rest of the week together! We can have fun too."

He kissed me and smiled "Thanks for cheering me up."

I blushed a little and returned the kiss. "You're very welcome."

"Wanna see pictures from my travels?" He interrupted.

"....Sure!"

He pulled out from his luggage, hundreds of pictures that he had taken throughout the year.

"Here's me in Trottingham, Me in the Griffon Kingdom and ooh! There's me in..." He rambled on and on. I was so taken by the amazing places he'd been. I would love to see them.

"They look so amazing!"

"They're even better up close! One day, I'll take you to see them all!"

I smiled at the thought of traveling with Cheese. I could explore and be free with the pony I love the most.

I looked at the time.. I was nearly 3AM. I had been gone for about four hours and left Maud alone.

"Cheese! I have to get back home. My sister is staying over and I wouldn't want her to wake up without me there."

"You mean Maud?"

"How do you know-? Oh right."

"Yeah. I think we should talk about that."

"Can we leave that conversation until tomorrow? I'm sorry but I need to go."

"Of course. Good Night Pinkie."

"Night Cheese!" I gave him a quick kiss and headed back home. I ran up the stairs and prayed to Celestia that Maud was asleep.

And just my luck, Maud was awake and gave me a stern look.

"Hey Maud...How's the best sister in the entire world doing tonight?"

"Not too bad actually. How was your night with Cheese?"

I was a little stunned. She may have lacked a sense like mine but her intuition was something to be afraid of.

"You knew?"

"Of course Pinkie."

"I'm sorry I left."

"Its fine Pinkie. You deserve to be with him. It's been a while hasn't it?"

"Yeah... I'm glad he's back safe and sound."

"I am too."

"How long have you been up?"

"Ever since you left. I tucked all of my rocks in. Twice."

"Wow! I'm sorry. Again. I know how much you crave sleep."

"It's fine. A few hours of sleep won't hurt me. " She got back into the bed and relaxed.

"Now I am going to bed Pinkie. Make sure to do the same." Once again she immediately fell asleep, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I felt relieved to see Cheese and to know that he was okay. However, I'm going to need to get to the bottom of this mystery. I guess all of the answers will unfold tomorrow.

And with that, eyes felt heavy and I drifted off into a sweet and blissful rest.