• Published 28th Sep 2014
  • 1,168 Views, 55 Comments

Miss Ponyville - lyra_lover777



The most bloodthirsty, back stabbing, cheating, and lying filled event of the year is on. Welcome to the Miss Ponyville Pagent.

  • ...
4
 55
 1,168

Chapter 1: Hidden Talents

Silver Spoon sat on her bed, curled up in a ball, thinking. She had just gotten back from a playdate with Diamond Tiara at Sugarcube Corner. There Diamond had told her to lose the first round purposefully. Silver was deep in mental debate. On side of her, the crazy, non-thinking side, screeched to keep going, to dazzle them with her talent. But the other half, the nice, kind, calm, even a bit shy, side whispered to think carefully. After all, Diamond was her only friend and probably could get revenge easily with her stash of money.

But the whispers of her shy part of her mind were lost in the sea of screams of revenge and anger towards Diamond. Now, only hearing the hateful part, Silver decided to go on, try her hardest, to do her best.

She licked her lips and trotted out of her room and into the kitchen to retrieve her materials.

After gathering twenty glass glasses and filling them with various amounts of water, she sorted them so the most full was at one side and the emptiest was at the other. She then began to blow.

Doooooooooooo. Boooooooooo. Goooooooooooooo. Booooooooooooo!

The shrill yet elegant, melodic music filled the once quiet cottage as Silver moved her head side to side, speeding up her melodious music.

Boo Doo Loo Moo Roo Mooo DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The song echoed throughout the house, so loud birds outside fell from the sky from the shrill sound of the last note. But Silver either didn't notice or didn't care that she might have just lost her hearing as her head bobbed rhythmically over the glasses, a softer, faster melody pulsating throughout the air.

Silver played until her lips were raw. Soon she was forced to down several of the cups of water. She licked her lips after swallowing the last cup. Her stomach was full of water as she made her way into he room to play Minecraft, oblivious to the birds that were clutching their tiny ear drums from the loud yet gorgeous tone.

=====
Scootaloo and Sweetie were at the clubhouse. Apple Bloom was at the farm, working on props for her talent.

Scootaloo was dancing and prancing around outside on the grass in front of the clubhouse, her moves lighting speed as she flipped and kicked and vaulted around the ground.

Sweetie sat in the clubhouse, a soft melody escaping from her lips before she clutched the imaginary microphone tighter with her forelegs. A soft falsetto escaped from her lips, followed by a surge of low notes.

But when she tried to go up high, her voice cracked a bit. She could sing high softly, but an audience like the pageant's one wouldn't be able to hear it.

Sweetie Belle sighed, defeated. She tried a different song that didn't go as high, and soon wa smoving about the clubhouse avidly as she finished the song.

"OHHHHHohohooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhohooooooooooohhhhhhhh!" she sang before she collapsed, panting.

Singing was hard work.

===

"My talent at defeating Daleks? Dad, this is a pageant. In public."

"Ohhhhh. Well, how about your acrobatics?"

"Good idea. I'll go get a team."

Dinky trotted out of her house, her father watching from the door as she turned the street corner. Now where had she seen those sleazy dancers? Was it by The Stallions Only Bar?

===

Cotton Cloudy and Archer were practicing together.

Archer was shooting her bow at multiple targets of varying size and distance away from her.

She fitted a blue feathered arrow into her bow and pulled back with her teeth. She let go, watching the arrow cut through the air.

It hit its target, a small piece of cardboard, that was ten feet away from Archer.

Meanwhile Cotton Cloudy was twirling around long rainbow ribbons. She kept tripping over them and falling over, but she kept on practicing, hoping to get better.

===

Zipporwhil whistled, and her two puppies, both Yorkies, came to her hooves.

She then lead them through a series of hoops with different whistles. When they got through the course, she fed them smelly dog treats before trying to get them through a small plastic tunnel. Both refused.

"Come on, Paw and Print. We gotta do this!"

The pups still refused, and Zippor was forced to push them near it. Soon they got over their fear and ran through the tunnel, appearing at the other side.

Zippor fed them another treat each and then lead them to the sea saw.

Both pups took off into the brush.

Zippor rolled her eyes and then buzzed after them.

===

Diamond Tiara was dressed in her finest ballet dress and did a pirouette before landing gracefully on her hooves.

She danced around before falling to the floor, exhausted. One of her many butlers brought her a glass of ice water, which she sipped like a lady before throwing the remainder of it in the butler's face.

The now sopping butler left to dry off while DT pulled out her blueprint.

"First Target: Cotton Cloudy."

===

Twist sat in he room, muttering in her lisp as she finished her homework.

The second she finished she threw the pencil down and began to hum. She then pulled out a song she had written and began to sing, her lisp disappearing.

Over the misty isles, my song, echoes through the wind.

Along the shadowy moors, my voice rises abovvve.

Now you listen to this song.

Haunted by its souuuuuuuuound.

Over the misty iiiiiiiiiiiiii-lllllllll-sssssssssssssssessssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Over the shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-dooowwwwwwwwwww-yy moorrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssssssssss.

My song can be herrrrrrrr-rrrrrrrrrrrrd.

Over the isles and moors.

My song lives on.

She took a deep breath. Not her favorite creation, and it was still a work in progress. She pulled out another sheet, this one more pop than old folktaleish.

You think you can make fun of meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

La-la-la----little ole meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Well, you've thought wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrronngggggggggggggggg.

You think you bother ole meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

La-la-la--- little ole meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Now ya just talking to yourself.

Not to little ole meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Talking to yourself.

Thinking yourrrrrrrrrrrr

Above all else.

Wellllllllll I

Could.

Care less.

Aaaaaaaabout youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

La-la-la little ole meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Sc-sc-scared of Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!?

Never.

Ne-e-e-ever.

E-E-E-E-VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

The last, flowing note burst from her mouth, filling the house and beyond.

She collapsed on her bed, worn out.

========================

A shadowy figure stood in his room.

"Are you ready to RUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBLE?!"