• Published 28th Sep 2014
  • 1,168 Views, 55 Comments

Miss Ponyville - lyra_lover777



The most bloodthirsty, back stabbing, cheating, and lying filled event of the year is on. Welcome to the Miss Ponyville Pagent.

  • ...
4
 55
 1,168

Prologue: Sign Ups

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon trotted along the road. Up ahead the new crystal palace of friendship could be seen. A makeshift stage had started being set up next to it, and ponies were milling around, pushing and pulling crates or going over checklists. Shouts and catcalls echoed throughout the air as a portly stallion cantered by, pulling a giant cart full of garabage from the workers of the site.

Soon a small booth in one corner of the chaos caught the two fillies' eyes. A giant sign above the wooden stand said "Sign Ups."

Their parents had sent them off to sign up for the fist annual Miss Ponyville Pagent. It would consist of only fillies.

Diamond Tiara stuck her snout in the air, huffing as she approached the stand. Silver trotted behind her, trying to keep up with Diamond's brisk, lady-like trot.

Diamond looked back behind her to see Silver slouching while she trotted. Diamond glared at her, giving her an Evil Eye. Silver immediately perked up, her back straight and her snout in the air. But when DT turned back around, she slouched just a bit.

DT and SS reached the unstable looking booth. A teenage mare leaned against the side of it, blowing giant bubbles of gum from her red lipsticked lips before popping it, making a loud, wet sound.

The young mare popped her gum, her long, lean, snow-white legs moving her behind the counter of the booth.

"So whah can I doah for yah?" she said in a southern accent, popping her pastel gum once again.

"We would like to enter the pagent, Miss." Diamond said. She laid her filled out form along with Silver's. The young mare looked up at her expectantly, her ice blue eyes probing DT's soul. DT huffed, pulling out a hoof full of silver bits from her pink saddle bags and sliding them across the table.

The teen mare smiled a bit greedily and shoved the bits into a small cash register. She then shook her raven mane out, smiling at the two small fillies before leaning under the counter to grab some more gum.

As the pair trotted away, DT and Silver gave the booth one more glance.

Diamond huffed. "I'm lucky I won't have to grow up to be a douschbag like that mare. I'm not even sure if she was a mare." DT said as she straightened her tiara on her head.

"Don;t you agree?" she asked Silver.

"Uh-maybe?" Silver said. She had actually kind of liked the cashier.

"Maybe!? MAYBE?! She was a TOTAL loser, my friend. Tots loser."

Silver rolled her eyes, but when DT had been glaring at her for about a minute she finally gave in, nodding a barely noticeable nod as she pushed her teal glasses back up her muzzle.

"Thought so." DT said as she moved in front of Silver, prancing about the path as if she were hot stuff. Which, in Silver and all the colts in the school's opinion, was not the truth.

Silver just tried to keep up with her bully friend. Silver hated DT's guts, but their parents forced each other to be together all the time. . And to do everything together. EVERYTHING. Silver loved hoofball, but couldn't play because DT hated it. No matter what she liked it was always about DT. Always. Oh, Silver hates dress-up, Silver hates makeup. Well, to bad. DT does, so they have to do it. DT hates hoofball, DT hates video games. Oh well. Silver, your out of luck. As always.

Silver could see her home, right next to DT's. Of course, DT's was a million times bigger.

Silver quickly waved to DT before diving into her house, galloping into her room without even saying hello to her parents and older sister, Bronze Fork.

She slammed the door shut and proceeded to play Minecraft, a new game that was taking Equestria by storm. SS smiled as she began to build a diamond castle, and used gold blocks to make the words "No DT's allowed." appear on the side of the palace.

===

The CMC were just leaving the booth when Twist and Zipporwhil arrived. Scootaloo had refused to talk to them and had been forced to come to the sign ups. Basically Apple Bloom had dragged a kicking and screeching Scoots to the sign ups while Sweetie had filled out the forms, feigning Rainbow Dash's signature at the bottom of the form.

Now, Scoots got on her scooter, which Apple Bloom had also dragged, and buzzed away from her friends, anger coursing over her features.

Sweetie and Apple Bloom both rolled their eyes and hugged each other quickly before going their separate ways, Sweetie to Button Mash's house to play Minecraft and Apple Bloom to town to pick up some groceries for Granny Smith.

Zipporwhil and Twist had both been pretty good friends with the CMC until they both earned their cutie marks around the same time. The two nerdy, glasses wearing fillies had found each other, alone, at the playground while the other ponies played. They had quickly become the best of friends.

They confided in each other their deepest secrets, some good, some bad, and one amazing one on Twist's behalf. Now they did everything together, and they loved it.

Now, at the stand, they looked up at the dark maned mare, who now was popping a purple grape flavored gum. They turned in their filled forms of consent and Zipporwhil eagerly gave the mare a pile of silver bits, more than needed.

Her dad, Nightjar, had recently got a deal with Sapphire Records, and had become an instant celebrity. Millions of Equestrians had bought his records, and Zipporwhil had become instantly popular as well. To bad she had taken after her mother, having a talent of taking care of animals. Zipporwhil had never known who her mother was, and her father refused to talk about the topic.

Twist rummaged around in her saddle bags, pulling out a few golden bits and a mountain of dust bunnies and shards of candy canes.

She set the pile on the counter. The teen mare carefully picked through the sticky bits of candy and dust to grab the bits. She counted them quickly and quietly.

"Yar two bits short there, little missy," she said, pointing to the pile of golden bits.

Twist fruitlessly searched her saddle bags for more coins to no avail. She was about to walk away, defeated, when Zipporwhil flipped two golden bits onto the counter, along with a pack of strawberry gum.

Twist and the mare smiled up at Zipporwhil. Twist gave her friend a tight hug before letting go.

"Thanks for tha gum, little missy," the mare said, brushing her dark mane out of her icy blue eyes. She shook Zipporwhil's hoof.

"The name's Penny Pocket. Ya seem a mite familiar. You ain't the famous Nightjar's little filly, are ya now?"

All Zipporwhil did was nod before trotting away. She expected the mare to get to her knees and beg Zipporwhil to give her an autograph of her father's, but Penny Pocket just stayed behind her stand, spitting out her grape gum and smashing a piece of strawberry gum into her waiting maw.

===

Dinky Doo trotted alone down the path. Archer and Cotton Cloudy, her two friends, had already signed up long ago. Dinky had had to deal with some family matters, concerning a broken blue telephone box and a sonic screwdriver.

Dinky Doo reached the stand just in time. Penny Pocket had just begun to take the stand down, the top sign clutched in her mouth as she began to carry it towards the castle of friendship.

"Hey, miss!" Dinky called out, getting Penny's attention. Penny spit out the sign and slowly trotted over to Dinky, throwing a piece of strawberry gum into her mouth.

"What can I doh fah yah, little one?" Penny asked.

"Is it to late to sign up for the Miss Ponyville Pagent?"

"I'm afraid so, little missy."

"I'll give you a sonic screwdriver."

"Deal."

===

Diamond Tiara sat on her bed, looking down at a giant sheet of light blue paper. At the top it said "How to Win The Pagent." Several pictures of fillies being smashed under things and breaking body parts covered the paper.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun."

Author's Note:

Please vote below for the first Miss Ponyville! You each have three votes. You could give one filly them all, or split them between two or three fillies.
The contestants are:
1.Diamond Tiara
2. Scootaloo
3. Dinky Doo
4.Sweetie Belle
5. Silver Spoon
6. Twist
7. Apple Bloom
8. Archer
9. Zipporwhil
10. Cotton Cloudy
I myself will have six votes. (And no, I'm not using them all on one filly.)
The voting will end in five days, on 10/3/14 at around three thirty or later.