• Published 28th Sep 2014
  • 2,220 Views, 127 Comments

The Prank - Pickleless

  • ...
22
 127
 2,220

The Gift. (Kudzuhaiku)

“I have some reservations,” Stupid mentioned as he watched Berry Punch and Bon Bon working in the kitchen.

“You love Twilight, right? And her birthday is coming up. I know you want to prank her,” Bucky said in a reassuring voice.

“Well, maybe. The last prank went over like a lead balloon,” Stupid remarked.

“Being forced to scrub Ponyville with a toothbrush and no magic was kind of cruel, but the punishment did fit the crime,” Bucky quipped.

“But we had to hold the toothbrush in our teeth,” Stupid protested.

“Wasn’t nearly as bad as having to spend a whole day as a statue. My snoot itched,” Bucky grumbled.

“Don’t remind me,” Stupid muttered. “Why do we do what we do for love?”

“So we can get drunk. And screw.”

“Oh… yeah… right,” Stupid agreed.

“You’re not actually going to bake me inside of the cake, are you?” Stupid inquired.

“Oh stars no! That would stink up the house! It would smell like a roach got trapped in the oven again,” Bucky groused.

“Whew!” Stupid sighed, overcome with relief.

“Try not to eat too much of the cake when you are inside,” Bon Bon requested.

“With Bucky’s magic, the cake will be both solid and edible. A real cake for you to jump out of and surprise Twilight. A normal cake would just collapse if it was hollow inside,” Berry said as she operated the mixer.

“So all I need to do is hide inside of the cake, wait for Twilight to come near, listen for the signal, and then jump out and scare, er, surprise her affectionately?” Stupid Doll inquired, summarising the situation.

“Yes,” Bucky answered. “Easy peasy.”

Stupid’s eyes narrowed. “This seems too easy. I mean, this is so simple. There is nothing that could possibly go wrong. Why can’t any of my plans be this direct and straightforward?”

Shrugging, Bucky said nothing.

“This is going to be even better than the time we placed out of order signs on all the public restrooms and then spiked the punch at the mayor’s birthday with diuretics from Zecora,” Stupid stated, remembering the prank fondly.

“Good times, good times,” Bucky sighed, smiling broadly and revealing his fangs.

“If Derpy hears us we’re all dead, shut up you brain dead morons!” Berry demanded.

“She drank too much punch. She wasn’t trying to insult all those ponies she flew over trying to escape the building,” Bucky said in Derpy’s defense.

“We all know how pegasi feel about pissing on others,” Bon Bon chided.

“Almost ready to pour into the custom pans and bake in the oven,” Berry announced.

“And then we just have to assemble the cake and deliver it with Stupid sealed inside of it to Twilight Sparkle’s birthday party,” Bon Bon said, a manic grin spreading over her muzzle.

“How old is your cousin now, anyway?” Berry asked.

“Twilight is now twenty one years of age with fourteen years of experience,” Bucky said in a low careful voice. “I still remember the “Oh Hey- Sure Happy I’m Thirty party. When she saw what the letters actually spelled on her cake…”

“Who knew she had the Royal Canterlot Voice in her?” Bon Bon said. “I was deaf for days.”

“We all were,” Stupid stated.


“SURPRISE!”

Princess Twilight Sparkle gasped at the lights came on and she saw the room was full of ponies that she loved. There was an enormous cake. There was a massive stack of presents in the corner, most of which were book sizes.

“Oh my gosh,” Twilight gushed. “The cake is the most magnificent thing I’ve ever seen!”

“Sure is,” Princess Celestia agreed. Saying nothing else, she trotted to the cake, snatched up the carving knife, and immediately slashed it into the cake to carve herself off an enormous Celestia sized slice.

There was a muffled scream from within the cake, and then a moment later…

“Error Code 424!”

Author's Note:

"This is for pulling The Prank."
-Kudzuhaiku

Guess what maybe became a thing.
Maybe.
Both of us might add chapters in the future. I'll add the author who did what chapter in the title.
Thanks Kudzu, this was cute.