• Published 29th Sep 2014
  • 1,194 Views, 31 Comments

Showdown! Mazinger Trixie vs Getter Dash - Magenta Cat



Trixie and Rainbow Dash will have a duel as Equestra has never seen before... With Super Robots. Who will win? the Z Alloy Titan or the Getter Powered Beast?

  • ...
10
 31
 1,194

Let them fight!

"Trixie will finish this in one hit." The azure unicorn declared. "Eat this!" The Great Mazinger raised it right fist and contracted to prepare a punch. "ATOMIC PUNCH!" The Mazinger extended its fist forward, but instead of stopping at its maximum length, the forearm detached from the rest of the arm and flew at top speed, spinning towards the Getter.

"It seems that Trixie wants to open with the gloves off." Luna's voice commented on the attack.

"Or should we say, the whole arm off?" Pinkie joked.

Rainbow Dash shouted. "MACH WING!" Lifting the Getter to avoid the projectile. Up in the air, Trixie was waiting for it and, once the right arm came back, used both fists to smack Rainbow's robot over the head. The red mecha felt fast, but Trixie added.

"NAVAL MISSILE!" A missile flew from the robot's mid-section. The Getter Dragon finally hit the floor and bounced right at the same time that the projectile was about to hit it.

"OPEN GET!" Dash separated the robot into the three jets just in time. "She's moving too fast. Rarity!"

"Got it." The white unicorn responded. "Change Liger!" Taking the lead. "Switch on!" The thin blue robot flew around the Mazinger at super-sonic speeds, confounding Trixie who tried to reach it with any weapon at hand but missing every shot.

"And the G-Team is taking advantage of superior speed and variability." Luna was excited about the fight. "And forces the Great Mazinger to shoot everywhere in hopes to catch it."

"BREAST BURN!" The heat wave coming from the black and white robot's breastplate followed the Getter Liger.

"Chain attack!" The left arm of the Liger shot its fist tied to a chain linked to the robot. The chain wrapped the Mazinger's neck and Rarity used the opening to drag it to the ground. With a loud thump, Trixie's robot hit the floor, head first, shaking badly the cockpit and leaving the Mazinger limp in the ground to Rarity's mercy. "Drill arm." She said calmly as the drill in the Getter's arm started to spin.

"MAZIN BLADE!" From the Mazinger's leg, a blade jumped to its arm and Trixie used it to counter the drill coming at her. "ATOMIC PUNCH!" Trixie fired the other arm at the Getter's head, forcing Rarity to retreat. She used the time out to stand again on the Mazinger's feet "BREAST BURN!"

"Open get!" Although the jets managed to get out of the heat wave's path, nopony saw where they went.

"Trixie manages to turns the tables and forces the Getter to retreat and hide!" The amazement in Luna's voice was backed by the crowd going 'oh' and 'ah' all over the place.

"Getter cyclone!" Applejack called from behind Trixie. The Getter Poseidon necklace opened to release its main turbine and create a storm powerful enough to lift the Mazinger and send it to fly. Trixie tried to regain control but she was spinning so quick that it was hard to even reach for the controls. Almost.

"GREAT TYPHOON!" A similar storm came from the Great Mazinger's mouth. Trixie's own wind weapon countered Applejack's and both canceled each other. Now with the weather around back to calm, both mares looked at each other, waiting for the other to make the first move. Although both managed to stay calm, product of their time at the war, both were also impatient ponies. Both surprised themselves charging at the other.

The Great Mazinger and the Getter Poseidon collided. Their hands enclosed against each other, struggling for each meter to dominate the other. Suddenly, as if oblivious to the battle of wills, Trixie spoke.

"You know the proud and fair Trixie is putting honor before reason here, right?"

"What?" Applejack almost released the controls out of surprise at the calm voice coming from the mare that has been shouting each attack so far. "What are ya talking 'bout?" She asked cautiously of not losing her grip on the console.

"Well, Trixie knows the Poseidon's specs and weapons. We have both around the same strength here but you don't have anything to tip the scales in your favor." The magician stated as matter of fact. "The able and quick Trixie just proved the getter cyclone to be useless against the Great Typhoon and if she wanted to, our little struggle could end by her voice calling for a Breast Burn or a Naval Missile to shot point blank at you. But Trixie is not doing such thing, because that would severely damage the Getter, impeding Trixie to prove her Greatness and Power over Rainbow Dash and her Getter Dragon."

"You don't mean you have been holding back while fighting me too?" Rarity asked through the communicator.

"If Trixie wanted to, Great Mazinger's Great Typhoon could have caught the Liger. And now Trixie has the upper hand against the Poseidon." Her tone was so full of itself that it composed a physical paradox.

"Oh yeah, what 'bout this? Caterpillar on!" The lower part of the Getter Poseidon's legs retracted and became a couple of armored tracks. This rendered Applejack's mecha shorter, taking Trixie for surprise and ruining her balance. "Now take this. DAISETSUZAN OROSHI!" Using the Mazinger's weight, the Poseidon balanced it above its head and threw it various meters in the air.

"Applejack uses her family's signature move, the Daitsetsuzan Orochi. It was created by Black Smith Apple to defend her apples from timberwolves during the foundation days." Luna exposed for the audience.

"You should see what's coming next." Pinkie warned. "Applejack never uses the dee-o without the s--"

"STRONG MISSILES!" Applejack shot the twin missiles mounted in her robot's back at Trixie. The explosion raised enough dust to cover both of them. No taking any chances, the farm pony readied the aim to shot again at any moment.

"Wait!" Rainbow Dash called.

"She's right." The dust dissipated and revealed the Great Mazinger standing with its arms folded over its chest, imitating the Getter Dragon's signature pose. "I should be fighting her, not you."

"Are ya nuts?!" Applejack asked without taking her gaze from Trixie who wasn't moving her robot at all.

"Darling, you can't be possibly serious. Listen--"

"Not, you listen. I am the one who agreed to this, and dragged you two." There was some regret in her tone. "This is my fight. I thank you girls for always standing up with me. But this is something I need to prove by myself."

"Are you sure darling?" There was an awkward pause when nopony said or did anything.

"Yeah." Rainbow softly broke the silence. "Also, you really think that it takes the three of us to fight her?" In a more secure voice.

"Whatever rolls yer boat." The earth mare shrugged. "Open Get!"

"CHANGE!" The three getter machines aligned. "GETTER DRAGON!" Applejack formed the legs and Rarity the torso and arms. "SWITCH ON!" With a final howl, Rainbow Dash landed her jet at the top of the formation. It formed a head as its eyes glowed yellow. "Alright you, here I am. No more Applejack or Rarity. Only you, me, the Mazinger and the Getter."

"The patient and serene Trixie is glad you finally understood." In her cockpit, Trixie grinned, the same did Rainbow Dash inside hers. Since the end of the war, both of them lost something. The thrill of fighting with all of their hearts, to use every piece of their minds focused in one target. To feel the emotion of victory.

They were about to feel that for one last time.

"TRIXIE'S MAZINGER BLADES!" From the Great Mazinger's legs jumped two gladius that Trixie caught in the air.

"DOUBLE GETTER TOMAHAWK!" In a similar way, the Getter Dragon drew two battle axes from its shoulders and connected them in a single weapon.

"Princess's rules?" Asked Trixie.

"Screw your rules. You made me do this alone so I WILL TEAR YOU APART FOR THAT!" Rainbow could feel how the getter rays were responding to her emotions. "MACH WING!" The Getter Dragon flew again.

"That's what I wanted, SCRANDER DASH!" Trixie was having that same feeling. She thanked for it and joined her friend in the skies above.

Both giants of metal collided like ancient gods from the forgotten past. Every sound was a thunder, every blow was seismic. This fight wasn't for the fate of the world or to save countless innocents but the two of them fought as it was. To prove themselves. Although their pilots were different in many ways, there was one thing for them in common. Never give up, always advance and adobe all, be the best you can be.

"By the stars." The night alicorn was looking at the fight and narrating the best she could to the audience. "In all my years, I never saw such determination in two single ponies." Meanwhile, Pinkie could only add.

"I love this sooooong."

In the middle of the crowd, everypony was cheering for their favorite. Some of them where saved by one of the pilots, others just liked the ponies inside the mechas and of course, some where cheering for the mecha they found more interesting. Still, there was one single pony that was no cheering at all; she didn't understood why was this happening. Twilight Sparkle just sat motionless there, watching how one of her best friends and her secret love were threatening to tear each otter apart. She simply sighed as thinking. 'If you weren't that cute.'

At some point during that narration, both robots lost their weapons and were now fighting with their bare fists and legs. The air was being cut by the breakneck speed of their attacks. No more gods but now the titans from before the gods, two very forces of nature struggling for conquering the other. Eventually one of them missed a step and the other took the advantage, delivering a devastating blow. At first, the ponies in the crowd couldn't tell, but as the falling mecha was getting closer, its black and white figure made itself recognizable for all of them to watch.

"TRIXIE!" Twilight lost her composure as she watched in horror how the Great Mazinger made a crater in the ground. Flying behind her, Rainbow Dash aimed the Getter's head in the fallen robot's direction.

"Sorry Trix, but there's room for only one pony at the top." Rainbow apologized. "And that's MY spot." Unlocking a secured button in her console and hitting it with her fist. "GETTER BEAM!" From the gem in the Getter Dragon's forehead, came a pinkish ray of light. At first it was very thin, barely visible from the distance. "AAAAAHHHHH!" Dash shouted, concentrating all her will and forcing it in the machine. The beam of light grew and became a hurricane of energy that hit the Great Mazinger and caused an explosion strong enough to bury the mecha under the ground.

With the attack finished, the Getter Dragon descended victorious, both arms folded over its chest. The ponies rotting for Rainbow during the fight were euphoric and the ones cheering for the Mazinger stared in awe how the mechanic god devil wasn't even moving, half buried in stones and dirt.

Twilight Sparkle on her part was death worried. "No." Although she knew that the Great Mazinger could stand against all that punishment, but Trixie? Even if safe inside her cockpit, her soul must be broken now. Alone and defeated, lying in the dirt. "Please be okay." She crossed her fingers in a prayer. "Please don't be hurt." Trixie may seem like not giving a care some times, but Twilight knew how sensible the azure pony about being defeated was. "TRIXIEEEEEEE!" She cried one last time.

"GREAT TYPHOON!"

Rainbow only managed to turn around before the eponymous typhoon covered her, making everything blurry. When the winds ceased, there was something in front of the Getter Dragon. Something with the power of becoming a god to save the world, or the demon to destroy it. Yellow glowing eyes of doom were gazing at Dash.

"You really though that a mere nuclear inferno would be enough against the Great Mazinger?" The aforementioned mecha raised a blue hand towards Rainbow. "Heard this, rider of the dragon. I am the Great and Powerful Trixie and I will stand FOREVER!" Finally forgetting the etiquette, a purple mare cheered as loud as she could from the audience.

"That's not possible." Said Rainbow Dash, surprised and, admittedly glad, that the fight was still going. "How can you stand after receiving a full force Getter Beam?" Half angry, half smiling. “I am the stronger one! I'm the one who have friends with her! DOUBLE TOMAHAWK!" The double headed axes ready in its right hand. "BOOMERANG!" Rainbow shouted as sending the spinning weapon towards Trixie.

She raised the Mazinger's arm and caught the tomahawk in midflight. "You still don't get it, don't you?" Tossing the weapon aside. "You may be right, and the Getters have more power than the Mazinger." With a soft voice. "And to be honest, the humble and conscious Trixie admits that having friend like yours make you stronger, on your own and with them." Looking down at her controls. "Trixie wish to someday find that friendship too." She swallowed. "BUT!" Her eyes glowed and her blood boiled.

"You don't win only because you're stronger or good ponies stand with you." The Great Mazinger put a hand over its chest plate. "Are those who never give up the ones that eventually win. If one of us shall stand and the other shall fall then, as long as the indomitable Trixie doesn't falls, I WILL STAND!" With a swift move, she took the plate and threw it at Rainbow Dash. "GREAT BOOMERANG!" The red 'V' plate was even faster than the tomahawk. Rainbow barely managed to get out of the way.

"Ha! You missed!"

"GREAT TYPHOON!" This time she don't even moved as the gale winds missed too.

"Wow." Said Rainbow in a mockery tone. "Stand all you want but if you can't aim--" *CLANK!* The boomerang hit the Getter Dragon square in the back, taking it down.

"Trixie give us a perfect display of strategy and adaptation." Luna praised in the narration. "For those who didn't get it, she missed the boomerang on purpose and used the typhoon to change its trajectory and give it enough momentum to damage the Getter's flying."

"Yay physics!" Cheered Pinkie Pie.

"Now, for my next trick." The Great Mazinger raised its fist, blades coming from it sides. "DRILL PRESSURE PUNCH!" The rocketed punch, empowered by the blades was impossible to track before it hit the Dragon and send it back, falling against the ground. The punch then went back to a triumphant Mazinger.

"Trixe stands, you fall." The breast plate started to glow incandescent. "BREAST BURN!" This time, it wasn't a concentrated light. Instead, the full force of what could have been a volcano came from the Mazinger and melted the rock around the Getter, overheating the red mecha too.

"Girls!" Rainbow called as the Dragon was immobilized by the attack. "Remember that about doing this alone? Forget it. OPEN GET!" Although the controls weren't responding by the heat, the ejection system was enough to get the jets out of the heat wave and fly high in the sky.

"Finally." Deadpanned Rarity from her cockpit. "CHANGE LIGER! SWITCH ON!" Although it was interesting seeing the fight from the screen, she was waiting for this. "SPEED ATTACK!" The Getter Liger pushed the Mazinger high and fast in the air. "OPEN GET!" The Getter separated again.

"CHANGE POSEIDON! SWITCH ON!" Applejack followed, forming the Poseidon in midair... "FINGER NET!" Shooting a net from her mecha's hands and entrapping Trixie. "SHIN DAISETSUZAN OROSHI!" She flipped the mecha inside her nets around and tossed it again the ground again. "OPEN GET!"

"CHAAAAANGE GETTEEEEER DRAGOOOOON!" The red mecha posed triumphant, preparing to deliver devastation over its opponent. The Great Mazinger took fly too and both mechas were now one in front of the other.

"Good fight Trix." Rainbow smirked. "It was a good one for the Getter's last ride."

"Trixie agrees. It was good to vent her Great Mazinger before sealing it forever." Both ponies, so different yet so similar, nodded in respect towards the other. The same did the robots. "But as everything must come to an end, the Great and Powerful Trixie must finish you." Thunder roared and lightning felt around them. The Mazinger's horns caught the electricity as sparks surrounded the mecha. "THUNDEEERRR!"

"Oh no, you won't." Rainbow replied, wide smiling, as the Getter Dragon charged all its energy, forming a white aura of pure power. "SHIIINNNE!"

Both robots were charging their ultimate weapons. Attacks designed to obliterate anything in the receiving end.

"BREAK!" The Mazinger pointed at the Getter with a finger, sending a volt of pure electricity.

"SPARK!" The Getter responded by launching the white aura of energy at the Mazinger.

Both attacks collided right in the middle, creating an explosion so strong that its shine blinded eveypony present.

"And the Thunder Break clashes with the Shine Spark." Luna said in amazement. "It's a good thing that we sealed the place with every force field we could think of." But the deafening roar of the explosion was too much for anypony to hear her lampshade hanging.

It was a solid minute before the light dissipated. The first thing the ponies saw was a destroyed landscape. Melted rock instead of ground and only ashes flying around. Only one silhouette was visible in the horizon. Two giants of metal, holding and supporting each other were standing together, slowly walking to the audience. When they saw that the two were standing together, the place exploded again. This time for cheering, praises for the two pilots and the two robots that saved the world so many times. Now together.

"THEY ARE THE GREATEST, THE STRONGEST PONIES, THOU HAVE GAZED FOR THE LEGEND WITH YOUR OWN EYES!" Luna forgot any kind of self-restraining and her voice thundered over the cheers.

"YAY, NOW WE CAN ALL HAVE A GRAND FINALE PARTY!" Somehow (don't ask) Pinkie managed to imitate Luna and use the Traditional Canterlot Voice too.

When they were finally near, the four pilots jumped from their machines to be received by friends and family. The bigger part of the group was there for the G-Team, greeting and congratulating Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack for the good fight. Although there were a good amount of fans and admirers around her, Trixie couldn't help but feel alone at the top. No pony was really that close to her. Or so she was thinking when a purple mare jumped at her arms and kissed her with all the love in the world. Trixie's mind stopped for a moment before returning the kiss with a passion bigger than she just showed in the battle. 'Wow' She thought. 'Love IS stronger.'

"So, how does my warrior feels right now?" Asked Twilight after breaking the kiss.

"The loving and loved Trixie doesn't care for the fight anymore. I already won." Hugging the pony whose attention she was trying to draw since day one.

"Good you don't care anymore, because it seems that the Princess is ready to deliver a verdict." At hearing this, both Rainbow Dash and Trixie Lulamoon tossed their loved ones and had a small race to be the first in front of Princess Celestia.

"Dear ponies, I have come to a conclusion and I, by the power invested in me by your trust, will call for a conclusion on this clash of titans." Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack were standing together as Twilight managed to catch up with Trixie, who hugged and kissed her in the cheek.

"The winner of the Best Mecha Pilot is..." Everypony held their breath. "Nobody. They both got disqualified when using a Theme Music Power Up and then again when making a Finishing Move."

Nopony knew how to answer.

Author's Note:

Okay, this time I got a better excuse for the delay. The thing is that I wrote this in a mental state of pure hotblood, and to keep that I had to rewatch Mazinkaiser, Getter Robo Armageddon, and Gao Gai Gar repeatedly To get in the right mindset.

Comment!

Comments ( 26 )

Disclaimer: Sorry for the late response guys, I wanted to publish the second part before answering the comments.
Warning: Wave Blaster started to re-watch Gao Gai Gar. The following comment is a constant fanboyism.

5072449
:trollestia:<No MUSIC!) That's Trollestia for you.
The very essence of the fan fiction is to drive a story to where no canon would go. Turning MLP into a comic book, an anime, a game, a drama or a cosmic horror is what we do. I respect those authors who stick to canon and original flavor, but even Getting Back on Your Hooves had scenes that we would never see in the series and that's what made the story a reference for Trixie fans (I include myself).

And this, this is not my magnun opus (apparently that's Stay), but I will drive this fic to places that no author have been before. With this fic, I WILL PIERCE THE CANON AND TURN IT INTO AN EXPLOSION! THIS IS THE FANFIC THAT WILL PUNCH LOGIC!
IN! THE!! FACE!!!

P.S: Last time I watch Mazinkaiser while hearing the whole JAM Project collection. And Trixie's curves were... interesting to write. That happens when I channel Go Nagai's style instead of Frank Miller.

5072634
In this story, Trixie and Rainbow represent the two more commons characters in a mecha sreies; Trixie is the boastful badass that, when not being a walking fan service fuel, goes all hammy about not surrendering/going to win, and pilots an impossibly strong robot.
Rainbow Dash is more the hotblood hero, all her character is about getting into fights head first, but her robot needs more thinking to be effective (hence why Applejack and Rarity are present).

The anthro comes from the following reasons:
a) Fridge Logic: Why would the equine ponies build humanoid mechas? How in hell do they drive the absurdly complex controls of a classic super-robot with hooves?
b) THAT scene: That one is only an homage to Go Nagai's style, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
c) Rule of three.

Sorry but, I barely remember watching Kamen Rider in my childhood. I'm more a Power Ranger's guy.

5072961
Goggle Translate, I love it and I hate it at the same time.
Now imagine a referee Celestia between two giant robots.

So hotblooded.

Celestia.......what's with you and the Theme songs !:flutterrage:

i don't care what she say , Trixie won
and the song was good

ATOMIC PUNCH!" The Mazinger extended its fist forward, but instead of stopping at its maximum length, the forearm detached from the rest of the arm and flew at top speed, spinning towards the Getter.

as a kid....there was two thing i always wanted , a Lightsaber....and the ability to use a Rocket or Atomic punch

5104859
Well, it was more a genre savvy decision.
The use of a theme music power up is basically calling for the big guns. The same for the finisher move. Those rules are Celestia's way of keeping things low and avoid putting them in danger.
Of course, both ignored it and you saw what happened.

The rocket punch is THE first robot attack. Of course the wight would open with it.

5104902 anyway it was a nice chapter :twilightsmile:
good job

"Good you don't care anymore, because it seems that the Princess is ready to deliver a verdict." At hearing this, both Rainbow Dash and Trixie Lulamoon tossed their loved ones and had a small race to be the first in front of Princess Celestia.
"Dear ponies, I have come to a conclusion and I, by the power invested in me by your trust, will call for a conclusion on this clash of titans." Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack were standing together as Twilight managed to catch up with Trixie, who hugged and kissed her in the cheek.
"The winner of the Best Mecha Pilot is..." Everypony held their breath. "Nobody. They both got disqualified when using a Theme Music Power Up and then again when making a Finishing Move."
Nopony knew how to answer.

Dun, duun, Duuuuuuuunnn!
:trollestia:

6167966
Glad you liked it, mate, thanks for the fav.

5095969 About that punching logic in the face..... it's still logical.

6651068
I'n its own insane sense.

As a whole, a good fic and very good homage/tribute to the Super Robot genre. Hot-blooded mecha pilots engaged in their final semi-friendly competition. Too bad they couldn't stay in the rules, but at least both mechs got to retire with a bang. I'm very curious about the overall backstory of world, though.

It has just enough Meta humor to be have a positive influence without drawing away too much attention. Admittedly, after the first paragraph, I was dreading that you would keep piling on Gurren Lagann references, but thankfully there was a good bit from everything and had a classic-style feel.

Overall, I'm glad I read it. My only complaint was there wasn't a Gunbuster reference I could pick out (although I might have missed it). Thus, I couldn't really find any really specific flaw to point out.

For curiosity's sake, did they ever pull off any version of the Final Dynamic Special during any part of the war?

6722391
Well, for me, this story was a love paragraph to the genre, while my other fic, Ponies and Robots Wars, was supposed to be the full letter. Sadly, I've had all the problems in the book when it comes to shaping it, so when it comes to backstory, all I have to offer is the sketchbook chapter, here:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/202412/1/ponies-and-robots-wars/the-sketchbook-warning-it-may-contain-spoilers

Now, I was still trying to get my hands over a copy of Gunbuster (or a working link) by the time I wrote this. I would have gone for the "guts and hard work" part in Trixie's speech, but I think that the "never surrender" one from Gaiking worked too.

Thank you very much for reading. I'm currently working on a new version of Ponies and Robots Wars, so I'll make sure to contact you when it's online.

6722402
Well, in my original sketch, there was a scene where the Getter Team and Pinkie in the Shin Mazinger where fighting Tripticon (from Transformers), alongside Trixie, who was still refusing to work with a team. At that point of the fic, Twilight's first mecha (White Tigerzord) was destroyed, so it comes as a big damn heroes when she appears in the air, piloting the Grendizer. Then, a new version of the Final Dynamic Special:
Getter G opens with the Change Attack.
The Mazingers+Grendizer with a six shots barrage of rocket punches.
Great Mazinger and the Grendizer hit with a double Space Thunder Break.
It ends with Getter Dragon riding the Big Bang Punch, while charging the Shine Spark, which goes off at the same time the Punch hits.

AWESOME! I love Super Robots and now I wish for a prequel story detailing the adventures of the Super Robot Squadron(in this same format, of course). :pinkiehappy:
Please make one, Wave.

8359644
Not gonna lie, I do want to make that story. It's been a project since I joined the site. I tried once sketching it (https://www.fimfiction.net/story/202412/1/ponies-and-robots-wars/the-sketchbook-warning-it-may-contain-spoilers), but then it went nowhere. Then I asked for help and restarted the whole thing as a group project (). But a personal tragedy prevented me from really working into that, so it also crashed against the wall.

But yes, there's a current "take 3" going on. Nothing solid enough to cal it a project. Sorry for that and glad you enjoyed this.

8360464
Dude, have you seen the latest Mazinger Z movie trailer?

8399020
Just saw it, thank you very much.

I guess it's listening the entire JAM Project discography for me this week.

8399302
Nice, when the new cover of the original theme played, I sang along!

8400390
Sorani sobieru,
kurogane no shiro...

8401591
Suupaa Roboto,
Majinga Zetto!

8403459
Oh God, I can't wait for this movie.
I'm so excited, even more so than Avengers Infinity War!

8421679
Ah, yes. The figures would be smaller or bigger than each other off they were accurately scaled. I try to find good Super Robot figures that scaled just right to each other myself.

Login or register to comment