• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 14,631 Views, 1,139 Comments

To Protect And Serve - Onomonopia

  • ...
54
 1,139
 14,631

Commanding Officer

"By order of the Princess, you are under arrest!"

Robocop scanned the armored ponies before him with both caution and interest. They were armed with only spears, weapons that wouldn't even scratch his armor, although a few of them had horns, and that meant the energy. His scanners also revealed that their armor wasn't only outdated, but that he wouldn't need his firearm to dispose of them. But that was only if he needed to dispose of them.

"Stand down and surrender or there will be consequences!" one of the guards with a red plume ordered, pointing his spear at Robocop's chest.

"On what charge?"

The ponies seemed stunned, not only by the fact that Robocop could speak, but also by the words that he chose to speak. They shook their heads and took up a battle stance again, not answering his question.

"On what charge are you arresting me? What crimes am I accused of?"

The guards looked at each other again, before the red plumed one stepped forward and answered,

"On what charge? You're a monster!" the guard yelled.

"So, you are trying to arrest me based on my appearance, not on the knowledge or suspicion that I have committed a crime?" Robocop asked them with a slightly angry tone. "That is racial profiling. You are only arresting me based on my appearance. That is against the law."

"And you think anypony will care what you think? We're the guards here and WE enforce the law, anyway we see fit. And I think we'll get nice bonuses for catching a creature such as yourself," the guard with the red plume smirked at Robocop, before letting out a whinny as he charged the robotic officer. Robocop allowed the guard to slam into his armored frame, causing the guard to break his leg against the unyielding metal. As he fell to the ground in pain, Robocop reached down and picked him up by another leg.

'Directive: Uphold the law,' appeared on Robocop's visor.

"Then you are a corrupt officer," Robocop said to the guard with the red plume. "And as an officer of the law, it is my duty to turn you in and see that you answer for your corruption. You are coming with me..." Robocop had just turned to leave when a blast of energy caught him in the leg, halting his movement temporarily. To his surprise, the pony within his clutches was surrounded by the same energy and was lifted back over to his comrades, all of whom glared at the officer as they prepared to attack.

Robocop turned his gaze to all twelve of them, now classifying them as criminals who needed to be brought down. "If you continue this action, you will all be accused of aiding a felon. Stand down now or there will be trouble."

The guards looked at each other a moment, and then responded by roaring and charging him. The biggest one covered the ground between them in seconds and drove his spear into Robocop's gut. To the shock of the pony, the spear splintered against the officer's abdomen, giving Robocop the chance to drive his fist into the pony's face and send him sprawling.

"This is your last warning," Robocop said to the ponies, but his words fell on deaf ears as the guards all rushed him at once. Despite having strength far greater than any man, Robocop still struggled to keep the sheer volume of armored horses from overwhelming him. He drove one of his feet into the chest of one guard and shattered his sternum, but another guard tackled his leg and forced it down. Robocop then grabbed one pony by the face and slammed him into the ground before using his body to knock another guard off of him.

"Hold it down! Don't let it escape!" one of the guards shouted.

Robocop had no intention of being held down, however, and with a surge of strength from his metal form, he hurled all of the guards off of him, which allowed him to stand back up straight as he moved his fingers.

"My turn."

A guard with wings attacked Robocop from the air, but Robocop's targeting computer allowed him to not only avoid the attack, but to also punch the Pegasus right out of the sky and out of the fight. The guards hadn't learned their lesson yet and a number of them charged him all at once. Robocop took the first down with a 'clothesline' that flipped the pony completely, while a knee to the face broke and bloodied another one. The last one jumped onto Robocop's back and tried to choke him out, but all that did was give Robocop ample time to reach back and grab hold of the pony.

"Failure to uphold the law. Failure to do your sworn duty. Assaulting an innocent. Assaulting an officer of the law," Robocop began as he flipped the pony off of his back and drove him into the concrete beneath his feet. The remaining five guards all glared at his emotionless face, none of them knowing that their moves and words were being watched and recorded for use against them in court. "I would recommend that you all surrender, or this will get ugly."

"Alright team, contain and destroy!" one of them yelled, the other four nodding as they surrounded Robocop on all sides. Robocop noticed that all of them were unicorns and that their horns were glowing, meaning they would use their energy again. He reached down to draw his firearm as they used that energy to create a shield around Robocop, sealing him within a dome of multicolored light with the ponies.

'Energy in field does not match any known energy in databanks.' Robocop did not like the sound of that. He knew that alone or in bursts, the energy could not harm him, but if they all attacked together he would run the risk of being made inoperable. He needed to figure a way out of his predicament.

He whipped out his firearm and aimed it at one of the unicorn's horns, firing a three-round burst at the horn. The bullets tore through the horn, causing the pony to scream as the energy dispersed from him while his horn fell to the ground. Seeing that without his horn he could no longer use magic, Robocop turned and shot the horns off two more guards, causing their sections of the barrier to fall as well.

The last guard was smarter than the others and he changed the barrier so that it covered him instead of Robocop. When Robocop fired upon him, he found to his shock that his bullets that could punch through armor simply cracked the barrier of light. Not daunting Robocop at all, he began to march towards the two remaining guards, taking aim with his firearm.

"You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to an attorney. Anything you say can and will be used against you." The guard with the horn let out a yell as he fired a beam of energy into Robocop's chest, but just like before, the attack barely slowed him down, not even leaving a scratch on his armor. Robocop slammed his pistol butt into the horned pony's skull, dropping him to the ground before pointing his gun at the remaining pony's face. "Thank you for cooperating."

"ENOUGH!"

Robocop turned as he heard a female roar that shook even his frame, looking into the sky to find the source of the voice. He saw a purple pony with both wings and a horn land across the street from him, rage in her eyes as she glared at the robotic officer. But the moment she laid eyes on him, the rage vanished for a moment and was replaced by curiosity. Then she looked at the broken and beaten guards and her face turned back into one of rage. "I have no idea who you are, but unless you want a serious flank-kicking, you will get away from them right now!"

Robocop prepared to deal with the new threat when the guard he was arresting ran past him. "Oh Princess Twilight, thank goodness you're here! We were just patrolling the streets when this...thing attacked us! We tried our best to stop it but it cut through us like nothing!"

"Is that so?" the one called Twilight snarled as she turned back to look at Robocop, who stood still as he processed what he had just learned. "So care to tell me, creature, why you attacked these guards?"

"You are designated as Princess Twilight, correct?" Robocop asked her, getting a small look of confusion from the horse. "You are the elected official and authority for this city?"

"More like the whole nation. Why?" Upon hearing her answer, Robocop began to profile her in his databanks as a commanding officer and his superior in this land. She was someone in authority to whom he answered.

"He is bearing false testimony. I was attacked by this guard and his compatriots for simply being different than them," Robocop explained as he spun his gun and holstered it, Twilight looking at him with uncertainty in her eyes. "Because racial profiling is against the law, I sought to bring these officers in. They resisted and attacked me, so I met their force with force. I was preparing to arrest them when you intervened. If you will excuse me, I will continue."

"Hold on, buddy, I don't where you get off saying these kinds of things, but you can't just go around arresting my guards," Twilight said with a dry chuckle that was met with silence from Robocop. "I mean, unless Celestia or Luna appointed you, you really don't have any jurisdiction, if you are a guard."

Her reasoning was true enough, but that did not stop Robocop's directives. "I uphold the law no matter where I am. It is my duty to the public to protect them and my duty to the criminals to arrest them. That is my mission." Twilight looked at the robotic man with more confusion and interest in her eyes, than the rage she had previously held.

"Just what are you?" she eventually asked him.

"I am an officer of the law created by Omnicorp to combat the criminal element in Detroit," he explained as he stood up straight. "Designation: Robocop." Twilight looked at him for a long moment before looking behind her to the guard who was hiding behind her, sighing after a moment before looking back at Robocop.

"I'm sorry, Mr...Robocop, but I'm not sure that I can trust the word of a stranger over one of my own guards," she said to him with a shake of her head. "But if you can come with me, I'm sure that we can get all of this--"

"He's telling the truth, Princess Twilight."

Twilight, Robocop, and the remaining guard all turned to see a red pony walk out of the shadows, Robocop recognized her as the assault victim from earlier. She bowed to Twilight before looking up at Robocop. "I'm sorry that I ran away screaming from you earlier. I never thanked you...for saving me."

"You were distraught after an attempted assault. I do not fault you," Robocop replied calmly.

"Princess, I was being assaulted earlier in an alleyway, but then out of what seemed like nowhere Robocop appeared and...took care of the assailant," the red pony began explaining. "At first, I was terrified of him and ran off, but when I had calmed down, I realized that I hadn't thanked him for saving me. I found him again as he walked into a warehouse where drug dealers were rumored to hang out. From the commotion inside and the fire that was caused, I assume that he dealt with them as well."

"Firefighters responded to the scene and arrested the surviving drug dealers as well," Robocop informed Twilight, who put a hoof to her head as she took it all in, not liking the fact that Robocop said 'surviving members'.

"I was about to thank him when he ran into the guards," the pony said with a glare at the guard, who hid behind Twilight again. "They attacked him without any thought for who he was. He...beat them something fierce, actually. I've never seen a pony take so many spells before, but they bounced right off of him like they were nothing." Twilight's face had fallen as she tried to figure out what to do, sighing as she rubbed her head with her hooves.

"Miss...thank you for telling me this," Twilight said as she looked back at the guard, not needing to question him as the guilt was clearly written on his face. "I'll send another patrol to pick up your buddies and our witness here for questioning, but right now..." she began as she turned back to Robocop. ”You and I need to have a long talk, one I really don't want to have right now. Do you mind coming with me?"

"You are a princess, the designated official of this land. I answer to you," Robocop responded formally, getting Twilight to groan at his response. Twilight then had to cover her eyes as the sun rose over the horizon, reflecting off Robocop's silver armor and into her eyes. Once she could see again, Twilight's eyes widened as she fully took in the human for the first time.

"Incredible," she whispered as she walked over to him, looking over his figure with keen and intrigued eyes. "I've...never seen armor like this before. How do you move without it restricting your flexibility? How does it deflect spells so well--if what the witness said was true? Are all humans from your world like this?"

Robocop found it odd that she already knew about humans, but what gained his attention even further was that she called the energy 'spells'. He did not believe it to be possible, but since his scanners could not recognize the type of energy that had been used against him, magic was not an unreasonable conclusion.

"Oh, I'm sorry, where are my manners?" Twilight said with a nervous giggle as she held out a hoof. "I am Princess Twilight. Let me be the first to welcome you to Equestria, Robocop." Robocop shook her hoof with his hand, but her words confirmed his suspicions. He was no longer in his world; he was in another world entirely. He did not know if there was any way for him to return to his home, to return to protect the streets of Detroit like he was programmed to do. If he...could return to his family again.

'But this new land does not changes my directives,' he thought to himself as Twilight instructed him to follow her. She grabbed the guard with her magic and levitated him along. 'I am an officer of the law, and I protect those under that law and arrest those who break those laws...be they humans or ponies.'