• ...
20
 91
 1,927

Rainbow Bawks

It was a beautiful day, thought Scootaloo as she lazily rode through the market square. The Sunday morning sun was shining, the birds were chirping, the Rainbow Dash was bawking, the frogs were croa-- wait, what?

"Bawk, bawkbawkbawk baaaawk!" That was definitely the faint sound of Rainbow Dash, and she was definitely bawking like a chicken.

Intrigued, Scootaloo gave a burst of buzz to her wings and angled her scooter towards the noise. Half a minute later, she found her target, who was hanging upside down half way out of a low cloud.

"Heya, Squirt. Looks like it worked!"

"Hi, Rainbow Dash! What worked, and why are you making animal noises?" the younger pegasus asked, craning her neck up.

"Oh, AJ taught me how to do a chicken call yesterday, and I'm testing it out. So far, it seems to be working!"

"Rainbow! I'm not a chicken!"

"And yet, here you are," Rainbow smugly replied.

"It's not funny! Apple Bloom swore she wouldn't tell anypony about that, and then she did, and now two years later I still can't live it down. You're a jerk, Rainbow Dash!"

"Woah, kid, relax. I'm just messing with ya! No hard feelings."

"Grrrrr."

"Hey, listen, Scoots. See how stinky it feels when ponies do stuff to you you don't want them to do?"

"Yeah."

"Well, how do you think I feel about you stealing my hair to make wigs?"

"Probably pretty not okay."

"Exactly. So, we both gonna stop being meanies to each other?"

"Yes, Rainbow Dash."

"Good. Now, let's go get breakfast. I'm hungry."

"Race you there!"

"You're on, kid!"

Author's Note:


#SorryNotSorry