• Published 21st Apr 2012
  • 824 Views, 3 Comments

My New Friends, A Colt's Tail - MyWorld93



Living in the gap between dimensions isn't fun, but what happens when you finally break out.

  • ...
 3
 824

I am Dark Star, the New Crusader

When I first made that wish, I never actually thought that anything would happen. I’d made so many wishes before, that I had all but lost hope that I would ever be able to leave that horrid place. I really wonder what made this wish so special that it was granted.

However, at the moment I honestly don’t care, I’m going to make some new friends and I won’t be lonely ever, ever again. I ran as fast as could towards the origin of the scream. I had to get there before they left, I just had to. I dodged the giant apple trees and jumped over the rocks that stood in my way. I hadn’t heard anything since that one scream, but I knew I was going the right way, I just had to be or else I really was going to… I really don’t know and really don’t want to find out.

Finally, I knew I was getting closer, I knew I was almost there. Don’t ask me how I know that because I really wouldn’t be able to give you an answer. It was just like I knew, I knew with all my body, heart and mind that there were three new friends waiting over that hill right ahead of me, I knew that if I could reach them before they left that they would be my new friends before the night ended. I just knew and it felt wonderful. Unfortunately, running while in a euphoric state of mind tends to result in really damages and that was why I ran my head straight into a rock.

I must now believe that my head is harder than rock, I mean I feel a little dizzy from running into it, but overall not so bad. One would think that running into something that hard at the speed I was moving would at least have knocked me unconscious, but overall I felt fine. Even if I had been hurt worse, I’d still keep going, I needed to reach those three.. That’s when I heard the sound of conversation heading my way and saw three fillies heading my way, an orange pony with wings, a white pony with a horn, and a yellow pony with a bow in her red hair. I hid behind the rock, I may have really wanted friends, but it was still my first time seeing another being, I think anyone would be scared.

“Did ya hear that noise just now?” the yellow pony, my first friend to be, said to the two other fillies.

“Yeah, it was really loud, what do you think it was?” the white one, my second friend to be, responded.

“I don’t know, but I’m going to find out” the orange one, my third…well you know, told the other two, “We might even get our cutey marks in investigation!”

“Hey ya good idea.” the yellow one responded.

“CUTEY MARK CRUSADERS INVESTIGATORS!!!”

And with that yell they all ran towards the rock I was hiding behind, and while it scared me something fierce, this was my chance to make new friends. So I waited behind that rock as they ran towards me, scared stiff as the rock. I had to make a good first impression, I had to make a good first impression, I had to make a good first impression. That was all I could think about as they got closer. Ten feet, eight feet, five feet, two feet, one foot, and they were at the rock. I couldn’t get myself to move, so I just waited, hoping beyond anything that they would find me. I needed this chance; it was likely my only one. Finally the orange pony ventured behind the rock, to where I was hiding, while the other two searched the nearby trees. I saw her eyes and she saw mine, and then we both screamed. The other two must have gotten farther away than I thought, because I didn’t hear any rushing hoofsteps.

When he had both finished screaming our little hearts out, she just continued to look at me. I don’t know why, maybe I had something odd on my face, it wasn’t like I could see it or had a chance to look before I heard the scream earlier. I also heard some noise behind me, it sounded like my two other friends to be were coming to investigate the screaming, I guess they really had been pretty far away.

“Hey who are you?” the orange filly asked me with an air of suspicion in her voice, “and what are you doing here?”

“Oh I’m….” I started, and it was then that I remembered, or more like couldn’t remember, that I didn’t have a name. It had been so long since I had needed it, what with no one else to talk to. So within the next couple seconds I needed to come up with a good one, without any knowledge of what names would be found odd here. Well it couldn’t hurt to try anyway. I thought of the most striking thing about me, the contrast between my dark blue coat and my white tail, and then said the first thing that came to my mind. I’ve kind of regretted it ever since, but it worked.

“I’m Dark Star,” I finally finished, “and honestly I was just running towards the screaming I heard earlier, I thought maybe someone was in trouble.” I know, I told a slight lie, but I couldn’t very well tell her that I ran towards people screaming in the hopes of making friends, how would that have looked.

With much less suspicion in her eyes, the orange filly responded, “Huh, I didn’t hear any screaming earlier, oh well that doesn’t matter, I’m Scootoloo, nice to meet’cha.” She held out her hoof like she was expecting me to do something with. I had no idea what I was she wanted, but I raised my hoof as well and waited. For a few seconds we just stood there looking at one another, until she gave me a funny look. Finally, she put her hoof down and just as I was about to join her, thinking that we had finished this strange ritual, she lifted both her front hoofs and started to shake mine. Eventually she stopped and sat back down. I really hope that was a greeting and not some manner of attacking.

“Hey Scootoloo, where’d you go, we heard someone scream.” I heard the other two fillies yell.

“Over here, behind the rock!” Scootoloo yelled back, than looked over at me, “and I found something interesting.”

“Oh, what did you find Scoots?” the yellow one asked.

“I found another pony and look he doesn’t have a cutey mark, just like us.”

“Awww, I thought it was going to be something really exciting” the yellow one replied, while both she and the white one looked at my flank, “but I thought we were the only three in all of Ponyville that hadn’t received our marks yet.”
I just continued to look on, wondering what these cutey mark things were. Apparently they were important, and apparently it had something to do with a pony’s flank, which made me feel vaguely uncomfortable.

“So what’s his name?” the white one asked.

“Um, my name is Dark Star” I replied.

“Well it right nice to meet’cha,” the yellow one stated, “my names Apple Bloom and the white one here is Sweetie Belle.” They gave me their names, this is great. Getting their names is the first step to making friends right. I’ll have three new friends very soon, yes!.

“It’s nice to meet you both.” I replied, and then like Scootoloo had done for me, I held out my hoof, which Apple Bloom quickly grabbed with two of her own and shook my arm vigorously. Honestly it felt almost like it was going to pop off, I think it even kept going for a while after she stopped. I just couldn’t control it.

“So Dark Star, where are you from?” Sweetie Belle asked. I knew a question like this would come eventually, I was just hoping that it would be a little while later, hopefully much, much later. Unfortunately it looks like that part got moved up a bit and I’m going to have to figure out a lie quite a bit sooner than I thought. It’s not like I could tell them that I had been hurtling through dimensions for the last I don’t how long and got here thanks to a wish. They would think I was nuts. Well there’s always the old standby, pretending you have amnesia, but I don’t really want to lie to them anymore than I have to, they are my new friends. So maybe a partial truth?

“Um, I came from over that way, I don’t really remember much else about where I come from.” I said pointing towards where I had ran from, to which they all gasped surprising me greatly, “Um, is something the matter?”

“You came from the Everfree forest,” Sweetie Belle stated, “that place is really dangerous.” Well, I hadn’t meant that, but it’s as good a story as any. I did come out of the forest, but I was already at the edge anyway.

“Um, maybe, all I know is that I was that I was in some real trouble, than suddenly I was transported from that trouble and ended up over there somewhere, I really have no idea how I got here,” I said, which was the honest truth, I really have no idea how I fell out of the dimensional gap to get here, “then I heard some people scream and rushed over here to help if I could. Honestly, I’m really happy to be here instead of back there.” Which wasn’t exactly a fib, but wasn’t the whole story either.

“Really, well it’s good you’re safe now, and let the three of us be the first to welcome you to Ponyville.” Sweetie Belle said smiling.

“Hey since you don’t have a cutey mark, want to join the Cutey Mark Crusaders. We’re the only ones in town without them.” Scootoloo asked, the other two were nodding to show their agreement. I still had no idea what the cutey marks were, but I wasn’t going to let that stop me from getting three new friends.

“YES, YES I WOULD LOVE TO COME!!!” If you couldn’t tell I was excited you weren’t paying attention.

“Hey does this mean we get to initiate him?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Yup.”

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS INITIATORS, YAAAHHH!!!”

“Um, do I have to yell too?” I asked.

“Of course you do!” Sweetie Belle replied.

“Mind doing it one more time than?” They all nodded, and I breathed in deeply.

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS INITIATORS YAAAHHHH!!!” After which they ran off towards the forest of trees, and I followed. This was the beginning of my new story, I would make friends with everyone, I would have all the friends I could want. I would keep the promise that I made in my wish, I would help them with their problem, I would make sure they were protected and safe; I would make sure they were all safe… no matter what.