• Published 26th Sep 2014
  • 5,238 Views, 149 Comments

The Needs Of The Many - SapphireWings999



I don't know how I wound up here, but suddenly everypony is relying on me for their survival after a terrible curse has fallen over the land. This is not the Equestria I remember.

  • ...
23
 149
 5,238

Chapter VI: The Wings Of A Rainbow

Something that I was a bit hesitant to tell Rainbow about before she started teaching me how to fly was my fear of heights. O.K. O.K. it’s not really a fear of heights. I can be on a plane a few thousand feet above ground or climb a stepladder and have no problem with it at all. I guess my real problem is that I have a fear of falling from heights. I’m perfectly calm standing on a mountain top, but the second I look over the edge, my heart rate increases rapidly as nerves take over.

Still, even with my fear of falling from heights, I genuinely did want to learn to fly and my desire well outweighed the nervous energy that typically accompanied me. So, out in the middle of an open field with Rainbow as my guide, I was bound and determined to fly before day’s end. After all, I had managed to defeat a hag just a short while ago so how hard could flying be?

Much, MUCH harder than I thought. This I discovered as I landed flat on my face once again after some desperate wing flapping.

“No no no,” Rainbow stated, slightly frustrated. “You’re still trying too hard.”

“Ah’m sorry, Rainbow,” I replied, picking myself back up and shaking off my wings. “It’s jus that Ah’ve never had wings before today ‘n Ah’m still tryin ta adjust ta them.”

“Just relax. Don’t try to force it. Flying is something that should be effortless,”-she flexed her wings-“You’ve gotta feel each individual feather in your wings and get them to work together as a whole unit.”

“How am Ah supposed ta make it effortless?”

“Try this. Think of one of the most pleasant memories that you’ve experienced in your life. Once you’ve got that, focus on it, letting it flow through you and then channel it into flying.”

I looked at Rainbow for a second with a confused expression. She didn’t really seem like the kind who would typically give that sort of flying advice. She noticed my puzzlement and quickly answered.

“I dunno. Twilight said it worked for her when she was first learning to fly.”

“Ahh,” I replied upon realization. “Did Twilight ever say if it had ta be jus one memory?”

“Well she only focused on one, but I don’t really see the harm in focusing on multiple memories at once. Just try to focus on which ones are most important and meaningful to you.”

“K,” I answered, closing my eyes as hundreds of memories flooded my brain at once.

After a short while, I had chosen a select few memories that held great personal significance to me.

“You got the memories in your mind?” Rainbow asked.

I nodded, eyes still shut.

“I can tell.”

“How?” I questioned, opening my eyes.

Upon opening them, I made an amazing discovery: I was flying. Looking down, I realized that I was about eight feet up in the air with Rainbow Dash hovering next to me, beaming with pride.

“Ah’m… Ah’m doin it! Ah’m flyin!” I pronounced, excitedly.

“Of course you are. You’re Awesome!” Rainbow remarked. “Not everypony gets to be royalty.”

“Thanks, Dashie, but Ah’d ‘preciate it if we didn’t make such a big deal bout me bein a prince,” I stated uneasily. “Ah jus don’t want any o’ ma friends ta think any differently of me, includin you.”

“Sure thing. So whataya say we take that flight over Ponyville now?”

“Sure. Ah wonder if Fluttershy would like ta join us.”

“You can ask her if you want, but I think she’d be more comfortable on the ground. She doesn’t handle heights that well.”

“Ah know what that’s like.”

“You do?” Rainbow asked, confused.

“Oh yeah. One o’ tha biggest fears Ah still struggle with today is tha fear o’ fallin from heights. Had it ever since Ah was a kid ‘n it never went away.”

“You could fool me. The fact that you’re up in the air like this, cool as a cucumber, I’d never guess that about you.”

“Thanks,” I smiled. “Anyways, Ah’m gonna check in with Fluttershy ta see if she wants ta join us, jus in case.”

“K. I’ll be waiting here for you.”

Turning around, I flew off to Fluttershy’s cottage at the edge of Everfree. Arriving at the cottage, I saw her on top of a grizzly bear, running her hooves along his back vigorously.

“Hey, Flutters,” I greeted. “Whachu up to?”

“Oh… hi David,” she replied, still focused on her work. “I’m just giving Harry here a massage. You’d be surprised how much tension can build up in a bear’s back muscles… or anypony’s back muscles for that matter.”

She then looked up and noticed that I was hovering in front of her.

“Oh my! You’re actually flying!”

“Yes. Shockin Ah know. That’s actually tha reason Ah came here. Me ‘n Rainbow Dash were bout ta take a flight over Ponyville. Wanna come?”

“Umm… I don’t think so.”

“Aww c’mon. It’ll be fun.”

“I just… feel safer on the ground. Besides, I’m really busy with Harry here. A simple massage for him can take up to an hour just for me to loosen up all his kinks. You and Rainbow have fun without me. I’ll be fine.”

“O.K. See ya later, Flutters,” I waved as I turned to fly back to Rainbow Dash.

I had known it was a longshot trying to convince Fluttershy to come with us, but I figured it was worth a try anyways. Still, part of me secretly wished she would’ve said “Yes.” Out of the Mane Six, she and I were the closest friends, although, to be fair, I hadn’t had the chance to develop much of a friendship with Twilight on account of, oh yeah, her being in a coma for the majority of my stay. Before long, I was back at the field where Rainbow was.

“Hey, Rainbow.”

“She said ‘No’?”

“Yup.”

“Figures.”

“Ah know but it was still worth a shot.”

“Yeah. I guess so. You about ready for our flight?”

“Sure.”

“Then let’s fly. I’ll go easy on you since you’re just starting out.”

“K.”

And so, the two of us took to the sky, the cool breeze blowing through my hair and her mane. As we flew above Ponyville, I saw the CMC leaving their clubhouse (probably off to try and earn their Cutie Marks in one way or another), Pinkie trotting along on her merry way, and Big Mac pulling a large cart full of lumber and tools, no doubt to start fixing up the family barn that the golems had destroyed. I was thoroughly enjoying the view from 40 feet up in the sky to the point where I almost didn’t notice Rainbow asking me a question.

“Hey, David. You ever wonder what it’s like to sit on a cloud?”

“All tha time.”

“Well you won’t have to wonder anymore. C’mon,” she replied, flying over to a low floating cloud, landing on it, and pointing to a spot next to her with her fore hoof.

“Umm… Rainbow? Are ya sure that that’ll hold me up?”

“Of course I’m sure. You’re part Alicorn after all so sitting on clouds shouldn’t be too much of a problem.”

I paused for a second as I thought this over. My being part Alicorn was going to take some time to get used to even after I had returned home and returned to a normal human again.

“This is true,” I finally replied. “Alright then. Ah’ll sit with you.”

Hovering above the cloud, I gently lowered myself onto it next to Rainbow; it was an entirely new experience to me. The cloud itself was naturally soft, light, and fluffy to a degree that I had never before understood, but that wasn’t all; the cloud was also cool to the touch, almost adding a refreshing atmosphere to where the two of us sat. The coolness of the cloud was a pleasant contrast to the heat of the sun’s rays above us. As I relaxed a little more, I reclined on the cloud, letting its soothing properties flow throughout me.

“Nice view isn’t it?” Rainbow asked, snapping me out of my stupor.

“Oh… uh yeah. Definitely,” I swiftly sat back up.

“Something on your mind?”

“It’s jus… this is all happenin soo fast. Ah mean… first Ah mysteriously wind up here then Ah find out Ah’m some sort o’ Messiah ta Equestria followed by tha revelation that Ah’m a descendant of an Alicorn Princess makin me a prince by blood plus ma victory over the hag ‘n, on top o’ that, Ah find out that once Ah head back home… Ah… Ah can never return here again. Even though Ah’ve only been here a short while… Ah jus feel like… Ah’m home. Ah hate havin to choose between two halves… of me, but Ah can’t jus abandon everyone Ah know back on Earth. Ma family, ma friends,… ma girl, they’re all part o’ who Ah am… ‘n yet… so are all of you. God, why does this hafta be soo hard?” I stated, placing my head in my hands with a visible mix of frustration and depression.

I then felt something soft on my shoulder. Looking over, I saw that Rainbow had placed her wing on it, reminding me of when I had placed my hand on her shoulder to comfort her when I had first arrived in Equestria.

“I’m not gonna try to say that I know what you’re feeling or even going through right now because I don’t,” Rainbow started. “What I will say is that you’ve made a positive impact on the lives of a ton of ponies here, defending the innocent and standing up against a deadly evil. We’ll never be able to thank you enough or even come close to being able to repay you for what you’ve done and what you’ve done will never be forgotten. Years from now, ponies will be passing down legends about you to future generations. You’ll be in our memories for a really long time. What’s important for you is that you don’t forget about us, no matter how much time passes. As long as both of us remember the other, you’ll forever be a part of us just like we’ll forever be a part of you. Plus you’re already all kinds of Awesome here. Imagine how many other kinds of Awesome you’ll be when you get back home.”

These words brought comfort to me and greatly lessened the sadness and agitation that I had been feeling.

“Thanks, Rainbow. You truly are a loyal friend.”

“Hey. You’re pretty loyal yourself. I’ve got a feeling that if your home world had the Elements Of Harmony, you’d be the human embodiment of the Element Of Loyalty. It’s almost like we’re twins or something.”

“Ma mom was always quick ta point out ma extreme level of loyalty ta others ever since Ah was a little boy… or colt,” I stated with a smile. “Whichever you prefer.”

Rainbow chuckled slightly as we watched the sun set below the horizon.

“It was nice bein able ta talk a bit more personally with ya like this Rainbow.”

“Same here,” she agreed, “but if you ever tell anypony we had this conversation, I’ll deny it.”

“What conversation?” I asked with a mischievous grin on my face which caused her to smile back.

“That’s my twin,” she replied, hugging me with both hooves and wings.

“Of course,” I stated, returning the hug with my own hands and wings. “Twins gotta look out fer each other ‘n you’ve still got a reputation ta keep.”

I then pulled out of the hug before continuing.

“Well, Ah should prob’ly be headin back ta tha castle. Ah’ve got a big day tomorrow. Thanks again, Rainbow… fer ev’rythin.”

“Anytime, bud. See ya tomorrow.”

And with that, the two of us went our separate ways. Although talking with Rainbow had helped a little, the pain of having to leave Equestria permanently was still lingering in the back of my mind, albeit not as painful as it was before. The moon had just risen in the sky by the time I arrived back at the castle. I slowly climbed the stairs to the guest room where I had spent my first night and would also spend my last night in Equestria, all the while knowing that sleep would not come easily.

Entering my room, it was just as I had left it my first night there; the extra blanket and pillow were still lying on the chaise from when Fluttershy had slept there. I smiled as I remembered this before lying down on my bed and staring up at the ceiling. At that moment, the Maroon 5 song Daylight ran through my mind. I could really relate to the lyrics as I was in a situation of not wanting to fall asleep because, the sooner I did that, the sooner it would be morning when I would have to leave. The only real difference was that, instead of leaving a girl, I’d be leaving my newly acquired friends and an entire world behind… forever.

This is going to be a long night.

* * * * * * * *

Several hours later, I was still lying awake in bed, lost in thought. I don’t believe there has ever been a time that I’ve felt this anxious as my mind was furiously racing. I was soo focused on my thoughts that I almost didn’t notice the door magically open as Twilight entered my room. She probably would’ve thought that I was asleep had I not spoken up.

“Twilight?” I asked.

This seemed to startle her slightly.

“Oh, David, hey,” she replied nervously. “What’re you still doing awake?”

“Couldn’t sleep. What about you? Why’re you in ma room?”

“I was doing some reading and decided to take a break and check on you.”

“Oh? What kinda readin?”

“Oh nothing much. Just that spellbook you found at the Castle Of The Two Sisters. It was really strange though.”

“What was?” I asked, sitting up to allow her to sit next to me on the bed.

She took a seat on the bed next to me while she spoke.

“Well, I was looking through the many different spells in the book, but there was one page about ¾ of the way through the book that was completely blank.”

“Yeah. Ah had noticed that too. Whataya think it means?”

“I don’t know. Maybe some spell that was never meant to be found. I’m still trying to figure it out, but I got bored so I took a break to check up on you.”

“Well thanks fer that,” I replied with a smile.

“You’re welcome,”-she smiled back-“and thank you.”

“Fer what?” I asked, out of curiosity.

“For taking care of everypony else while me and the other princesses were… incapacitated. I knew that you’d do the right thing.”

“How’d ya know that?”

“When I was in that… ‘coma’, as you called it, I could still hear the voices of everypony in my room. I heard Fluttershy introduce you to Rainbow Dash and Spike, I heard the genuine concern in your voice, I even felt it when you checked my pulse and heartbeat to make sure I was still alive. I could tell just from the tone of your voice and the kindness you showed me while I was unconscious that your heart and intentions were pure and noble.”

“Thanks.”

“So why couldn’t you sleep? Scared about tomorrow?”

I paused for a second.

“Ah’m terrified.”

Twilight looked at me with genuine concern on her face before placing her wing on my shoulder.

“I’m sure that it can’t be easy having to leave friends behind forever like this.”

“It’s not jus that. Ah mean, when Ah first arrived here, Ah was afraid of never bein able ta leave this place, but, now that Ah find out that Ah’m a descendant of Equestria,… Ah’m afraid of never bein able ta come back. There’s almost a tragic irony ta it all. Ah’m from two worlds ‘n sayin ‘Yes’ ta one means sayin ‘No’ ta tha other permanently.”

She continued to look at me with concern for several seconds before she slowly started to smile.

“But hey, at least you have some great memories from your time here,” she stated, clearly trying to cheer me up. “The friendships you made, the truth about your ancestry, and how about getting to fly with Rainbow?”

I smiled as I thought about all of these moments.

“Rainbow gave me yer advice fer flyin.”

“Oh? What memory did you focus on?”

“Ah focused on several actually. There was tha memory of when Ah first went ta Old Orchard Beach back home with ma family, extended family from out west ‘n down south, ma sister’s boyfriend, ‘n ma girlfriend, Savannah. It was such an Awesome week with all of ‘em there ‘n it’s still ma favorite vacation spot. Another memory Ah focused on was when Ah was in a Halloween musical at ma local theater ‘n Ah got ta break out in Michael Jackson’s Thriller at tha end.”

I paused for a second as she stared at me with confusion written all over her face. I soon realized her bewilderment and knew how to explain it to her.

“Oh. Halloween is pretty much ma home world’s version of Nightmare Night ‘n Michael Jackson was tha greatest entertainer of all time, known as tha ‘King Of Pop’. He had numerous hits over tha course of his career includin Thriller, one of his most famous songs, ‘n even had five #1 singles off one album, somethin that was unheard of at tha time. He’s been dead fer ‘bout five years now, but, with someone as influential as he was, you can bet that ev’ryone mourned his passing.”

“Wow. He sounds like he must’ve been extremely popular.”

“He was. Ya’d hafta live under a rock back home ta not know about him. Tha musical Ah was in happened two years after his death, tha same year Ah first met Savannah ‘n we first went ta Old Orchard Beach. After one o’ the shows, an elderly man from tha audience came up ta me ‘n said, ‘Michael Jackson still lives in you’. Ah was absolutely speechless. Never before had Ah received a compliment like that. Ah mean, ma performances had been praised before, but this was on a whole nother level. Bein compared ta someone like tha late great Michael Jackson… it was soo surreal ta me.”

“I’ll bet.”

“Ya must’ve felt somethin similar when ya successfully completed Star Swirl’s unfinished spell, right?”

“Well… I guess so. I mean, I don’t typically take too much personal pride in stuff like that, but I was naturally excited that Celestia had chosen me to finish it. Looking back on it… yeah; it was a pretty happy moment for me, being able to complete something that somepony as great as Star Swirl was stumped on. Not to mention seeing how proud my family was at my coronation as princess. Even my big brother, Shining Armor, cried.”

“Hey. As a big brother with a younger sister maself, Ah can certainly relate. Ah’d definitely be proud o’ ma own sister jus like he was proud of you. Ya kinda remind me of her actually.”

“What’s her name?”

“Rebekah.”

“Interesting name.”

“Finally, the last memory Ah focused on was of all tha friends Ah made durin my short time here.”

“Well that’s something nice to hold on to and at least you have Savannah to look forward to when you get back.”

“That’s not all though.”

“What do you mean?” she asked confused.

“Well… the two of us are comin up on our three year anniversary this week ‘n so… Ah was gonna…”

“Yes?”

I then leaned over and whispered in Twilight’s ear. She then gasped as her eyes lit up and a smile shot across her face.

“Really!?!” she exclaimed. “That’s Awesome! Oh I soo wish I could be there when it happens. I’m sure Rarity would want to see it also, being the hopeless romantic she is. That’s definitely something huge to look forward to when you get back home. Good luck with that.”

“Thanks.”

“Well, I’m gonna get back to trying to figure out that blank page,” she stated, getting up. “You just try to get some sleep O.K.?” she spoke the last sentence in an almost motherly tone.

“K.” I smiled. “It was nice talkin with ya, Twi.”

“You too David,” she smiled back. “See you in the morning.”

And with that, she turned and left my room, closing the door behind her. Lying back down in bed, I turned to face the balcony window, staring at the billions of stars twinkling in the night sky like diamonds on a velvet, sapphire tapestry. As I stared, I suddenly saw a shooting star streak across the sky, leaving its blazing trail behind.

Make a wish, I thought to myself.

What would I wish for anyways? I don’t see many shooting stars back home so I would really have to make this wish count; I might not get the chance to do this again. After thinking to myself for a good long while, I finally decided what my wish would be. Closing my eyes, I thought hard about my wish.

Please… if there’s a way for me to return here after I’ve gone back home… help me to find it before it’s too late.

Feeling a bit more at ease, I slipped off into calm and restful sleep, prepared for whatever I would face the next morning.

* * * * * * * *

Several hours later, I was woken up by blinding sunlight pouring through the balcony onto my face.

Dammit, Celestia, I thought to myself. Are you trying to give me glaucoma?

I then realized the absurdity of that thought as I knew glaucoma wasn’t caused by blinding light. Groggily, I turned my face away from the sun’s glare to put on my glasses and clothes. No sooner had I put them on when I heard a knock at the door. Getting up, I walked over to the door and opened it. Standing before me was the last pony I expected to see: an orange Pegasus stallion with a bright blue mane. Judging by the armor he was wearing, he was part of the royal guard, but clearly not from Canterlot.

“Hello, Prince David,” he finally spoke. “I’m Lieutenant Flash Sentry of the northern Crystal Empire. Princess Cadence sent me here to serve as your personal escort.”

“Wait,” I started, “Princess Cadence is here?”

“Yes. She’s waiting with Princesses Celestia and Luna in the Town Square and sent me here to escort you there.”

“Thanks, but Ah really don’t need an escort.”

“She knows, but she still insists upon it as a way of showing gratitude towards you for saving us and I personally consider it a great honor to see you on your way.”

I smiled at his noble attitude; there was no way that I could refuse.

“Alright then. Let’s get goin.”

And so we headed downstairs and out of the castle. Not much was spoken between us on the way to the Town Square. I wasn’t even sure what I would talk with him about; the two of us hardly even knew each other. I had only seen little bits of both him and his human alternate universe counterpart in the Equestria Girls movie and maybe one or two cameo appearances in Season 4, but not enough for me to really feel any sort of connection with him. All I did know was that he just seemed like a generally nice guy and that was it. As for him knowing about me… pfft, fuck, he doesn’t know anything about me. I had only been here for a few days and in those few days, he had been up north in the Crystal Empire, probably stressing out over the fact that the princess he’d sworn to protect was in a coma. So we continued on in silence for the next several minutes.

Finally, we arrived at the Town Square and it was packed with ponies from all over Ponyville.

“Make way for his highness, Prince David!” Flash called out.

The massive crowd then parted, clearing a path for me and Flash to walk through, and knelt in reverence as I passed by. Although I’m quite used to getting a lot of attention from my past theater experience, something about all of this focus on me made me feel both unsettled and uncomfortable as I slowly made my way to where Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and a white unicorn with a tri-colored navy mane that could’ve only been Prince Shining Armor stood.

“Princess Cadence,” I greeted with a kneel before rising back to my feet. “What’re you doin here?”

“Celestia sent word to me yesterday about you so I got on the first train to Ponyville to see you on your way,” Cadence spoke. “I just arrived late last night.”

“Well Ah’m glad that ya could be here,” I replied with a smile, “’n Ah ‘preciated tha escort.”

“You’re welcome,” she answered back warmly.

“We all owe you a great debt of gratitude,” Shining Armor spoke up. “Personally, I’m grateful that you were able to break the curse that my wife and the others were under. Not to mention all you did for Twily while she was under the curse by taking action and looking after everypony here. As one prince to another, thank you.”

I slowly smiled back at him.

“Yer welcome,” I replied, my smile slowly disappearing as a thought crossed my mind. “Speaking o’ which, where is Twilight?”

“I’m not sure.” Celestia admitted. “She said last night that she would be here, but I’ve not heard word from her since.”

“Can we at least wait fer her?”

“Unfortunately, we cannot,” she replied, turning to Luna. “Are you ready, sister?”

Luna nodded as the two of them focused hard on their magic, charging it up and letting its energy flow through their horns before the golden and cerulean beams shot up into the sky. As they connected, a powerful lightning bolt snaked down and struck the ground in a blinding flash. Everypony covered their eyes until the brightness had subsided and, where the light had once been, there stood my bedroom door, looking exactly the same as it always had except animated.

For several seconds, I just stood there as I started to grasp the gravity of the situation. I was really about to do this; this was the point of no return. In that moment, I thought about the few friends that I had back home. In the past, I had grown up with lots of friends from many different places: churches, a public speaking club, theater, college just to name a few. But over the years, as we got older, we also became more distant from each other until I had only a few friends remaining. Being in Equestria had given me more friends in the past few days than I had in the past few months back home. Now, these friends would be gone permanently, separated by two entirely different dimensions forever. I turned around to see AJ, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rarity, Rainbow, and Spike standing there with solemn looks on their faces. Finally, Rarity approached me, using her magic to pull something out of her bag.

“I made you this… just as a little something to remember us by once you get back home,” she stated, using her magic to give me a necklace and pendant.

Taking the necklace in my hand and admiring it, it was quite beautiful. At the end of a gold chain, there was a pendant consisting of three ovals, all of them joined in the center by one point each. Inside each oval was a sizable gemstone carved to fit the oval it rested in. One oval contained an Emerald, another held a Sapphire, and the last one housed a Ruby. Green, Blue, and Red; my three favorite colors.

“Spike gave me the gemstones to use in the pendant,” Rarity explained.

“This is beautiful, Rare,” I stated, hugging her before turning to hug Spike, “’n thanks Spike fer contributin yer own gems ta make this. That was very generous of both o’ ya. But how’d y’all know that green, blue, ‘n red were ma favorite colors?”

“Eheheh. Let’s just say a little birdy told us,” Spike chuckled.

As soon as he said that, I knew who it was. There was only one mare that I had told about that. Turning past them, I looked directly at Fluttershy, who was trying, but failing, to avoid eye contact.

“You told them?”

She stood there silently for a few seconds before she meekly smiled and nodded. A smile crept across my face as I made my way over to her.

“That was really sweet n thoughtful of ya, Flutters,” I replied, hugging her tightly. “That’s one o’ tha kindest things anypony has ever done fer me. Thank ya for that.”

“You’re welcome,” she answered back softly before pulling out of the hug.

I then placed the necklace around my neck as I looked at all of them.

“This is one o’ tha greatest gifts anyone could ever ask for,” I stated, starting to get choked up. “Ah’ll… Ah’ll never forget y’all. Jus don’t forget about me, O.K.?”

They all nodded as they came forward to give me one final hug. We hugged each other in silence until Pinkie spoke up.

“I never got to throw you a ‘You saved Equestria from an evil hag and found out you were a pony prince’ party,” she spoke sorrowfully.

I smiled a bit as I heard this. Pinkie really did do parties for just about anything.

“You can still throw it, Pinkie,” I replied. “Don’t let tha fact that Ah’m not here anymore keep any of ya guys from living ‘n enjoyin yerselves. This is not meant ta be a time of sadness but of rejoicing. Can ya do that for me?”

Pinkie then offered a sad smile as she nodded. With that, I pulled out of the hug and faced everypony gathered there. With a firm look on my face, I offered a salute to all of them which they returned. Turning around, I bowed before Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Shining Armor and they bowed back.

“Give my regards to Twilight,” I told them.

“You have our word,” Luna replied.

This was it: The moment that I had both anticipated and dreaded in equal measure as I slowly approached the door that would lead me home. Seconds seemed to stretch into an eternity. Tears streamed down my face as I finally reached the door. Holding out my right hand slowly, I went to grasp the doorknob as my hand trembled uncontrollably.

“WAIT!!!!” a voice cried out from a distance. “STOP!!!!”

I knew whose voice that was.

Twilight?

Author's Note:

How's that for a cliffhanger? Sorry if it took me long to get this out to you guys. I've just been extremely busy as of late. But better late than never. This is the penultimate chapter of my story. As they say in the famous graphic novel Watchmen "The End Is Nigh". I'll work hard to get the final chapter out before year's end but I can't promise anything. Til then, feel free to leave your comments down below and catch you guys on the flipside.