• Published 24th Sep 2014
  • 4,298 Views, 461 Comments

Sombra visits Skyrim - Blackdrag-rose



Sombra gets blown out of Equestria after failing to take over the Crystal Empire. Only he lands in some strange land that he is unfamiliar with; someplace called Skyrim.

  • ...
33
 461
 4,298

PreviousChapters Next
28: Return to Tamriel

"Ugh, these headaches are getting old."

That was what Raika said the moment that she opened her eyes, finding herself back on the peak of High Hrothgar after destroying Alduin in Sovngarde. She would have loved to relax with her friends, hit the bar in one of the Hold cities, and celebrate a job well done until she felt it was time to finish her service to Lord Ulfric. Unfortunately, the moment she looked around the peak she noticed that there were dozens of dragons surrounding her, some perched on the ground, some perched on the side of the mountain, and some just flying around. She had the feeling that they were all here for her, but even as she picked up her enchanted swords she knew that she was in no condition to fight every single dragon in the sky.

"Alduin los dilon!" A dragon shouted, causing an uproar from all of the others, "Alduin lost kosaan krinaan!"

Raika, not sure what the dragon had said, stood her ground and waited for one of them to come near her so she could drive her blades deep into its chest. Before she could stab any of them a light appeared in front of her and the next thing she knew she was staring into the faces of her friends...in their nordic forms.

"What are you still doing here?" Raika asked, forgetting about the dragons for a moment, "I thought you guys would have left the moment that Alduin was slain and my destiny had been fulfilled."

"And leave without saying goodbye?" Luna remarked, letting her battleaxe fall into the snow, "That would have been rude and unforgivable at the same time."

"Greetings, Dovahkiin," a dragon called out, landing behind Raika and allowing her to see that it was only Odahviing, "I see that you have succeeded in your...mission. Alduin, the Firstborn and the Lord of the dragons, is no more."

"And where is Paarthurnax?" Raika commented, looking around for the elder dragon and not seeing him anywhere.

"Gone." Odahviing answered, letting a chuckle as the other dragons took off for the skies, "No doubt trying to teach the other dragons the peaceful lifestyle that he developed in the Way of the Voice. I wish him luck in his quest, as many of our kind would not exchange Alduin's Lordship for the tyranny that comes from Paarthurnax's peaceful teachings."

"And what about you?" Raika continued, recalling the comment he made back in Dragonsreach.

"I shall go high into the other mountains," Odahviing replied, "I shall honor my words and come to your call whenever you need me, if I am able to reach you. I hope to see you sometime in the future, but until then I will take my leave. Farewell Dovahkiin."

Raika stood there as Odahviing opened his wings and took off, leaving the peak of High Hrothgar with the other dragons that had come to witness her return to Tamriel. Eventually the peak became quiet, the sound of dragons speaking to each other and their wings flapping disappearing into the distance with them. Raika sighed and dropped her enchanted weapons, allowing herself to fall into the snow and finally unwind for a moment before she considered moving from the mountain.

"So when are you guys leaving?" Raika asked, barely looking up at the others from where she was laying.

"Leaving?" Luna remarked, her head filling Raika's vision, "Whatever do you mean by that?"

"Oh don't play with me," Raika commented, pulling herself up to a sitting position since Luna wouldn't leave her alone, "You and Celestia are the Princesses of another world, rulers of someplace that you continue to call Canterlot. You have helped me fulfill my destiny by aiding me in destroying Alduin the World-Eater, so what's preventing you from leaving and returning to your subjects?"

"I don't want to deal with the annoying nobles after all of this," Luna whined, something that Raika never expected from her, "I'd rather stay here, find that Dawnguard that we came across earlier in our journey, and find the vampire menace that they wanted to deal with. Then maybe deal with the leader of those Cultists that dared to attack you before you could read the Elder Scroll."

"Raika does raise a valid point dear sister," Celestia commented, causing Luna to turn to her, "We have already stepped away from our royal duties for almost a week and there is no telling how much trouble Twilight and Cadence are in until we return. We should return to Equestria for some time, see how things are going over in our home world, and fix whatever problems we can find before we consider returning to fight another threat. If Twilight and Cadence have done a wonderful job in our absence we can return immediately, so you can continue to have fun."

"I hope they've done a good job," Luna muttered, collecting her battleaxe before facing the Word Wall, "So, how will we return to Equestria this time? And are Trixie and Sombra returning with us?"

"Well, um, I'd like to stay for a while longer," Trixie spoke up, "I'd like to complete some more training at the College of Winterhold before I return to Equestria. No doubt that Urag has some more tasks for me to complete and there's no telling what other spells they can teach me while I'm there."

"Sombra?" Celestia asked, staring into her husbands eyes and wondering what he was thinking about.

"It has only been a week since the Crystal Empire returned?" Sombra asked, receiving a nod from both sisters, "It would be too soon for me to return to Equestria and expect anypony in the Empire to open up to me after everything I've done to them under the influence of the darkness. It...it pains me to say this, but I think I'll stay behind and help Raika deal with both the vampire threat the Dawnguard warned her about and whoever sent those Cultists after her. Maybe, just maybe, when I return I can ask forgiveness from everypony, but not yet."

Raika could see it in Celestia's eyes; she was torn between returning to Equestria with her sister and leaving her love behind in a completely different world. If it were Raika having to choose she would have chosen almost immediately and would have stayed with her love until he felt it was time that they head home. However, Raika knew that the choice was going to have to be heading home to be sure everything was in order and catching up on whatever paperwork there was before they even considered returning to Tamriel.

"Very well," Celestia said, letting some tears fall as she wrapped her arms around Sombra, "Luna and I will set the groundwork for your return when we get back, so you'll have an easier time when we bring you back. And I'll try to explain things to Twilight, so she understands why we left to begin with. Promise me that nothing serious will happen to you while we're gone."

"I promise, my sweet princess," Sombra replied, holding on for a moment before Celestia pulled herself away.

"Any day please," Luna huffed, clearly wanting to get it over with so she could return as fast as possible.

Raika watched the sisters stand next to each other, their horns lighting up as the magic began to gather around the mountain and, more importantly, themselves. At first nothing seemed to happen, but then, as the magic appeared around them, the air seemed to bend and twist as a hole appeared before the sisters. It reminded Raika of how they sent Discord back to Equestria, but this hole was colored dark blue and it was growing larger than the previous one. Several moments passed before a gateway, for that was all that Raika could call the swirling magic before them, stabilized in front of the sisters.

Luna, not wanting to waste a single moment before her eventual return, dived right into the gateway, disappearing from view and causing the magic to shimmer for a moment. Celestia, on the other hand, took one last look back at Sombra to be absolutely sure he was staying for the time being before following her sister through the gateway. The moment that they were through the gateway the magic crumpled without anyone holding it in place, causing the gateway to collapse on itself until it was gone.

"So," Trixie said, picking up the Magistrate and returning it to her belt, "where to first? Are we going to head to Winterhold and help the other mages with that orb we found or are we heading to...wherever the Dawnguard has sent its headquarters?"

As Trixie spoke Raika noticed that Nahkriin's mask still hung from her belt, a trophy that told everyone that Trixie had overcome one of the most powerful Dragon Priests in all of Skyrim. Maybe they didn't have to help the Dawnguard just yet.

"Riften," Raika answered, sure of her answer, "We'll help the Dawnguard and, if there's time between whatever they need help with, help the mages of Winterhold with their orb. You'll get their training and we'll stop whatever vampires they were talking about. And that means..."

"..another carriage ride," Sombra finished for her.

Raika moaned and knew that somethings in her life just would not change for her, no matter how much she tried to change them herself. She started walking towards the path that she used to climb to the top, dreading the walk down the mountain and down the Seven Thousand Steps yet again. Without having to turn around she heard two people following her, knowing that her friends weren't far behind her and were sharing in her agony. She only hoped that the Dawnguard were easier to find than the Elder Scroll she still carried had been.

PreviousChapters Next