• Published 24th Sep 2014
  • 4,300 Views, 461 Comments

Sombra visits Skyrim - Blackdrag-rose



Sombra gets blown out of Equestria after failing to take over the Crystal Empire. Only he lands in some strange land that he is unfamiliar with; someplace called Skyrim.

  • ...
33
 461
 4,300

PreviousChapters Next
24: Dragonrend

Raika greedily took in the cold air of Skyrim the moment that she and her friends emerged from the dwarven ruins, glad to get away from the stale air that had been lingering below the earth for so long. Her friends seemed glad that they had a breather that didn't involve them having to get up almost immediately after they settled down and continue running. The dwemer were insane in creating so many machines to guard their secrets, because Raika knew that if her friends hadn't come to Skyrim to help her she would have never made it past the army of machines they had awoken.

The best thing about the last few days was that she finally had something to show for her efforts to learn the secret that the ancient nords used against Alduin; the Elder Scroll.

"When I was in Tamriel during the Oblivion Crisis I heard about these ancient scrolls," Luna commented, running a hand over the scroll's case, "I never got the chance to actually find one of these. To think that we would have the chance to lay our eyes on one of the ancient fragments of creation. Twilight would be jealous of what we're going to be doing with this whenever she hears this tale."

"Another Equestrian?" Raika asked, raising an eyebrow at the mention of yet another name that didn't belong to Skyrim.

"My personal student," Celestia replied, brushing some dust off of her wings, "Twilight Sparkle, the Element of Magic, capable of performing feats of magic unseen in the modern age of Equestria. She knows that Luna and I are no longer in Canterlot at the moment, but she doesn't know about us traveling to different worlds to help the people. Maybe one day I'll tell her about Tamriel and all the adventures we've been on, but for now we should be focusing on getting the scroll to High Hrothgar."

Raika had never heard of this Twilight Sparkle or the Element of Magic, but she assumed that whoever Celestia was talking about must have an incredible amount of magical power for her to be the Princess' personal student. Maybe one day she would find herself in the company of the young mage that Celestia was training, but that was likely never to happen. She sighed before getting to her feet, knowing that now they had to track down yet another carriage so they could get back to Iverstead as fast as possible. Maybe one day she'd find some way to quickly travel from one place to another that she's already been to that didn't involve taking a carriage everywhere.

------------------------------------------------

Finding a carriage had been slightly difficult, as they had to walk all the way to Dawnstar and deal with several bandits and some of the local wildlife before they could get there. Once their ride had been purchased they finally relaxed, no longer feeling the need to be on their toes and have their weapons at the ready all the time. The dwemer ruins took a lot of energy out of anyone who dared to brave their depths, with all the running and fighting that occurred below the ground of Skyrim. Raika was somewhat amazed that they were all still standing, but from what she had already seen her friends were more used to what they had just done than she was.

Once they were out of Dawnstar Raika leaned back, got really relaxed, and, somehow, slipped off to sleep.

"She deserves some rest," Celestia said, chuckling just a tiny bit when she realized that it was almost nighttime, "after all, we've been through a lot in the last few hours and those ruins can take a lot out of you if you aren't careful."

"What happens after she reads that scroll?" Trixie asked, knowing from her brief reading that the Elder Scrolls could be dangerous to those unfamiliar with them.

"Hopefully she learns the Dragonrend shout," Celestia replied, thinking about what was to come next, "then, if Alduin acts like the dragons from our home, she'll barely have time to relax before our foe is upon us. If he does show up then I really hope the Shout does what's its supposed to and makes it possible for us to physically hurt him. We won't know what will happen until its right on top of us."

"If Alduin appears before Raika is ready then we'll have to guard her from harm," Luna commented, staring up at the sky while they rode along, "I wouldn't mind showing the World-Eater what it means to fight with the Nightmare. I'm positive that I could give him a run for his bits, but I don't think he'd care much for a fight that wasn't with the Dragonborn."

Sombra remained silent, choosing to listen to the others while he wondered just how much magical energy he could pump into the mountain of High Hrothgar. They all knew that Alduin was coming, but there were a couple of things in mind that he could do that might even the odds in case Raika wasn't ready. He just hoped that he would have enough time to put his plans in place before Alduin showed up, because then they'd have to hit him fast.

------------------------------------------------

The guards of Iverstead were having a bad week. First off there was the constant battering they took when the local bears came too close for comfort, though usually they left before someone died. Then there was the occasional bandit raid, though the guards had remained vigilant and risked life and limb to defend the people of their fair town. That was before the Dragonborn came riding through to meet the Greybeards. After she arrived the town had been assaulted by a large group of bandits, all of them eager to take the life of the hero of legend, but not one of them had survived. Several of their numbers had been lost during the bandit attack, but they had been lucky and received some reinforcements not a few hours later.

So the moment they saw a carriage arriving in the middle of town, carrying the Dragonborn and her friends, all the guards cringed and were immediately on alert. They knew something was coming, though they had no idea what.

"False Dragonborn," a voice shouted, causing everyone to turn and look at the burial mound, only to find two robe wearing freaks standing there, "Your lies fall of deaf ears deceiver. When the True Dragonborn comes the world shall be his for the taking...and you won't be able to get in His way."

"Do you mind?" Sombra asked, standing tall as he faced the cultists, "We're in the middle of trying to rid Skyrim of Alduin the World-Eater, so why don't you come back when we're done with him?"

"Nice try fool," the cultist shouted, "but we are under orders to slay the False Dragonborn, and that includes everyone who fights with her."

"Okay then," Sombra said, placing his left hand on the ground, "don't say I didn't try to spare your lives."

The first cultist, sensing that something was going to happen, threw himself to the right as a giant crystal pillar erupted from the ground that he had just been standing on. The second cultist, not catching on to what was happening, didn't have a chance to move as a second pillar erupted from below his feet and impaled him in the chest. The remaining cultist cast a look at Sombra and charged a fireball spell, but the moment the spell left his hand a crystal shot up and stopped it cold. Before he could back up and get out of Sombra's sight a crystal sprouted out of the ground in front of him and struck him hard in the chest, earning him the fate of his partner.

"It is done," Sombra said, lifting his hand from the ground once he was sure the cultists were done with, "They shall not bother us anymore."

Raika was amazed yet again by how fast that Sombra was able to call upon those crystal pillars of his, as if they followed him underground wherever he went. As she climbed off the carriage she wondered what other tricks that Sombra was hiding from them all, but she was sure that she'd see another before their time was up. All they had to do now was climb back up the Seven Thousand Steps, yet one more time, before she discovered her true weapon against Alduin.

------------------------------------------------

"Ah, Dragonborn, you have returned," Paarthurnax welcomed, watching the group finish their punishing hike up the mountain, "and I see you have brought the Kel, the Elder Scroll, that was used against Alduin. Take it to the Tiid Ahraan, the Time Wound, to cast yourself back to when the ancient nords battled against Alduin."

Raika, hating High Hrothgar beyond imagining, slowly approached the area that seemed to be shimmering, but she thought it was just a trick of the light hitting the snow. When she was sure that she was in the middle of the area that Paarthurnax had pointed out she took a seat and sighed as she gently pulled out the Elder Scroll. Before her nerves got the better of her she pulled open the Scroll and her mind was immediately seized by the swirling words and symbols that raced across the parchment. Then she began to see something in the middle of the Scroll and knew that she had found what she was looking for.

"So," Luna commented, standing next to Paarthurnax as she watched Sombra take a seat in front of the broken Word Wall, "How long do you think she'll spend with that scroll before she finally snaps out of it?"

"Hmm, it is hard to say." Paarthurnax replied, "I have heard that each reading is different, so no two people will spend the same amount of time in their readings. The Dragonborn can spent minutes, hours, or even a few days in her readings. Intrigue me, but who is that bron, that nord, whose sitting in front of the Word Wall?"

"Oh, Sombra?" Luna said, wondering why the dragon would care about someone who wasn't from his world, "He's from Equestria, just like me, my sister Celestia, and our young friend Trixie. Sombra was the former King of the Crystal Empire, though he is a master of Dark Magic, which he has used to great effect since he's been in Skyrim."

"Jun do faal Yostrah Lokoltei," Paarthurnax echoed the title, as if out of respect, "In do Vul Lu. The 'King of the Crystal Empire' and the 'Master of Dark Magic' as you name him. This Dark Magic is zuran, strange, to me."

"Don't worry about it too much," Luna commented, leaning against a rock as she continued to watch Sombra, "He is one of the few mages in Equestria's history who can control that type of magic without it controlling him, except for the time that Discord broke through all his mental barriers. Now that he has control over his magic again his barriers should be back up, so whatever he's planning will be bigger than whatever Alduin is planning."

Suddenly Raika gasped and bent over, the Elder Scroll hitting the snow and wrapping itself up as she started to chock on something. Before anyone could approach her the fit was over, causing her to bring her head back up and look around as if she was confused at to where she was. Then, like the sun rising, she remembered where she was sitting and exactly what she had been doing before she had opened the blasted Elder Scroll. The only good thing that came out of all of that...madness...was that she had discovered exactly what she needed to have a chance to defeat Alduin.

"So, you have gained the weapon of my Ancient Enemies," a voice rang out, just as a large black scaled dragon appeared close to the peak, "It does not matter Dovahkiin, for I shall destroy you and your allies and feast upon your souls in Sovngarde. Then, when you are gone and I have feasted upon your soul, I shall burn this world to the ground. Prepare to DIE JOOR!"

"Joor Zah Frul."

The Words of Power escaped Raika's lips before she could even stop them, but the moment that the Shout collided with Alduin the dragon was immediately grounded. Alduin thrashed against the air, almost as if something was preventing him from moving into the air again, but Raika knew that it was the Shout's doing. Raika smiled and got to her feet, drawing her swords as she approached the enemy of Tamriel, determined to put an end to everything before Alduin could escape. Before she could get close enough something strange happened, the Shout seemed to wear off and Alduin took flight, but before he could get very far a crystal pillar erupted out of the ground.

This pillar, however, was at least twice the size of the previous ones that Sombra had used and the first one managed to clip Alduin's right wing with ease. Before the dragon could move out of the way a second pillar sprout out of the ground, piercing Alduin's left wing and causing him to roar in agony. As Alduin struggled to destroy or dislodge the crystals that were trapping him a third one shot out of the ground, like an arrow from a bow, and impaled the dragon in the chest. Before anyone else could say anything Sombra pulled two large crystal fragments out of the ground and stabbed them into Alduin's back as hard as he could, crushing the ancient beast.

Raika was stunned that Sombra had been able to do so much damage to the ancient dragon and was also amazed that Alduin was just resting against the pillars. If she didn't know any better she would have sworn that Alduin was already dead, but if he was dead she would have suspected some sort of explosion or something. Besides, it was supposed to be the Dragonorn that killed Alduin, not one of her friends while he had been weakened by her Shout. Just as she was about to check and be sure that the deed had been done Alduin thrashed around yet again, this time cracking the pillars until he was free once more.

"I go...to...Sovngarde...Dovahkiin," Alduin coughed, blood hitting the snow as he picked himself up, "I...will destroy...you there..."

Before Raika could hurl a taunt at the dragon or impale him with her own weapons he took flight and was gone within moments, leaving her and her friends alone with Paarthurnax. Now that she had the weapon to hurt him all she had to do was figure out how to reach Sovngarde, the home of all the nord's ancient and honored dead. And she had absolutely no idea how she was going to pull off that feat.

PreviousChapters Next