• Published 30th Oct 2014
  • 3,831 Views, 134 Comments

Destiny : Twilight Voidwalker - BackroundVoice



One crippled Equestrian society, one chance to save it, and fifteen-thousand potential heroes to live the legend. Join Twilight Sparkle as she lives a second life to defend Equestria one last time. Action, suspense, and Pony-Puns await you.

  • ...
13
 134
 3,831

Prologue - The Ghost of Friendship

Space... Infinite by nature, mysterious without question.

The overwhelming idea of the undiscovered baffles hundreds to this very day. Even after the Collapse, Ponies of all kinds gaze in wonder about the untouchable Light that lingers out there, and the Darkness that separates them.

But as they wonder, imagining the dangers and countless adventures that await them, their desire for discovery could only be rivaled by a being such as I, a Ghost.

Small, defenseless, fragile, but filled with the light of the Traveler.

My soul purpose is to locate and guide a Guardian to a better tomorrow. And of course, that is why I am out here. Old Ponyville, a once flourishing town with ponies of all kinds, from what I've observed in the chamber of history.

And according to that history, this town has seen its fair share of world changer events. Attacks from living nightmares, invasions from changelings, a demon seeking unlimited power; it was even ruled by a god of chaos at one time.

And after all of that, nothing compared to the Collapse.

Now there is only emptiness. Vacant homes, abandoned carriages, and small remnants of the life that used to exist here. And all I had to do was find one dead pony, which shouldn't be too hard. But as luck would have it, nothing has been found, again. There were probably dead ponies everywhere, but they must have been vaporized down to the bone, or have gone missing.

As the Fallen seem to have been dragging any pony remains back to the Devil’s Lair, offering them as sacrifices for that over-sized parasprite of a Servitor. Sepiks Prime, the god of the devils.

This wasn't the first time that I've had looked my guardian. I've searched Mars, Venus, the Moon, and even lingering asteroids that might have inhabited pony life before. This was just another twenty year long dead end.

"Is there really nothing out here?" I asked myself. Honestly, those guardians were right, only fallen and stray animals out here. I moved through the open streets of town central. Scanning things here and there. Detecting dead things, but nothing with a even a sliver of light.

"Come on, you corpse!" I shouted at the skull of a diamond dog. "You could at least try to have a little light!" My efforts to communicate were all in vain. I really thought giving up, but the sudden blip of alert coming from my sensors beckoned me to look again. "Where are you? Where are you? I know spotted some light here!" I said, gliding over to a toppled structure, scanning its architectural origins. This was the town hall once. Many celebrations and ceremonies were held here. But what set off my sensors?

"Yes! I've found you!" I declared, circling around the lopsided building, searching for the source of the anomaly until I found it.

And there it was. A skeleton, a genuine pony skeleton with a fading light. It laid halfway under of the former town hall. What an awful way to die. Crushed under a building with no escape. The skeleton was of an averaged sized mare. A Unicorn, I thought. Or is it a Pegasus? The horn of a Unicorn could be seen poking up just above it's brow, but a perfect set of wings laid intact beside it.

"Well, if I’m being honest with myself, I wouldn't be surprised if you two had died in the same spot together." I spoke to the mess of bones before me. "And I guess two is better than none! But, I can only return with one. And while I regret leaving a perfectly good candidate, I can’t go back empty hoofed. Sorry miss Pegasus, I'm going with the Unicorn."

As I started to resurrect my candidate, I parted my nodes, keeping them within a close ratios with the light that I was comprised of. And as I leaked this energy out onto the pony’s remains, a bright orah started to emit from the bones itself, forming a living body for the Unicorn, until a blinding flash finished the job.

There was now a new Guardian in the universe.

The mare wore the standard gear for a Warlock. The purple cloak was proof of this. Her Cutie mark was engraved upon all of the clothes as well. It was of a pink star, with similar smaller white stars surrounding it. And her mane was velvet with brilliant red streaks. She looked great. But with one odd feature. This Unicorn, she had wings. Big beautiful wings.

Did I mess up? I thought, I must have accidentally fused the Pegasus’ remains along with the Unicorn’s. My bad.

But that problem would have to wait for another time, my guardian was starting to stir.

Better wake her up.