• Published 23rd Sep 2014
  • 941 Views, 20 Comments

The Light Side of the Moon - Black sun and white mist



Cheese Sandwich captures corrupted Pinkie Pie in an Alternate Universe ruled by Nightmare Moon in an attempt to find his purpose in life again.

  • ...
7
 20
 941

Chapter 7

Author's Note:

It has been a year and I have no excuses for being away this long. I suppose I just kind of gave up with the pressures of daily life on my shoulders. Really, I'm ashamed. But, I'm back and this time, I won't leave. Thank you for looking at this story even though it's been a while. Please, give me constructive criticism and I'll see you all later.

-Black Sun and White Mist

Shining Armor rubbed circles on his forehead with his hoof. He hadn't found a wink of sleep since Pinkamena arrived. Thirteen days of sitting at a desk and filing paperwork takes its toll after a while. Pinkamena's escape gave him a bit of excitement but Shining, unfortunately, wasn't in the chase until the very end. A beep rang out and Shining used his magic to pour a dark brown liquid into a mug that proudly exclaimed 'World's best crime fighter'. Shining took a long sip and received a burst of energy. Sweet, sweet coffee. Nature's energy booster. Nopony knew but Shining had an endless supply of coffee from the griffon kingdom. Coffee beans in exchange for news on Nightmare Moon. Fair deal.

Stacks of paper littered his office but it wasn't all paperwork. Some were ideas and plans on what to do with Pinkamena. Shining hadn't laid one hoof on the pink monster since day one of her stay. It bothered Shining that he couldn't do anything regarding his 'guest'. It'd be easy to get revenge now but once Shining's plan was successfully executed, revenge would be all the more sweeter. Propping his head on his hoof, Shining drifted into his thoughts.


One year ago...

Blood dripped down Shining's face from his eye. Twilight Sparkle stood above him with a manic grin and a dark glint in her eyes. The injured white stallion was too shocked to speak or move. The grin on Twilight's face grew as she once again raised her horn. Flinching, Shining Armor prepared himself for the next strike.

"Why do you get to have all the fun?" a dark soprano voice called out, effectively stopping the purple mare's attack.

"Because I'm the strongest of us and I'm related to him by blood." Twilight spat the word like it was poisonous. "It should be my pleasure to get rid of him!"

"There are better ways to do the job," the soprano voice responded. "We should break his spirit first. Wouldn't that be fun?"

"Just let me...."

"Let her take a crack at it, egghead," a rougher voice rang out. "She's well-known for her ability to break the most stable of ponies." Twilight scowled but backed off of Shining Armor. A slim pink pony replaced Twilight's position on top Shining. "My name's Pinkamena Pie! Are you ready to have some fun?"


With a jolt, Shining withdrew from the memory. Reliving it was more terrible than only a few select things. The memory did serve a good purpose though. It was fuel for Shining Armor's justice. A reminder that Nightmare and her lackeys would be shown no mercy from him. A knock at the door grabbed Shining's attention. With a sigh, Shining opened he door with his magic. A small orange pony stood in the doorway.

"Who are you and how did you find us?" Shining snarled. For the second time, in two months, the hideout had been compromised. They really needed a more secure entrance.

"I have information that you might find valuable," the orange pony explained completely ignoring Shining's question.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't throw you into our cells right now!" Shining exclaimed. His horn lit up menacingly, ready for a fight. Sensing the stallion's distress, the orange mare took a small step back.

"Nightmare Moon is a menace and must be stopped," the orange mare offered. "My name is Scootaloo and the knowledge I have acquired may help you in your... endeavor." Shining bit his lower lip as he thought.

"If you can offer me something I don't already know," Shining started,"then you're certainly welcome in our ranks. Though, until we can prove you're correct with your information, you'll be heavily under guard. Information for shelter and food. Do we have a deal?" Scootaloo nodded and held out her hoof. With a swift shake, the deal was set. Neither party knew what was to come.


Pinkamena tossed and turned in her stone hard bed. It confused her to no end why she didn't just break for it when Cheese was unconscious. She could be back at the castle in bed while that Cheese fellow rotted in prison. The entire Cult of the Sun could be totally destroyed with the remaining members on the run! Her mind must have been muddled from that Poison Joke. That must have been it.

Once they had arrived back at the hideout, Cheese was quickly ushered into the Hospital Wing. Pinkamena got ushered back into her isolated cell with a few prods into her side and some whip cracks. It wasn't all bad though. A kick into the side of a rambunctious unicorn gave Pinkamena a quick laugh and a rather large bruise on the backside of her head. Completely worth it though to see a little suffering caused by her own hooves. Nightmare knows she hadn't experienced that in a long while.

"Ugh," Pinkamena sighed turning over once again. Tomorrow was a new night and hopefully, Cheese wouldn't be there to ruin it with his ridiculous 'gifts'. It was as if that stallion had rocks for brains. He was probably trying to make her an ally to protect himself for the inevitable invasion. Unfortunately for Cheese, he was doing it all wrong. If anything, he was getting on Pinkamena's bad side. The next time she saw Cheese, she would give him a piece of her mind.

With that thought in her head, Pinkamena took one last look at the night sky and fell into a deep sleep.


Fluttershy was not having a good night. Ponies from the army kept arriving by the dozens with injuries from what looked like the same thing. The soldiers kept their stories though and insisted that they were from different causes. Fluttershy didn't push it. If they weren't telling her what was injuring them, then Applejack or Rainbow Dash must have threatened the soldiers to keep the cause a secret. She didn't want any pony getting hurt. Shaking her head, Fluttershy quietly admonished the tactics of her comrades.

Pinkie was still missing so that didn't help her state of mind. Her friend was last seen heading into Everfree but nopony knew where she was headed. It was stupid of Pinkie to head out alone without any pony else but she seemed so excited when she left. Fluttershy just couldn't be mad when Pinkie Pie showed an emotion besides anger and utter disgust. The other elements were looking diligently--at least that's what they said--but without success.

With a heavy sigh, Fluttershy looked to the night sky and silently hoped that Pinkie could still see the moon. "Please get home, safe." Fluttershy took a long sip of her cider and laid her head down.

Comments ( 5 )

YYYEEEEEESSSSSSS its great to see you back with a chapter for the story:pinkiehappy:

don't keep me waiting for so long again:pinkiecrazy:

6331413
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye. :pinkiehappy:

Hope you continue with this! :pinkiehappy:

This is amazing!! Please please continue

This story is friggin amazing
You should consiter the next chapter
No pressue its just very exiting

Login or register to comment