• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 12,557 Views, 481 Comments

My Lady, My Love, My Life - MysteriousStranger



Several months after Trixie and Rarity became a couple, they must now face new challenges to mantain their relationship and make their bond stronger.

  • ...
15
 481
 12,557

Trixie's Magic Spectacular

Button Mash’s birthday arrived. Trixie and Rarity worked hard and managed to come up with an act that would, hopefully, entertain the kids. Rarity, Sweetie Belle and Trixie agreed to meet at Carousel Boutique before going to Button Mash’s home. The fashionista and her younger sister were talking in the bedroom with Opalescence sleeping on the bed when somepony knocked at the door.

“Could you get that please, Sweetie Belle? It could be Trixie.”

“Sure!” Sweetie Belle trotted out the bedroom and downstairs. Rarity took the opportunity to admire herself at the mirror. She was wearing an attire similar to Trixie’s, but with her personal touch. She only had the cape. The hat was on the bed.

She smiled and posed to herself. “Behold, before your eyes stands the beautiful and charming Rarity!” The white pony heard laughter behind her. She stood still and slowly turned around, blushing of embarrassment, to find her sister and her marefriend grinning, holding more laughs.

“Rarity, what was that?!” Sweetie Belle managed to say before not being able to hold her laughter anymore.

“I...” Rarity couldn’t come up with any explanation. She was caught in the act and had no way out.

Trixie approached Rarity, smiling. “You’re missing something.” Trixie said before standing still in front of Rarity. She, then, levitated the hat from the bed to Rarity's head. “There.” Rarity smiled and blushed again, this time because of her love being sweet to her.

“Trixie-boo...” They were very close to each other, and the distance was becoming shorter.

Sweetie Belle noticed this. “You can get smoochy-smoochy later, it’s getting late!” The filly yelled, not really angry though. Both mares blushed hard as they looked away from each other.

“R-Right… I don’t want to be late for my come back.” Trixie said before walking next to Sweetie Belle. She noticed that Rarity didn’t move and looked at her. “My lady?”

The fancy Unicorn shook her head and smiled. “Right behind you!”

“I’ll get Button’s gift and we can go!” Sweetie Belle quickly took a bag where the gift was and followed the mares while Trixie looked for the wagon which had everything she needed for the show. The three ponies began their way to where the birthday party was being held. The fashionista looked over her marefriend and noticed that she had a weird look.

“Are you nervous, my darling?”

“Just a little… I haven't done this for a while. What if I'm out of practice?”

“Trixie-boo, we have been practicing the last two days. You're not out of practice. Besides, I will be there to help you, don't worry.”

“But, what if I blow it up? What if they make fun of me?”

“Don't be so negative. You won't blow it up and they won't make fun of you. They are just kids. Comedy works very well for them if you pretend that you meant to do that if something goes wrong.”

“Do you think it will work?” Rarity nodded. “Okay… thanks, beautiful. What would I do without you?”

“You perfectly know that answer, dear.”

“Trixie, the guests enjoy magic, especially if they don't see the horn doing the trick.” Sweetie Belle said, trying to encourage Trixie more, which seemed to work because the magician pony smiled wider.

“Thank you, Sweetie Belle. I will give my best performance yet!”

A few minutes later, they arrived to Button Mash’s home. It was decorated for the occasion; balloons sticked to the door and a sign in the front door which read Button’s birthday party!. They stood by the door, but Trixie stopped her hoof inches away from it.

“Trixie-boo?” Rarity was worried. Trixie took a deep breath and released it moments later.

“I’m ready.” The showmare said and knocked on the door. Just as Trixie put her hoof back to the floor, the door opened and Button Mash’s mother was on the other side.

“Oh, good afternoon! I was expecting you.” The light brown pony said as she let them inside, leaving the wagon outside. The theme of the party was, of course, video games.

Sweetie Belle looked around in awe. “I love the decorations! But, where’s Button?” The filly excitedly asked.

“Oh, he’s at the garden, next to...” Button’s mother couldn’t finish her sentence. Sweetie Belle rushed to the garden. “What a nice filly. I’m glad that Button has friends like her.”

“Sweetie Belle loves to hang out with him.” Rarity commented as she and Trixie were directed to the garden.

“More like, loves to be with him.” Trixie whispered into Rarity’s year. Making the later smile more.

“Trixie Lulamoon, right?”

The magician pony nodded. "You can just call me Trixie."

“Alright, Trixie, the stage is over there.” The earth pony said as she pointed to a stage in the garden. “What do you say if you start the show in about twenty minutes? Is that enough time to get yourself ready?”

“More than enough, thank you, miss.”

“My pleasure. Thanks again for doing this in such a short notice.” Trixie nodded and Button Mash’s mother went to the kitchen, taking chips to fill the bowls in the garden.

Rarity gazed at Trixie and it was returned.

“So...” The fashionista began before Trixie finished her sentence.

“Yes. We better get ready.” The couple walked back to bring the wagon to the back of the stage. All the guests watched amazed as they did it.

“That’s a good sign.” Rarity commented once they arrived.

“Yes. I have never received that reaction before...” Trixie said as she took everything out.

“Never? Not even in your first shows?”

Trixie shook her head. “I was used to it back then. I love doing magic in front of a crowd, but, I rarely got positive comments.”

“Why did you keep performing then?”

“What else was I supposed to do? It was the only way I could get bits legally. I didn’t want to start robbing ponies!”

Rarity hugged Trixie from behind. “My poor Trixie...” She said with sadness.

Trixie put one of her forelegs on one of Rarity’s hooves and smiled. “Don’t worry about it, Rarity, it’s in the past now.”

“I know. But no matter how much I know about you, I keep feeling bad every time you tell me something like this.”

The blue Unicorn chuckled. “You worry too much… that’s one of the things I love from you.”

Rarity smiled. Her eyes were closed “Of course you do.”

“Rarity, beautiful...”

“Hmm?” The fashionista still had her eyes closed, enjoying the embrace.

“I-I need to take my stuff out to get ready, and, I need my...”

“Oh, right!” Rarity said as she let her marefriend hoof go, blushing. “My apologies.” In that moment, a Unicorn colt appeared.

“E-Excuse me...” Both mares turned to where the voice came from and they saw him nervous. Trixie smiled warmly and approached to him.

“Yes? Don't be shy, you can speak to me.” Trixie said in a nice tone.

The young Unicorn opened and closed his mouth, not being able to form any word. Trixie was patient until he finally got the courage to speak. “A-Are you a magician? You are going to perform now?”

Trixie nodded. “I'll be ready to perform in a few minutes.” The colt grinned and left galloping from where he arrived.

Rarity walked next to Trixie after he left. “What a cutie! He was probably sent by his friends.”

Trixie smiled and looked at her. “Maybe. We better get everything ready, we don’t want to keep them waiting.”

Twenty minutes later, Button Mash, Sweetie Belle, all the guests and their parents were in front of the stage, ready for the show. The curtains moved and everypony happily stomped the ground. Moments later, a small explosion happened in the middle of the stage, showing Trixie when the smoke dissipated.

“Thank you, thank you! Welcome to Trixie's Magic Spectacular!” Trixie received even more cheers, which filled her heart with joy. “Before I start, I want to wish Button Mash a happy birthday. I hope that you enjoy the show!” The gamer colt nodded excitedly; eager for the show to come. “For my first trick, I will make a goldfish to transport between fish bowls right in front of you!” As Trixie spoke, Rarity pushed a table with wheels with the goldfish in its fishbowl to the center of the stage and a fishbowl with only water, covered by a similar cape which Trixie uses. Trixie trotted to them. “Thank you, Rarity.” The fashionista smiled and stood next to the table, looking at the guests. She soon found Sweetie Belle among them since she was waving at her.

“That’s my big sister!” Rarity waved back at her, giggling a bit. Meanwhile, Trixie removed her cape and used it to completely cover the fish bowl with only water before turning to her spectator again. Trixie revealed the hidden bowl to show that it only had water.

“Notice that my horn is hidden and I will not use it. My assistant won’t either, you can watch her, shall you not trust her!” Rarity turned her head to glare at her marefriend after she said that and received a wink in return. “Now, everypony, count to three.” All the kids and their parents slowly plausibly counted to three and Trixie removed her cape to reveal an empty fish bowl. She then removed the other cape and the goldfish was swimming there. Cheers and stomps on the ground where heard. Trixie smiled widely and a tear of happiness escaped from one of her eyes. She quickly cleared it with one of her hooves but Rarity noticed it. Trixie, then, turned to face the spectators again. “Thank you… thank you! Now, for my next trick, I will need a volunteer...”

***

Hours later, after the birthday party was over, Rarity and Trixie were walking back Carousel Boutique. Sweetie Belle insisted on staying to help with the cleanse. Both of them were pulling the wagon.

“Trixie, my darling, you were fabulous!”

“Thanks, beautiful. I missed the sound of cheers and the feeling of being loved by the spectators. I’m glad that I didn’t mess it up.”

Rarity kissed her on one of her cheeks. “The new name to your show is so fitting. I really love it! Why didn’t you tell me before?”

“Because I came up with it two minutes before performing.” Trixie sheepishly said, causing Rarity to facehoof.

“You were about to appear on stage without having a name for your show?!”

“Kind of...”

“Kind of? Trixie!”

“Rarity!” The fancy Unicorn filled her cheeks with air before releasing it.

“What were you going to say if you didn’t think of anything.”

“Welcome to the magic show?” Rarity facehoofed again. “What?”

“That sounds extremely unprofessional...”

“So?” Trixie confusedly asked. It wasn’t a clever move.

“So?! Trixie, don’t you remember that this can be an opportunity? Parents and other adults were there, watching you. They could be potential clients!”

“Oh… yeah, I forgot about that.” Trixie giggled. “Thank Luna I came up with something then!”

Rarity shook her head. “Yes, thank Luna.” Rarity, then, smiled and nuzzled Trixie’s neck with her head. Trixie sighed happily. “You know, I will finish the big order today, so, I will be free tomorrow...”

“Tomorrow night? I have to do something tomorrow afternoon...”

“Yes, sounds perfect. What will you be doing…?”

“Rarity, I can’t tell you… please, it’s a secret.”Trixie seriously said, causing Rarity to sigh.

“But...” Trixie gazed at her still with a serious look which Rarity quickly understood. “Fine, I will wait.”

“Thank you.”

The rest of the way was silent. When they arrived, Rarity gave Trixie a vague goodbye and headed to her door.

Trixie quickly trotted to her. “Rarity, I’m not mad at you if that’s what you’re thinking.” The white pony only nodded. She didn’t look back “Look at me...” Rarity slowly turned to see Trixie. The blue Unicorn put her forelegs on Rarity’s withers. “I love you, with all my heart. You don’t have to worry, I’m not seeing anypony behind your back, I would never do something like that...”

“I know, Trixie, I love you too...”

Trixie gave Rarity a peck on her lips. “Dress formal, beautiful. I have made reservations in a fancy restaurant. I’ll see you tomorrow, and, sleep well tonight.”

“You too. I’m looking forward to our date....” Trixie walked to her wagon, but Rarity called her. “Wait, you have already made reservations?”

Trixie smiled at her marefriend. “I had the hunch that you would be available to celebrate tomorrow night.” Rarity smiled and watched how Trixie left with the wagon to Fluttershy’s cottage. Her smile disappeared and entered her home before closing the door with a slam.

“What were you thinking, Rarity?! You knew that you shouldn’t have asked that! I’m so stupid sometimes!” She panted until she calmed down and walked upstaris, to her workshop. “You better keep your mouth shut tomorrow night. I have to find a good dress.”

***

The next night arrived. Rarity didn’t go to sleep until she was absolutely sure she had the right dress. Five minutes after applying her make up, somepony knocked on her front door.

It was Trixie.

“You look… gorgeous, Rarity.” Trixie said as soon as she took a full look at her, blushing.

“Trixie-boo, your cheeks keeps turning red.” Rarity teased her as she got closer to her.

“I-I can’t help it, you’re just...”

“I’m not complaining...” The fancy Unicorn seductively said, gazing at her marefriend before kissing her. “You look splendid...” Rarity whispered, amazed by her date's look.

“My lady, my legs are shaking. I will fall if they continue and I don’t want to get my dress dirty.”

The fashionista giggled. “Then, we better go before that happens.” They began their way to the restaurant, walking close to each other as usual.

“Somepony is using the perfume I gifted her in Hearth Warming Eve.” Trixie commented after she sniffed Rarity's scent.

“I am. I told you that I would use it on special occasions, dinner to celebrate your successful return counts as one.” Trixie smiled. Rarity smiled back at her, but her smile soon changed to an ashamed one. “Trixie-boo, I want to apologize again for my behavior yesterday, I...”

“Rarity, please, let it go. I told you that I’m not mad.”

“But, I acted very stupid, and...” Trixie stopped flat and put her forelegs on Rarity’s withers. She looked at her with a mixture of anger and seriousness.

“Don’t ever call yourself that, Rarity. Don’t even use that word. I hate it! I have been called that my whole life, especially by...!” Trixie looked away and fell silent. She can’t know about him, she must never find out that I had-

“Especially by who, Trixie…?” Rarity sounded sad.

The blue Unicorn stared back at her marefriend again. “N-Nevermind. Promise me that you won’t use that word ever again.”

“Yes, I promise, but...” Rarity was interrupted by a sudden hug.

“Thank you. Now, come on, we must continue.” Rarity nodded before following Trixie.

She completely ignored my question. Ugh! Calm down, Rarity, if it is important you will find out in one way or another. But she’s keeping too many secrets from me lately. No! Just, smile and enjoy your date. They eventually made it to their restaurant. Trixie said her name and they were allowed in. This restaurant in particular had a dance floor, and the couple sat next to it. “Trixie, I love this place. I was here only once but I don’t remember much of that night.”

“Really? How so?”

“I was just a little filly and with basic knowledge of speaking. My parents brought me with them on their date because they couldn't find a foalsitter and the restaurant doesn’t allows cancellation. How did you get one?”

“Will you believe me if I tell you that I have my charm?”

“Did it work on our first date?”

Trixie giggled. “You’re right. I actually made a reservation last week.”

“And you asked me out yesterday? What if I said no?”

“Did you?” Rarity gazed at her date, quickly falling under Trixie’s charm.

“You know me so well.” The white pony reached out her forelegs to Trixie and she took them with her own and they got lost into each other’s eyes."Trixie-boo?" Rarity spoke after a few moments of silence.

"Hmm?" They were both speaking low.

"This date is to celebrate your successful return, you got the job three days ago."

"That's right."

"But you just told me that you have made the reservations a week ago. Can you look into the future?"

Trixie chuckled. "A coincidence, my lady. Do you always have to ruin the ambience."

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." Nothing else was said until they got attended by a waitress.

“Welcome and thank you for choosing us. Please, take your time to study the menu. I’ll be back when you have decided.”

“Thank you.” Trixie said before revising the menu, but she noticed that she was being watched. She lowered the menu and noticed that Rarity was still gazing at her.

“Rarity.”

“Hmm?”

“The menu?”

“What? Oh, right!” Rarity blushed deeply and hid her face behind the menu. Trixie smiled and glanced at hers. Once they have decided, they called the waitress and made their orders. She left and returned three minutes later with champagne and two glasses, filled them and left again. “How was your day, my darling?”

“Oh, it was a good day actually. When I was returning to the cottage after working with Pinkie Pie, a stallion was waiting for me outside. He liked my magic show and wanted me to perform on his son’s birthday.”

“See? I told you it would be an opportunity.” Rarity commented before taking a sip of her champagne.

“Yeah. I think that I’m going to charge the half which Button Mash’s mom payed me. I didn't like when he flirted with me, though...”

Rarity spat the drink on her date as soon as she heard the last. “H-He what?!” All eyes were on them.

“My apologies, everypony, please, continue with your meals!" Everypony returned to their dishes. The blue Unicorn turned to Rarity again. “Rarity, please, don’t yell like that or they will kick us out.”

“B-But, how… how could you say that like if it was nothing?!” The fancy Unicorn kept her voice down, but it was hard because she was angry.

“What, that he flirted with me? Because it was nothing! I didn’t think that you would take it so seriously...”

“How not to take it seriously?!” Rarity raised her voice too much and Trixie made her signs to make her turn her voice down." Somepony flirted at MY mare! No pony does that but me!”

“Rarity, hearing that makes me happy but, there is no need to be so jealous. My heart has only place for you, my eyes are just for you, and no pony else.” The fashionista calmed down as Trixie spoke: she began breathing slowly and her anger faded. She blushed and looked down at her hooves when Trixie took them with hers again. “I told him that I’m already in a happy relationship with a wonderful pony. I'm not capable of leaving you. It would be like throwing a diamond to take a regular rock. I love you with all my heart, with all my being. I mean it. You made me the pony I am now and I will be forever thankful for that.”

Rarity smiled and her cheeks burned more. She had to fight to not to pass out. “No, you wouldn’t do that… I know that you wouldn’t but, I can’t help being jealous. I don’t want to lose you, I wouldn’t be able to smile ever again if I do...”

Trixie caressed one of Rarity’s cheeks. “You won’t lose me. Trixie will be there for you, always...”

“Trixie-boo, I wish I could kiss you right now, but it is against the restaurant policy to show too much affection.”

“Then save them for after dinner. Do you think you can do it?”

“I will try...” The couple didn’t want to stop gazing at each other’s eyes, not let their hooves go. But, sadly, the waitress came back with their orders and they were forced to do so.

“Bon apetit, my lady.” The blue Unicorn said before starting to eat. Rarity smiled at her once again before she started to eat.

“Oh, my darling, look at your mouth!” Rarity commented in the middle of the meal. She magically took the napkin from the table and cleaned Trixie’s mouth. “There, clean.”

“Thank you, mom.” Trixie jokingly said.

“Are you calling me old? That’s not what a lady wants to hear.” Rarity pretended to be offended.

“No, Rarity, I didn’t mean that, it was a… why are you laughing?”

“I was just playing with you, I’m not mad.” Trixie smiled and giggled a bit before taking a sip from her champagne. “But, in all seriousness, you met my parents. When am I going to meet yours?” It was Trixie’s turn to spit the drink on her date. “Trixie!” The white pony exclaimed as she cleaned her dress.

“I’m sorry, but I wasn’t expecting that question.”

“You weren’t expecting it? Trixie, we are on a serious relationship, it's obvious that I would want to meet your parents one day.”

“I don’t know. To be honest, I was hoping that you would never ask me that.”

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t want to go back to Unicorn Hills. I have too many bad memories there.”

“You’re from Unicorn Hills? From what I heard, that's a town exclusively for Unicorns very far from here, you have no choice but to take a long train ride to get here from there.”

“I know. I walked all the way here, from town to town, earning a few bits to get by. Ponyville was supposed to be just another town, I didn’t expect it would change my life like it did.”

“Trixie, why are you still keeping parts of your life from me… don’t you trust me?”

“No, no, no, Rarity, is not that. You’re the pony I trust the most. I tell you things about my life that our friends don’t know.”

“Then, why is there so much your life I still don’t know?” Rarity pouted and stared at Trixie’s eyes with sadness. Trixie decided not to keep anything else to herself.

It was time to tell the truth.

“Because I don’t want you to know.” Rarity was now confused besides sad. Trixie sensed the tears about to come so she explained herself better. “We can both agree that my life wasn’t the best. The saddest part you know about me can be considered a happy memory with the ones I’m keeping from you. I want to protect you from those memories.”

“But, Trixie, I can take it...”

“I don’t. I can’t take seeing you sad when it has to do with something of my past, I want it to stay in my past. Please, Rarity, I can tell you anything you want. But if I say no, it means no.”

Rarity closed her eyes and looked down. Silence ruled a few seconds, until she finally spoke. “Alright.” she raised her head and looked at her date again. “I'll try not to insist too much. I understand what you’re saying. I wouldn’t be a good marefriend if I keep pushing you.”

Trixie smiled and stood up to caress one of Rarity’s cheek. “You’re the best marefriend a pony could possibly ask. I’m glad that you understand.”

“Of course! I just needed to hear an explanation.” Trixie sat on her place again, happy for escaping the visit to her hometown.. “But I still want to meet your parents.” Or, that’s what she thought.

“Rarity...”

“No, I need to. At least a short visit. I promise I won’t ask you to go back to your hometown again. Please, Trixie, just this once...” Rarity used her best weapon on her marefriend, her puppy eyes.

Trixie couldn’t say no to that face. “Beautiful, please, not that face… fine, we’ll go just once.”

The fashionista grinned. “That’s all I'm asking, thank you, my darling.”

“You’re lucky that I love you.”

“No, you are lucky that I love you.” Both ponies giggled and ate the rest of their dishes, occasionally feeding each other.

“This was a marvelous dinner, Trixie-boo. Shall we share the bill this time?”

“Not just yet. I have one more surprise for you, my lady.”

“Really?”

Trixie nodded. “We sat next to the dance floor for a reason...”

“Oh?” Just as she gasped, like if Trixie had everything planned, Tango played. All the couples headed to the dance floor. Trixie reached out a hoof to Rarity who gladly took it. Trixie lead her date to the center of the dance floor and danced with her, with no mistakes. “Trixie-boo, where did you learn to dance like this?”

“That's a story for another day. Just focus on me...” Trixie magically levitated a rose from a nearby table and put it in Rarity’s mouth. Rarity looked at Trixie's eyes as they danced. For them, They were alone on the dance floor. Nothing else mattered. They didn’t break contact for a second. Not even after the music ended. After dancing, they payed and Trixie took Rarity back to her home. No pony spoke. When they arrived, Rarity walked to her door, turned, and kissed Trixie with passion. The kiss was immediately returned and they put their forelegs on their usual spots. A kiss turned into two, then into three, four, five… several minutes later, Trixie pulled away. “I should be going now...” She whispered, her eyes barely opened.

“No, stay...” Rarity said, gazing at Trixie with bedroom eyes and with one of her forelegs on one of Trixie’s cheek. Trixie quickly got the message and smiled. Rarity opened her front door and Trixie carried her to her bedroom to live yet another magical night.

Author's Note:

Aww, aren’t they cute? They are in love! Well, duh! :pinkiehappy:
And, now, Trixie’s parents will meet Rarity. How will be their reunion with Trixie? Find out soon! :raritywink:
My country invented Tango, that’s right, I’m Argentinian. Surprised? Anyway, most Argentinians dislike it, me included :twilightblush:
Bonus! Click on "Attire" near the beginning of this chapter to see what's Rarity wearing :raritywink:
SonicTheEchidna revised this.