• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 12,560 Views, 481 Comments

My Lady, My Love, My Life - MysteriousStranger



Several months after Trixie and Rarity became a couple, they must now face new challenges to mantain their relationship and make their bond stronger.

  • ...
15
 481
 12,560

A Second Chance

“Ahá, I knew it!” Twilight triumphantly exclaimed. “Now, all we have to do…”

“Is to wait, Twi.” Fluttershy interrupted. “She looked really nervous when she silenced the birdies. She clearly doesn’t want to tell us.”

“I know, I know. But, this is just so intriguing, if only we...”

“No, Twilight! You promised not to follow her!” Twilight’s ears raised and then fell when Fluttershy raised her voice. Fluttershy noticed it and looked down, blocking her face with her hair, ashamed. “Oh. I’m sorry, Twilight, I didn’t mean to…”

“It’s okay, Shy, you did the right thing. You don’t need to apologize.”

The timid pony shook her head. “I yelled at you, I shouldn't have done it.”

Twilight walked closer to her marefriend and put one of her forelegs on Fluttershy’s chin and lifted her head to make their eyes meet. The Pegasus was surprised to see that Twilight was smiling. “Don’t feel bad about it. I’m not hurt, really. You saw that I was going to do something bad and you stopped me. You should be proud of yourself.”

Fluttershy blushed and smiled. “Twi, you’re so sweet. I love you.” Twilight chuckled before getting lost on the cyan eyes she so much loved. She gazed deeply into Fluttershy’s eyes and realized that she still had her hoof under Fluttershy’s chin. She used it to slowly move her love closer and softly plant her lips on hers as they closed their eyes. A few moments later, the Unicorn tried to pull away but Fluttershy kissed her deeply, wrapping her forelegs around Twilight’s neck. After kissing for a few minutes, Fluttershy finally let Twilight go.

“Woah, Shy, you don’t normally kiss me like that.” Twilight said as she recovered. The Pegasus just blushed as she smiled while she also recovered. Seconds later, the door opened and Spike came in.

“Here’s the quill you needed, Twilight.” The baby dragon said with no emotion whatsoever.

“Put it on the table.” Twilight coldly said. Spike huffed, put the quill where he was asked to and went to the kitchen. Fluttershy was confused.

“That was harsh...”

“I’m mad at him. He yelled at Trixie.” Twilight said with seriousness.

“Oh, yeah... She told me about that, but she asked me not to say anything to not cause him problems.”

“She did? That’s really noble of her.”

“You sound surprised, Twilight. She has been like this for around ten months”

Twilight giggled. “I know, it’s just that she’s almost irreconocible. I remember when she told me that she wasn’t interested in relationships back then, and, the next day, she asked me to help her to confess her feelings to Rarity. I will never forget her face when she told me the truth.”

“You know what love is capable of. I’m sure that, whatever she’s doing with the critters in secret, will make Rarity extremely happy. Their anniversary is close.”

Twilight nodded. “But ours is closer.”

“Oh, that’s right! Remember, I don’t mind if it isn’t fancy.”

“I was thinking about a picnic on our special place, while stargazing.”

“That sounds perfect.” They got lost in each other’s eyes again, but Fluttershy, glanced at the clock. “Trixie! I'm sorry, Twi, I have to go back.”

“Have fun, Shy.”

Fluttershy gave Twilight a peck on her lips. “And, Twilight...”

“Yes?”

“I know that Spike did something wrong, but don’t be too harsh on him.” The Pegasus whispered before leaving. Twilight sat on her spot after the door closed, thinking on what her marefriend just told her.

“Spike, Come here!” Spike ran from the kitchen to where Twilight was and saw her looking at him, she was looking serious again.

“Yes?”

“Come closer.” Spike obeyed, fearing whatever the Unicorn was thinking. However, she didn’t yelled at him. To his surprise, she hugged him. “You need to control your temper, Spike. I know you have problems with her, but you need to stop treating her like that.”

The baby dragon began to cry. “I'm trying, but only hate words come from my mouth… I can’t help it, no matter what I do, I keep hating Trixie...”

“You should have told me so before, I can help you.”

“I’m sorry, Twilight, I really am...”

***

Three hours later, Rarity was still sewing. She didn’t take any break and didn’t realize what time was it until she looked at the clock.

“Oh, no! I’m supposed to meet Fluttershy at the spa in five minutes! I’ll be late!” Rarity galloped outside her boutique and headed towards the spa, arriving ten minutes later. She saw Fluttershy already there, reading a magazine. “I’m really sorry for being late, Fluttershy, I was working so hard that I didn’t notice the time.”

Fluttershy smiled at her best friend. ”It’s fine, Rarity. You’re here now and we can start our session.” Rarity nodded and they both went to tell the receptionist that they were ready for their usual session. As time passed, they catched up. Rarity still needed to know what happened during the month she was in Canterlot. They were now in the steam room.

“We spent a lot of time with Trixie. I saw her laying on my couch for hours with her chin on the armchair, sad like a dog who misses their owner. I took her outside with our friends.”

Rarity giggled. “My Trixie-boo, she’s so needy sometimes. Did it work?”

“Well, she still missed you, of course, but, she smiled and laughed. Mostly because of Pinkie, she always know what to do.”

“I’m glad to hear that. Thank you for helping her.” Fluttershy replied with a smile.

Once the session was over, the mares were ready to leave when the receptionist stopped them.

“Wait, please! I have something for Miss Rarity.” The receptionist said as she approached the duo with a bouquet of Lilies. “A mare left this for you.”

Rarity received the gift, blushing and smiling. “Thank you.” The receptionist smiled and returned to her station. Fluttershy and Rarity left the spa. “I’ll see you tomorrow, darling, I have to put these on water.”

“Okay. Seeing those reminded me that I must bake some cookies for Twilight. Goodbye.” They hugged and went on their own separate ways.

Rarity walked back home, levitating the flowers close to her so she could smell them. You’re so romantic, Trixie… sending me flowers even when there isn’t an occasion for them… Once Rarity arrived her home, she quickly put the lilies in a Flower’s pot she had in the kitchen specifically for Trixie's flowers. She admired them until the front door opened not long after. She heard familiar voices.

“I’m sure that you’ll be fine, Trixie! You have experience!” Sweetie Belle excitedly said.

“I do, but, with adult ponies! I don’t have anything prepared for...” Trixie stopped when she saw her marefriend emerging from the kitchen.

“What are you two talking about?” Rarity asked with curiosity.

“Come on, tell her, Trixie!” The filly encouraged the worried Unicorn by patting her on one of her forelegs. Trixie took a deep breath and released it before speaking.

“I’m… the show of Button Mash’s birthday party...”

“Really?” The fancy Unicorn was confused. “How did that happen?”

“Ask your sister.” Trixie said, clearly faking anger.

“It was just an idea!” Sweetie Belle defended herself. “Button’s mom told me that she didn’t have entertainment for the guests to his birthday party. I was with Trixie and I recommended her!”

“What were you two doing?” Rarity asked.

“I was coming here after playing with Scootaloo and Apple Bloom and I saw Trixie so I decided to come with her. We met Button’s mom on the way here.”

“Sweetie Belle… You should have asked Trixie if it was okay for her, first...”

“I’m sorry, I really thought she wouldn’t mind.”

“I don’t.” Trixie quickly said. “But, you still should have asked me, especially when his birthday is the day after tomorrow.”

“So soon?!” The fashionista got worried. “Will you be ready?”

“I don’t know. I better think on something fast or I will ruin the birthday! I'm sorry, Rarity. I wanted to spend some time with you, but...”

“Are you kidding? I’ll help you!”

“Really? But, your order...”

“Don’t worry about that, I’m almost done.”

“If that’s the case… I’ll be glad to accept your help.”

“Oh, can I help too?” Sweetie Belle asked with excitement.

“I’’m afraid not, Sweetie Belle.” Trixie said with a smile. “I don’t want to ruin the show for any of the guests, and you’re a guest.”

“Aww...”

Rarity giggled. “Sweetie Belle. Since I won’t be here...”

“I know. Go to Fluttershy’s and ask her to accompany me to our parents’ home.”

The fashionista smiled. “Good filly.”

“I'm not a dog!” Rarity giggled once again, this time, Trixie joined her. The tree ponies left the boutique and walked together until they had to split. The filly hugged the mares before leaving.

“So, what’s the plan, Trixie-boo?” Rarity asked once they were alone and linked tails, starting to walk.

“First, we must go to the magic shop. All of my magician equipment were destroyed after my last show...”

“Oh...you never told me what happened exactly...”

“Because, at first, I didn’t want to tell you my personal life, then, I didn’t want you to feel more pity for me.”

Rarity nuzzled cheeks with her marefriend. “My darling, feel free to tell me everything. Yes, I feel pity for you, it is natural because I love you.”

Trixie looked at her, smiling. “I love you too. Thank you, beautiful.”

Rarity closed her eyes, smiling, before both of them looked in front of them again. “Trixie...?”

“Hmm?”

“Do you promise to tell me everything? I don't want to feel like you are keeping something from me. Don't worry, I'm not asking you to reveal me where do you go every month.”

Trixie thought for a few moments before looking at Rarity, smiling warmly. “I promise.”

The fashionista sighed in relief. “Thank you.” However, Trixie was thinking something else.

I'm sorry, Rarity, but there's something you must never learn about my past...

Eventually, they made it to the magic shop and Trixie bought everything she needed. They payed half and half.

“Okay, that's done.” Trixie said once they were out the shop. “Now, we need somewhere to practice.”

“The secret prairie. Come on, Trixie-boo, we have much to practice!” Rarity excitedly said as she trotted faster.

“Wait up, Rarity, the cart is heavy!” They walked close to each other to the secret place. “Thank you for helping me to pay this, Rarity.”

“Don’t worry about it, my darling, I’m glad they had a package with discount. It wasn’t that expensive. What I don't understand, though, is why you decided not to buy the box to cut in half.”

“Oh, no, no...” Trixie scaredly said. “I don’t like that one. It needs more assistants and it’s really dangerous! I won’t put you on risk.”

“Really? But, I trust you...”

“I said no, Rarity, and that’s final!” Rarity got frightened by Trixie’s sudden change of mood. The blue Unicorn yelled angry. Then, she looked down, feeling bad. “I’m sorry, Rarity, I didn’t want to yell at you… It’s just… you have to understand that the cutting in half trick is too dangerous and can cause death if it isn’t done right… I have read papers where magicians accidentally killed somepony for performing it wrong… and the assistants were experts.”

The fancy Unicorn thought on what her marefriend just said before approaching her. “Trixie, I-I didn’t know that, I’m sorry… look at me...” Trixie slowly raised her head and met Rarity’s warm smile. “I won’t suggest anything dangerous again. I’ll listen to you.”

Trixie recovered her smile. “Thanks...” They nuzzled their cheeks.

“We better get to work...”

“Oh, yeah!” Trixie blushed and opened one of the boxes. “This is my second chance, so I have to do it perfectly. Let’s start simple, to warm up...”

“Alright.” Rarity watched as Trixie took a deck of cards and showed them to her.

“Pick a card.”

Author's Note:

Will Trixie be ready for Button Mash’s birthday party? You'll find out on the next chapter! :twilightsmile:
I had a conversation once with one of my friends about magician tricks performed wrong, which inspired me a bit for this chapter. I really wouldn't want to be there when a trick goes wrong… :rainbowderp:
My proofreader wasn't available as you might have noticed, so, my apologizes for any inconvenience :fluttershysad:
Don't forget to comment! :twilightsmile:
Edit: SonicTheEchidna revised the chapter.