• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 12,563 Views, 481 Comments

My Lady, My Love, My Life - MysteriousStranger



Several months after Trixie and Rarity became a couple, they must now face new challenges to mantain their relationship and make their bond stronger.

  • ...
15
 481
 12,563

Trixie's Secret

When Princess Celestia’s sun raised the following morning, Rarity woke up first. She yawned and tried to sit up, but she found herself unable to do so due to being held tight by Trixie, who was snoring softly and peacefully.

Trixie, you look so cute! But it is time to wake up. I’m sorry, but it is morning already. Rarity thought before slowly leaning to Trixie’s cheek, kissing it. “My darling, time to wake up.” Rarity whispered.

“I don’t wanna...” Trixie sounded like a filly, which made Rarity giggle a bit.

“Come on, now. I’ll make you a delicious breakfast.”

“Bring it here...”

“If you don’t get up now, I won’t cook you anything.” Rarity firmly said, making her marefriend sigh and sit up.

“Fine, I’m awake… Mph!” Rarity kissed Trixie out of nowhere. The blue Unicorn was obviously caught off guard; her eyes opened wide and her forelegs were kept in midair. After a few seconds, Rarity softly pulled away.

“Now you’re fully awake.” The fancy Unicorn said, seductively looking at the pony before her.

“Y-Yeah...” The magician pony was lost in the kiss. “I’ll go to the dining table immediately, my lady.” She added as she got up and walked to the door like if she was mind controlled.

Rarity put a hoof on her mouth to prevent more giggles from escaping. “You’re so manipulable, Trixie. I must not abuse this.” The fashionista said to herself before getting up and going to the kitchen.

After breakfast, Trixie got ready to leave to Fluttershy’s cottage.

“I have some stuff to do, so, I must go.” Trixie said before attempting to open the door.

“Wait! No goodbye hug?” Rarity said as she approached her marefriend.

“Of course!” Just as Trixie opened her forelegs, Rarity squeezed her into a hug.

“Will I be seeing you later today?”

“I'm sorry, beautiful, but I don’t think I will be available today.”

The white pony moved her head to see Trixie’s face. “Again? You have been busy even before I left for a month. What are you doing all day?”

“I can’t tell you.” The showmare said before putting one of her hooves on one of Rarity’s cheek. “Be patient, okay? You will know at its time.”

Rarity nodded, but she didn't seem happy. “I’ll see you tomorrow, then.”

Trixie kissed her cheek. “Believe me, it will be worth the wait.”

“I trust you, Trixie. Just, be careful, yes?”

“I will.” Trixie smiled and opened the door, not looking away from her marefriend. “I love you.”

“Trixie!” Trixie recognized that voice very well. She turned to find Rarity’s younger sister, smiling from side to side. The filly wasted no more time and hugged the blue mare. “I love you too.” Then, Sweetie Belle saw her sister. “Rarity!” The young Unicorn jumped on her sister. “You’re back! I missed you.”

“I missed you too, Sweetie. I was wondering when would you come to visit me.”

“I’m here!”

“I must go now. It was nice to see you again, Sweetie.” Trixie said, smiling warmly.

“You’re leaving already? But I just got here!” Sweetie Belle sadly said.

“Sorry, but I have some business to take care of. Goodbye!” The magician pony waved at them as she left. Once the door was closed, Rarity’s smile faded and was replaced by a suspicious look.

Where is she going? Ever since Spring started, she has been disappearing three days per month. What is she planning?

“Sis?”

Rarity blinked several times and she was out of her trance. “Oh, y-yes, Sweetie?”

Sweetie Belle smiled. “How was your trip?”

***

“That was the last book, Twi!” Spike proudly said as he removed his sweat from his forehead with one of his claws.

“Great! I decree that the library’s reorganization of this year is completed!” Twilight exclaimed as she modified her checklist.

“Why do we have to reorganize the library every year? It’s exhausting!”

“Because it forces everypony to look for their favorite genres, making them to look around the library more and possibly finding a new favorite genre.”

“Does that work?”

“Believe me, it does.” The Unicorn proudly said. “You earned your day off, Spike.”

“Sweet! I think that I’m going to see Pinkie Pie! I want some cupcakes with gems!”

“Okay! But don’t eat too much sweets, remember what happened last time...”

“I know, you don’t need to remind me.” The baby dragon said as he got ready to open the door. “I’ll be back by lunch!” He then opened the door. “Oh, hi Fluttershy!”

“Hello, Spike. Are you going somewhere?”

“To visit Pinkie Pie. Bye!”

“Have fun!” After waving at the baby dragon, Fluttershy entered the library and closed the door. “Good morning, Twi.”

“Good morning, Shy!” Twilight greeted her marefriend with a peck on her lips. “Did you sleep well?”

“I did, thank you." Fluttershy said with a smile. However, it soon faded to be replaced with concern. "Twilight, it happened again.”

“Do you mean...?”

“Yes. Trixie’s gone again. As usual, she left a note saying that she would be away for a few hours.”

“She has been doing this for months, three days per month…!” Twilight began to pace around the room, thinking out loud while Fluttershy remained sitting, watching her. “Where can she possibly be going? And what is she doing there? If only we followed her...”

“No, Twilight, we have to respect her privacy. If she wanted us to know...”

“She would tell us, I know. But I still wonder what can be so important to keep as a secret, even to Rarity...”

“Maybe she’s preparing a surprise for her?”

“That’s a possibility. But she has already told me that she considers me her best friend and she didn't even tell me.”

“Then, it may be a surprise to all of us.”

“But she has been doing this for months! Ugh!” Twilight took a hoof to her head. The shy Pegasus quickly trotted towards her and put one of her own forelegs on her wither.

“Are you alright?”

“Yes… I just got a headache for thinking too much.”

“You have to let this go. She will tell us when she’s ready. Try to keep your mind busy with something else.”

“Yes, you’re right…" Twilight said before recovering her smile. "We should go out! I’ll keep you company while you feed the forest critters.”

“That sounds great! But, before we go...”

“Yes?” Twilight asked with concern.

“Can I… use the bathroom?” Fluttershy asked, blushing of embarrassment.

“Oh, sure!”

“Thank you!” Fluttershy hurried to the bathroom and returned to Twilight once she was done. They walked close to each other and with their tails intertwined towards the forest.

“How have things been going with the forest critters?” Twilight asked with curiosity.

“They are adorable as always! Some of them appear to be more happy than they normally are lately. I often hear birds singing wonderful melodies, which I have never heard before.”

“Really? I hope I can hear them today.”

“I’m hoping so, which is why we’re going to where they normally appear.”

“Good idea, Fluttershy! Have you tried to ask them where they learned those melodies?”

“Birds don’t talk, Twilight.” The yellow pony jokingly said.

“You know what I meant, Shy.”

Fluttershy giggled. “I have tried, but they seem to be so fascinated that they don’t hear me. They go straight to their nests so following them didn’t help either.”

“More mystery… wait, how long has this been happening?” Twilight suddenly asked.

“A few months… wait, are you suggesting that Trixie’s disappearances and birds singing strange, yet, wonderful melodies are connected?”

“We can’t discard the possibility. If we solve one mystery, we might solve both.”

“How are we going to solve them, Twilight?”

“I don’t know. For now, I want you to keep a close eye on your critter friends.”

“I will.” The couple soon arrived at their destination. Many critters greeted them and brought flowers to them. “Oh, you’re so nice, Mr. Squirrel.” The shy Pegasus said as she stroked the head of the squirrel. A bird flew to Twilight’s head and rested on it.

“How are your chicks?” The bird tweeted happily. “Really? There’s a newborn? Congratulations! You must be so happy!” The bird nodded and Twilight put some seeds that Fluttershy gave her on the ground. “For your family, remember to share!”

“You’re really good, Twi.” Fluttershy congratulated her marefriend as she saw the bird take the seeds and fly to its nest.

“I had a good teacher.” The librarian said, gazing at Fluttershy, who blushed slightly.

“They really love you, and you said that they would never do.”

“It was hard at first! I don’t have that magical voice of yours.”

“You just needed practice.”

“Yes… I’m glad that you convinced me to do this. We can spend more time together now.”

“Thank you for accepting my offer, Twi.” Fluttershy approached her marefriend and rubbed her neck with her head.

Twilight surrounded the Pegasus with her forelegs as she happily sighed. “You know? I don’t care if I don’t hear those wonderful melodies you were talking about. I’m spending great time right now, only you and the critters...”

“Me too… what’s better than being with the pony you love?”

“Nothing… absolutely nothing...” Fluttershy snuggled more against Twilight and the Unicorn kissed her forehead.

Between us, everything’s fine, but, I’m still worried about Rarity and Trixie. Rarity just got back and Trixie is still leaving… I thought that she would want to spend more time with her. Unless… no, I don’t think she would be capable of that, Trixie really loves Rarity, she would never see somepony else behind her back… but, what else could she be doing? This is only a thought, I’ll keep it to myself for now. Trixie’s innocent until proven guilty. A sound woke her from her thoughts. It was Fluttershy muttering something. “What did you say?” Twilight whispered.

“I love you, Twilight.”

“I love you too, Fluttershy.”

***

Two hours later, Twilight took Fluttershy to her home and decided to visit Rarity, wondering if she was also worried about Trixie’s whereabouts. The lavender Unicorn entered the boutique since it was opened. “Rarity?!”

“I’m up here!” The fashionista yelled from upstairs. Twilight climbed the stairs and reached the room where her friend was working with her sewing machine. Sweetie Belle was sitting by the window, looking outside.

“Hello, Rarity!”

“Hello, Twilight. How are you doing?” Rarity spoke with seriousness, which Twilight spotted.

“Umm, I’m fine… how about you?” The bookworm pony asked, confused.

“Oh, I’m great. I’m working on an order which Trixie left as a note for me with the details.” Rarity’s voice was bitter this time, especially when she said Trixie’s name.

“Rarity, is there something wrong?”

“No, unless that your marefriend keeping a secret from you counts as something wrong!” Rarity stopped sewing and stared directly at Twilight.

“Oh… then, you ARE worried about that...”

“Of course I am, Twilight! Wait. How did you know?”

“Fluttershy also got worried when Trixie started to leave notes, saying that she would be away for a few hours and told me. We’re trying to solve the mystery as well.”

“And...?” Rarity asked with hope.

“Still nothing….” The white pony sighed with sadness and turned to her sewing machine again.

“I don’t know what to think anymore… we were fine yesterday but, after breakfast today, she left. Does she loves me? Does she not?”

“Rarity, don’t think that. She loves you! I’m absolutely sure that she has a reason for leaving without a trace, she may be preparing something to show you how much she loves you. Please, be patient.”

Rarity nodded, still giving her back to her friend. It was the second time she was asked to be patient. “I’ll try...”

Twilight smiled slightly. “Oh, and try not to let these feelings get between you and your sister.”

As soon as Twilight said that, Rarity rised her head. “You’re right! How could I forget about my own sister!” Rarity turned again. “I’ll fix that now. I'm sorry, Twilight, but...”

“I understand. I’ll be at the library. I have to get ready to teach Trixie more magic.”

“Sure, sure! Teach her everything you know, darling.” The fancy Unicorn said before hugging her friend. “Take care, Twilight.”

“You too, and good luck.” Twilight broke the hug. “Goodbye Sweetie Belle!”

“Bye, Twilight!” The filly distractedly waved at the leaving visitor. Once Twilight closed the door behind her, Rarity approached to her sister.

“Sweetie Belle, what do you say if, after I’m done with this suit, you and I do each other's hair?”

Sweetie Belle’s eyes lighted up and grinned at her sister. “Really?”

The older mare nodded. “Just, let me finish this and I’ll take a break, deal?”

“Deal!” Rarity patted the head of her sister before trotting back to her sewing machine.

An hour later, somepony else entered the boutique.

“I’m coming!” The fashionista yelled as she quickly headed downstairs. “Welcome to Carousel Boutique, how can I...” It was then when she opened her eyes to see who was in front of her. “Trixie.” The blue Unicorn sensed the coldness on Rarity’s voice and felt really bad. But she had no choice. It was important to keep what she was doing a secret.

“Rarity, listen, I’m...” She instantly fell silent when Rarity galloped towards her and kissed her with passion before hugging her tight.

“Don’t say anything, I’m thinking too much about myself… I’ll try to be more patient, I promise. As I said, I trust you.”

Trixie smiled and hugged her back. “Thank you… I want to make it up to you… are you free tomorrow?”

“I'm afraid I'm not.” The fashionista said as she broke the hug. “Sweetie Belle told me that our parents are coming tomorrow and I’ll be here with them.”

“Your… parents?” Rarity nodded. “Then, I also want to be here.”

The eyes of the fashionista widened. “What?! No, Trixie, you can’t meet them.”

“Why not?” Trixie confusedly asked. “We have been dating for around ten months and you never introduced them to me. I thought that you loved me...”

“I DO love you, Trixie.”

“Then, why don’t you want me to meet them?”

“Because...” Rarity hesitated. She couldn’t keep it for herself anymore, she knew that the day where Trixie wished to meet her parents would eventually arrive. The magician pony was looking at her with a look between sadness and anger. Rarity gulped and gained enough courage to reveal the reason for keeping Trixie away from her parents. “Because… t-they disapprove same gender couples...”

Author's Note:

Many things going on. What is Trixie’s secret? Will Rarity’s parents accept Trixie? Find out soon!
I want to thank SonicTheEchidna for editing this chapter. He’s my secret proofreader! :rainbowkiss: