• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 12,543 Views, 481 Comments

My Lady, My Love, My Life - MysteriousStranger



Several months after Trixie and Rarity became a couple, they must now face new challenges to mantain their relationship and make their bond stronger.

  • ...
15
 481
 12,543

The Princess of the Night

A week passed since Trixie woke up from her coma. When the doctors saw her, they decided to observe her for another week to make sure that she was fine. The only problem she presented was the occasional pain on her left eye. The doctors gave her a recipe for eye drops and she was discharged that afternoon. She was now at the entrance of the hospital, surrounded by her friends and fiancée. She had to wear an eyepatch for at least two months, she had to have her injured leg and chest bandaged for a month and she had to be careful to not to step with said leg.

“Well, this brings back some memories.” Trixie commented as she looked at her rear leg once outside the hospital.

“Please, tell me that this won’t be an annual thing, or else you’ll need a wheelchair next year.” Everyone but Rarity laughed at this.

“I’ll try not to.” Trixie said as they all began walking, except for Pinkie Pie who opted to skip.

“You must have felt so relieved when the doctors said that you will keep your vision if you used the eye drops they gave you a recipe for.” Twilight said.

“Yes, I was. Even after they told me that I would still might lose it when I reach old age. I don’t really mind.”

“Yer takin' those news very well, sugarcube. Ah would be terrified if ah found out that ah might lose one of mah eyes.”

“Because you need them both to work, Applejack.” Trixie pointed out. “I don’t really need both of my eyes. As long as I can see, I’m happy.”

“Yer always seein’ the glass half full, aren’t you?”

“I am.” Trixie said with a chuckle.

“I don’t get it, I would die if I lose any part of my body.” Rainbow Dash commented.

“Even a leg? You barely use them anyway, Rainbow. Yer not even usin’ them right now.” Applejack said before chuckling.

“EVEN a leg. They’re still part of me.” Rainbow Dash said as she crossed her forelegs. “Besides, is there something wrong with me preferring to fly instead of walk?”

“Ah was just kiddin', RD.” The farmer pony said before softly punching one of Rainbow Dash’s sides. “Best friends tease each other.”

Rainbow Dash sighed as she blushed. “Yeah, best friends do that...” Twilight looked sadly at the cyan Pegasus before looking at Trixie with the same face.

“Poor Rainbow Dash...” Rarity sadly said.

“We cannot intervene, Rarity.” Trixie said with seriousness.

“I know, I know… but it saddens me that she doesn’t have the courage to confess her…”

Pinkie Pie, suddenly, skipped between Rarity and Trixie. “Hey, Trix! Now that you’re out of the hospital, I’ll throw a party for you! What do you say?” Pinkie Pie said with her face extremely close to Trixie’s. That always made Rarity to inflate her cheeks and frown. Even though she knew that Pinkie Pie did that with everyone, it still caused her jealousy.

“I think that’s a good idea, thanks, Pinkie.”

“Oh, goodie! Let’s see, are you available tomorrow?” Trixie opened her mouth but Pinkie Pie spoke again. “I’m not. How about the day after tomorrow? Nope, I can’t either! I’ll tell you when the party is when I find a date, yes?” Trixie tried to speak, but she was interrupted by her pink friend once again. “Yes, I’ll do that! Now, I need balloons and confetti... I don’t remember if I have enough for a party, I’ll go check!” With that said, Pinkie Pie galloped so fast that she practically vanished, leaving dust with the shape of her body where she used to be.

“Anyway...” Applejack said after a few seconds “Ah have to go too. Ah promised Big Mac that ah would be on time to deliver some of the apples to Sugarcube Corner. Ah’ll see you later!”

“Goodbye, Applejack!” Twilight said as she and her friends waved at her. “Oh, look! We’re at the library already. I guess that this is where I part ways too.”

“Y-Yeah, I have to go too. See you around!“ Rainbow Dash said before flying away.

“She seemed to be in a rush.” Rarity said.

“She must have something to do.” Twilight said as she watched Rainbow Dash disappear in the sky. Surely she’s going to give Applejack another gift. If only she confessed her feelings already… Her thoughts were interrupted when she saw Fluttershy close to her.

“I’ll visit you later, Twi. I have something to do first.”

“Of course.” Twilight said before giving Fluttershy a peck on her lips. “I’ll see you later, then.” Fluttershy blushed as she nodded. Twilight smiled before looking at Trixie. “I’ll let Princess Celestia know that you had been discharged, Trixie. I’m sure that she’s wants to know about your current status.”

“Yes, she surely is.”

Twilight smiled with her eyes closed. “Goodbye, everypony! Come on, Spike.” The baby dragon nodded and ran to Twilight. But before following her inside, her turned to see Trixie.

“I’m glad that you’re better now.” He said with a smile before entering the library and closing the door behind him.

“It is good to see him being nice to you.” Rarity commented as she, Trixie and Fluttershy began walking again.

“It does feels nice.” Trixie was smiling. “Shall we go to Carousel Boutique first?”

“No. I’ll go with you. I haven’t gone to the cottage for a long time.”

“It will be nice to have you as a visitor, Rarity.” Fluttershy kindly said. “But I’m afraid that I don’t have any biscuits."

“Don’t worry about them, darling, just tea will be nice.”

“If that’s fine with you...”

“It is. I need a break after working so hard the past week.”

“I had to ask you to go to back to your home once in a while, sweetheart, or else you would have got behind with your work. And I don’t like...”

“When I overwork, I know. Trixie-boo, sometimes you worry too much.”

“I worry because I love you. It’s not healthy and you know it.” Trixie seriously said.

“I can handle it.”

Trixie was about to say something else, but she didn’t want to argue in front of Fluttershy, who was starting to get affected. Instead, she sighed and smiled at Fluttershy. “Did anypony show up to hire me for a birthday party?”

“Hmm?” the shy Pegasus wasn’t expecting to be addressed. “Oh, yes they did. I told them that you had an… accident and that you weren’t available. Was that okay…?”

“Yes, it was. Thank you. Surely many ponies will come, but I won’t be able to work for at least a month.”

“Make it two.” Rarity spoke.

“I think that I’ll be fine in a month, Rarity. Once my leg recovers...”

“In a month you will just get the bandages removed. You still need to rest more, just in case.”

“Now, who worries too much?” Trixie replied with a smile, however, Rarity didn’t return it.

“You will rest at least two months and that’s final!”

Trixie growled before looking away. I’ll let you win for now because I don’t want to do this in front of Fluttershy. Fluttershy looked from Trixie to Rarity. Both of them were looking at opposite directions. The Pegasus felt uncomfortable and hid her face with her hair.

The rest of the way was silent. Every time Trixie tried to say something, she would just receive a vague answer from Fluttershy and none from Rarity, so she soon gave up.

Fluttershy opened the door and walked to the kitchen. “I’ll make the tea...” Trixie nodded and waited for Fluttershy to be gone before walking to Rarity’s side. She was looking down and was still angry. Trixie wanted to yell at her, to tell her everything she had in mind, but she repressed all those thoughts as she opened her mouth. Instead, she said something completely different.

“I love you.” Rarity’s anger faded and she sniffed. She closed her eyes and hugged Trixie.

“I’m so sorry, Trixie. I can’t help it. Seeing you like this isn't easy for me...”

“I know...” The blue Unicorn said as she patted Rarity’s back. “But I’ll be fine, you’ll see that in a month I’ll be as good as new. I’ll manage with just one eye”

Rarity abruptly moved her head to see Trixie. “But...”

Trixie put one of her forelegs on Trixie’s mouth. “Please, just wait a month. If I’m not feeling ready yet, then I’ll rest all the time you want.” Trixie removed her hoof from Rarity’s mouth and the fashionista nodded.

“I’ll give you your month, then.” Trixie smiled and gave Rarity two pecks on her lips before putting her head on one of Rarity’s withers.

“Arguing makes Trixie sad.”

“I don’t like arguing either...”

“Why don’t you act like you did more than an year ago? You worried but not too much.”

“Because back then I wanted you out of my life, remember?” Rarity said as she smiled at Trixie. “I don’t want you out of my life now...” The showmare smiled and kissed Rarity again.

“Oh, you’re good now!” Fluttershy said when she saw them. The couple looked at their friend and nodded happily. “I’m so happy for you! Umm, tea will be ready soon.”

“Let me help you to bring the cups, darling.” The fancy Unicorn said as she broke the embrace with Trixie and headed to the kitchen.

“Oh, no, no, Rarity. I can’t let you do that. You’re my guest.”

“I don’t mind. Trixie-boo, are you going to drink tea with us?”

“Sure! I’ll just leave my Little Mares book in my room and I’ll be back.” Trixie trotted to her room and left the book on a bookshelf which she bought to keep all the magic books she had. When she returned, Rarity and Fluttershy were already on their seats.

“Sit next to me, my darling.” Trixie smiled as she sat. Rarity rested her head on Trixie’s wither as soon as she did so. “Did you have any inconvenience?”

“I only went to my room...”

“But you trotted. You could have fallen or stepped on your injured leg.” Rarity worriedly said.

“I was careful.” Rarity snuggled more and sighed happily. Trixie looked at Fluttershy and noticed that she was smiling at them. “How are you and Twilight doing, Fluttershy?”

“Oh, we’re fine. She stayed here for a few days when you were at the hospital. I’m afraid that I’m not used to live alone anymore.”

“That’s nice. Now you know how things will be when you two move in together.”

Fluttershy blushed deeply. “U-Umm… y-yes, I think so...”

“Fluttershy?” A whistle coming from the kitchen was heard and the Pegasus galloped to it. “I shouldn’t have asked that, right?” Trixie said as she looked at Rarity.

“Trixie-boo, remember that Fluttershy is very shy. Living with Twilight would be a huge step for her.” Rarity said.

“I forgot...” Fluttershy returned with a teapot and served Rarity first. “Fluttershy, I’m sorry for what I said...”

“No, it’s fine...” The Pegasus said as she finished serving Rarity and began to fill Trixie’s cup.

“Thank you, darling.” Fluttershy smiled and returned to her seat, where she filled her own cup while Rarity took a sip. “It’s delicious!”

“Thank you...”

Trixie wanted to distract Fluttershy from her thoughts, so she decided that it was the right time to tell them something she wanted to say since she recovered from her coma. “Girls...”

“Yes?” Rarity asked, intrigued.

“I’ve met Princess Luna, I think...” Trixie said as she took a sip of her tea. Both Rarity and Fluttershy spat their tea. The showmare smiled while she kept drinking hers, happy to receive the reply she was expecting.

“You, what?” Rarity was extremely confused. “When?”

“When I was in a coma. Oh, I forgot to tell you?” Trixie teasingly said, smiling more.

The fashionista inflated her cheeks again, a bit annoyed. “No, you never mentioned it. Speak up, Trixie.”

“Twilight told me that Princess Luna is a Dreamweaver.” Fluttershy spoke. “But I didn’t know that she could get into ponies’ minds when they were in a coma.”

“Well, darling, if you think about it, comas are like prolonged sleep.” Rarity said.

“Oh, you met her, right?” Trixie asked to Fluttershy and Rarity.

“We did and we saw her a few times. She scares me a little… please, don’t tell her that!” Fluttershy said.

“I won’t.” The magician smiled.

“Trixie-boo...”

“Hmm?”

“You’re getting off tracks, tell us how you met her.”

“Oh, right. I almost forgot!” Trixie lied. “I don’t know when she showed up exactly. All I remember is that I was in a strange place where, no matter where I looked, I could only see white...”

Trixie was walking through a white room. She noticed that she was wearing her cape, but not her hat. “Hello?” her voice echoed through the place. Suddenly, a blue sphere appeared in front of her and, moments later, Princess Luna stood before her. Trixie was scared at first.

“Fear not, my little pony. I am Princess Luna.”

“P-Princess Luna?” Trixie bowed immediately after recovering. Rarity told her what to do if she ever met a Princess. “It is such an honor. Pardon for asking, but, where am I? The last I remember is that Night Wing impaled me with his mechanical horn when I tried to protect Rarity. Am I… dead?”

“You’re not dead, young one, but I’m afraid that your act of bravery induced you into a coma.”

“A coma?” The Princess of the Night nodded. “Am I ever going to wake up? Am I going to see Rarity and my friends again?”

“I’m afraid than that’s beyond any magic.”

Trixie sighed sadly and looked down. “Princess, I don’t want to sound disrespectful, but, why are you in my head, exactly? To show me that not all hope is lost?”

“Yes. But there’s also another reason. Somepony wishes to have a word with you.”

“In my mind? Who?”

“Me.” Trixie’s eyes peeked and slowly looked behind her. He jaw dropped when she saw a stallion with a blue coat, a bit darker than hers, with a silver mane and lavender eyes, wearing Trixie’s hat. Or, better said, his hat. “Hello, Trix. I have been wanting to talk to you for years.”

“Clementine?” Trixie slowly approached to him and put a foreleg on his face. She could feel it.

“Yes, it’s me, little sis.”

“Clementine!” Trixie jumped on her brother and hugged him tight. “I thought that I would never see you again!” She then looked at him. “How is this even possible?”

“Dreams aren’t my only realm.” Princess Luna spoke. “Contacting the dead is another of my duties. I often leave hidden messages in the dreams of ponies who lost somepony they cared for as favors to the deceased. I only allow the deceased to personally contact their love ones again in rare circumstances.”

“Really?” Trixie asked. “What makes me worthy of this honor, your highness?” Trixie said as she let Clementine go and stood still again.

“My sister’s faithful student, Twilight Sparkle, spoke good of you on her letters lately. But almost giving your life to save Rarity, the element of generosity, was the reason I finally decided to meet you. Not many ponies are capable of doing such act of bravery.”

“How not to do it? I love Rarity with all my being. I valorate her life more than mine.” The blue Unicorn said as she patted her own chest.

“Your humility and courage intrigues me, Trixie Lulamoon. But you must be careful. Have you thought what would happen to her if you die for her? Have you thought of how would she feel?”

“N-No… I haven’t thought much of that. But she would still have our friends...”

“Do you think that she would be able to overpass her guilt?”

“I...”

“Trix...” Clementine spoke. “Be smart. You’re lucky to be in a coma. Night Wing could have killed you like he did with me.” Trixie looked down, ashamed. Clementine walked to her and put one of his forelegs on one of her withers. Trixie looked at him. “At least promise us that you’ll think twice before putting your life at risk.” Trixie nodded. “Remember that you’re making a promise to a Princess.”

“I’ll be careful. Thank you for letting me know this… I hope that nopony gets in danger again.”

“We can’t know that for sure, but I’ll be there to help you again in case it happens.”

Trixie looked confused at her brother when she said that. “Again…? Do you mean when you defended me from the bullies when I was a filly?”

“Well, yes and for helping you with Night Wing. I was kind of the reason you survived.”

“How…?”

“Clementine is your Guardian Angel.” Princess Luna said. Trixie, who looked at the Princess of the Night when she spoke, looked back at Clementine. “Really?”

The stallion nodded. “Princess Celestia appeared before me when I died and proposed me to watch over you. I couldn’t say no.”

“I thought that you said that the dead were your responsibility.” Trixie said to Princess Luna.

“It’s true. But Clementine died when I was banished to the moon.”

“There are a lot of things I need to learn...”

“You can always ask Twilight Sparkle and her... I mean, your friends.” Trixie smiled and nodded. “Time is running short, my little pony. I’ll leave you two a few minutes of privacy.”

“Thank you, Princess Luna.” The Princess of the night smiled as she lit her horn. There was a flash and she was gone. Trixie looked at Clementine after she left.

“Trix, I really wish I could go back to the world of the living. I’ll use these minutes to tell you all I can.”

“You were a great brother, Clementine. You always made me laugh and you knew how to cheer me up. I miss the old days. And I miss you...”

“Words can’t describe how proud I am of you. You faced a great danger without giving up, and, you found love, a reason to keep fighting and smiling.”

“You don’t mind that I’m engaged to a mare?”

“I had hints.”

“What hints? I was just a filly when you passed away. I never fell in love until I met Rarity.”

“I know the look of innocent crushes. What made me suspicious was when I took you to see Carmen. The actress who played the main role had you completely hypnotized. I’m really happy for you, Trix. But I must say, seeing you wandering from town to town and with a bad attitude hurted me...”

“What else could I do? If I stayed...”

“I know. You were too young back then. There’s nothing you could have done.”

“Your tombstone is a mess, it’s unkempt...” Trixie’s eyes became wet. “I should have cleaned it before leaving like that…! I’m… I’m so sorry...” Clementine hugged his sister and spoke while he let her cry her pain out.

“Don’t worry about that. Remember that you were being watched.”

“Now that the monster is gone, I can visit you...” Trixie moved her head to see her brother’s face. “Next time I’ll clean it, I pinky promise.” Clementine chuckled as he broke the hug. They smiled at each other for a few moments before the stallion slowly started to fade. “Oh, no...”

“I’m sorry, Trix. But I have to leave...”

“Not yet! Just a few minutes more!”

“I’m afraid that’s not up to me...” Clementine said as he removed his hat and put it on Trixie’s head. “I’ll be watching you.”

“I won’t forget you, Clementine...” He patted Trixie’s head before walking away.

“It not a farewell. I’ll always be close..." Trixie watched him as he finally vanished. A tear dropped from one of her eyes. She didn’t react when a dark blue hoof with jewelry touched one of her withers.

“That’s why I don’t let anypony to see the deceased again. It may complicate the situation and the living would never turn the page.” Princess Luna spoke with serenity.

“I understand...” The showmare sniffed as she turned to face Princess Luna. “But I must thank you for allowing me to see him one last time. I am in your debt, your highness.”

“No. Consider it a favor, a way to thank you for saving the element of generosity.”

“I had help.”

“Yes, but your friends already proved to be of trust when they saved me from my jealousy. Now, I’ll grant you all the favors you need.”

“What?! I can’t accept that! I’m your subject! Pardon me for raising my voice.”

“Trust me, Trixie Lulamoon, you’ll need those favors. I won’t accept a no for an answer.”

“But...”

“It’s not optative.”

Trixie sighed and looked down. “Thank you...”

“One last thing.”

“Yes?”

“When you wake up, you might ask yourself if this was all just a regular dream caused by your coma. To prove you that it’s not, after you recover, my sister will summon you.”

“Princess Celestia wants to see me? Why?”

“She’s eager to meet the pony who saved a life.”

“I did nothing of another world...”

“Your humility still intrigues me. I suggest you to accept her offer.”

“Of course, your highness. Umm...”

“Yes?”

“Princess Luna, when I wake up and if I remember everything… can I tell this to Rarity and my friends?”

“I don’t see a reason to keep this conversation a secret.”

“Thank you.”

“Anything else?”

“Yes. How could Night Wing get into other ponies’ dreams? How could a brilliant mind have a rotten heart?”

“My sister will answer you those questions when you meet her. It should give you two something to talk about.”

“I hope that I wake up and recover soon, then.”

Princess Luna smiled. “Now, I’m afraid that I must leave. But we’ll meet again. Goodbye, my little pony.”

“Goodbye, Princess Luna. It was an honor to meet you.”

“Likewise. I’ll be waiting for your awaking.” The Princess of the night closed her eyes while she kept smiling and her horn lit. After a few moments, she was gone again. Trixie was alone now, but, soon, she started to have regular dreams.

“I don’t know how much longer I was in a coma before waking up.” Trixie finished her story and looked between Rarity and Fluttershy. The fashionista looked down and Fluttershy was smiling amazed at her magician friend. “Could you, please, don’t tell Twilight about this. I want to see her reaction when she receives a letter from Princess Celestia summoning me.” Trixie said with a smile.

“Why?” Fluttershy was confused.

“Applejack gave me the idea when she said that best friends tease each other. I want to try it.”

“Oh...”

Trixie chuckled and looked over to Rarity, who was still looking down. “Beautiful?” Rarity stood up and headed to Trixie’s room, closing the door behind her. Fluttershy and Trixie shared a look. “I’ll go talk to her.” The Pegasus nodded and watched her guest as she walked to her room. Trixie knocked on the door before opening the door a bit and peeking inside. “Can I come in?”

“It’s your room. You didn’t even need to knock.” Rarity said with no emotion. Trixie opened the door and entered the room, closing it once she was in. Rarity was sitting on her bed.

“I had to knock. I didn’t know if you wanted to be disturbed.”

“Actually, I came here so we could have a private conversation.”

“Oh?” Trixie sat next to Rarity. “What about? What’s bothering you?”

“Princess Luna and your brother are right. If I lose you, I wouldn’t be able to smile again...”

“What about your family and our friends?”

“You know the answer. It wouldn’t be the same anymore, Trixie. Don’t get me wrong, I love them all, but… I can’t imagine my life without you. I want to marry you, not anypony else.”

“Rarity...”

“I was scared. I didn’t know how long would you be in a coma… seeing you close your eyes in my hooves and the brief moment when I thought that you were dead...” Rarity was starting to cry and sniff. She buried her face on Trixie’s chest and held her close while the magician pony stroked her mane. “I don’t want you to die! Trixie kissed Rarity’s forehead and embraced her.

“I'll find another solution next time, Rarity. I hope that your life isn't in danger again. I have learnt that my demise would cause you sorrow.”

“Of course that it would cause me sorrow." Rarity said as she looked at Trixie's good eye. "I love you, Trixie. I love you with all my heart. I want to grow old with you...”

Trixie smiled and held her soon to-be wife closer. “Nothing will separate us now, sweetheart. Nothing.” Rarity wasn’t crying anymore, but she refused to break the hug anyway. She snuggled more. “Something else happened when I was in a coma.” Rarity looked at Trixie, silently asking her to continue. “The entire time, I heard a voice. A sweet voice talking to me, reading to me, and I would sometimes feel my lips warmer all of the sudden. That voice kept me fighting to wake up, I’m sure of it.”

“Oh, maybe it was...”

“It was you,Rarity. I would recognize your voice anywhere. You were reading Little Mares for me, and I suppose that you kissed me more than once.” Rarity smiled as she blushed. “Thank you, for staying with me...”

Rarity softly kissed Trixie before looking at the bed they were sitting on. “Why haven't you asked me to sleep here yet?”

“Because this is a single bed slightly larger than common ones.”

“And?”

“And my lady needs a bed more comfortable than this one.”

“I don’t care about the bed as long as I’m sleeping with you.” Rarity said before nuzzling one of Trixie’s cheeks with her own.

“Do you want to stay here for the night?” Rarity nodded. “But, how are we...?”

“Lay on the bed.” The blue Unicorn did as she was asked and Rarity carefully laid on Trixie, hugging her and sighing of happiness. “Are you feeling pain?”

“No...”

“Are you comfortable?”

Trixie embraced Rarity. “Now I am.”

“Then it works.” Rarity gazed down at Trixie and kissed her on her forehead. “Good night, Trixie-boo.”

“Good night, sweetheart.”

***

“It has been two hours. I wonder if they’re fine...” Fluttershy said to herself before standing up and heading to Trixie’s door. She knocked on the door softly. “Umm, girls. Is everything alright?” There was no answer so Fluttershy waited for a few seconds before knocking again. “Girls?” this time, Fluttershy opened the door and found her friends happily sleeping together. The Pegasus smiled and carefully closed the door before heading to her own room to join slumberland.

Author's Note:

I wonder how many of you have diabetes now? :rainbowkiss:
Trixie’s recovery starts and we (Or better said, you) learned that Trixie had interesting visitors when she was in a coma. Enjoyed the brother/sister reunion? :raritystarry:
SonicTheEchidna didn't revise this yet.