• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 12,563 Views, 481 Comments

My Lady, My Love, My Life - MysteriousStranger



Several months after Trixie and Rarity became a couple, they must now face new challenges to mantain their relationship and make their bond stronger.

  • ...
15
 481
 12,563

Celebration Dinner

“Dinner outside tonight?!” Rainbow Dash asked. She and all of her friends were in Carousel Boutique, where they were asked to go the morning after the proposal.

“Yes, darling. Trixie and I want to celebrate our engagement and we thought that having dinner with our friends would be fitting. That is, if you’re all available, of course.”

“I’m free tonight!” Twilight spoke.

“Me too.” Fluttershy followed.

“Oh, me too, me too!” Pinkie Pie said, skipping on her spot.

“Ah’ll make it too, sugarcube.” Applejack said, and then all looks went to Rainbow Dash.

“I guess that I can make it. I only need to change my plans.”

“You mean, changin’ the time yer goin’ to sleep?” Applejack jokingly said.

“Hey! I go to bed early to wake up early. I have stuff to do!”

“Yes, like napping above mah farm. Ah don’t know how you not wake up when ah we apple buck!”

“That’s my secret, AJ and mine only.” Applejack opened her mouth to argue more, but she decided to just sigh and forget about it. Rainbow Dash smiled proudly for her victory. “So, yes, I’ll go tonight. Where are we going?” The cyan Pegasus asked, like if nothing happened.

“What…? Oh, yes!” Rarity managed to say after shaking her head. “We’ll go to a nice restaurant which Trixie and I have discovered a few months ago.”

Rainbow Dash’s smile faded as she growled. “Does that means that I'll have to dress... fancy?”

“I’m afraid so, darling. That is, if you want free food.”

“Free? Oh, no, no, Rarity. Allow us to pay a percentage.” Fluttershy spoke.

“No way.” Trixie was the one to speak. “We are organizing it and we’ll pay every bit. We won’t allow any of you to pay anything except for the tip.”

“If you put it that way...”

“Wonderful! It’s settled then. That’s all I wished to say. Do you want to add anything, my love?” Rarity said, gazing at Trixie as she said the last.

“No, sweetheart. You said everything we wanted to say.” Both of them looked at their friends once again. “Thank you for coming, everypony. Now, I want to have a private conversation with Rarity.”

“Sure! We’ll be going then.” Twilight said and everypony formed a cue to hug their friends and left.

Rarity closed the door and turned to see Trixie. “What do you wish to talk with me, Trixie-Boo?”

“Well, I have been thinking last night before falling asleep, and… I think I should move in here after we get married.”

“You want to wait to live with me? Why? I thought that you would want to move in with me as soon as possible.”

“Yes, that’s true, but…” Trixie sighed. “I don’t want to leave Fluttershy alone just yet. She’s got used to have somepony around. When I move here, I’ll do it forever, so It doesn’t really matter if we wait until after we’re married. You know what I mean?”

Rarity thought for a few moments before nodding. “I do, and you’re right. She needs your company more than I do right now. Waiting isn’t a bad idea.”

Trixie smiled and gave Rarity a peck on her lips. “Thanks for understanding, beautiful.”

“Of course. You have a good point, my darling. You’re so noble.” Rarity hugged Trixie, with her head on her chest. “We can wait.”

Tixie stroked Rarity’s indigo hair. “You’re not going anywhere and neither will I. Ponyville is my home now, I have jobs, friends, a gorgeous fiancée… my whole life is here.”

“I love you, Trixie-boo.”

“I love you too.” They both stared at each other’s eyes and kissed once again. It was meant to be just a peck, but it turned into a passionate kiss. Rarity put her forelegs on Trixie’s neck and pulled her closer. When they parted, the gazed at each other once again and smiled as they nuzzled their noses. “Do you want me to help you with Pinkie’s dress.”

“I don’t mind.” They intertwined tails and headed upstairs, to the workshop. Not knowing that Spike was watching them through the window. He sighed sadly and walked away slowly.

***

“Yes, you can come to pick up your dress after dinner if you come with us, darling.” Rarity said to Pinkie Pie as they were all sitting at the restaurant, already awaiting their orders.

“Super! I’ll pick it up tonight, then. Thankies!” Pinkie Pie replied with her usual tone.

“How did you finish it so fast, Rarity?” Twilight asked her friend. Fluttershy had her head on her wither.

“I had assistance from Fluttershy, and my Trixie-boo insisted on helping me too, I couldn’t say no.” The fancy Unicorn said as she snuggled her head against Trixie’s chest.

“Insisted? I only asked you once and you said yes right away.” Rarity giggled but didn’t answer. Trixie smiled. “I thought you said that the restaurant had a policy against too much affection.”

“No kisses. We can do this.”

“So...” Applejack spoke, making everyony to look at her. “When are you two thinkin’ on gettin’ married.”

“Oh!” Rarity said and looked at Trixie. “I don’t know, we have yet to discuss it.”

“I don’t think we should rush it.” Trixie spoke. “Six months minimum? How much does it takes to plan a wedding?”

“From what I know, they are no easy to plan.” Twilight said.

“We have to decide the guests, the catering, the band who will perform at the reception, our mares of honor. We must decide after we check our budget.” Rarity added.

“My head is aching already...” Trixie said as she put her forelegs on her head and her elbows on the table. Rarity stroked Trixie’s back softly.

“Don’t worry, my love, we’ll think on a good date to have enough time to plan our wedding. I don’t mind getting married in six months or in an year, you are worth the wait.”

Trixie sat back up and smiled at Rarity “Thank you, sweetheart.” Their orders arrived in that moment, much for Rainbow Dash’s happiness.

“Sweet! No more corny stuff, let’s eat!” The cyan Pegasus excitedly said as she started to eat once the waiter left.

“Don’t count on that, darling.” Rarity said as she got fed by Trixie. Rainbow Dash quickly looked away, only to see Twilight cleaning Fluttershy’s mouth with a napkin.

“Too much love!” Rainbow Dash groaned as she put her elbows on the table and her forelegs on her forehead.

“Oh, Dashie is jealous because she doesn’t has a special somepony yet!” Pinkie Pie happily said.

“What?!” Rainbow Dash cheeks turned red. “I-It’s not that! It’s something completely different.”

“Do you have somepony in mind?” Pinkie Pie asked with a grin.

“N-No!” Rainbow Dash blushed even harder.

“Yes you do! Tell us, tell us!”

“Pinkie…!” Twilight whispered. “You’re speaking too loud, they will kick us out!”

“Oopsie, sorry!” Pinkie Pie covered her mouth with her forelegs, giggling. Only the sounds of the flatware was heard for a few minutes before the party pony abruptly spoke again. “Is it Applejack? Oh my gosh, it has to be her!”

“Pinkie Pie!” Twilight exclaimed, making other customers to shush her. “Sorry.” The bookworm pony apologized to them. Pinkie Pie giggled again.

“Why in tarnation do you keep insistin’ with Rainbow and me?” Applejack asked. The pink pony just shrugged with a smile and Rainbow Dash buried her face on her forelegs. She was as red as a tomato. Lucky for her, nopony noticed. The rest of the night was calm. They just ate and talked about various topics until, in one moment, the waiter approached to Twilight.

“Excuse me, miss, there’s a dragon waiting for you at the hall.”

“Huh? Spike? He’s supposed to be asleep! Thank you, sir.” Twilight said as she stood up. “Excuse me, girls, I’ll be right back.” Once she was almost at the hall, Fluttershy finally spoke.

“That’s weird. Why would be Spike be here when it’s hours past his bedtime?”

“It has to be somethin’ important. Ah hope that nothing bad.” Applejack said.

“Why else would he be here if it wasn’t something bad?” Rainbow Dash spoke.

“Maybe he had a nightmare and he came to tell Twilight?” Fluttershy spoke once again.

“I don’t think so.” Rarity said. “Spikey-wikey wouldn’t come all the way here just for that. Besides, if he had a nightmare, why venturing in the dark?”

Trixie looked at Rarity. “Spikey-wikey?”

“I like calling him that, he’s a close friend and helps me to collect gems.”

“Oh. I thought… that I was the only one...”

“Trixie-boo...” The white pony nuzzled cheeks with Trixie. “When I do it with you is special, it has romantic feelings. Spikey-wikey is in a friendly way.” Trixie smiled and hugged Rarity. Not for long, however, since Twilight was already returning.

“Is everything alright, Twilight?” Fluttershy worriedly asked.

“I don’t know. Princess Celestia wrote me a letter but didn’t let Spike read the content before I do. It seems important so I have to go. I’m sorry, everypony.”

“Aww...” Everypony expressed their sadness at a unison.

“I’ll go with you.” Fluttershy quickly said.

“I don’t want you to leave just because of me, Shy. Stay with our friends.”

The timid pony nodded, but she was sad. “Can I at least accompany you to the exit?”

“You can do that.” Twilight smiled slightly and Fluttershy walked to her. “I’ll see you all tomorrow. Again, I’m sorry and congratulations, girls.”

“Thank you, Twilight, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Trixie said goodbye to her best friend and she walked to the exit, alongside Fluttershy. The shy Pegasus returned a few minutes later and sat where she was, in silence.

“Poor Fluttershy...” Rarity whispered to Trixie.

“I feel bad about her too. Rarity, I’ll take her home when we finish our dinner while you and Pinkie go to the boutique. I don’t want to leave her alone.” Trixie whispered back.

“I understand, Trixie.” The showmare smiled and both of them sat properly on their seats. It didn’t take long before somepony spoke again.

***

“Thanks for the dinner, sugarcube.” Applejack said as she hugged Rarity. She then hugged Trixie. “And, congratulations again.”

“You’re welcome Applejack, and thank you.” Trixie replied and saw her begin to walk away. Rainbow Dash was flying a few meters from the ground, she saluted and flied away.

“Well, umm… I guess I should be going too...” Fluttershy said.

“Wait, I’ll go with you!” Trixie exclaimed.

“No, no. I don’t want to be a bother. I’m sure that you want to go with Rarity.”

“I insist.” The blue Unicorn approached to the Pegasus. “You’re not being a bother, Fluttershy.”

“Th-thanks, Trixie.” Fluttershy was smiling slightly and Rarity approached to Trixie, touching her neck with her nose to make her turn and kissed her on the lips.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Trixie.”

“Of course you will. I Pinky Promise.” Rarity hugged her fiancée, smiled at her before walking away with Pinkie Pie.

“Oh, Rare! You will never guess what I baked today!” Trixie could still hear Pinkie Pie’s voice after they left, surely the whole downtown did. The blue Unicorn looked at Fluttershy and smiled at her.

“Shall we go?” The Pegasus nodded and they headed to the cottage. They were silent the entire way. Fluttershy only spoke once they arrived and Trixie closed the door.

“Am I too needy?”

“What? No, of course not, Fluttershy. Why are you saying that?”

“Because, every time Twilight leaves, I feel lonely. I can hide it most of the time, but it seems that I can only truly smile when she’s around. Is that bad?” Fluttershy sadly said.

Trixie smiled warmly and put one of her forelegs on Fluttershy’s. “That’s not bad, all the contrary, it’s good, very good. It means that you love her and that you enjoy her company.”

“You think so?” Trixie nodded. “I want to do something for her, not just baking her cookies, I want to do something more significant, but I don’t know what.”

“You can think about it. Take her out somewhere special or surprise her when she less expects it.”

Fluttershy smiled slightly. “Yes, I can do that… thank you, Trixie.” The showmare hugged her friend.

“You’re quite welcome.”

“And...” Fluttershy said as she broke the hug. “Thank you for coming with me.”

Trixie nodded, followed by a yawn. “I’m exhausted. I woke up early today to prepare breakfast to Rarity and I took it to her bed.”

“That’s really sweet of you. I sometimes do the same for Twilight...” Fluttershy’s eyes were slowly closing until she lost her balance and fell asleep on Trixie’s chest.

The Unicorn took her to her bed and put Fluttershy's teddy bear next to her. The timid pony embraced it on her sleep. “Good night, Fluttershy.” Trixie whispered before going to her own room, almost crashing with Angel Bunny on the way. “Oh, sorry, Angel.” The bunny crossed his paws and looked at her for a few moments before continuing hoping to wherever he was going.

Trixie finally arrived to her room, she took her dress off and jumped on her bed. She looked at her brother’s photo. “Good night, Clementine.” She, then, turned to the other side, where she had Rarity’s photo. Next to it, it was her Photo Album. “I’m glad that you liked my album. Good thing that I could lie to you about the blank pages. The album is old and some photos got lost, or that's what I told you. I don't want you to ever learn about him... Trixie thought after closing her eyes. "Good night, sweetheart.”

Author's Note:

I know I said that there wouldn’t be Apppledash, but, I can’t help it. I can’t keep them as friends, they just belong together! But, don’t worry, it won’t interfere with the story much. This fic already has too many shippings :twilightblush: (ButtonBelle slowly died but I still ship them)

However, I’ll try something different with them. You’ll see :raritywink:

So, we got a bit about the wedding’s plan and a strange letter from Princess Celestia. Not to mention the photos which Trixie doesn’t want Rarity to see, what could had they been? :rainbowderp:

You’ll get your answers on the following chapters, don’t stop reading! :twilightsmile:

Please, leave your comments! :raritystarry:

SonicTheEchidna didn't proofread this chapter yet.