• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 3,288 Views, 48 Comments

The Summer Life of Spike: Book 3 - Dark Matter 101



They're back! Join Spike and others as they enjoy their last month of Summer Vacation. Thrilling new adventures, new friends, and a special horror chapter coming soon.So get ready for another adventure with Spike and his friends.

  • ...
4
 48
 3,288

Ch 7: Home Alone Spike (Part 1)

Chapter 7
Home Alone Spike (Part 1)

The buzzer rings in the jail cells. Every cell block opened up and prisoners lined up. The guard enter the hall swing his baton. He walks slowly down the aisle whistling. He looked at the prisoners with t-shirts, tattoos, and scars. The guard stops walking and whistling as he took two steps back. He turned to one prisoner who was young. A man with black messy hair calmly smile. He wears an orange jumpsuit showing a number P-374. That stand for 'Prisoner number 374'. He was the age of 23 to be exact.

"Today is your lucky day, Scott." the guard said.

"It's not Scott anymore." he spoke grinning.

"Then what is it?" the guard asked crossing his arms. Scott didn't say anything but smiled. The guard grips his arm and shoves him in front of him. "Let's go! Or I'll beat you senseless."

Scott followed his orders and walked down the hall. Few moments later, he gathered his belongings and head out the door. He wore a brown sleeve shirt with a green vest over it. His pants were wrinkled just the way they were since his first stay. He puts his hands in his pockets from the cold weather. He went outside the gates seeing a black car parked. The place around him was the middle of nowhere. Nothing but dirt and cactus and cloudy skies. Scott enters the car without questions asked.

Inside the car was three more grown-ups. Two males and female. The female wore a black torn shirt with skinny jeans. The two males were in front of the car. At the passenger side was a skinny man with long black hair wearing sunglasses. At the driver side was a buffed up man with tattoos on his arms. He has no hair but wears a black cap. He drove away from the prisoner. For a while it was silence till Scott burst out laughing and the others laughed with him.

"They really think I was a change man because I stayed there for five months?" Scott laughed.

"What's the plan now, Scott?" the girl said to him.

"What we always do, Stacey, we steal, go nuts," Scott continued laughing as he took out a cigarette smoking, "Man, it's been a while since I smoked. Forgot what it taste like."

"What are we stealing this time though, boss?" the skinny man asked.

"What do you mean, Ben?"

"He means that now you've done your time, where are we going to steal now?" the driver spoke. "Are we going to the city?"

"No, Frank, we need to start small," Scott said, and took out a map from the back seat, "I was thinking a place called Equestria."

"Why there?" Ben asked.

"It's a peaceful little town really," Scott explained, "And there are no thieves in that area."

"Why that particular place?" Frank asked.

"Because, Frank," Scott sucked the cigarette and blew smoke out of his nose. "We're a tribe… that's why we're known as Timberwolves."

Frank drove all the way down the road heading to Equestria. Things were about to get serous around there… again. As for Spike and his friends, Spike was sleeping in bed. He was snoring on his pillow. His hair was messy and tangled. Twilight entered his room sneaking in. She tiptoed slowly into the room as she came closer to his bed. She took a deep breath and shouted at him waking up.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" she shouted.

Spike jumped knocking himself out of bed. Spike got up seeing Twilight doing a little dance singing Happy Birthday. Spike was mad at first but then remember it was his birthday today.

"Thanks, Twilight," Spike hugged her, "But next time, don't do it while I'm sleeping."

"I couldn't help myself," Twilight laughed, "Come on, the others are waiting down stairs wishing you a happy birthday."

"Really?" Spike ran down stairs excited.

He ran downstairs seeing if anyone knew it was his birthday today. When he made it to the floor, he was grabbed by Pinkie around the waist.

"Happy Birthday, Spike!" Pinkie said, happily hugging him.

"Thank, Pinkie." Spike said gladly someone knew his birthday.

"So that's makes you eleven then, huh?"

"Sure does."

"That means you get eleven kisses."

"Yes, I guess I- Elven kisses?!" Spike shouted began to struggle.

"I don't think so," Pinkie joyfully make him come closer to her.

"Pinkie, no! Stop it!" Spike began to blush.

Pinkie kissed him on the cheek three times. Then the forehead. Then the other cheek. She kissed him ten times. She saw Spike blushing hard.

"You like that, don't ya?" Pinkie said flirting with him.

"Pinkie! Let go of me!" Spike said blushing hard. He couldn't hide it from Pinkie.

"But you only had ten kisses, I have to kiss you one last time," Pinkie said. "And you know what that means~~~."

She grabs Spike's back head and leaned in with a kiss on the lips. Spike eyes widen while he blushed bright red. Without warning, Rarity came kicking Pinkie down letting go of Spike. Her face was pure rage. She clench her teeth and fist.

"Pinkie! I told you I wanted to give my Spikey-Wikey his birthday kisses!" Rarity said been sweet on Spike instead of Pinkie.

"I couldn't help it. You know how excited when it's somebody's B-day." Pinkie said ignoring the bruise on her face.

"Happy Birthday, birthday boy!" Applejack said messing with his head.

"Thanks you guys." Spike said getting rid of his blush.

"Anyway, you excited of what you're getting?" Rarity said to him.

"You bet I am," Spike said with a smile, "Where are my presents?"

"Hold on now, we have to wait till everyone gets here," Applejack said.

Spike groan. He couldn't wait any longer. Hours went by. Spike's friends showed up, including The Crusaders. Shining Armor and Cadence showed up to his birthday party. Later they were in the living room. There was a few gifts, about five to count. But as long as his friends showed up he was fine with it. They sang him a happy birthday and got started with the cake. Now the presents starts. Spike open the first three gifts. He received a toy gun from Comet, fireworks from Rainbow Dash, and a telescope from Applejack. Now all is left was two more gifts.

"Come on, Spike, whose present are you going to open?" Comet asked enjoying his cake.

"Give me a second, this is my first real birthday," Spike said.

"You never had a real birthday?" Sunset asked surprised.

"Well, I always get a book at the orphanage every year." Spike told her.

Twilight blushed as she secretly shoves a book down in the couch. She bought it for his birthday

"How about you open mine and Cadence's gift?" Twilight suggested still blushing.

The box was small. Spike picked it up and open it. Inside was a little red and orange bird. It tweeted at Spike with joy.

"A bird?" Spike started to question it.

"We thought that it was time we have a pet around the house. So we found the bird and bought it," Cadence said.

Spike stared at the bird. He tilt his head along with the bird.

"Don't you think that's a little too much?" Spike asked still looking at the bird.

"Well, if you don't want him, we can return it to the pet store," Twilight said crossing her arms.

"No! I want to keep him," Spike said grabbing the bird gently, "I just don't see why you have to give me a bird is all."

Spike opens his next gift. He unwraps it and saw a remote control car.

"Now we're talking," Spike smiled at his final gift.

"You're welcome by the way," Shining said.

"Thanks, Shining Armor, you're the best brother," Spike said happily.

"Yeah, well," Shining acted like a big show off for giving him the best present.

"Well, now what?" Fluttershy asked.

Spike had a wide grin across his face. He had a couple of ideas with his new gifts he has. But somewhere in Equestria, the Timberwolves cruised around town seeing where they'll steal and hide. They saw everyone outside in town. It was going to be difficult for the Timberwolves.

"Look at them, all happy." Stacey said.

"There's too much people around this area, Scott." Frank said driving slowly.

"I can see that, Frank." Scott said smoking.

"What do we do now?" Ben asked sliding on his sunglasses.

"Like I said, guys, we start out small," Scott continued, "I heard there was a house on sale in a neighborhood. We take over the house, hide in it for a few days, and began stealing goods in the houses one by one."

"I like the plan already," Stacey said.

"It is a good plan," Scott smoked again. He blew the smoke out of his nose exhaling heavy, "It's what my father wanted."

He rolled down his window and flicked the cigarette out.

(Few Days Later)

At Spike's house. He was playing with his new toys and his pet. He was playing his remote control car with his bird on it. He laughed seeing his bird riding the toy car. He stops and played with his toy gun. He shoots a small plunger out of the gun hitting the wall. He puts the toy gun down and went over to his new telescope. He could see the whole town from where he's at. There was a knock on the door. Spike quickly went to his bed pretending he was asleep.

"I know you're awake, Spike," Twilight said through the door.

She enters the room seeing Spike with his bird in bed. She walks over to him and sat on his bed.

"Enjoying your new pet?" Twilight asked.

"Me and Peewee? Yeah, we're tight," Spike said petting the bird.

"Spike, you do realize tomorrow we have school," Twilight made Spike moan. "Come on, we had our fun for the last two months."

"I know, but I'm not mad I have to go back to school," Spike said sitting up straight. "But I always think that when I get back to school it feels like that your friends will tease me… again."

"But that's where all the fun is, right?" Twilight laid in bed with him comforting him. "Every time we're in school, there's always a big adventure waiting for us."

"Yeah, it is fun being in school with everyone I know," Spike smiled. "This summer vacation wasn't really that fun for me though. I was expecting something bigger."

"Don't worry, Spike, once we go back to school we'll have fun again," Twilight said kissing him on the head.

She left his room turning off the lights. She looks back at him before closing the door.

"Night, Spike." Twilight said.

"Goodnight, Twilight." Spike said back to her.

She closed the door leaving Spike to sleep. Peewee flew by the window and slept by it. Spike laid down in his bed. He scratches his face feeling a bit odd, but ignored it. Could've been anything he thought.

The next morning at a sold house. Two women entered the empty building. The owner was wearing a fur coat and has blonde hair.

"Is this everything you were hoping for?" the businesswoman said to the owner.

"Oh, my husband would love something like this," she turned around and it was Stacey in disguise, "This house will be perfect for the both of us."

Meanwhile at Spike's house. Spike could hear his alarm go off. He pressed the button and got out of bed slowly getting ready for school. He yawns heading to the bathroom cleaning himself up. He turns the light on and went to brush his teeth. He grabs the toothbrush and toothpaste and began brushing his teeth. He spit his saliva and see if his teeth was clean. He smiled but slowly faded. He saw red dot on his skin. He has the chickenpox. Spike screamed his head off that Twilight and Shining Armor woke up from their bed. Later after that, Spike was sent back to bed and the two checked his fever.

"Sure enough, Spike, you have the chickenpox," Shining said.

"This sucks," Spike said.

"You should be thankful this only happens once," Twilight said. "Sorry, Spike, but you have to stay home."

"But I don't feel sick," Spike said.

"You'll feel weak though, which is not a good thing," Twilight explained.

"Think of it this way, Spike," Shining said to him. "At least you'll have extra summer vacation left."

"But I want to be with my friends at school," Spike said sadly.

"I'll tell you what, after school we'll all come back here see how you're doing," Twilight said leaving, along with Shining.

"You're gonna leave me here?" Spike said.

"Don't worry, if you need anything I'll be at the police station," Shining said. "Since I'm done with school, you can call me anytime."

"Okay," Spike plots his head back on the pillow.

"Don't worry, Spike, the chickenpox don't last that long," Twilight said. "Just don't do anything that'll get you in trouble. And don't scratch."

Twilight and Shining Armor left the house locking the door. Her and Shining went into the police car and drove off. Spike watches them drove off through the window. Spike sighed and went back to bed. Peewee flew on his stomach tweeting.

"What is it, Peewee?" Spike asked.

The bird flew to the telescope landing on top of it. He hopped up and down trying to get his attention. Spike knew where he was going at.

Later that day, the Timberwolves were setting up gear in their new home. Scott was ready to head out. He couldn't wait to head into a random house.

"Almost there, you guys," Scott said.

"I see why you picked this neighborhood," Ben said watching Twilight and Shining Armor drove off, "They have schools and jobs that no one is here but us."

"I still don't get why you want to start with Equestria though." Stacey said.

"Like I said, it's what my father wanted." Scott said putting a black suit on.

"Your father must be rich," Stacey said, "You couldn't be able to afford this place."

"Thanks to my dad, I'll finally complete his vengeance," Scott continued as he comb his hair neatly in a mirror. "Once we get done with this area, it's off to Equestria High."

"You and your father must've hated this place, huh," Ben said.

"Nope… just my father," Scott said. "Get yourselves ready and head out. We're going to steal some shit today."

Back at Spike's house. Spike was playing with his telescope as he itches his chickenpox. He could see the town with his telescope. He could see Mr. and Mrs. Cake from here at their store baking and selling. He grabs a TV remote and went to his computer. He searched hacked remotes and saw every button he could hacked to a TV. He went back to the telescope and moves it to a random house. He pushed the buttons on the remote that can access to the TV. He held his remote up in front of the scope aiming for the TV. He pushed the power button and the TV in the house turned on. Spike giggled.

He spotted Chrysalis in her room watching TV. Spike gotten curious as he looked up what TV she had. When he did, he pushed the buttons for it and pushed the power button on her TV. The TV went off surprising Chrysalis. She thinks she accidently turn it off from holding the remote. She turned it back on and went out of her room. Spike grinned and turned the channel. Chrysalis went back into her room and notice her channel was changed. Spike laughed as he continued roaming around house to house.

The Timberwolves prepared for the burglary plan. Scott was walking down the sidewalk as the other three watch the streets in case someone came by. Ben was driving the car acting like he was cruising around. Stacey was jogging down the sidewalk. Finally, Frank was dressed up as an old man. They went their separate ways preparing for a break in. Scott went up to the first house he saw and started to break in. Hew lock pick the door and in he went in a flash. He took out a bag and started taking the things he saw shoving it in the sack.

Spike continued spying through his telescope. He went to see who else he could mess with. He looked around and accidently stumbled upon Scott in a house. He jumped back scared.

"Oh my God!" Spike gasp taking a breather.

He knew that house. It was Ms. Cheerilee's house he was robbing. Spike continued watching Scott robbing the place. He didn't get a good look at his face though. Spike ran down stairs and went to the living room grabbing the phone. He dial 911 to call his brother. The phone rings for a second. Finally, Shining picked up.

"Hello?" Shining answered.

"Shining, it's Spike!" Spike said. "There's someone at the house! It's an emergency!"

"What? I'll send the cops over!" Shining said.

"He's not at our house! He's at Ms. Cheerilee's!" Spike corrected him shouting.

During Scott's scheme, his radio beeped. He answered hearing Stacey's voice.

"What is it?" Scott asked.

At the other end of the street, she was standing by the stop sign seeing the cop cars with their sirens.

"The cops are coming, put everything back where you found it," Stacey calmly said, watching the cops drove by.

Scott began to put everything back he stolen. He rushed through the house as fast as he can. He finally puts the last object back and rushed out the back door. He could hear the sirens. He hops over the fence getting away clean. The cops got out of their cars and rushed into the house. They kicked the door down with their guns out. They were serious that a dog came by one of them yelled…

"FREEZE!" the cop shouted.

The dog froze in place. The cops took a moment calming down as the dog didn't knew what was going on. Later, Spike watches the cop drove off and Shining pulling up in their driveway. He got out of the car and walk to Spike.

"Did you get him?" Spike asked.

"Spike, there was no one in the house," Shining said to him. "There was no burglary."

"But I saw a man stealing Ms. Cheerilee's things." Spike said.

"We called Ms. Cheerilee to come over and she said nothing was stolen, and is mad about the door burst open." Shining said.

"But I saw-"

"I know what you saw, Spike," Shining said, "Twilight would know what's going on."

"What does that mean?" Spike dare asked.

"I mean that I understand that being alone is hard." he said.

"…That's just brining back memories of my childhood." Spike said upset.

"Which is why Twilight is better explaining things with you," Shining said, "Anyway, I'll be going back to work, in the meantime, Twilight will come over real soon."

Shining walked back to his car and drove back to work. Spike watched him drive off and sighed. He went back to the house and waited for Twilight. Funny thing was, he wasn't in trouble. Twilight was just a bit worried. Later, Twilight and her friends went over to the house seeing how Spike was doing. They sat in the living room discussing the 'problem' with Spike.

"You said you saw a burglar?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yes." Spike said.

"What did he look like?" she asked again.

"I don't know." Spike answered again.

"Rainbow Dash, stop intimidating Spike, for crying out loud!" Applejack said.

"Spike, I understand what it's like being alone." Fluttershy said to him.

"Yeah, it wasn't the same without you at school." Pinkie spoke.

"Don't worry, Spikey-Wikey, your friend Rarity will take care of you," Rarity said, "I'll skip school just for you."

"I don't think that would be the answer to this solution, Rarity." Dash said.

"Spike, I know it's hard for you being alone in the house." Twilight said.

"That's not it, Twilight!" Spike tried to reason with her, "I saw a thief in the house and that's all I saw."

"Spike, there was no one in the house, and nothing was stolen." Twilight said.

"I saw what I saw." Spike said pouting.

"Look, Spike, I get it," Applejack said, "Ya wanted an adventure like we always have, and so far this looks like an adventure goin' too far."

"Are you not listening what I'm saying?" Spike said thinking this was a joke to them, "I saw someone in the house stealing… You know what. Forget it."

Spike walked out of the living room and went upstairs. Twilight sighed and went after him. She went into his room seeing him in bed already. She went over sitting beside him.

"So you think you saw someone?" Twilight asked.

"Now you're starting to listen." Spike said without turning.

"I know it's hard being alone again, but it's something you have to deal with," Twilight said.

"I know. But I'm not mad about being alone, I'm mad that the thief got away." Spike went on with the thief thing.

"Come on, Spike," Twilight hugged him tightly, "I know you were doing the right thing, and that's good."

"Then why won't you listen?" Spike asked.

"It's not because I don't believe you, it's because I'm worried about you," Twilight said, "You scared me when there was a robbery in the neighborhood."

"…I'm sorry," Spike said.

"I know you are, which is why you aren't going to do that again, right?" Twilight said.

"Right," Spike said.

"Just make sure if something like this ever happens again, make sure you double look." Twilight said.

"Okay, I will," Spike said smiling.

That night, the Timberwolves went over the pan again. They were discussing on how the cops came to the house. Finding out who's in the neighborhood, who spotted Scott, and how they messed up.

"I don't understand it," Scott said to them, "I thought the neighborhood was supposed to be empty."

"I found out only a few people were here in the neighborhood," Ben told him, "Seems like one of them spotted you from a distance."

"That would be impossible though," Frank spoke, "Scott was deep inside the house, there was no way people could've saw him."

"What do we do now? Give this one another go?" Stacey asked.

"Yes, only this time, find another house that doesn't have people around the area," Scott said. "Tomorrow, we'll just steal whatever there is to steal."

The next morning, Spike was in his room looking through his telescope wearing an army helmet. Peewee was on his shoulder who was in it for the action. Spike looked around the neighborhood looking for the thief again. He was going to catch him this time, and made sure he didn't imagined it. Twilight and Shining had already left the house. Spike all alone again.

Scott and his gang tried again as they did the same routine. Ben was in the van with Stacey. He drove to the other end of the street dropping her off.

"Make sure you act natural." Ben said to her.

"I will when this stupid dog stop drooling on me." Stacey said.

A dog jumped out of the car. It was Winona; Applejack's dog.

"At least you have someone company with you." Ben said driving off.

Stacey looked at Winona. The dog sticks her tongue out happily breathing.

"I hate dogs." Stacey said, as she puts a leash on her and began to jog.

Frank was dressed up as an old man again walking around the place. He felt stupid wearing it again. Scott went to a house pick locking the door again. He enters and close the door locking it from behind. He took out his bag and put random things in it.

Spike looked at house to house seeing if there was a thief. He did it repeatedly. He notice an old man walking down the side walk. Spike thought it could be anything and resume on the search. He then notice a lady jogging with the dog. Spike took a moment looking at them.

"That's weird." Spike said thinking the dog was Winona.

Scott head upstairs getting a few things. He was smiling and laughing that this was easy for him.

Spike turned the scope to the next house and finally found the thief again. Spike gasped. He remember what Twilight said to him. 'Always double check' she said to him. Spike looked again making sure. The thief was still there. Spike looked again. Still there. Spike knew he was real by checking three times. He waited for a while before he could call the police. He had to time it perfectly. He saw him on the second floor with his bag full. This was Spike's perfect opportunity. He rushed down stairs grabbing the phone again. He dial 911 calling the police.

Scott was almost done with the place when he heard his walkie-talkie beeping.

"What is it?" Scott asked.

"You've got trouble!" Ben said through the talkie.

Where Ben was at, he saw police cars zooming past him. Scott began throwing the items back where he found them.

"Again?" Scott said to himself rushing through the house.

Stacey saw the cops at the house already. Frank saw them as well.

"Scott, get the hell out of there," Frank said to Scott warning him in the talkie.

Scott hustled with thee last item. When he puts it back he could hear the cops busting into the house. He went to the basement thinking of a way to escape.

"Find some place to hide, Scott!" Stacey got worried for Scott.

Scott didn't found a single way out. He could her the cops coming downstairs. He had an idea that just might work. The cops rushed downstairs aiming their guns. They search the basement and saw nobody down here. They went back upstairs continuing the search. Scott was on the ceiling holding himself between wooden beams.

Later, Twilight came by the house with Spike by her side. The police came to them telling them the news.

"There was no on in the house, nothing was stolen," the cop looked at Spike disappointed, "Kid, false alarms can get you into trouble. Don't let it happen again."

Spike sighed. He was more disappointed than the policeman. He and Twilight went back inside the house. The Diamond Dogs came by seeing what was going on.

"What's going on?" Fido asked.

"A false alarm, a green hair kid who is sick keeps making prank calls." the officer answer.

The Diamond Dogs grinned knowing it was Spike, "How embarrassing," Rover said smiling.

In the house, Spike, Twilight, and Shining Armor were in the room with the police chief. They sat in the living room discussing about the break-in.

"Son, making prank phone calls can lead you to serious matters." the chief said.

"It wasn't a prank phone call!" Spike said to him, "There was a man dressed in black in a house stealing."

"Nothing was stolen."

"Maybe he put them back when he heard you guys coming."

The chief took a deep breath and puffed the air out of him, "We know that it's scared being alone in a house," the chief continued, "We had this before with kids, always imagining the smallest thing. Just make sure this doesn't happen again."

"It won't, officer, will it, Spike." Twilight got onto him.

Spike walked out of the living room. He stopped and turned around for a second telling them something, "Sorry for being a good citizen." Spike said to the chief.

"Spike!" Twilight said watching him walking upstairs, "I'm so sorry about that."

"It's okay, as long as he doesn't do it again it'll be all fine." the chief said walking out of the house.

Twilight looked at Shining Armor. She was going to get onto Spike big time. Shining stopped her before she head upstairs.

"Go easy on him." he said.

Course he was right. Twilight listened and head on upstairs. She saw Spike waiting on her telling her what happen.

"You are in big trouble." Twilight pointed at him.

"I told the truth to the law." Spike said back talking her.

"I don't want to hear it, Spike," Twilight said kneeling down to his size, "First I went easy on you, now I'm going to be serious. You can't just keep doing this, Spike."

"I saw a thief in the house, Twilight, I even double check, I checked three times." Spike said.

"Spike, I was worried, I thought this time something actually happen," Twilight hugged him, "I'm not mad, but I should be. But I'm worried that this might actually happen."

"This is happening, Twilight!" Spike said.

"I'll let you say that, but I won't believe it," Twilight said looking him in the eyes, "You know what, I heard mom and dad are coming back home in two days."

"That'll be great." Spike said.

"See, you aren't going to be alone," Twilight hugged him again, "Just don't do it again. Please?"

Spike knew Twilight was worried. So he did promise her. For real this time. Back at the secret hide out where the Timberwolves were at, they were getting mad that they were almost caught again.

"What went wrong?" Scott barked at them, "I'm giving you strict orders about the neighborhood. I want to know what's going on and how the cops keep coming after us!"

"Someone is spying on us for sure." Frank said.

"No shit," Ben said, "What we need to know is who's spying on us."

"What should we do, Scott? Find another spot?" Stacey asked.

"No! My father wanted this!" Scott shouted. "I'm not going anywhere until I fulfill my dad's dream! I won't rest! I won't stop! I will knock Equestria off the map if I have to! That's what my father wanted!" The three got scared by Scott's temper. Scott quickly calms himself sitting down, "Tomorrow, we'll break in another house," he said calmly. "Without disturbance, people, and mistakes. Tomorrow we hit hard."

At Spike's house, Spike was in bed with Peewee. He got out of bed walking towards the window. He looks outside at the night stars. He looks at the neighborhood and couldn't let the thief get away easily. Spike wouldn't give up that easily.

"If no one is going to believe me, looks like I have to do it myself." Spike said heading back to bed.

Tomorrow morning, he has plans to find a way to stop the thief and put him behind bars.