• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 1,744 Views, 15 Comments

Looking Beyond the Mirror - Choices Accepted



Twilight has discovered a new power though she is unaware of what type it is. Before she can truly being experimenting another evil begins destroying Equestria.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,744

Chapter 3

Once again Twilight barely had time to brace herself before she was tumbling out of a dark hole and into a pile of pillows.

“Aw I knew I put those pillows in the wrong place,” spoke a voice above her.

With a growl Twilight was so tempted to give him one of her ‘Discords being a jerk’ spells but this was not her Discord back home. This was a King and since she didn’t know the exact wording of the treaty it would probably be bad if she attacked a monarch.

“Yea I bet,” Twilight growled out instead and looked around. She was in a small room surrounded by four doors. Each wall and door was painted a different color. Looking up there was no sky but a painting of Discord sitting on a throne. The painting leaned forward as it also examined her.

“Oh what is this? I knew Celestia and Luna were sisters but I didn’t think they were THAT close. Which one do you call Mommy?” Discord burst into laughter.

Twilights cheeks burned in anger.

“They are not my parents so don’t go getting ideas. I offered my services to the Queens for their help with another matter back in my home world. Now…” with a twitch of magic her mane was pulled back into an elegant bun with a few tendrils loose on each side. She then applied the health bubble as well.

“I am here to assess your medical illness and prescribe the right diagnosis.” Her tone brooked no argument.

“You will have to find me first. Pick a door any door and may it corrupt you along the way.” His voice echoed around the room.

“I don’t have time for your games Discord.” A thought struck her. “Is this what you have been doing to the doctors and nurses that are sent to take care of you!?”

“Now what would be the fun in just telling you? How about we make a deal? If you can find me before the end of the day, I will submit myself to your treatment and answer any questions you have.”

“And should I lose?”

“You stay and play with me in my wonderful house of fun … forever.”

“I get to keep my magic and my wings, and you agree to never do this to anypony again along with being properly treated for any illnesses.”

“You’ll actually play?” the disbelief in his voice was evident.

“I don’t see why not. I’m saving more ponies from being mentally scarred in the future. So do we have a deal?” she asked looking up at him.

“Yes, hahaha. I will even give you a clue for being such a good sport. Should it be a room of three, is no guarantee there I will be. Check back again to a room of five and from there you are in for a dive. The figure eight is no new stranger but rise up again and you’ll find me later.”

His voice slowly faded from the room as his image stilled in the portrait.

“Alright Sparkle no time to waste. Your family and friends are counting on you so getting stuck here is not an option.” Twilight decided to keep her mane up though as a precaution.

She opened the first a dark blue wall with a light pink door to see a field of poison joke.

The next was a dull yellow door and bright red wall which opened up to nothing but darkness.

The third, a burnt orange door with a white wall had a snapping rockodile. She slammed that one closed.

At the last door, which was a dark green on a faded brown wall there was a trail of red carpet with small tables scattered about covered in all different types of food. Cupcakes and daisy sandwiches, hay fries and apple fritters. The aroma had Twilight’s mouthwatering and she took one step towards that door. The scent circled her, enticing her with the deliciousness before her. It had been so long since she’d gotten to indulge, one quick bite or two wouldn’t hurt.

No Twilight, this is the door he wants you to take. Snap out of it!! Shaking her head Twilight stepped back and with a reluctance bordering on ‘I don’t wanna’ she slammed that door closed too.

“Food,” she whispered at the door in longing. With a turn she looked at the two remaining doors that were left open as options.

“Yea even if he was standing right there I am not running through poison joke again,” Twilight muttered and with a run leapt into the black abyss.

Meanwhile Discord had seen Twilight step toward the door with all the food and had turned away laughing. He knew the pony would go after the food. They all did. Once she had eaten her fill she would sleep until the end of the game and he couldn’t wait. He rubbed his hands in anticipation.

“Oh the wonderful games we’ll play from now on. I should go get her room ready.” With an excited squee Discord snapped his fingers and disappeared from the room missing Twilights escape from the food door and entrance into another.

xXx

“Me falling seems to be a theme today,” Twilight grumbled to herself. Her wings were spread out to slow her descent but in her eyes it was still falling. A few minutes later there was a sound below her.

Boing, boing, boing

What is that? she thought.

A pinprick of light began forming below her and the sound was getting closer. Soon she was floating down into a room with tiny specks that were bouncing all over the place. Looking up she saw the roof seal up and more of those tiny things started jumping off of that. Then Twilight felt something wiggling against her wings.

“Yeep!” she ruffled her feathers and flapped her wings. One of those things came flying out. Then a tickle under her forelegs and another wiggle all around her back, Twilight struggled again this time also trying to stop from laughing. She clapped her hooves and was able to catch one those things she took a closer look at it.

“A jumping bean?” the little bean wiggled and swayed and finally escaped her grasp to join its brethren.

The beans multiplied and began bouncing on Twilight even more. She tried to hold it in but the tickling was getting worse.

“Bwahahaha. Gotta... hahaha... get out of... hahaha... here.” She sent a blast of magic at the walls but that did nothing. Stepping on them just gave a tickle under her hooves and stomping on them made her bounce.

“Hmm,” Twilight stomped on them again and was lifted a little higher into the air. Laughing as she bounced Twilight was pleased to see a door slowly fade into view. She stopped bouncing to walk over to it and the door disappeared. Resuming her bouncing the door started appearing again until it was fully formed. Not chancing it disappearing she bounced over to it and it opened out for her.

Ahead was a long platform in the middle of a spinning room.

“Grr I hate this part. I guess both Discords have some things in common.” A flap of her wings and she was in the dizzying room. Luckily for her it was a quick pass through and not a test even if she felt a little nauseous. Once that door had closed behind her she was standing at the top of a really long slide. Going down the slide she ended up in a room with multiple versions of herself?

“Duh,” Twilight knocked a hoof on her head. “A mirror maze. Not like I hadn’t been through this a few times.”

Twilight eventually landed in a faux garden surrounded by statues of Discord in different poses. She couldn’t help but let out a chuckle at the irony.

After what seemed like hours she ended up in a corridor of unending doors. Each door either had a number letter or random shape and there was no order of numbers or even a pattern to the shapes and letters. At least to anyone who didn’t have a chaotic god as a husband.

“If there’s one thing a disharmonious god can’t stand, it’s an unfinished gag,” Twilight said to herself. She trotted down the hallway but it was only to one tune and one tune alone.

“Shave and a haircut…” she sang as her hooves tapped it pausing by a few doors then going forward.

Meanwhile Discord had just finished creating and decorating his new priso-er guests rooms. A bright hot pink bed with matching rugs over a swampy floor. An electric green bathroom with strobe lights. He even created a kitchen for her own use, granted it was upside down but what was the fun in cooking the normal way. Just as he was about to add a few wall hangings, of himself of course, a strange sound reached his hears.

Tap tap ta-tap tap

“Huh,” his ear twitched but he ignored it and went back to snapping his fingers. Then the noise got louder.

Tap tap ta-tap tap

“Hm Hm,” he hummed and furrowed his brow. There was something in that song. Yes it was calling out to him but what could it want?

Tap Tap Ta-Tap Tap

It was getting louder and a voice was singing with it.

“Shave and a haircut…” but it didn’t finish the song. How dare that voice not finish the song?!

TAP TAP TA-TAP TAP

He couldn’t take it anymore. It had to come out it had to be completed!

“TWO BITS!!!!” Discord burst out of the room with a barber’s quartet and a blast of confetti.

Not taking any chances Twilight tackled him to the ground.

“Found you. I win.”

“Wha? Bu? How? You?” Red yellow eyes stared in confusion at the purple alicorn on top of him. Her hair was a tangled mess and there were grass stains all over her but she had a triumphant smirk on her face.

“Now make a magical oath. Promise to no longer mentally harm or seriously injure others with your chaos,” Twilight said.

“Lookie here now..”

“I. Said. Do it.” She growled getting in his face.

Discord felt his face warm up and denied to himself he was blushing and he definitely did not think the fierce glare from the purple alicorn was cute because it wasn’t. Obviously he was just embarrassed from losing and anything would look cute if you hadn’t seen anypony for days, months, years at a time. Not that he thought she looked cute. Discord really wanted this pony off him now.

“I, Discord, King of Chaos and Disharmony do hereby swear to not mentally harm or seriously injure others with my chaos,” He said disdainfully and snapped his paw.

In a flash of light he was floating in the air again away from that aggravating pony that he didn’t think was cute.

Twilight shook her head as the bright flash had blinded her for a moment. Looking around she found Discord in the air and smiled up at him.

“Now that’s out of the way do you have a place I could freshen up?”

“Why would I let you stay here when you ruined all my plans and made me make that awful oath?”

Stepping deeper into the room Discord had burst out of; she saw that he had indeed created a room for her anticipating her loss.

“Because were friends now. I’ll be right back to give you a checkup.” Twilight then disappeared into the bathroom locking and magically enforcing the door. That left a dumbfounded Draconequus still floating in the air thinking about her words.

“Friends? Is this feeling…. Friendship?” With a huff Discord disappeared not liking this change to his abnormal routine. If the pony wanted to play doctor she could go find somepony else.

xXx-end chp 3

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading. <(^_^<)~

Comments ( 5 )

Awesome there's an update, love how Twilight predicts Discord I find it rather amusing.

com on this story is nice
please continue

I hope you continue this story is getting good.:pinkiehappy:

This is a fun story. Hope you continue

GODDAMIT YOU LEFT US AT A CLIFFHANGER

Login or register to comment