• Published 22nd Jul 2015
  • 617 Views, 5 Comments

To Cure Deception - LegionPothIX



A failed suicide attempt leaves a changeling in a hospital with amnesia. Obsessed with the unknown this pretender will find answers he'll really wish he hadn't.

  • ...
8
 5
 617

Act 0 | Forward

Author's Note:

What is a pony?

"I don't fucking know, sir," a changeling once more growled in response to her superior's inquiry, "I was just asked to deliver it to you when I made my own report."

"Sit down, H.K.," the handler ordered his agent, "We're going to go over this once more from the top." The handler read aloud the unedited cover letter, hoof-delivered by the changeling in question, which topped off a stack of papers bearing the red stamp of 'Classified: Queen’s Executive Directive' over a black stamp of 'Field Report'.

Evolution Institute
CC: Director of Internal Affairs, Watchlist Management, HSB Oversight Committee

To whom it may concern,
I understand that by the time you receive this there, you will have more questions than answers, given the events that have unfolded in the past weeks, and the subsequent injunctions. Though I've been declared dead, and have been assigned Q.E.D. watchlist status; I still feel it my duty to clear up any questions that remained unanswered by your investigations. As you've no doubt already discovered the seemingly disconnected events that led us to this position, and you must be wondering how exactly they fit together to cause a changeling such as myself to do what I did.

I can only explain it to you the way I remember it, and this will be my final mission report. Do bear in mind you know my squad better than anyling, the propensity that one member has for profanity, and the many sanctions she has on file for it. Note that I no longer feel any obligation to curtail her for your sake.

Regards,
Lucas Greymane