• Published 21st Sep 2014
  • 10,269 Views, 512 Comments

Applegate - Flutters Is Shy



Introvert Wade Jallecks gets teleported to equestria by the merchant. At least he has a morphing device to help him. But how the hell is he supposed to deal with a land full of individuals wanting nothing more than to be friends?

  • ...
43
 512
 10,269

5- Disturbed by Dumbasses

It all started when Applejack brought the human to the "friendship castle". (Twilight hated the moniker, but it had quickly stuck) She had brought it in, going on about how it had been walking around on Sweet Apple Acres before her brother had tied it up in the barn. Twilight had facehoofed at this, sometimes Big Macs protectiveness had a tendency to overshadow his common sense. Applejack had then continued, describing how the human had changed into a female version of Big Mac, and than ran off towards town. This had of course piqued Twilights interest, but apparently the human had refused to answer any of Big Macs or Applejacks questions, right up to the point it had tried to lose the brother sister duo in the Everfree forest.

Applejack at this point detailed how whilst following the human, a timberwolf had come out of the brush and savagely attacked the human turned pony, rendering it unconscious. She had then apparently been making her way to the hospital with the poor dear on her back, when he had changed back, rendering his injury null and void. Truly a remarkable ability, if they could implement this type of spell(for what else could such an ability be? Even a changelings tranformative powers didn't completely negate injuries...)they could probably save countless lives. Applejack had then decided to bring the human to Twilight, having remembered from her descriptions through the mirror in the Crystal Empire the vague description of one of the inhabitants she had encountered on the other side.

After reassuring Applejack that she'd keep an eye on the human(quickly taking him down to her workspace-spike called it her dungeon. much to his amusement. Twilight didn't find it that funny- she had laid him on a cot near one of her scanning devices) Twilight had hit a dead end. Not much in the way for data accumulation when the subject is asleep, now is there? So she had done something she wasn't really proud of, but considered necessary. She looked through its pack.

It had an assortment of what she assumed were food bars(they had wrappings on them similar to what she had seen in the human world, but for some reason she couldn't read any of the lettering.), a couple long sleeved shirt things, a hoofball hat(the humans probably called it something else)a large plastic bottle filled with water and several other things she couldn't identify. She was about to give up on the main pouch and check the side pouches when her hoof brushed it.

It was a perfect cube. Each side was perfectly flat, and perfectly aligned with its counterparts. Twilight could feel a immense well of magical energy within the cube, so she had taken it out of the humans backpack. It was then that everything went horribly wrong.

<Species not recognized. Application rejected.>

It was a voice that echoed in her head without words, only she could still understand it. Knowing now that there was something hidden in the inner workings of this cube Twilight quickly lost sense of time, experimenting on it in every way she could imagine. To no avail. It didn't give off any energy or magic readings to any of her machines, although when she inspected it herself she could feel it had a massive amount within it. She couldn't push any magic into it, or draw any out of it. It resisted her all of her efforts to derive any effects out of it, save for one increasingly annoying sentence.

<Species not recognized. Application rejected.>

No matter what part of her body she pressed to it it was always the same, infuriating sentence.(she had even tried it with her tail. Didn't change anything.) It had finally gotten to the point she had tried to hurl it at the wall. Emphasis on the word 'try'. She had managed to hit the human square in the back of the head, causing him to roll around on the floor in pain, filling her little dragons ears with curse words that'd make even Sombra blush with shame. The human had then gotten up and chastised her on opening his backpack. She'd only been trying to help! Well, originally...before she got distracted. She then had ended up making the human her mothers famous triple whipped pancakes(well, famous within the family, at least) and the human ended up becoming sick from it. Twilight openly seethed at her foalishness, she should have known humans wouldn't react well to hay based products, she'd seen what they ate at the school, she should have known!

But after the human had returned from the bathroom ( take the right door from the kitchen, go left down the hall, take the door on the left, go down that hall and go in the door second to last on the right. what. this place was a maze, she had nearly gotten lost in it before she started memorizing the layout...) she had come across some extraordinary information. The cube was a relic that enabled the user to shift between forms! She had immediately demanded a demonstration (requested, she'd have claimed) and got a shock of her life. The human had transformed into a picture perfect copy of her! He had seemingly melted, his body twisted and melted till it had mimicked her own form. It was truly a disgusting spectacle, and she had almost gagged herself with her breakfast. But in the end, another Twilight stood in the middle of her dining room, calmly watching as she inspected herself.

It was almost perfect. The mane, the tail, the exact shade of her fur, they were all spot on. But her mirror image didn't have her cutie mark. Definitely something to look into later on. Then the human said something that Twilight wanted to kick herself for overlooking.

"Why are you taller than me?"

A simple statement that sent Twilights mind into overdrive. The copy form was indeed smaller than herself, but so familiar to her that she had overlooked such a difference. The horn was slightly shorter now that she looked closer, and she obviously(er...he? it was hard to think of this form as masculine so close it was to her own) was wingless. It was a perfect copy of her allright. A perfect copy of her before she became an Alicorn. The possibilities this could entail, the experiments she would have to undertake! Her mind was awash with such thoughts until one certain mare brought her mind crashing back into the present.

"Look out Twilight its a changeling!"

With a rush of air, Twilight found the space in front of her empty. Looking off to her right however she saw an alarming sight. Rainbow Dash had tackled the human(still wearing her body) and slammed it into the floor, knocking it unconscious. She stood ontop of him, with a foreleg cranked behind him in a method which Twilight found hard to even look at.

"Never Fear, your friendly neigh-borhood Rainbow Dash is here!"her friend declared, perched on the human like she had just taken down a mythical beast. "No, no need to thank me, I simply help where I can." she said with a smile, suddenly clamming up as she saw the frown stamped across her friends face. "What? I stopped the changeling before it could hurt you, Spike or the hoo-men you got holed up in here, so whats the problem?" Rainbow asked, confused at her friends displeasure. Her confusion only deepened at her bookish friends next words.

"You're sitting ontop of the 'hoo-men', Rainbow Dash." Twilight stated plainly.

Rainbow looked back at the crumpled form beneath her, then back to Twilight. "Doesn't look anything like how you said it did." she said in a dry tone.

"It...HE was demonstrating his abilities when you decided to come and render him unconscious. Now look at him!" She waved a hoof towards 'him', whom Rainbow at this point had wisely gotten off of. 'His' tongue lolled out, and his eyes were closed as a light snore escaped his lips.

"So...its not a changeling?"

"No."

"Can we say I didn't do this?"

"No."

"Oh come on, I was only trying to protect you guys, it wasn't like I tried to knock him back out..."

"Doesn't matter," Twilight sighed, "I now have to go get medicine for him, and I'm not carrying him."

"What?" Rainbows eyes bugged out at what Twilight was insinuating. She was being drafted as a workhorse? But she had been planning on the perfect nap after going and seeing Twilight! This wasn't fair! "You...you can just leave him here! Yeah!" she reasoned, its not like he'd just walk off or anything, right?"

"Right, I'm just going to leave a scared individual who prior to arriving in town was attacked by Big Mac, and then was attacked by a timberwolf, and then, in what SHOULD have been the safety of a civilized household attacked AGAIN , in an unfamiliar environment without anyone to talk to should he actually wake up. Come on, you were probably just going to nap the day away again."

Rainbow Dash wrinkled her muzzle a bit at this, it was what she was planning to do, but Twilight didn't have to make it sound like it was a waste of time. Naps were essential to her, seeing as she spent a vast amount of time doing advanced air stunts. If she was ever going to be good enough to join the wonderbolts, she'd have to be one of the best. And being the best took practice. And practice took plenty of naps. Twilight placed the hoo-men on her back, and she tried not to buckle at the weight. "Geeze Twilight, whatcha been eating?" she asked in a joking manner.

"Thats...its not me, its him." She stated, her purple covered cheeks shining through with unrestrained red. It was good to know she could still get her on some things. Ever since she had become a princess, she had become more and more impossible to prank.

"So where we going?" Rainbow Dash asked, adjusting her load as they walked down the street. They managed to draw quite a few looks from passing ponies, and even Mayor Mare worriedly came up to ask of Twilight before she assured her that 'It wasn't a changeling'.

"Well, from what Applejack said, it was heading towards Fluttershys before it tried to lose them in the Everfree Forest. I'd like to ask her if she knows anything about this, then we can go over to Zecora's and see if she knows anything. At the very least, we can see if we can't get any medicine from her, and then we'll head back to the-"Twilight sighed, screwing up her face and massaging her brow at her distaste of her friends chosen moniker for her new castle. "Friendship Castle. Again, I was wondering if I could change that. I'm still partial to Calico Castle, why can't I call it that?"

"Cause then it sounds like the 'Olde Cat Lady Castle', it just sounds so lame!" Rainbow retorted.

They continued on like this for a time, till finally they arrived at Fluttershys cottage. She was hesitant to open the door at first, until she realized the 'changeling' was simply a 'hoo-men' and wasn't even awake. When she learned Rainbow Dash had inadvertently hurt it, she had all but thrown open her door scattering wild birds and mammals alike while she pleaded with Twilight and Rainbow to "bring it inside, oh please hurry!" After laying Twilights double on her living room couch(and displacing Angel bunny to his immense displeasure) Fluttershy quickly took stock of his/her body, finally coming to the conclusion that she/he only had a small bump on her chin. Apparently Rainbow Dash had simply knocked her/him out, causing no further damages.

"What about the back of his head?" Twilight asked, pointing at the back of the unicorn Twilights head. "He uh...injured himself earlier." she stated, looking at the ground and blushing.

"I didn't see anything wrong, The only wound I could find was on her...uhm...his chin." She stated, confusing Twilight greatly.

So the 'morph' could heal any damage? Not only something as grievous as an amputation but as small as a bump and a bruise? If only she could have gotten the cube to work before the 'hoo-men' had waken up and taken his property back...Come to think of it, she hadn't even asked him his name. In her defense he hadn't seen fit to give it.

It was during her musing that the 'hoo-men' woke up.

~----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~

I woke up to a dull pain in my chin. It all came rushing back to me in a flash, and I hurriedly tried to throw myself out of the way... only to pathetically roll my side into the back of the couch I was laying on. A couch, that was in the middle of some sort of...small house. The roof was thatched wood and hay above me, and I could see animals all over the place. Out the window, I swear I even saw a seal. Like an 'ork ork' type seal. I was still in the form of Twilight, well her slightly diminished form at least. I was on my back, with a blanket draped over me. A little rabbit was...glaring at me threateningly. He hopped up on the couch since he saw I was awake, and started kicking me in the face with his stubby little paws. It managed to gain a yelp of surprise from me as I fell off the couch.

"Oh I am so sorry!" Came a worried voice from the...kitchen area. Looking over, I saw the Purple menace standing in the kitchen area with the Rainbow Blur and-...oh hey, it was Fluttershy. She looked exactly like the character my sister had continuously showed me, trying to persuade to buy her a one at the convention. At the thought, my gut managed to die a little. I wonder if she was worried about me, if my friend had found out I was missing, if the police were out looking for me...the thought of that last one managed to make me smile.

"Angel bunny, that wasn't very nice..." Angel? More like Demon. The little menace had the gall to stick his tongue out at me from the lip of the couch. Fluttershy flew over and swept him up in her little...stubby leg arms. She took him outside, telling to go 'play'. I turned towards Twilight and asked her a question pressing to the front of my mind.

"Didjoo see the freight train that hit me?" Twilight had an unamused look on her face, but the Rainbow Blur suddenly looked at the wall, suddenly very interested in the random stuff Fluttershy had hanging on it.

"That was Rainbow Dash, the pegasus standing beside me." She gestured towards the Rainbow Blur.

"Look, I'm reeeeally sorry bout that, thought you were a changeling, but really, can you blame me?" She gestured towards me, and I was now aware I was still copying Twilights form.

"Really. I don't much care. Just please, don't let it happen again." I closed my eyes, and felt myself start to morph. I kept my original form at the forefront of my mind, and soon enough I was back to my old self. Opening my eyes, I saw Blur looking at me with a look of both disgust and wonder. I doubled over, not in pain, but...tired. Tired I guess is the right word. I felt like I just did five hundred jumping jacks in a row. It spread throughout my body, but wasn't enough to completely lay me low.

"So that's what 'hoo-mens' look like? Weird. I thought it'd have more color." They knew about humans? Well that was new. Not totally unexpected though, magic ponies leave little in the way of reason in my mind. Blur brushed past Twilight, and went out the front door. Said she needed to 'stretch her wings after being groundbound for so long'.

"Shoulda seen me this morning." Purple menace lost a little bit of color at this, perhaps they weren't as welcoming towards this sense of humor.

"Oh...my." Fluttershy stood in the doorway, looking me over like I was some new creature she had never seen before. Thinking about it, she probably hadn't. "You're really...tall." She was really short, now that I thought about it. All the ponies were. Barely half my meager height of 5''9.

I heard a fluttering above me, and watched as a bat dropped from the rafters and attached itself to my shirt sleeve. I panicked, and thrust my arm as far as I could away from myself.

"Oh, please don't panic, this is just Ferdanando, he's harmless, I swear." she tried to placate me, and I finally settled down. Looking from the bat to Fluttershy, I got a crazy idea in my head. One that most likely wouldn't work. They never tried it in the books,but they never said it couldn't be done. This wasn't that different from a standard hybrid match, except that I wanted to try two different species. In a world of magical ponies, why wouldn't this work?

"Would...you mind if I tried something?" I asked, raising my hand towards Fluttershy. She looked at it as if it was a poisonous viper about to kill her.

"Its all right Fluttershy, its just his 'morph' thing." Twilight tried to reassure her. I think she just wanted to see me morph again. Friggin scientist.

"Oh...all right..." she muttered meekly. I raised my hand towards her again, and for her credit she didn't flinch away from it this time. I touched one hand to her forehead(the arm the bat was hanging from) and my free hand to the bat. Ferdinando. Or whatever she had called it. I began the acquiring process, and Fluttershy got a far off look in her eyes. Ferdinando however, looked at me with confusion in his eyes, tracking back and forth between and Fluttershy. Guess he was the rare subject that wasn't affected by the lethargy. Or maybe it simply hadn't worked.

I finished, and removed my hands. Twilight had this entire time been writing away on a pad of paper she had pulled from somewhere. Blur was still outside, screaming in delight from some sort of flying she was doing out of eyeshot. Fluttershy eventually looked up to me with questioning eyes, as if to ask what it was I had done. I wanted to test it out, so I guess I would show her soon enough.

With a nod towards Purple(she had her quill hovering above the pad, a look of manic excitement in her eyes. Friggin scientists.) I started the morph. Standard affair. Flesh melted and twisted. Hair and fur grew at an alarming rate. One thing new, however. I felt my sides break as muscles and bone formed, and felt as wings burst forth and formed. By the end, I stood there, half my height and very very fuzzy.

"Omygosh, was that a hybrid morph? You look exactly like when-" Twilight almost managed to finish her train of thought. Almost.

"LOOK OUT TWILIGHT FLUTTERBATS BACK BLAST HER WITH THE MAGICS!"

Rainbow dumbass flew into me, pinning me to the floor once again.

Wonderful.