• Published 21st Sep 2014
  • 10,278 Views, 515 Comments

Applegate - Flutters Is Shy



Introvert Wade Jallecks gets teleported to equestria by the merchant. At least he has a morphing device to help him. But how the hell is he supposed to deal with a land full of individuals wanting nothing more than to be friends?

  • ...
43
 515
 10,278

4- Distastfully Disgusting

"HORGLEOOOOOOORFFF!" I said. Well, not so much said as spewed. Purple menace made pancakes. After several apologies directed towards my gastric distress- all whilst I regurgitated three pancakes and a glass of orange juice- we eventually came to the conclusion that I can't eat 'hay based pancake batter'. A shame, really. Not only was my gut empty after two days of being comatose(can't see any other reason I'd be asleep for over 9 hours), my ribcage now felt like it was trying to squeeze my insides out my throat. Throwing up sucks. You'd think the human body would find an easier way of evacuating all the stuff in the stomach without causing it so much pain.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she asked.

"Hup-LEEEEEUUUUUUUUOOOGGGGHHHHH." I managed to reply, tactfully.

She gave a little huff and left me to my porcelain/crystal trough/throne. It was more or an oval than most toilets I'm used to. Guess it was to be expected, what with differences in physiology. Oh well. I'd apparently been dragged to some sort of...crystal mansion thing. The walls, the floors, even the doors was made of the stuff. This place was a maze, too, just halls upon halls of doors and doorways. I swear I had even gone past a gym at one point. Can't say for sure though, I was a bit busy trying to hold onto my breakfast.

I eventually managed to settle my stomach to the point where I was able to make my way back to the dining area. I spied a bowl of fruit, so I picked up an apple on my way back to my previous seat. The dragon kid looked a bit miffed that I simply took a bit of food without asking, but he got his fill of jewel encrusted pancakes so he could go stuff himself. And yeah, he ate jewels. I saw him pop a sapphire in his mouth and crunch it like it was just a mouthful of corn flakes. The jaw strength he must have is freakish. Purple menace was poking at my Escafil Device again, turning it over on the table.

"Find out anything interesting?" I asked around a mouthful of apple. It was damned good apple too. Not too sweet, not too sour, and it had a lasting taste that didn't cling to the back of my throat. It seemed that Purple hadn't noticed my arrival, seeing as she had a surprised look plastered across her face.

"When did you-? Doesn't matter. What is this?" she asked, thrusting the Escafil Device towards me, where it rested flat on her hoof. It gave a single pulse of blue light and then-

<Species not recognized. Application rejected.>

So the damn cube had been saying that. And in thought-speak to boot. In the books, the Escafil Device was made by a race of aliens called Andelite. The Andelite didn't have mouths or vocal cords(they actually ate through their hooves. yes hooves. they kinda looked like centaurs.), so they had developed a telepathic communication that they then implemented in their technology. According to the books, it could be focused to only a select individual or individuals(private) or it could be used to address everyone in a given area.

"And why does it keep saying that?" she whined at me. She had her face screwed up in a pitiful expression. It was almost funny.

"Its an Escafil Device, and I can only assume you pissed it off or something." at this she gave a surprised look towards it, then drew it closer to her face. Supposedly to get a better look.

"Its alive?" She asked. As much as I would like to lead her on, I'd rather nip this in the bud. Lies tend to end up spiraling out of control for me. More often than not.

"No, its just a machine. A very advanced machine, but just a machine." I sighed. I just remembered that she had called it a 'magic' cube. She was more than likely going to raise a fuss about this now.

"But its made of magic, its not a machi-"

"LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA not listening!" I stated, placing my hands over my ears. I try not to be a jerk, but I absolutely hate when people go off on tangents, expecting me to understand what all it is they're saying. It had served to jostle Purple out of her sermon of magic techno babble. She stood there, the Escafil Device extended on her hoof before her. She looked at me like I had grown a second head. I had basically just snapped at her.

"Sorry, I...Kinda have a lot going on. Woke up in a strange girls house, you know?" At my implication, she full on blushed. It was adorable, and at least there's a such thing as modesty in this backwards world where everyone walked around naked. Ho yeah, I noticed. I'm not blind. Or completely stupid, like so many people claimed of me.

I snatched the cube out of her outstretched hoof, startling her. "Mine." I stated dryly, tucking it into my pocket. Her eyes tracked the movement, then snapped back upwards to look at me questioningly. "To simplify explanations, it lets me morph."

"Morph." she repeated, looking at me blankly. "What is 'morph', exactly?" she asked. A simple enough question, but the way she asked made me giggle. Internally, of course.

"Uhhhhhh." I stated. "Its an action? It basically means shifting from one form to another? I think?"

She looked a bit confused at this, staring off into space in deep thought before asking me another question. "Can I see it?"

"See what? The cube? Haven't you had enough of a looksee?" I know I was being a bit rude. Oh well.

"N-no, the morph! Can I see your morph?"

Well, if she wanted to see it, who was I to deny her? I stepped forward, and booped her on the nose. She gave me an expression that I can only assume meant 'the hell ya doin' but I did my best to reassure her.
"I first have to 'acquire' blood through contact-" she drew back with panic in her eyes, "hey hey hey hey, it doesn't hurt, and its less than a drop of blood, like nothing. It doesn't cut or anything, It just requires contact." she settled down at that, but still looked a bit apprehensive. I rested my finger back on the tip of her muzzle, and focused on acquiring her. Her eyes became glazed over, and soon enough it was over. I started morphing into her, my skin stretching and melting into itself. Again my clothes morphed with me, which in all honesty shouldn't happen. In the books, they always had problems with clothes, and anything that wasn't skintight was summarily ripped to shreds or was simply shrunk out of. Something to think on at a later point in time.

In short order I was once again a quadruped, but this time I found myself covered in purple hair and with a horn of...bone-stuff jutting out of my brow. The dragon was staring openly at me, his jaw open comedically wide. I looked over at the Purple menace and noticed...she was taller then me. That was weird. I decided to voice my concerns.

"Why are you taller than me?"

She looked down at me(she was at least a few inches taller than me) in amazement, then proceeded to circle me, looking at me from seemingly every angle. She finally stopped in front of me,

"You look exactly like when I was a unicorn." she stated, apparently dumfounded.

"You're...not a unicorn?" She sure looked like one. She turned her side to me and....fluttered a wing at me. Huh. "Well that's odd, it should be a perfect copy of the host DNA..." I would have continued in my musing, but I got tackled by a certain rainbow haired pony shouting something about 'changelings'.

Wonderful.