• Published 21st Sep 2014
  • 10,277 Views, 512 Comments

Applegate - Flutters Is Shy



Introvert Wade Jallecks gets teleported to equestria by the merchant. At least he has a morphing device to help him. But how the hell is he supposed to deal with a land full of individuals wanting nothing more than to be friends?

  • ...
43
 512
 10,277

25.1: Debilitating; Rainbow Rocks (unused content)

Author's Note:

So, I have no idea what happened. When I was writing the most recent chapter, I wrote this section and apparently completely forgot about it. Then finished off the chapter in a slightly different way than in the finished product.

As far as I can figure, it picks off right after Wade got back from changing. Oh well.

So, I know I've left you all in the lurch, but hopefully letting you see a bit behind the curtain at something that was left on the chopping block will put a little cheer in your day?

I mean, girl can wear whatever the heck she wants, thats her perogative. She wants to wear armbands, she can darn well wear armbands. She wants to go ahead and put on a sombrerro, she can do that too. I'm just saying that as far as I'm aware, armbands aren't exactly normal sleepwear.

But again, me no know much about 'fashions' and 'stuff'.

"Why're you still wearing shoes?" Rainbow asked, being the first to notice my entrance, "Take 'em off!" she exclaimed exuberantly.

"Can't," I responded, trying to ignore the fact that ALL of them were firmly focused on me. Lucky me. "Turns out my clothes... aren't exactly 'clothes'," I shrugged, sitting down with my back against the wall. While the room was actually fairly large, it still was rather filled due to how many people had decided to stuff themselves into it. "They're more like a second skin thing that looks and acts like clothes, but isn't removable."

Unsurprisingly, my body took this exact moment to arbitrarily act on my internal thoughts. My shoes shrank before my eyes, eventually leaving me with thin ribbons that wrapped around my ankles. Why they didn't just bugger off entirely I didn't know.

"Ooooh, can you do a bit of a flourish with some lace?" Rarity cooed, before wilting under my no nonsense glare. More acurately I stared at her, and she realized I didn't know how to do whatever the heck she was talking about.

"Man, even your toenails are green? Thats hecka weird," Rainbow muttered, her observation petering off under the disaproving stares of her friends. Not my fault they were green. I didn't want them to be green. I'd like them to look like normal nails, but noooo, stupid cube powers, being all nonuser friendly.

"Seriously!" Applejack huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "For a girl who's somehow friends with nearly every athletics club, you sure have a bad sense o' how to make friends."

"To mock ones physical appearance is quite rude," Rarity added.

"Oh lay off," Rainbow whined, gesturing towards me, "she knows I didn't mean it like that."

Again everyones gaze turned towards me, waiting for my reply.

"Meh," I flatly stated, unwilling to devote energy to this than I already had. Green skin, green nails. Haha, lets all laugh at Wade. Whatever. Well, aside from one thing... "Also, 'he'. I won't ask for much, but I'd appreciate if you referred to me in male pronouns. Regardless of the skin I'm wearing."

At that last bit more than a couple faces got a little green. Not as green as mine, but still. Guess the idea of 'wearing someone elses skin' was enough to leave most people sick.

"It's just... odd," Sunset started, simultaniously drawing everyones attention off of me and allowing me to let out a breath I hadn't been knowingly holding. "The very idea of walking around as something else isn't anything new to me," she admitted, a wave of understanding nods bobbing around her, "but to walk around as an entirely different gender? Truth be told, I never quite learned that spell during my studies in Equestria."

Twilight nodded once again, straightening out into what was quickly apparently becoming her 'lecture mode' posture. "Typically, even a full grown unicorn with years of magical study behind them wouldn't have the magical power to perform a gender shift spell, let alone power it for any length of time. It's the kind of spell the princesses wouldn't have much trouble with..." at this her expression turned sheepish, as if finally remembering that she herself was one of those princesses. "Even with my relatively newly expanded magical reserves, I'd be slightly hesitant to try to maintain such a spell. It's not the type of spell to take lightly. Which is sad, seeing as the spell itself is rather useless. Why use a spell that is so magic intensive, and will only last for a few scant moments when modern medicine can impart the same effects, permanently? If somepony wanted to change their gender they could do so safely, and relatively easily with the help of any medical professional worth their salt."

A wide array of

Comments ( 32 )

Interesting, I did like it

Short but sweet, I liked it, I hope that the next chapter comes out soon because this is one of my Fave stories on the site.

Haven't read the story yet, but I have to ask, is the title and blue cube a reference to Animorphs?

8972958
Is the author of Animorphs named K.A. Applegate?

squee! an update from you is magical... I still want to see more two best sisters play or the gamer in equestria. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUIUUUUUT, I'll worry about that later.

I know I didn't say anything on your blog, but it is good to hear from you again.

And so... After a year, he returns only to put half of a chapter...

oh i caught up.... I think i started a few hours ago.

8975304
Was it a cold read? That was interesting, and still gripping.

8975576
I think all the responses to the other worlds are decent, but i am hoping the main arc for Wade makes more progress, the EQG is a good step. Exciting

8974410
Rainbow doesn't trust changelings that wander around disguised as other ponies. 'If they want to fit in with normal ponies, then they should act like normal ponies'.

She might also be slightly prejudiced against their race, who knows.

8976866
The best, least informative answer I can give is 'why not?'
But for now let's just say she was lucky, and found it when she tried to 'expand the cellar'.

I liked that even though it was like a smooth stream and suddenly waterfall when the chapter ended, but I still liked it.

Uh... Gonna ignore the genderswapping tirade... And just ask Wade a question.

So, how many different ponies and creatures can you acquire for one morph? And does the being you acquire a morph from have to be living, or can you just use toenail clippings and stuff?

so what is this story all about anyway?

9056704
so what is this story all about anyway you no Applegate and is he like a warrior or what

9056974
Wade is just a boring, normal individual.
There's absolutely nothing interesting about him, nothing whatsoever. He never goes anywhere interesting, doesn't have any interesting abilities or hobbies, and lives in a bland, normal place.

Awesome story definitely my fav displaced story can't wait for more i'm loving Wade's interactions with everyone

"You know you shouldn't try to force the magic to come..." She said absentmindedly, "It's best to try to get a feel for the magic and then gently nudge it where you want to go... Like sticking a hoof, er appendage, into a stream and guiding the flow. At least, that's how I started until I was able to to actually command magic."

"You know you shouldn't try to force the magic to come..." It was with this comment that I realized I had been haphazardly following Twilight whilst I 'practiced' my magic. I had apparently followed the purple pony right out of the castle and into the streets of the crystal city. Some paragon of astute observation I am. "Its best to try to get a feel for the magic and then gently nudge it where you want to go... like sticking a hoof," she paused, taking a second to look me over as she realized I didn't exactly 'have' hooves. Well, most of the time. "-er, appendage, into a stream and guiding the flow. At least, that's how I started until I was able to actually command magic."

you have two

9649544
Did... You post that in the wrong chapter?

9649767
can't remember what chapter it was sorry

yo its been about two years now, is this story dead? please tell me no, as I actually like this fic

Comment posted by Error 404 pic not found deleted Jun 7th, 2021

Are you okay?

Is there going to be any more of this story

More good

update it we all want to see more chapters soon:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment