• Published 24th Sep 2014
  • 4,211 Views, 249 Comments

Ugh, What Happened Last Night? - JamesBurton



Waking up with a powerful hangover after her friends dragged her away for a girls night out. Twilight Sparkle must embark on an epic quest to locate those who know just what exactly she did last night.

  • ...
32
 249
 4,211

You May Want to Clear Some Confusion

Twilight and Trixie laid comfortably on one of the couches in Twilight's library room. Twilight was reading a book while Trixie was laying on Twilight sleeping peacefully. Twilight chuckles lightly rubbing her wife's back humming a tune. "Hmm? Oh hello there, I didn't see you come in," Twilight closes the book and levitates it back to its proper place back on the bookshelf. "I know forth wall breaking is more of Pinkie's thing but after that last chapter I feel that there are some things that need to be addressed."

Twilight shifts Trixie off of her and lays her on the couch, she goes into the hall closet to retrieve a blanket. "I know we have a large amount of characters and we met many more on our quest, but only a few have anything to do with the story so don't worry." the purple unicorn drapes the cover on her sleeping wife. "But with what happened in the last chapter with Rumble and Thunderlane most of you must be so confused, so allow me to explain." Twilight takes a deep breath but another voice cuts her off before she spoke.

"You see, a long time ago, a pegasus named Rumble fell in love with an earth pony named Apple Bloom." Twilight turns her head to the voice.

"Morgan Freeman?" Twilight said dumbfounded. "What are you doing here?"

Mr. Freeman took a seat on one of Twilight's couches crossing his legs in a dignified gentleman's pose. "I'm here to explain what's going on."

"Uhh, why?" Twilight asked still dumbfounded.

"Because when I come out of nowhere to explain something, I earn a freckle."

Twilight stares blankly for a few seconds before shrugging. "Whatever, would you like some tea Mr. Freeman?"

"Tea sounds lovely little purple unicorn creature."

Twilight merely rolls her eyes as she left the room to retrieve some tea as Morgan Freeman clears his throat preparing to speak again. "Now were was I? Oh yes, Rumble dated Apple Bloom an earth pony while his brother Thunderlane was dating Rarity a unicorn much to the chagrin of Spike. Also Thunderlane was a part of weather team seven with Rainbow Dash, Flitter and Cloudchaser and everything was well. But as they say, happiness doesn't last forever. One day a argument between two friends broke out and was quickly spiraling out of control."

Meanwhile Trixie started stirring awake. She sits up on the couch stretching her limbs. "Whoops," she said rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "I must have fallen asleep while Twilight was still reading." Trixie's eyes wondered over to the man sitting in the chair talking to no one in particular. "Morgan Freeman?"

Just then Twilight returned levitating a cup of tea with her. She sits the cup on the stand next Mr. Freeman and took a seat next to Trixie wrapping a foreleg around her. "Twilight!" Trixie whispered to Twlight. "That's Morgan Freeman!"

"I know Trixie, I know." Twilight replied nonchalantly.

"What's he doing here in our house?" Trixie asked looking back at the man wearing the white suit. "And what is he doing?"

Twilight sighs leaning back on the couch. "Apparently explaining what happened between Rumble, Apple Bloom, Thunderlane and Rarity. You know, that thing that happened a couple of months ago."

"Why?" Trixie asked also dumbfounded. "We already know what happened."

"I know honey but you remember that last chapter which revealed the father of Apple Bloom's foal?"

Trixie snorts while trying to stop from busting out in laughter. "Yes, too bad James Burton sucked at foreshadowing things and almost everyone got confused."

"Well that, and Morgan Freeman earns a freckle every time he explains something." both ponies glance at Morgan Freeman who was still explaining the plot.

"So while the girls were in Las Pegasus they met up with Discord who told them that-"

Trixie leans over to Twilight whispering in her ear. "How long is he gonna keep this up?"

Twilight just shrugs in response.

"So what should we do now?" Trixie asked. "Just go ahead and go back to the story?"

"Eh, sounds like a plan."


Thunderlane steps forward gritting his teeth. "I'm only going to say this one more time, step away from my brother." Applejack reluctantly steps off Rumble and backs away. Rumble get back up and runs behind his older brother. "Now I'm only giving you to the count of five to leave before I call the police."

"Whoa there uh Thunderlane," Rarity steps forward standing in front of the angry pegasus. "There's no need to get the police involved, I'm sure we talk this out."

But Thunderlane only shakes his head angrily. "I'm done talking." Rarity could have sworn he sounded more hurt than angry. "J-Just go." he turns around and motions for Rumble to follow. "C'mon bro, you're taking the rest of the day off."

"B-But Thunderlane." Rarity tries to gain his attention but Applejack puts a hoof on her. Rarity just closes her eyes and wipes a few tears away.

"No, no more tears Rarity!" Rainbow Dash grabs Rarity forcing the white unicorn to look in her eyes. "You gotten that out of your system remember? Don't give this jackass anymore tears! Remember what he and stupid his brother did."

That got Thunderlane to stop dead in his tracks. "What did you say?!" he said in a calm anger like tone. "Because I COULD have sworn that it was that bitch you call a sister fault!"

Everypony in the room gasped. Thunderlane just insulted Scootaloo right in front of Rainbow Dash. Aww horseapples things were about to get bloody very fast.

"I'm sorry, but I could have sworn you just called my lil sis a bitch," the rainbow colored mare digs in her ears cleaning them out. "Would you care to say that again in my face so I can hear you better?"

Rumble tries to hold his brother back but it was no use. Thunderlane steps in front of Rainbow Dash getting in her face. "Your. Sister. Is . A . BITCH!"

*DING* DING* DING*

Rainbow Dash headbuts Thunderlane on the nose causing him reel back in pain. Security guards come from both sides holding both ponies back as the crowd cheers wildly.

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

Then Thunderlane breaks free rushing up to Rainbow Dash landing a solid hit on the eye. The guards restrain him pulling him back before he could land another hit. "THIS IS ALL SCOOTALOO'S FAULT!" he screamed.

"DONT BLAME SCOOTALOO FOR SOMETHING YOU DID!"

*DING*DING*DING*

Both of them broke free charging at each other landing hit after hat on each other. The crowd was absolutely ecstatic watching these two go at it. Finally the security guards separate the two from there fight.

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

Jerry Springer just facepalms shaking his head. "Well be right back after these messages." while Pinkie Pie just looks around confused.

"Ok, what the HELL just happened here?!"

Meanwhile, Rumble was outside sitting on the curb drinking whiskey from a flask while watching his brother and Rainbow Dash get carted off by the police, again. This was the second time that this had happened since last night at that party. Rumble takes another long drink sighing, maybe he should have let Applejack beat him up for breaking Apple Bloom's heart.

"Excuse me?" Rumble looks over to the entryway where Babs Seed stood. "You're Rumble aren't yas?"

"Um, yes I am Rumble," he said. "Can I help you?" Babs makes her way over to Rumble taking a seat next to him. "If you're asking for a date, I'm sorry but I don't want to date anypony right now."

"I'm not askin ya for a date," she said rolling her eyes. "My name is Babs Seed, Apple Bloom's cousin."

Rumble closes the flask and sits it next to him. "If you wish to punch my face in, go ahead, I don't care anymore." the gray pegasus closes his eyes waiting for Babs to hit him, but it never came. "Well? What are you waiting for? I'm the one who broke her heart, go on! Hit me!"

"I'm not hittin ya," Babs said firmly. "Apple Bloom wouldn't like that."

"And why not?!" Rumble growled. "I thought she wanted nothing to do with me anymore! Tell me then Babs! Tell me why hasn't she answered any of my letters!"

"Huh?! She never got a letter from you."

Rumble turns his head sharply to the earth mare. "Bullshit! I sent her hundreds of tear stained letters! Begging her to not let our relationship end the way that it did!"

"What?! She wrote to me, pouring her heart out hoping to get a letter from you so she could-" Babs eyes widen in horror. "Oh my Celestia, y-you don't know, do you?"

"Know what!" Rumble was absolutely furious now. "If you know something! You better tell me right now!"

Babs face falls into a sorrowful look. "Babs? Did something happen to Apple Bloom?" he grabs the earth pony shaking her. "Is she alright! Tell me she's ok!"

"Rumble, I don't know how to tell you this," Babs began. "But Apple Bloom is pregnant, eleven months pregnant. And you're going to be a father."


Twilight and her friends exited the police station with Twilight growling every step of the way. Because Rainbow made the first attack she was now in holding for battery while Thunderlane clamed self-defense and pretty much got off scott free all because Applejack did not have a very good poker face. The girls walked to the nearest café to plan how to get Rainbow Dash out of this.

"See Applejack!" Pinkie exclaimed. "This is why you lose so much money playing poker with us!"

Applejack only covers her face with her hat.

"I think we need to figure out what are we going to do," Fluttershy said firmly.

Twilight nods in agreement. "I agree with Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash needs our help, I'll send Flash a letter asking if he could help us in any way he can." Twilight pulls out a piece of paper and a quill and begins to write. "I suggest we check into a hotel cause we are going to be here for a while."

"Hey, where's Babs?" Fluttershy asked looking around. "Wasn't she with us?" everypony just looked around while Rarity just sat there with her head hung low playing with her tea not really paying attention. "Are you okay Rarity?"

Rarity quickly looks at Fluttershy with a wide smile." I'm fine darling, no need to worry about me! Honest!" the white unicorn chuckles while trying to smile even wider getting closer to Fluttershy's face. "See? This is me jusssssttttt finnnnnnee."

"Oh thank Celestia I found you guys!" Twilight and her friends notice that a gray stallion was rushing towards them. "Listen, I need that reel back."

"Are you talking to us?" Twilight asked the gray stallion. "And what reel?"

"Yes Twilight I am talking to you," he said in a panic. "And its very, very, VERY important that I have that reel of film back!"

"Ya mean like, a movie reel?" Applejack said.

The gray stallion facehoofs hard stretching his face down in exasperation. "Yes Applejack and I need it back, like, RIGHT NOW!"

"Wait how do you know us? Twilight asked the gray stallion.

The gray stallion wanted to slam his head on the table but resisted the urge to do so. "Look, Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and hey, where is Rainbow Dash?"

"Kind of being held at the moment." Pinkie muttered.

"It doesn't matter! All that matters is that I have that reel back!" he holds his hoof out waiting for the girls to give the movie reel over to him.

"I'm sorry sir," Fluttershy apologized. "But we don't have a movie reel with us."

The stallion gasped loudly, shaking his head with disbelief. "You don't have it?! Ok, whew, deep breath, in, out, in, out," after taking some deep breaths the gray stallion calms down looking at the girls with a serious expression. "Last night I accidently may have quite possibly given you girls a very important film, by accident of course, and, look just, just get out of town before Sunny Sands finds you."

The stallion leaves the girls in a hurry as they wondered what was up with that. "I wonder what was up with that?" Pinkie asked. "I hope that doesn't come back to bite us."

"Pinkie what is that supposed to mean?" Twilight asked. "And why is your eye twitching?"

"Oh, no reason, hint, hint."

Author's Note:

I hope that this chapter clears some things up. But if not I'll be glad to discuss what is happening in the story. Without giving out too much story. And now Killer Instinct awaits me.