• Published 24th Sep 2014
  • 4,211 Views, 249 Comments

Ugh, What Happened Last Night? - JamesBurton



Waking up with a powerful hangover after her friends dragged her away for a girls night out. Twilight Sparkle must embark on an epic quest to locate those who know just what exactly she did last night.

  • ...
32
 249
 4,211

In Manehatten

Twilight and her friends stood at the train station waiting for the next train to Manehatten. After their short ten minute departure from Sweet Apple Acres. The girls decided to stop by their homes for some last minute preparations before they began their journey.

"Ok girls," Twilight said pacing back and forth on the platform. "Has everypony taken care of their previous arrangements before we go on this trip?"

Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Fluttershy all nod their heads. Twilight squints her eyes, a certain blue colored rainbow maned pegasus was missing. "Hey, has anypony seen Rainbow Dash?"

"Did somepony say my name?" Twilight and the girls look up where Rainbow Dash was descending from the sky. She lands in front of Twilight with a pose.

"And just where have you been?" Twilight scolded. "We've been waiting here for-" she stole a quick look at the clock to see just how long they had been waiting. "Eleven whole minutes! What were you doing?!"

"Chill Twilight, If you must know I was at home when I had a uh slight problem," Rainbow said look around.

"What was so important that you had to be an entire minute late?!" Twilight asked getting in Rainbow's face.

"Well,"


In Rainbow Dash's spectacular cloud home (Which you can own for your very own home for the low price of $29.99! Get it now while supplies last! Rainbow Dash and Tank the Tortoise each sold separately!) the blue pegasus in question was currently in her master bathroom. She had no idea how she missed this this morning when she woke up, probably because she didn't have to go at the time or probably because she had five other bathrooms in her wonderfully detailed cloud castle home that every child must own.

She sat speechless at the sight before her, never in all her life had she encountered a sight such as this. She thought that either something happened while she was away or some higher power decided to ruin her day, again, like that one time she caught Granny Smith wearing a thong.

Because sitting where her thinking mare's throne should be, stood a hippopotamus head.


Yes you read that right a giant hippopotamus head.

Rainbow Dash had been staring at this hippo's head for Celestia knows how long and she needed to go, but the hippo just glared back and spoke with a deep and threating tone.

"If you go in me, you die,"

Now normally this would make a normal pony spazz out and leave the scene as quickly as one entered, but not for Rainbow Dash who had a twisted grin on her face.

"Well then, I hope you're thirsty big boy," She trots over to the hippopotamus head who's eyes widen in fear. Perhaps making a threat when you have no way to actually do anything to defend yourself was a bad idea.

"Uh, wait cant we talk about this?! No! Stay back! No! Noo!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Talking Hippopotamus head sold separately


"And that's what took me so long," Rainbow finished while the rest of the girls looked at her with disbelief. "What?"

Fluttershy steps up glaring at Rainbow Dash. "Why would you do that to that poor sweet hippopotamus Rainbow?" she steps closer making Rainbow take a step back. "You know how I feel when ponies mistreat animals!"

Rainbow Dash looks around hoping for a distraction of some kind so that she could get herself out of this predicament that she has so foolishly put herself in. She silently prayed that something would happen, like their train departing.

"ALLL ABOARD! TRAIN TO MANEHATTEN! ALLLL ABOARD!!"

Rainbow took a silent breath of relief. Perhaps telling Fluttershy what she did that to that hippo was not one of her better ideas, it was almost as bad as the time they went to amateur poetry night at The Pint Noir a few months ago.


Twilight, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash were gathered around a table with some drinks. They had heard that Berry Punch had decided to do a amateur poetry night an a attempt to draw in potential customers, so far it looked to be a successful night full of young inspiring writers.

"This had better be worth it," grumbled Rainbow as she looked around the club.

"Aww come on Dashie!" Pinkie said cheerfully. "We never get to hang out as much as friends anymore, and look! We even got Twilight to leave the her house!"

Twilight just continues to sit in her chair pouting with her forelegs folded.

"And look how relaxed Applejack is!" Pinkie continued looking over towards Applejack who just finished her third glass of very hard apple cider.

"RUBY! ANOTHER GLASS!" Applejack shouted waving her empty glass in the air.

Rarity sips her own drink before sitting down on the table. "Honestly Applejack, just because Apple Bloom is eight months pregnant doesn't mean you have to drink yourself stupid,"

Berry Punch's only daughter Ruby Pinch came over to the table with another pitcher of hard apple cider. "Here you go Miss Applejack," she begins to pour Applejack another glass but the farmer stops her.

"Leave the pitcher,"

Ruby smiles and sits the pitcher of very hard apple cider on the table and walks back to the bar. Applejack takes the pitcher and pours herself a glass, then proceeded to drink straight from the pitcher.

"I'll admit that Applejack is more relaxed then what she has been these last couple of months," Fluttershy said.

The lights dim down and a spotlight shines on center stage where Berry Punch was standing. "Stallions and Mares, thank you for coming out to our very first amateur poetry night here at The Pint Noir, I know all you young writers are very anxious to get started, so lets begin with our first writer."

The crowd begins to lightly applaud the young stallion as he took center stage. "Ahem, this poem goes out to a very special mare,"

"Aww, isn't that sweet?" Fluttershy cooed before the stallion began to speak.

"I met a mare who made me happy
But today I found out I have the clappy
And now it burns when I pee
Cause all you gave me was an STD
Thank you."

The stallion takes a bow leaving the stage with the crowd lightly applauding him on his way back to his table while Twilight and her friends just sat there speechless.

"So," Rarity said trying to break the silence between her friends. "That was a thing,"


"RAINBOW DASH!" Twilight yelled

Rainbow shakes her head pushing the memory away. "Huh?!" she saw the her friends was already on the train.

"ARE YOU GETTING ON OR NOT?!"

Meanwhile back at Twilight's and Trixie's house. The light blue magician was sitting on the couch angrily pouting about what transpired five minutes ago.

"Stupid Twilight!" Trixie muttered angrily.

Spike enters the front with his arms crossed. "Are you still upset about that?"

"YES I AM!" Trixie shouted. "I mean, its like she didn't even hear a single word I said! And after I slaved over a hot stove to make those pancakes! I cook, I clean, I even give her a belly rub while reading her a bedtime story! But what does she do? Goes and hangs out with her friends over something that only THE GREAT AND POWERFUL WIFE OR HUSBAND OR WHATEVER TWILIGHT TRIXE LULAMOON KNOWS!"

"Welcome to marriage Trixie, it will be a long one no doubt," deadpanned Spike. "Anyway, I'm heading over to Barnyard Bargains, we're out of ink and Twilight could use some new quills," Spike walks over to the front door before Trixie stops him.

"I shall accompany you Spike," Trixie said with a smile. "Oooh! maybe we can talk about stuff and maybe do a little bonding on the way there-"

"Riiiight, thanks but no thanks Trixie, I got this," Spike opens the door while Trixie continues to talk.

"-And maybe stop and get some ice cream on the way back home and-" Spike stops walking a turns around with the biggest smile on his face.

"Hey Trixie, do you want to go to Barnyard Bargains with me?" Trixie stops rambling to herself and gives Spike a smile. "Sure Spike! It'll be fun! Lets go,"

Spike and Trixie leave the house to go shopping and maybe do a little stepmother and son, or stepfather and son bonding on the way to Barnyard Bargains on what will be a great day for the both of them.

"Hey Trixie, when we stop by the ice cream shop can I get two scoops?" Spike asked with a hopeful smile.

"Of course Spike," Trixie said smiling back

"Bully!"

Yep, a very great day indeed.


Fifteen minutes later. Twilight and the girls reached the city know as Manehatten, the city that never sleeps and the place where the girls apparently spent some time in jail. They exited the train where a filly with a brown coat and a ginger red mane was standing on the platform.

"Howdy cuz," Babs Seed greeted.

Applejack quickly rushes over to her young cousin. "Well howdy there cousin Babs, guys, this is mah cousin Babs Seed."

"Yeah, I think we got it the first time," Rainbow muttered.

Twilight barges in front of Applejack and looks at Babs with a serious look, "Ok, in your letter you wrote that we were in jail, do you know how? And more importantly who saw us?

"Well that's easy lady, do any of yous know a uh, shoot what was his name again?" Babs pats her chin thinking. "Oh right, does anypony here know a Flash Sentry? He's the one who yas in the slammer."

Author's Note:

Welp Flash. It was nice knowing you. Oh wait they never gave you a character did they? Well it WOULD have been nice to know you, so I could say nice knowing you.

Also there is a sale on pitchforks and torches and Don't Let That Waifu Stealer Flash Sentry Steal my Waifu T-shirts. Now in XXL.