• Published 7th Jul 2015
  • 2,687 Views, 107 Comments

The Pony of the Jacket - MaskofLimbo



Has a new pony in Ponyville, a pony who always wears the same brown varsity jacket and is very quiet, and Pinkie will try to be his friend.

  • ...
9
 107
 2,687

Conversation

23rd May, 21:11
Equestria - Ponyville

"Thanks again for coming with me, Rar" Pinkie said to her friend as they enter the apartment house that Jacket lived.

"Again, Pinkie, no problem" Rarity said with a smile to her. The two friends enter a big lobby with a door on the front, another one on the left and a staircase on the right leading to the second floor. There also was a janitor, who was brushing the floor while listening something. He was a blue pony with blond mane, using a full green uniform, blocking the view of his Cutie Mark, with a green cap.

"Okay, let's go" Pinkie said, making her way to the stairs "He lives on the second floor"

"Wait a second, Pinkie" Rarity stops her "Let's make sure that he is here first" Walking at the janitor, she call his attention "Excuse me, sir?" The stallion notices her and takes off one of his headphones and look at her with sinister grin.

"What's up?" he simply asks. She wasn't feeling comfortable talking to him, but, never judge a book by its cover.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your work, mister, but, do you happen to know a...pale pony that lives on the second floor?"

"Hmm, he is the guy who always uses the same varsity jacket?" He asks

"This is the one!" Rarity answers with a smile.

"Sorry, didn't see him" He simply answer and return to work, whistling the song he was hearing and the two mares make their way to the second floor.

"Quite a peacefull place here" Rarity commented about the silence.

"True" Pinkie said and they walk to Jacket’s apartment, stopping by his door, knocking "Hello, Jackie. It's me, Pinkie. Can I talk with you, pretty chocolate please?" She was now waiting for an answer, but it was taking sometime, and she start thinking that maybe he didn't arrived home yet. She stops this thoughts when the door clicks and opens, but just a bit, and instead of Jacket on the other side, it was a rose mare with blond mane, in ponytail, and using a green dress

"I'm sorry, but, Jackie isn't here" The mare answers quiet and then she looks at Rarity in surprise “Oh my, Rarity!” She said opening the door.

"Beauty Maker?" Rarity said with her eyes winded and a smile, giving her a hug " By the goodness, it's good to see you too" She said.

“You know each other” Pinkie asks and Rarity let her go from the hug to answer.

“She one day was a employee I had that soon became a good friend of mine” Rarity explains.

“I love Rarity work and I wanted to… learn her talents and becomes a famous dressmaker like her” Beauty Maker said with a small smile.

“And then, one day she decided to go to Manehattan and try to start her own things, and since then I didn’t heard of her ever again. Well, until today, that is” Rarity said and look at her friend “What happened there, darling? And since when you returned to Ponyville?”

“And how did you know Jacket?” Pinkie asks and Beauty starts thinking.

"Well, I... “She tries to speak “I had problems in Manehattan and so I came back here this month" She answers "This pony, "Jacket" as you call him, is a...old friend of mine, and he allowed me to live here, since the...friends I lived with are not around anymore"

"Hmm, I see" Rarity says.

"Hey, Beauty, since his an old friend of yours, do you know his name?" Pinkie ask.

"Oh, his name?" Beauty said "Well... it is..."

"Beauty, this dress you are using is almost like the one I made to Jacket" Rarity point it out "It even had the..." She stops when she notices that it actually WAS the same dress she made to Jacket "Oh my! Beauty, are you, by any chance, Jacket's special somepony?" She asks with a smile, making the mare blush, and hard.

"W-w-w-w-why you two don't come in?" Beauty suggests with a nervous smile "I made some tea, so why don’t we drink while waiting for him? He shouldn't take so long" She made space and Rarity and Pinkie Pie enters the apartment.


"In a interview with Law Force, he commented that he and his group are making progress in cleaning the streets and already caught Ponies from the vigilant movement and members from the Rucheling Mafia, but that they didn’t gave them any answer on the interrogation…” Well, so far so good, I think Celestia comments as she reads the newspaper on the throne room, with a cup of coffee by her side "However, he also he confirmed that had moments where they had to put down some of them, since they weren’t coming quietly or cooperating, or even moments that the vigilantes killed themselves in the heat of the moment, saying that “it was for the cause”, whatever this cause was"… Yeah, I was fearing that She ahd to agree that the Protection Department was doing a good job, but hearing that in moments Ponies and Ruchelings were dying by their hoofs made her remember why she wasn’t so into this idea “At least the crime rate is decreasing… I think”

"Your highness!" A guard calls her name as he runs inside the throne room. "You...letter...Rucheling"

"Easy, easy" Celestia said to the exhausted guard "Catch some air" He do as she said and take some breath, recovering, but not calming down so much.

"Princess Celestia, Lebedev, the Rucheling king, has sent you a letter!" The royal guard said, showing her the letter.

“Lebedev?!” Celestia's eyes winded in surprise and she levitates the letter to her to give a close inspection and the seal of letter was the official seal of the Lebedev family "Thank you for giving this to me" She said to her guard "Now, please, go drink some water and return to you post”

"As you wish, your highness" The guard said with a bow and trots away, and Celestia sighs before looking at the letter

She stares at the card for some seconds, not understanding why Lebedev would send her a letter like this out of nothing. Without wanting to waste more time, she opens the envelope and reads what it was about

Good night, Princess Celestia. I'm writing this letter for a single and simple reason. I wish to make peace with your kind, so that Ruchelings, Ponies and Changelings can live in peace. You see, this conflict is already taking too much time and we both wish for things to get better soon, without blood and death at every corner. I planned to do this in a more formal way, sending my best three best politics to talk with you about this matter, but, they were killed by those "mask maniacs" or “Killer Beasts” as they are called. So, if you want to talk about this matter further, please call this number 1522-1989.

The King of the Ruchelings, Ivan Lebedev

He wants to... make a peace treaty? She asks to herself, more confused than ever. Confuse to why suddenly The King of the Ruchelings, the Bloody Hoof of Soviet Equestria, the one responsible for The War, wished for a peace treaty This must be a trap, it must be… or maybe this is the miracle I was waiting for. Maybe I should...no! She couldn't trust him. He is responsible for hundreds of death, if not even more… but still, she remained in doubt "Guards!" She calls the two Royal Guard guarding the throne room "Please, leave for now. I wish to have somew time with my thoughs" Both guards look at each other before bowing and doing as she said.

Alone, she gets out of her throne and walks left and right thinking. By a side she could try call him and maybe this peace treaty would either end this madness or make things worse, or even having risks of this suggestion of “Peace Treaty” be some kind of trick to fool her. By the other side she could just ignore it and let Law Force and the Protection Department take care of this situation and maybe solve all of this, with the risk of killing Ponies, Ruchelings and maybe even Changelings. Basically, both sides could go very wrong “This is going to be a decision I won't like so much, just like "it" said”

"I'm glad that you remember my words, your highness"


The three mares where on the living room, having some tea. The apartment itself was simple. The bathroom was in front of the main door. The living room was on the right, with just a sofa and a table. The kitchen on the left, with the regular stuff, and on the front of the kitchen was a door that probably was the bedroom.

"So, you wanted to talk with him about his Welcome Party?" Beauty asks, making sure she understood correctly.

"Yup" Pinkie said "Because of his work it's almost impossible to me to think in a good way to give him a Surprise Party. And I already tried doing a party at day time and didn't work"

"Hmm, I see" Beauty said and sip her tea

"By any chance, darling, do you know what his night job is?" Rarity asks and Beauty starts coughing by her tea “Oh my, are you alright?”

"Yeah, yeah, I ok” Beauty said and recovers "Well, about his job, he… he does… delivery jobs!"

"Delivery jobs? From who?" Pinkie asks curious

"Well, this I don't know. Forgive me" Beauty answers her "All I know is that he received his services from the phone and most of the time at night”

"Hmm, if this is the case, then maybe" Pinkie said, and she then starts getting an idea "Wait, if this is the case than maybe you can help in the party, Beauty!"

"R-really? How?" Beauty asks in curiosity.

"If he always receives this phone calls from his work at night, the party just need to happen earlier, so that he can enjoy it and still have time to go to work!" Pinkie explains "When I return to Sugarcube Corner, I will start planning everything and I'm going to contact you to tell how you can help, ok?"

"Well, okay then" Beauty said with a small smile, putting more tea on her cup

"Awesome!" Pinkie said happily "I can't wait"

"Now that this is done, I like to ask you a question, Beauty” Rarity gets the attention from her friend with a smiler “Since when you are Jacket's marefriend?"

Hearing this almost makes Beauty Maker drops the "M-m-marefriend?!? No, no, no, I'm not his marefriend. I'm just a...friend that lives with him!"

"And since when you started living with him?" Rarity asks curious.

"W-well" Beauty look down at her cup "When the business I was going to do in Manehattan didn't worked, I didn't have nothing for a long time" She talks with sadness "I...work with not very good Ponies, with a payment that wasn't good either. I wished to come back to Ponyville, but I couldn't, not with the money I had. I practically had gone downhill...But then, I found him” She begins smiling a bit “Jacket, as you call him, gave me a second chance I was seeking nonstop. He helped me return to Ponyville and allowed me to stay here until I could get on my feets and follow my pass” She smiles even more and a tear fall from her eye "I own a lot to him, and I am thankful for everything he did for me” She looks up at the two mares “He is my hero"

"This...is so...beautiful" Rarity said tearing up a bit "I'm so sorry for what had happened to you. Hearing that he helped you like this makes he see how much of a cute couple you two form"

"I-I-I told you that we are just friends" Beauty said, blushing.

"Oh, that how it starts, my dear" Rarity said with a wink "You see, hihihi"

Trying to change the subject of conversation, Beauty says with a smile "Do somebody wants some cookies?"


"What?" Celestia said and suddenly the throne room was almost in complete darkness, having a weird smell that she could almost remember from what it was. She looks at her throne and sees what looked to be a Pony with a weird head shape sitting in it with his back hoofs crossed, and she remembered who it was "It's you again!" She said, recognizing him by his voice "What are you doing here? And where is this music coming from?"

"Well, Celly, I'm here because I think we need to chat" It answers "Also, I thought you would like some music in our next little reunion" It said and chuckles.

"Okay, then what do you want?" She asks seriously.

"An answer" He simply replied "Are you satisfied with your decision? Leaving that Pony who seek justice through more violence in command of protecting your, and the Changeling queen, subjects?"

Celestia thinks for a bit before answering "As I said, the safety of my subjects comes before my happiness"

"Hmm, I see. But, are they really safe?" He asks "An apartment house was blown up resulting in the death of innocents and a poor Pony was beat up to death by some Ruchelings simply because he was using a wolf mask” It said, and Celestia remembered hearing about this event very well, and she didn’t like remembering them Are this signs of safety or signs to regret your decision?"

"Well...I..."

"Now this, a letter from the Rucheling King itself asking for peace after some many sins committed It continued And, once again, the future of your and Chrysalis subjects are in your hoofs. So, I suggest thinking well about this"

"I’m aware of this" She agrees with a sigh. She knew that this decision would result in serious changes to her life and the life of her friends, her subjects and the Changelings. Maybe even more. This decision could be the start of something good, an era of peace… or maybe, it could be just a way to spill more blood.

"Our time is coming to an end" It announces "But before I leave, I will leave you with some questions"

Questions? Celestia thinks confuse

"Is this violence will end with his death? Who, from your past, has returned? Do you have wished to hurt others? And finally, who am I? Now, until we meet again"

"Wait!"

"Your Highness!" A Royal Guard calls her as he enters the throne room "Queen Chrysalis wishes to speak with you in the dining room"

Celestia looks around and sees that the room had returned to normal, but was still trying to process what just happen "Ahh…Thank you" She said to her guard with a smile "Tell her… tell her that I'm on my way"

"As you wish" He said with a bow, but feeling nervous for the princess, and leaves.

As she makes her way to the dining room, she processes the conversation she had. That someone, that looked to be a Pony, just told her that whatever she decides with this request from Lebedev, about a peace treaty, could change things to better or worse. She already knew about this detail, but what made this curious were the questions she asks before leaving. Questions that she obviously had no answer What was the point of those question?


As time passed, Pinkie was wondering why Jacket was taking so long "Hey, Beauty, didn't you said that Jacket should be here soon?"

Beauty looked at the clock. 22:15 "Hmm, he never took this long to return" She said worry "I hope he is…" Suddenly the front door opens and the girls go check and see that it was none other than Jacket. A very tired Jacket.

"Jackie!" Pinkie said excited "Oh, I'm so happy you are here, I wanted to speak with you about..." Suddenly he falls backward on the door "Jackie!"

"Oh, goodness! What happened!" Rarity asks worried.

"I-I-I don't know, he just..." A snort interrupts Beauty and they see that was coming from Jacket, who apparently was sleeping "Looks like he is just tired" She said relieved "I think it would be best if you talk with him another day. He needs some rest, apparently" She picks him up, with some difficulty, and starts bringing him to the bedroom.

"Do you need any help?" Rarity asks.

"No, it's okay" Beauty answers "Please close the door when you leave. I hope we have a nice chat again soon"

"Very well then" Rarity said and leaves with Pinkie “Until another day, darling. It was good to see you again”

“Bye, Beauty Maker. Nice meeting you” Pinkie said and the close the door and leave the apartment house

"I’m sorry you couldn't talk to him" Rarity said.

"It’s okay, Rarity, because NOW I have the perfect plan for his party" Pinkie said happily "And this time I won’t fail"

Author's Note:

Another updated chapter on the bag :D