• Published 7th Jul 2015
  • 2,696 Views, 107 Comments

The Pony of the Jacket - MaskofLimbo



Has a new pony in Ponyville, a pony who always wears the same brown varsity jacket and is very quiet, and Pinkie will try to be his friend.

  • ...
9
 107
 2,696

Opportunity

16th April, 14:21

Equestria - Ponyville
"So, what do you think about Jacket?" Rarity asks her friend, as she works in the sewing machine.

"Well, uhh, he seems nice, I think" Fluttershy replied, looking on her work "I mean, he was nice when he visit my cottage with Pinkie and Rainbow dash the other day" They were on Rarity’s Boutique, were Rarity was working on a dress with Fluttershy’s help.

"Hmm, I guess he was in a different mood that time, I suppose" Rarity said as she levitates the dress and put it on a mannequin, analyzing it. "When he visited my boutique, he looked very, how I can put it, boring by my presence" She then remembered something "Ohh, I can't forget that! Fluttershy, my dear, can you bring me the black belt and a white belt in that chest, please?" Fluttershy nods and go look for the belts "So, how it was his visit, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Oh, it's no problem, at all" Fluttershy answers with a small smile, still searching for the said belts "Well, when he, Pinkie and Rainbow Dash came to show my cottage to him, I was taking care of some wolves that were injured" She make a little stop to pick a black belt and put by her side "And when he was there, he became friend with them" She said with a smile "He even give a little help with them" She stopped once again to pick up a white belt. With both, she brings them to Rarity “Is this all?”

"Yes, thank you" Rarity levitates the belts and start deciding between them "So, how did he help with those wolves?"

"Well, he simple...pet them" Fluttershy answers "The wolves were feeling pain, principally when I was taking care of their wounds, but, when he started to pet them, they simply calmed down. I still don't understand how, but, that was nice of him"

"Interesting" Rarity said while imagining the scene that Fluttershy described.

"How it was with you?" Fluttershy ask "If you don't mind me asking"

"Well" Rarity starts remembering "When he came by, I was still having trouble with how the dress to Red Romance was going to be. When Pinkie and Dash appear with him, saying that they were showing him around and explaining that he was mute, I decided to make a little pause on my work to welcome him and then something really caught my attention about him: his jacket" She put the white belt in the dress.

"Why?" ask Fluttershy.

"Well, it looked like any other jacket, yes, but I could sense something special about it. Something... unique” Rarity explained “I really don't know how to explain, but It was special" She continued "So, to welcome him, I decided to make a new jacket to him. One of an Equestria’s local time, The Dolphins” She take the white belt out and put the black one "Hm, what you think, dear? The black or the white one?"

"Well… both look beautiful in it" Fluttershy answers, and Rarity take the belt out and didn't know which looked better in it "I remember seeing a mare using their jacket one day, and some other ponies using the same as well. It was that yours?"

"The mare was white with black mane?" Rarity question and Fluttershy nod "Than yes, it was. When I finished the jacket, I noticed that they leaved without warning, very rude by way, and then I was started wondering what to do with the jacket. It was a then that this black and white mare appeared, with her sister, and she was looking for a new jacket. And when she saw the jacket I made, she said she was a fan of the Dolphins and asked how much was it. And so, I decided to sell it for her” She put the white belt in a table and put the black belt on the dress again “After all, I could made a new one, if Jacket wished. But, I would want to know why they left me alone out of nothing”

"I see" Fluttershy said and both returned to work.

After a while, Rarity sigh and look at her work "I think it's done" She said with a smile.

“Wow” Fluttershy walk closer to give a closer look at the dress “It's beautiful"

"Thank you, darling" Rarity said "Since Red wanted something normal, but still classy, this dress gave me some problems to make, since I wanted to give to him something perfect" She look at her friend with a worry expression "Do you think he will like it?"

"Why don't ask yourself?" Before Fluttershy could answer, I voice coming from the door answer her, and Rarity knew to who this voice belongs. Looking at the door, she saw a fat and bald red stallion with dark tail using a dark trech coat. His cutie mark was a rose and a pen in an X, with a notebook on the back.

“Red… Romance?” Rarity said, not believing her eyes.

“The one and only, dear” Red Romance approach at her "Hello, miss Rarity. I can see that you're surprised for seeing me" He said, picking Rarity's hoof and kissing it "It's a honor for make you acquaintance"

"T-T-The honor i-is all m-m-mine, Sir Romance" Rarity said, nervous for meeting him.

Red then look at Fluttershy "Ahh, you must be a friend of her" He pick her hoof and kiss it as well, making Fluttershy hide herself under her mane "Red Romance, and what's your name, m'lady?"

"F-f-fluttershy" she say.

"Fluttershy?" Red Romance asks to be sure, since he didn't heard very well, and Fluttershy nods "Ahh, what a beautiful name. And, I have say, it's suits you well, m’lady" He walks back to Rarity, and clean his throat "So, Miss Rarity, the reason of my surprise visit is that I wanted to know how my request was" He look at the blue dress and walks to it "And I can see that it's finished, correct?"

"Y-y-yeah, sir" Rarity answers as Red Romance starts analyzing the dress "So, did you...like it, sir?" She asks nervous.

“Well…” Red Romance look at the dress in every angle as Rarity sweats hard. FLuttershy was nervous as well, worried about her friend. Finally, Red Romance stops and put a hoff on his chin “Ok, how can I say this” He then look at Rarity with a serious expression "I didn't like it" Rarity’s smile drops and Fluttershy felt sorry for her "I LOVE IT!" Red Romance suddenly said, surprising both mares.

“R-really?” Rarity asks, smiling “You really like it, sir?”

“Of course!” Red Romance answered with a smile, admiring the dress once more "This is EXACTLY what I wanted! Classy, but still simple. It’s Perfect" He put a hoof in his chin once more " I'm already feeling my inspiration coming back. I can't wait for my dear actress to use it"

"T-t-thank you, sir Romance" Rarity said happy.

"No, my dear" Red Romance approach at her, putting a hoof in her shoulder "Thank YOU. How can I repay you?"

"It's not necessary, sir" Rarity answered "Like I say to your co-worker, I don't need a payment because it’s a honor to make something for you"

"Ahh, than I have something perfect to repay you for your kindness" Red said and pointed at her "How about YOU become one of mine actress, in my next book?"

Rarity couldn’t believe her ears "Re-really? Me? A actress in your next book?" She repeat him, not even believing herself.

"Of course, you..." Red gives a nice look on her "...deserve it" He said with a little grin "You know what?" He take his business card and a pen from his trench coat, and write something in the back side of the card "Why don't you come to my little house in this date?" He give the card to her.

Looking at the back, Rarity saw what he wrote in it "25/04 Appear whenever you can"

"Bring you friend too, if possible. It will be an honor having both of you there" Walking back to the front door, he opens it "Razor, Shades, could you two bring the dress to the carriage?"

"Yes, sir" Rarity and Fluttershy hear two voices from outside. Suddenly, a changeling and a pony, both wearing dark shades and dark suit, come in and pick up the dress with careful and bring outside, to Red Romance's carriage. After a while, the pony came back and salute Red "The dress is where you wanted, sir"

"Perfect. Amazing work, you two" Red answer satisfied "Now go back and wait for me"

"Yes, sir" the pony answer and go back outside "It was a honor knowing you two personally" Red Romance bow with his head to Rarity

"The honor was all mine" Rarity answers as she bow too.

"It was an honor to know you as well, Miss Fluttershy" Red then bow to Fluttershy.

"Oh, it was nice to meet you too, mister Romance" Fluttershy bow as well.

"Ahh, good to see you not so shy, anymore" Red said with a smile and then giggle “Well, until next time, ladies” He walks outside and Rarity fall backwards on the floor with a smile

“Aahhhh, can you believe this, Fluttershy?" Rarity asks smiling and looking to the ceiling "Me, one of Red Romance's actress. This is a dream becoming true!"

"I’m happy for you, Rarity" Fluttershy said with a smile.

"Thank you, dear" Rarity said, standing in her front hoof “And thank you for your help, as well”

“I was a happy for help you, Rarity” Fluttershy answers smiling.

“Still, I’m thankful for your help” Rarity said and breath in and out with a smile “Nothing can ruin this moment” Suddenly, her purple telephone rings and she answer it "Hello, Carousel Boutique, good afternoon"

"Hey there, Rarity" She hear Pinkie's voice.

"Oh, hello there" Rarity said with a smile “Do you need something?”

"I need to speak with you and the other girls about something urgent. Can you come to Sugarcube Corner right now?"

"Oh sure, of course I can!" Rarity answers "Fluttershy is here too. I see if she goes with me, as well"

"Yay, thank you!” Pinkie said happily “I need to call the others now. See you soon, Rar. Bye-bye"

"Bye" Rarity said and hangs up and look at Fluttershy “It was Pinkie. She wants to speak about something urgent with us and the others. Can you go?"

"Yeah, sure" Fluttershy said with a nod

"Then, let’s go" Rarity said, and both make their way to Sugarcube.

Author's Note:

And this, ladys and gents - I mean - Hermanas and Hermanos, is another chapter in the bag, BUM. And now, what is so urgent that Pinkie wanted to speak with ALL the girls? Well, I know why, but you will only know in the next chapter (or maybe you already know. Who knows?).
Thank you ALL for reading this chapter, and a special THANK YOU for all of you who fave my story. You all don't know how happy I am for knowing that people are liking my story :pinkiehappy:. Stay with batman (because everyone like Batman) , and I see you all next chapter. Toodles.