• Published 7th Jul 2015
  • 2,685 Views, 107 Comments

The Pony of the Jacket - MaskofLimbo



Has a new pony in Ponyville, a pony who always wears the same brown varsity jacket and is very quiet, and Pinkie will try to be his friend.

  • ...
9
 107
 2,685

Tutorial

Author's Note:

Update... yeah

After a flash of light, Pinkie opens her eyes and finds herself… in a dark room “How did we get here?”

"Ohh, yeah, I forgot to mention" She hears Twilight and upon looking at her she find her friends there with her "When we play a memory, we also enter it. But, we can’t interact or change anything" She explained "Basically, we are like ghosts"

"Ohhh, awesome" Pinkie said with a smile "The one who invented this spell really though in everything!"

“Agreed” Twilight affirms with a nod “They even make it possible to advance, pause and retrocede the memory, like a VHS tape. Funny,right?”

"This is interesting and all, darling, but…" Rarity invades the conversation with worry "What kind situation Jacket was to be in this...disgusting place?" Upon looking around more, Twilight notices trash around and even a weird smell on the air.

"That’s a very good question, Rarity" Twilight said, also getting worry.

Suddenly, weak lights turn on in the end of the room, lighting up other individuals present “What the heck?” One was a green pony that appeared to be a hobo. He had long and dirt black beard and black mane, a brown hood and an old light brown trench coat. On the right and left of him where two others that surprised the girls. Two motionless Rucheling mafia members, using their infamous white suits "What in the Tartarus is that guy getting himself into?" Applejack asked confused.

“Where is he, actually” Rainbow Dash asked, raising a good question.

"G-g-g-girls?" Fluttershy alerts her friends, and they all turn around to see what was scaring her, and the revelation was kind of shocking. Behind them was Pale Retro himself, using his varsity jacket and also a rubber pig mask that somehow manage to make him more… creepy.

"I'm here to tell you how to kill" The hobo starts talking directly to Jacket, surprising the girls by he suddenly talking.

"Kill?" Rarity said "What is he...?"

"This game is played by your own hoofs. Use them to punch your enemies. Aim for the face!" The bum continued to lecture Jacket, who simply stared at him "Once you knocked someone out, finish him. Easy. Punch and then finish. Do you understand me?" The hobo asks very serious and then points at Jacket with an angry expression "Don't mess this up!"

"Oh Celestia, what is-Ahh" Fluttershy got scared when Jacket pass right though her "W-what was that?"

"We are like ghosts here, Fluttershy, remember" Twilight explained "This will happen..." The sound of a punch alerts them, and they look to see one of the Ruchelings on the floor, with Jacket getting on top of him with both hoofs on his head “Wait, don’t tell me he…!” Twilight’s suspicions were proved right as Jacket starts bashing the mobster’s head on the floor repeatedly, breaking his skull and creating a pool of blood from the back of the mobster’s head.

"AHHH!" Rarity screamed and fainted, while Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Twilight did their best not to puke. Fluttershy looked away the whole time, hiding herself under her hoofs and behind her friends, saving herself from the horror. Pinkie Pie, on the other hoof, couldn’t look away, since she was confused and more curious about everything.

"P-p-please " Fluttershy begged “Let’s leave, please!”

"Alright" The Bum starts talking again, still with a serious expression on his face "Now, you should try killing the next guy!" He then point to a door that suddenly appeared, that had red light coming around it "But use the bat in the red room over there, ok?"

Red room? Rainbow Dash’ eye winded.

"Just go, pick it up and swing it" The bum than cross his hoofs "Did that get through your thick skull? Did it? Pick up and swing it. Are you even listening? Well get to it then!" Jacket goes to the door and opened, revealing a room lighter by red light and on the middle of the room was a baseball bat. Picking it up, he leaves the room and approaches the remaining mobster.

"Girls, don't look!" Applejack quickly said and covered her eyes with her hat, while the other did the same, minus Pinkie who still couldn’t look away. Jacket gives a quick swing with the bat at the mobster’s face, breaking his head and gushing blood on the wall and on the floor. Slowly opening her eyes, Twilight saw the horror and was at the point of puking.

"Well done!" The bum praised Jacket with a slight smile "So, let's get to the guns, shall we?" He suggested and points to another door suddenly appeared on their right, with blue light coming around it "You go and get the shotgun on the blue room. You do it the same way you picked up the bat. Just go and pick up, can you handle that? Remember to look for enemies out of view! It is very useful for not getting yourself killed! Lock the aim in an enemy, so you don't miss your shots, just make sure you don't miss. Pick up, look for a target, lock on them, shoot at them. Now, go ahead and kill the guy in the yellow room!" He said and now a room with a window appeared on the back, and this room was, like the hobo said, shinning with a yellow light. Inside this room was another Rucheling mobster, that was a bald blue pony who was sitting on the ground, looking at the window with an emotionless expression.

Wait, blue room with shotgun and yellow room with guy? Is this... Rainbow start thinking while Jacket proceeds to do what the bum said.

He opens the door of the blue room and finds a shotgun, just like the hobo said, and picks it up, trotting in direction of the yellow room. But, instead of entering, he stops in front of the window, aiming the shotgun at the mobster’s head “Guys, guys! I think I know… !” A blast sound interrupts Rainbow Dash, who was started, like her friends, by the gun shot.

"Alright, that about sums up the basics. However..." The bum start talking again "There's more trick to learn" He said with a small grin, showing his teeth "You can throw any weapon you pick up on them, use doors to knock your enemies over. Also, remember that guns are loud and will alert some foes, so plan your moves and use melee weapons when you can" The bum then closes his eyes and sigh, shaking his head slowly "Goddamn it, you'll just get yourself killed anyway..." He then look directly at Jacket "Won't you?..." And with that, all was darkness.


Opening their eyes, the mares find themselves back in Jacket's mind. And they didn’t know what to say "What was that?!?" Rarity, who had recovered, asks in horror "Why would he do such thing?!?"

"I don't know, Rar" Applejack start talking "But it should have a reason to that"

While they were talking, Pinkie was in silence, confused and surprised by what her just saw. She didn’t know what to say, or even what to think.

"And it have" Rainbow speaks, getting everyone’s attention "Guys, I think all of that was a dream!"

"A dream?" Rarity said "Why you think that?"

"Simple" Rainbow said and starts explaining "That all was almost like the 2º chapter from the 3º book from the Ghost Wolves: "Ghost Wolves: Predator’s Amnesia" The difference here is that Jacket replaced the Pale Wolf, The mobster replaced the Equestria’s soldiers, and that hobo replaced General Brainwash, who I still think haven't the smartest name around. Also, some words are changed too, like that "this game is played" stuff"

"Ohhh yeah, you're right!" Pinkie said with a smile "That was just like the scene where the Pale Wolf, after getting amnesia when the Ghost Wolves's secret camp was attacked, was captured by the Ruchelings and put in a camp where he was brainwashed by this general and sent to kill his companions"

"And she is right for another reason" Twilight start saying "Another thing I forget to said, by the way sorry, is that memories of dreams and memories of experiences are separated" She point to the shattered memory that they were "If you notice, this memory is shining light blue, and the other..." She point to the shattered memory in the right "...is shining pink. Plus, memories of experiences shows the dates that they happened, while memories of dreams don’t, since they are a different kind of memories”

"I see. But, Twilight" Applejack notice something and point to the shattered memory they were in "Isn't this one supposed to be fixed?" Suddenly, the memory starts shining with a strong white light, that soon faded away and leaving a now fixed memory.

"Well, it's fixed now" Twilight said with a smile "Now let's..."