• Published 22nd Apr 2012
  • 6,701 Views, 163 Comments

Rocket To Insanity : Twilight's Passage - DontWakeTheNeighbour



The insanity that once consumed one of Equestria's bravest ponies, has found a new form.

  • ...
10
 163
 6,701

Tenacity

Hours passed, the pain slowly faded but the anxiety only grew worse and worse as each second passed. Spike sat on the edge of his bed, tapping his feet nervously, watching Twilight as she whimpered and squirmed as she slept. Spike didn’t know if she was winning, or losing her mind to the foul monster that was try so desperately to possess her body.

“Come one Twi. ... W-wake up.”

His pleas were answered, Twilight slowly opened her eyes, a quiet whimper escaped her throat, pain consuming her whole body. Her hooves flailed weakly as she tried to lay on her side to looks at her friend.

“S-Spike~” She sobbed, her throat was sore.

*I-I’m sorry... I-I’m s-so sorry.”

She looked at him with eyes pleading for forgiveness. Spike quickly jumped of the end of his bed and ran over to her, trying his best to ignore the pain.

*It’s okay Twi. ... I-I’m fine.*

He wanted to hug her, to embrace her tightly but he knew how much pain she was in. Twilight, squirmed, fighting the voices in her head, every moment she was awake, she was in constant pain and in her sleep, she was haunted by her dreams.

“It hurts spike” She sobbed again, salty tears pouring down her face and into her wounds. “I-It hurts so much* She reached out to him, Spike winced, still afraid of her. Twilight paused, looking at her hoof, seeing her coat was covered in blood. She shook, pulling her hoof back, gritting her teeth, trying not to break down in tears again.

“H-how... how long was I asleep?*

Spike paused, trying to remember.

“Umm... I don’t know... a day?”

Twilights’ eyes widened, she looked at the clock, 3pm, she screeched, throwing the covers off before she flailed, trying to get onto her hooves.

“Nononononono! Trixies’ show has started! W-we need to go.... we need to go now!”

“Twilight st-“

Before he could finish his sentence Twilight crawled off the bed, her legs didn’t act fast enough, causing her to hit the ground hard, making her wail in agony. Spike rushed to her aid.

“Twilight!”

“N-no!” She groaned, throwing herself onto her stomach. “I need t.... to move! I-I can’t stop~ ... Not now~ ... I can’t.” She couldn’t muster the strength to stand up, she began to crawl on the floor, her back legs dragging uselessly behind her. She wined, her vision was blurry as Spike pleaded with her to stop.

“P-please” He said on the verge of tears. “D-don’t do this to yourself!”

“I-I can’t stop. ... C-can’t... won’t!”

Her hind legs, twitched, Spike watched, amazed she made it as far as she did. Twilight, writhed, seeing nurses and doctors rushing to her aid, she growled, her back legs kicked firmly, getting their strength back. Spike grew nervous, not sure what to do.
Twilight almost passed out as she managed to finally to get onto her hooves.

“C-come on S-Spike.” She said, her voice barely a whisper. “W-we’ve got a show to catch”

“T-twi-“

“Trust me Spike. I’m fine.”

Twilight staggered to her end table taking her belongings and putting them on her back. She looked back at Spike, holding out a hoof, giving him a caring smile.

“It’s fine Spike. ... I-I promise. Everything is going to be fine. ... But we can’t stop. For the sake of Equestria, we can’t stop.”

“... O-okay” Spike said, putting his claw on Twilights’ hoof. She smiled, feeling brave and ready to take on the world. With that, she bolted for the door, Spike was shocked to see Twilight move so fast but he didn’t hesitate to follow.

“Hey! W-wait up!”

Twilight ran through the busy corridors, in-between doctors and nurses all of them had a shocked expression on their faces, seeing the crippled pony sprinting past them and a badly injured baby dragon pursuing her.
When she ran outside, it took a moment for her eyes to adjust to the sunlight before she could see posters of Trixies’ show scattered across the town. Spike up to her as she looked around.

“... We still have time.” The purple mare said as she started trotting towards the theatre. As Spike followed, he didn’t notice Twilights’ pained expression as she continued to fight whatever monster was inside her mind. She grunts, showing her determination, the voices then responded.

...

“It’s not over.”

Comments ( 44 )

I MUST HAVE MOAR!:flutterrage::flutterrage:

It's spelled lose. "Lose control", not loose. Loose is like something that isn't very well fastened.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAHHHHHHHH YOU COME BACK, FIRST I WAS LIKE MY LIFE IS END AND NOW IM SO HAPPY BECAUSE THIS WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. THANKS FOR COME BACK.:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Awwwwwwww yea, I have waited so long for this moment, I knew this glorious story would return, that's why I kept it in my favorites for all this time, and now like magic, it is stating up again!!! Time to refresh my memory by reading the entire thing!!!

Freaking finally!

How long has it been? I don't even remember, but HOORAY!

One of the best fics of all time has returned...

I am so happy. I thought that this was over...

But it is back. The dawned age of the revelation to this fic has been awoken... and I am happier than ever. And judging by the end of this chapter....


There's going to be more.

I. AM. SO. FUCKING. HAPPY NOW!! IT'S BACK!! YES!!

So... Trixie is the villain?

Didn't see that one coming!

The gates of haven have open and this what comes out!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

3293794 Spike did'nt know this was going to happen!:facehoof:

My PM must have worked! :pinkiehappy:

I... This...
:fluttercry:...

:fluttershbad:

I'M SO HAPPY YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!

Pleaseeeeeeee:raritydespair: please:raritycry: contiue it

3293742 do you hate spike or what?

WITH ALL MY YES!!!!!! OH YEAH IT IS BACK!!!!! :pinkiehappy: :pinkiehappy: :pinkiehappy:

This is turning out to be a "Rise of the Planet of the Apes"/Zombie-esque type story. I LOVE IT! :raritystarry::heart:

it's an awsome story but I think you should really continue it.

must have moore deaaaaaaaaaaaaath.................................. AhahHAHhahhHAHhahhHAHhahhHAHhahhHAHhhahHhahHHHHHAHhahHHAHhahHHAH
mom? mooooooooom? o shit:pinkiegasp:uh oh i killed her uhhh neighbour!
what did you do to meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Trixie isnt gonna be the evil one and crazee twilight will kill her

I think that the unicorn behind this, is really nothing more than an assassin of some sort, hired by ether Gilda, Lighting Dust, or both. That's just my opinion. Makes a lot more sense than Trixie being behind it.

:raritystarry: Cant wait for the next part to be uploaded it is interesting, and now I am curious, is Trixy really the kind of pony who would do this, If I were to guess I would think Discord could be responsible. Maby he realized that he had the power to hurt them, and hes showing just how powerful he can be:pinkiecrazy::rainbowderp:

*cancelled*
*cancelled*
*CANCELLED*
*CANCELLED*

Why.

4173409 It's cancelled, there is no next part.

4344192 oh I know it's canceled I posted that before I was aware

4353055 It's alright, it is quite sad, I fell in love with Don'tWakeTheNeighbour when I first read Fall of the Apple Family, but I was never able to continue reading afterwards because I lost interest.

CANCELLED!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!! I READ ALL OF YOUR SQUEALS AND YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!!

Comment posted by NikkBlvkk deleted May 14th, 2014

CANCELLED?! WHAT THE HELL?! :flutterrage:

WHY IS IT CANCELLLED!!!!!????? MUST BE A REASON!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

Why does the world have to be so cruel? :fluttercry:

CANCELLED? WHAT THE FUCK? I WILL RIP YOUR FUCKING FACE OFF YOU LITTLE SH-
Sorry that just happens

Why cancel it? Why is the world so cruel? Why?:fluttercry:

canceled?!?!?!? Nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

WHY THE FUCK?! CANCELLED?! Do I have permission to find someone who wants to end this?

Please continue it, I'll give you a Fluttershy :heart:
(And a watcher)

*checks upload of last chapter 20th Sep 2013
20th Sep 2013
*Sees that its cancelled
C A N C E L L E D
What the actual FUCK
WHY
(I assume my last question has has probably been answered somewhere else considering I’m 3 years late to the party )

6697733
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :heart:

Well, this has been quite an adventure, and a great addition to the Rocket To Insanity story. Too bad it's cancelled, but was a fun journey nonetheless.

Like this fanfiction's previous installations, this story is so great!

Unfortunately, I felt like some of the characters are rather foolish and stubbornly unaware of the perfect solution.
For instance, Spike should probably know that another unicorn can cure Twilight from the 'corruption' venom. Instead, however, he somehow fails to think of this despite being completely aware of the situation. Same thing with Twilight as, despite being partially possessed by this demon, she does not think of asking for this when she has the full opportunity.
Secondly, why does Nurse Redheart fail to notice Spike's horror and the urgency he is clearly trying to convey? By the way, how was Spike suddenly tired just as she makes a leave when he was strong enough to speak to her the entire duration she was present for visiting hours. Seriously, the logic from both fails to avoid the sheer absurdity resulting in the deaths of the previous installation (Dawn of a Dying Pegasus).
In addition, Spike should have at least been aware of the personality transformations and just would comes after 'I'm sorry,' so it is a bit stupid for him to be clueless when Twilight first transforms back at the Golden Oak Library.
Why does Spike claim Twilight was using dark magic? He might as well just admit the entire thing, including the cure to the disease!
Why does Spike not mention Nurse Redheart's infection to Twilight upon her waking up? It's like he is asking for the carnage to pile up.
Lastly, Twilight is a foal for actually venturing to Manehattan while still infected. Just, WHhyyyyyyYYYYYY!!!!!

Despite these flaws, I really was hoping for this to be the final installation.
Uh, I am a bit curious about this. Why did you cancel this story?

Login or register to comment