• Published 16th Sep 2014
  • 1,283 Views, 29 Comments

A Day in the Life..... - BurningProse1929



A day in the life of Anonymous...Come and join the fun as we take a peek into the life of the human they call Anonymous. Feel the excitement, feel the rush, feel the SHEER BOREDOM that is his everyday life.

  • ...
4
 29
 1,283

Life Sucks.....But Scoots gave me this here helmet!

Ch. 5 Life Sucks, so Scoots gave me this helmet!



Poised and ready you sit at the top of the ramp looking down at the three fillies that roped you into these shenanigans. You swallow a lump of fear and steady yourself for the inevitable pain that you just know is gonna come. Wiping your sweaty palms on your shirt and looking up to stop the sudden vertigo, you pause and wonder how it is you could have gotten into this position.



EARLIER.....


“Anon”

“Ah don’t think he’s awake.”

“Are you sure? I could have sworn I saw his hand move.”

Anon opens his left eye to look upon those who dare encroach upon his nap. When he sees the CMC in front of him he opens both his eyes.

“Hello girls,” Anon says while stretching, “what do you need your ol’ pal Anon for?” he asks more of curiosity than irritation.


Scootaloo points over to her scooter and helmet, “Well we were wondering if you could help us with this.”


Anon looks and notices the bent wheels on the scooter and the cracked helmet.

“Sweet Celestia girls, what kind of crusading caused this?” Anon asks bewildered.

He gets up and walks over to the poor beaten up items and looks them over. The rear wheel seemed to be bent at an angle Anon didn’t think was possible, and the handle bars look as if they’ve been bent and then re-bent. The front wheel doesn’t look any better, but at least that one’s an easy fix, unlike the rear one.

“So do ya think ya can fix it?” Applebloom asked.

“I don’t know girls, this looks pretty beat up, even by your standards.” Anon says scratching his head.

Anon saw all three of the fillies faces drop, it was almost too much to bear for his heart. He didn’t want to disappoint the adorable fillies standing in front of him. That’s when an idea starting buzzing around his head, well, it was more like there was a fly near his ear, but Anon had an idea anyway.


Anon looked at the three smiling, “Girls, I might know how to fix this.”



LATER, AT THE FARM!



Scoots laid around near the door of the barn, meanwhile Applebloom and Sweetie Belle were sitting around playing a card game.


“AH HA!” Sweetie exclaimed, “You’ve activated my trap card, which means with this last attack you lose all your life points.”

“Aw Hay.” Applebloom pouted throwing down the cards in her hoof. “Ah almost had enough ta summon Exodia.”

“This is SO BORING!” Scootaloo said raising her hooves in the air.

“Well ya could’ve joined at any time.” Applebloom stated.

“No, not about that. Besides Sweetie’s deck is WAY too OP for me to try and beat.” Scoots said.

Sweetie stuck her tongue just as the barn door opened a bit. All three fillies drop what they’re doing to see what’s up but get blocked just before the door by a hand sticking out.

“EEEEKK! IT’S A GHOST HAND!” Sweetie exclaims.

“No it’s not,” Anon says as he peeks his head out of the barn, “it’s just little ol’ Anon, see?”

Sweetie calms down as Bloom and Scoots shake their heads. Anon fully steps out of the barn looking like he just went three rounds with a pile of dirt, grease and paint. All three fillies line-up in front of the barn door waiting for Anon to let them in.

“OK! Now I did have to replace one or two things,” Scoots starts to say something but Anon stops her, “but, it shouldn’t be a problem.”

Anon puts his hand on the barn door and pushes it open to reveal..... the same scooter.

“Anon, no offense, but this just looks like my old scooter.” Scoots says raising an eyebrow.

“Au Contraire!” He says waggling his eyebrows, “This is not just the ‘same scooter’ I completely rebuilt it and fitted it with some nifty features.” Anon crossed his arms and smiled smugly.

The CMC looked at the scooter and then back to Anon waiting.

“Soooo……what are these ‘nifty features?’” Bloom asks.

“OH RIGHT! Sorry, I was caught up in my own little moment there.” Anon says shaking his head. “Anyway, I re-enforced the entire body with some magically hardened steel, I also had the handle bars re-gripped so that your hooves won’t slip off of them like they use too.” Anon beamed proudly at his handiwork.

The CMC walked around the scooter taking in it’s glory.

“Where did ya even get magically hardened steel from Nonie? Ah thought that was hard ta get a hold of.” Bloom inquired.

Anons face then went blank and a look of utter terror washed across it.

“Anon?” Sweetie tapped him on his shin bringing back from the depths.

“I’m sorry girls, what did you ask?” Anon smiled.

“Ah was just wonderin’ where ya..” Bloom went silent when the same look from before washed across Anons face.

“Ya know what? Nevermind, Ah don’t think Ah wanna know.” Bloom said.

“I think that would be best.” Anon said with a sad smile.

“So, was there anything else you did to it?” Scoots interjected.

“Well, I upgraded the brake pads on it, so you don’t need to worry if they’ll fail or not, and I also got you this.” Anon said pulling his hand from behind him.

In his hands was a shiny new, and might I add dual toned purple and orange, helmet. Anon never had the chance to hand it to Scoots as it was immediately torn from his hands by the excited filly.

“OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH! This is so COOL!” Scootaloo wrapped her forehooves around Anon’s leg in the tightest hug she could muster. But then she let go, madly blushing all the while.

Scootaloo looked at Anon and her friends, “Not. A single. Word. Ever. To anypony, got it?” she pointed to each one of them for emphasis.

Bloom and Sweetie were stifling a giggle when they agreed, but Anon merely looked at her smiling. Just as Scootaloo was about to repeat herself, Anon wrapped her up in a big hug, all the while squeeing. Anon put her down and coughed.

“I won’t tell a soul if you three don’t tell anypony about what I just did. Agreed?” Anon pointed to the CMC.

All three of them nodded in unison, Scoots still sporting a blush.

Clapping his hands together Anon looked at the three before him, “Alright, so I have one more surprise for you girls if you’ll just follow me.”

Anon walked towards the back of the barn and stood next to something covered in a tarp. He eagerly awaited as all three of the fillies filed in.

“What’s that?” Sweetie asked.

“It’s your surprise.” Anon answered matter of fact like.

“The tarp? That’s just stupid.” Scoots said.

Anon face palmed and shook his head, ‘It’s ok, she’s just messing with you.’ He thought to himself.

“It’s what’s under the tarp, Scoots.” Anon said as he removed the tarp.

All three of their eyes went wide at the site before them. They walked around it inspecting every inch that they could.

“Like it?” Anon asked pleased with himself.

“Like it? IT’S AWESOME!” Scoots shouted.

“It’s so pretty, I love the color you chose for it.” Sweetie said with a twinkle in her eyes.

“Ah can’t believe it’s the same ol’ wagon we been using since forever, it looks totally new.” Bloom said in awe.

As all three of the fillies walked around the wagon admiring it, Anon snuck away to grab two more gifts that he almost forgot.

“Bloom, Sweetie?” he said getting their attention.

He pulled out two more helmets, both personalized to each respective filly, and plopped them on their heads.

“What’s this fer?” Bloom asked confused.

“Well since you girls are always getting into ‘accidents’” Anon said making air quotes, “I figured, why not make sure all three of ya are safe?”

Anon looked between the Sweetie and Bloom waiting for an answer of any sort. When none came forth Anon raised his eyebrow.

“So….do you like them?” he asks worried.

“Wow, mine has glitter all over it.” Sweetie said, “But how did you do that without getting glitter every where?”

“Trade secret.” Anon said in a hushed tone, “Don’t tell anypony.” Adding a wink.

Scootaloo, ever the impatient one, jumps onto her scooter and tries to ride off. Just as she gets her back hoof to the ground, Anonymous grabs hold of her and stops her.

“Now hold on there, I haven’t fully tested this scooter, I did just get done with it.” Anon said.

“Well, the best way to test new stuff out is to use them.” Scoots pouts.

Then Scoots seems to get a twinkle in her eye, in reality this was just the sun reflecting off the scooter, but Scootaloo looked up at Anon with a grin anyway.

“I know exactly how we can test this out, and we could even end up getting our cutie marks.” She says with a mischievous grin, “CRUSADERS! HUDDLE UP!” She bellows out.

All three Crusaders huddle up, but all Anon can hear is quiet whispers. After a few minutes talking, all three of the Crusaders turn to Anon with wicked grins.


“Oh….” Anon says looking down at them, “Oh, oh no, don’t you even…..”



And back to where we started!


‘Now I’m at the top of a hoof built ramp, a huge hoof built ramp by the way, and staring down at the three who put me up here.’ Anon thought glumly to himself.


“Girls, are you sure this is safe? This ramp seems to be a bit, well, higher up than I thought it would be.” Anon yells down.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine! Bloom built this ramp to the best of her abilities!” Scootaloo shouts back.

“That doesn’t exactly give me confidence.” Anon whispered to himself.

“What was that?” He heard from below.

“Nothing, just..... psyching myself up.” Anon replied.

As Anon started rolling forward the only prevailing thought in his brain was, ‘Well, here we go.’

The rush of wind and the squeak of wheels was the last thing Anon remembered before everything went black. As he came to, he saw Applejack and Rainbow sitting in front of him looking at him worried.

“Ugh, my head.” He rubbed the back of his head and felt a giant bump. “Great, that would be why I don’t remember anything too well.”

Then Anon felt a hoof slap him.

“HEY! What’s the big idea?” he said turning his head to find a fuming Rainbow staring back at him.

“'What’s the big idea?’ You could’ve died you dummy! You’re just lucky you had the fastest flier in Equestria to save you.” She says with her nose turned up.

Applejack just shakes her head, “Ah think what Rainbow is tryin’ ta say is, while we’re glad you’re ok, sugarcube what were ya thinkin’ going down a ramp that big?”

Anon looked over at the ramp and noticed just how huge it actually was.

“Huh.” Was all he said.

Rainbow started to look more annoyed now.

“That’s all you have to say? After nearly dying?” she asked.

Anon looked back at Rainbow and shrugged his shoulders.

Rainbow smiled, “You’ve got guts, I’ll say that”

“RAINBOW!” Applejack exclaimed.

“What? He does.” Rainbow replied.

This in turn started an argument between the two that was only broken by Anon putting his hand up.

“I have one question, did the scooter and helmet survive?” he asked.

The CMC popped up from behind the ramp and ran towards Anon. All the while Scootaloo had a huge grin across her face and she was riding what looked to be a perfectly working scooter. Applejack and Rainbow looked on curiously.

“Wow! I can’t believe it survived the fall! Nice work Nonie!” Sweetie excitedly said.

“Yea, you were all ‘WOOSH’ and then you were like ‘AAAHHHH’ and crashed a lot down the ramp, until Rainbow Dash swooped in to save you. It was so AWESOME!” Scootaloo said while acting out all of her sound effects.

“Just one problem though, the helmet didn’t really survive.” Bloom said sadly.


She hands the cracked helmet to Anon. Anon proceeds to check it out, looking inside of it and feeling along the crack. When he’s done he frowns at the Crusaders and chucks the helmet beside him.

“Oh well, I’ll just have to get you a new helmet Scoots.” He says.

All three of the Crusaders walk up to Anon and hug him, eliciting a collective ‘Aww’ from Rainbow and AJ.

“I don’t care about the helmet, even though it was pretty cool, not twenty percent cool, but pretty cool.” Scoots replied.

Applebloom chimes in, “All we care about is if yer ok Anon.”

“Yea, I don’t know what we would do if we lost our Nonie.” Sweetie Belle said.

Anon hugs all three of them tighter while chuckling.

“Thanks girls, I don’t know what I would do if I lost my pet hamster either.”

The CMC look at Anon worried, as do Rainbow and AJ.

“Ah think that bump on yer noggin was a bit worse than you thought.” AJ said.

“That’s nice talking pony, but I have to take my nap now.” Anon said slumping over, “If I don’t, Nana will get mad.” At this Anon closed his eyes and went right out.

AJ looks at Anon curiously, but when she doesn’t hear any other sounds, except that of Anons quiet breathing, she just shakes her head snickering.

“Come on girls, let’s get him inside so he doesn’t wake up wondering why he’s laying on the ground.” AJ said.

Author's Note:

Alrighty! New chapter, new mini adventure for our.... 'hero'. I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Always remember though, rate fairly, comment grammatically correctly, maybe do the macarena, I mean....if you feel like it that is.

Peace out -BP