• Published 14th Sep 2014
  • 11,530 Views, 129 Comments

Celestia's Care Taker - SparkStone



Princess Celestia is mysteriously taken to earth without knowledge of how it happened. Meeting a human, Alex, he takes care of her until a fore mentioned portal opens once more to bring her back.

  • ...
50
 129
 11,530

Chapter 8

Hidden History

The next day after treating wounds and having a long rest, the two stay in their rooms a bit longer. Celestia is still in her room thinking about what she should do. How she should confront Alex and explain herself. Alex is no different, and he too is wondering what he should say. Stuck in a paradox of concern and insecurity, it is broken by the ringing of the doorbell. Alex gets himself out of his room, and Celestia follows behind by ten steps. Alex opens the door to see Charles and Julie over.

“Hello Alex.” Charles greeted.

“Hi Charles.” Alex replied as he rubbed his cheek. “You should work on that hook.”

His intelligent friend had on an annoyed grin, trying to calm himself in order to ask the more important question. “So you recovered enough to make fun of my physique. Nice. Now did you and Celestia talk yet?”

Alex looked away for the moment. “I was about to…”

“Can we come in?” Julie asked.

“Sure. This will help clear things faster.” Alex stated.

After letting the two enter, Julie sees Celestia and her somber expression. She looked as if she was ashamed of herself for lying so much ever since she arrived. Julie however goes to her and gives her an ensuring embrace. Celestia was surprised by this, and quickly returned the warm gesture. Alex went in the kitchen and prepared some hot chocolate. With the weather being strangely chilly lately, a warm drink was in order. He passes it around, and everyone gets a sip of the sweet drink in their system.

The time has come, and Alex gives a long sigh before telling everyone the story he had hidden for so long. Celestia pays close attention as it begins.

“So… Let me explain everything Celestia.” Alex spoke.

“What is there to explain?” Celestia wondered.

“I… Have been keeping a secret…” He told her, shocking the white mare. “Not just you either. Everyone, from my friends to my family.”

“I got the brief summary of it.” Charles stated. “I told everyone else too. They were shocked to find out, but it calmed them down a little from the whole… incident.”

“This time, I’ll put in the details.” Alex declared. “For the sister of Nightmare Moon.”

Celestia gulped, wondering what she was about to hear. Alex looked down and started his tale.

“About three years ago, another pony came down. It was a normal situation for me and Rochelle. Of course, what surprised us was she composed of the wings of a pegasus and the horn of a unicorn. She was majestic, letting her mane flow as if the wind was always with her.”

He looks to Celestia and says, “Maybe your mane should have tipped me off, but I met so many ponies with different capabilities, I was never able to jump to conclusions like my other friends.”

“Hey.” Julie and Charles grumbled.

Getting back to the story, Alex continues. “When we met her, she was… somewhat aggressive. She casted magic at an alarming rate, and totally shielded herself. Well, that’s what she tried to do, but apparently, she was having a headache at the time. So she kinda messed up and dropped to the floor. I have a feeling that however the way she came here, she took more energy to leave her moon prison in order to reach to our world.”

“That should be impossible…” Celestia thought.

“It was definitely possible, because I met her on one of the days of her imprisonment.” Alex pointed out. “But the magic conflict of bringing her here and the magic keeping her in the moon drained her. So I took her in and treated her. Rochelle of course did the same. From that point on, we took the time to know each other. She learned of who we are, what we do, and why we do it. We learned of her time in Equestria, and her adventures with her sister, whom she never told me the name of.”

“I never heard of these adventures from Nightmare.” Charles said.

“That’s because none of you really enjoyed her company.” Alex sighed. “I could tell you all feared her. She felt saddened because it reminded her of her ponies and how they ignored her. The corruption was able to grow because of that, but Rochelle and I stood by her. We listened, we talked, and we bonded. Eventually, Nightmare Moon changed a bit more. She was happier around the house, and she even started to have feelings for… well, me.”

Celestia’s face scrunched up upon hearing this. She was taken back by this fact, hearing of her sister and her crush being together. Julie noticed the change in expression but said nothing.

“Nightmare was starting to grow on all of us. One day though, it was so obvious how Nightmare loved me. She loved me so much, she at times, ignored Rochelle. Passing the sadness of being left out, Nightmare Moon’s corruption spread onto Rochelle, and she became hostile.”

Celestia raised an eyebrow as she asked, “What do you mean by… hostile?”

“She attacked me.” Alex answered. “And aimed for my death. It wasn’t her fault though, and I knew she wouldn’t do this. I kept hesitating to defend myself, and found myself running until I hit a corner. If it wasn’t for Nightmare Moon stopping Rochelle, I’d be dead.”

“Nightmare… saved you…?” Celestia muttered.

“She saved me, but she couldn’t take hold of the situation. She didn’t realize what she did until she saw Rochelle dying before us. She was so caught up in protecting me that she let her feelings take over and… well, go off like that.”

“After that, we came at the worst of times and assumed the worst.” Charles continued off.

“We came to say our farewells, because we knew Nightmare was going to leave soon.” Julie added. “But after seeing that, we didn’t even say goodbye.”

“What happened?” Celestia questioned.

“Aurabelle happened to be there.” Alex replied. “She went in and attacked Nightmare. Nightmare being caught off guard, quickly used her magic on Aurabelle. It was too much for me at the moment, and I managed to get everyone to leave except for Aurabelle and Nightmare.”

“Who is this Aurabelle that we met anyways?” Celestia wondered. “She was more than willing to protect you as much as Nightmare even.”

“My other sister.” Alex said as he slouched on the couch.

Celestia’s mouth dropped as Charles pinches his face for a bit. “Aurabelle is… Well, a very important person in the business. She’s connected to so many things, we get free cable, electricity, and water. She also happens to be very scary, especially after confronting Nightmare with a fighting fist.”

“How was Aurabelle able to receive magic?” Celestia asked, getting even more interested in this girl.

“After Aurabelle was shot by Nightmare Moon, some of her magic rubbed off into Aurabelle. What Aurabelle is using was a magic that belonged to Nightmare.” Charles informed her.

“That explains why it felt so familiar…” Celestia thought.

“And that’s my story.” Alex sighed, exhausted from telling this dreadful story once more. “Aurabelle of course knew all this after she gained her new magic.”

“This is…” Celestia mumbles, unsure of what to say. She falls to her couch some more as she holds her forehead. “I need to take a moment.”

“Take your time.” Charles replied. “Don’t forget, it’s your turn to tell your story about your sister, and what happened after she returned to Equestria from her imprisonment from the moon.”

“Very well.” Celestia nods. “Like you Alex, I have spent my many years with my sister, I call Luna. When the fateful day came when she was corrupted by her feelings, the dark side of her took over and she became Nightmare Moon. I couldn’t bring myself to hurt Luna, but I couldn’t let her roam as she was. With much difficulty, I did what I had to do. To seal her in the moon for a thousand years.”

Alex grips his hands hearing this, but lets her continue.

“I know, it was cruel to do such a thing.” Celestia admitted. “I didn’t want to, but I had no idea what to do in the heat of the moment. The Elements, powerful artifacts of harmony, were in my grasp. They had the ability to destroy darkness. I feared however… That the darkness that Luna held would counter the elements if it came from me. If that were to happen, then she too might have ended up like Rochelle…”

His eyes widen and he releases his tightened hands. He goes closer and awaits to hear more.

“The Elements were powerful. So much in fact, controlling them alone was difficult. It wasn’t as if I could freely select what I could do with them. Usually, I wielded them with my sister, and we would be able to select however way we used their power. In this situation, I knew the only power that could stop Nightmare without killing her was to simply imprison her. The Elements would take it too far though, and thus, she was taken to the moon for a thousand years. If I had a choice, I would have simply cured her of her conflict, or perhaps even agree and let her rule for the century. Each and every day I wonder what I could have done. Years pass, and I knew I could only do one thing. I prepared for her return, to help the community of my lands to be harmonious and giving. So that the day Nightmare Moon returns, I’ll be ready to cure her of her corruption and show Luna the lands I built for her as my apology.”

Celestia turns to Alex and sees his eyes still staring off into space. His hands go together and he asks the next question. “S-So… What happened to Nightmare?”

“In the end, my student and her friends saved her. She was no longer Nightmare Moon, and she returned as who she once was. Luna, my beloved sister.”

Alex’s eyes started to tear up. He rubbed his face as he smiled in great joy. “She’s alive! Nightmare… no… Luna’s alive!”

“She is…” Celestia assured him. “I’d never be able to harm my sister.”

Alex looked to her and apologized. “I’m sorry for doubting you Celestia… You must be pretty angry at me too.”

Celestia brings her hoof to his shoulder and says, “Nonsense. You cared for me even when I doubted you back then. And I still care for you even if you hide the truth from me.”

Alex brings his head close to Celestia’s chest. The calmed Alex says to the white mare, “Let’s not hide the truth anymore Celestia… In the end, it just creates more problems… And I had enough dealing with them…”

Celestia wraps her hoof around him and holds him tight. “Agreed.” She responded.


“So, this is the device?” Celestia inquired.

“It’s… A lot of wires banded together.” Alex remarked.

“It was very difficult to build with a low budget.” Charles sneered back.

“But it looks like it’ll totally work!” Julie thought cheerfully.

The device before them was revealed. Just as in the blueprints, it had all of the equipment that was fore told from the tavern. While it was clunky and big, it was everything they needed. The four smile widely at the future for its new possibilities.

“It looks like we have everything we need.” Alex says with sureness.

“Seems that way.” Charles nods in agreement as he walks to the door. “Well, it’s time for me and Julie to head out.”

“Is it late already?” Celestia spoke in surprise.

“Apparently so.” Julie groaned. “I wanted to stay over a bit longer.”

“We can’t bother them Julie.” Charles told her. “They need to have some time to relax after what’s happened so far.”

“I guess so.”

“Well, bye then.” Alex said with a wave. “And thanks for everything.”

“No problem.” Charles waved back as well.

Celestia took another look at the machine in the room. She is now filled with anticipation for what’s to happen next. Her wings fly up at the thought to never be separated from this world. To never be separated from her friends. To always be with Alex as she wishes. Closing her eyes, she envisions herself with Alex as they were. Her dreams may just come true.


“A-Aurabelle… What did you do…?” Charles questioned her.

“You can’t have this anymore.” She hissed. “After today, we are done with these horses.”

She drops the shreds of paper on the ground, and burns them with her magic. Charles reaches out for them, but is pulled back by Julie to prevent foolish actions.

“NO! The blueprints!” He shouted.

“Starting today, the only we even speak of ponies is in Pony Plaza. As for the real deal, they’re gone for good.” She tells him as she walks away.

Charles grits his teeth and stands up tall. He then yells, “What’s wrong with you!? You can’t just break into my house and destroy my work!”

“You don’t scare me.” She says with dark eyes. “I have the power of many things Charles. Money, law, magic. If I want something gone, then it’s gone.”

Julie stepped back, spine tingling in fear from the presence of Aurabelle and her ambition. “What’s happened to you…?”

“Don’t fret you two.” She tells them. “I will only rid of the ponies. They will no longer be tended once I’m done. That is my only intention.”

The room around Charles and Julie starts to go colder and colder. The floors crack as ice fills in, and the cold winds flush inside. Snow piles up high, and icicles start to hang above them. Aurabelle’s eyes turn to an icy white trance as she raises her hand up high.

“Starting with Celestia.”

Author's Note:

Wow, I actually finished this chapter pretty fast. I'm very proud of myself.

Anyways, I hope you all had your fun with this story. Especially since there's only 2 chapters left. This story was supposed to be finished a long time ago, but alas, I'm very irresponsible.

Now writing chapter 9! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!