• Published 14th Sep 2014
  • 11,533 Views, 129 Comments

Celestia's Care Taker - SparkStone



Princess Celestia is mysteriously taken to earth without knowledge of how it happened. Meeting a human, Alex, he takes care of her until a fore mentioned portal opens once more to bring her back.

  • ...
50
 129
 11,533

Chapter 5

Sour Feelings

The portal before her was open above the stone. It's rectangular shape made it look as if it was a doorway back to Equestria. As Celestia gazed in awe, she turned to Alex who merely smiled with dull eyes. He was both happy to see Celestia able to go home, but sad to see her leave. Smiling widely, she steps closer to the portal. Although the vacation was beyond wonderful, it was time for her to go. There was something wrong however. she turned to Alex with a woeful look, making him wonder what was wrong.

"Celestia? Why so glum? You don't have to worry about your little kingdom now that it's open. You won't miss anything here besides your friends, will you?"

Celestia didn't mind leaving the spa treatment, for she too has one at the castle. She doesn't mind leaving the theme park of ponies. She can just go to Ponyville to remind her of all the good times. And for being a thousand year old being, she has left many friends, and shed countless tears for the final goodbye. She will shed more when she goes home. However, leaving now won't make her just cry. It will break her heart.

Walking up to Alex, she places her hoof onto Alex's hand and gives him her request.

"Alex… I… Was wondering if you could… Please come with me?"

"Huh…?"

"I… It's hard for me to say, but… I don't want this to be the last time we see each other Alex."

"Celestia, it's alright." He assures her. "We've only been together for a while, but I'll never forget you. Same for you, you know?"

"But this time we've spent isn't enough!" She cries out. She began to whimper as Alex stood before her, stunned by what was going on. She turned around and explains. "I'm not sure if this feeling is pure or just a passing. But I can't take the gamble if it is true. I can't bear to leave this world yet."

"Celestia, what are you saying?"

She inhales deeply and breathes out slowly. She took her time before turning back and quickly saying it to him. "I love you!"


Celestia woke up gasping, holding her chest with her hoof as she gazed to the window. Upon her bed was an empty side, where Alex was last night. She gets out of bed and takes a look at the backyard where the rock was. No portal was seen, and no leaving this world yet. For some reason, this was a good sign. Celestia however was focused on her dream.

"It was just a dream." She sighed. "All of it wasn't real… Not that it couldn't happen…"

She groans quietly as she holds her head, taking in all the information. At first, she was using all of her energy to leave this world. Now she wants to stay. The feelings for Alex had began to have a serious effect on her. She knew that she must get her priorities straight. After all, being the princess of Equestria is no easy job. They need her guidance as well as her ability. She felt awful to leave Luna all by herself to handle her job.

Then there was another fact. She had always worried of others. Whether it was the ponies or the sun itself, she had so much work to do. Even with a land of her precious subjects, she has found a being that cares for her the same way she cares about everyone else. This man is something dear to her. To find someone who would take so much time off their own for her felt rare. It was like finding the one thing you've been looking for in all your life.

But the barriers remain. Whether it was the species to block off the romance, or the greater good of caring for others was present, it was just one thing that clung onto her mind. Can Alex love her back? Does he share the same feelings? For the past few days, he has been making Celestia's days on his world pleasant. He has been doing that for every pony he has met when brought to this world.

Then there was Luna. Her sister had done a horrible act. Can Alex look past that? The complicated mess that was made from the past? Or would bringing the news open old wounds? Celestia had so much on her mind, she had no choice but to bunker down on one decision.

"I have to try…" She stated. "I need to at least try to see if it can work. So far, he's been a dear friend. But to see if it could work, I'll have to go on a different approach."


"Alex, I really gotta thank you for doing this." Charles said ever so gratefully. "Julie was incredibly insistent on seeing you again. She still loves coming over here it seems."

Alex sits by the dining table with three plates with Crêpes laying on each one. The crunchy delicacy lays comfortably on two plates while the third was being handpicked by the young girl. Julie gives a big smile as she turns to Alex and commends him.

"These are super tasty! Charlie, can you make these?"

"Now, I'm not as good as a cook as Alex here." Charles declined with a few sweat drops.

Alex chuckles lightly, saying, "Now, how do you two feed yourselves with that attitude? You can't keep going out to eat."

"I work at a very well paid job of inventing products you know." Charles countered. "Why, don't forget who helped invest in the Plaza now."

"Good morning Alex." Celestia greeted as she walked down the stairs.

"Oh, good morning Celest-" Alex paused as he saw Celestia wearing a red dress, brimming with ruby upon her chest. Her smile was more adoring than usual as her wonderful gaze meets Alex's unmoving eyes. He seemed to be impressed, or at least stunned as she walked to the table.

"I see we have guests. Nice to see you both." She said kindly. Celestia then noticed the child and realized who it was. "You must be Julie, Charles little sister. Nice to finally meet you."

Julie simply gave a faux smile without saying a word. Charles looked at her with a calm expression as he said, "Julie, don't be rude. Introduce yourself properly and say hello."

Julie rolled he eyes and dropped the smile for a moment before looking at her juice. Smiling deviously, she raises her hand out. "My name is Julie. Nice to meet you too-"

Suddenly, the hand pushes the glass and the grape juice spills onto Celestia's dress. Alex and Charles drop their jaws as Celestia gasps in horror before the young child.

"Oopsie."

"DAAAAH!" Alex screams, frightening everyone. He examines the dress closely to see the violet liquid mixing in the red. "Oh no! Oh no! This is the dress Fleur De Lis gave to me! Her keepsake is stained! Oh no! What do I do!? Oh shoot! Shoot!"

"Who's Fleur?" Celestia questioned, confused.

"Fleur De Lis was a mare who came here, if I remember correctly." Charles answered. "She left that behind for Alex to remember her by."

"I-I-I had no idea! I'm so sorry!" Celestia apologized frantically.

"EEP! I didn't know either!" Julie shouted with distress written all over her face.

Celestia took off the dress and gave it to Alex. He then brings it to the sink and was about to douse the stain with water. Before he could however, Charles steps in and grabs his hand.

"Let me take care of this." He offered. "I know how to get rid of the stain. Just give me a moment."


The dress was now completely clean, as if the accident had never happened. Alex sighs in relief before hugging Charles tightly.

"Thank you Charles! You have no idea how important this was!"

"I do Alex." He laughed. "You have all kinds of keepsakes. I would never let them break or anything."

"Alex, I'm sorry." Celestia apologized some more. "I didn't know. I saw it in my room and just assumed… I'm so very sorry."

"Me too Alex." Julie sighed. "It was an accident."

"Well, it's alright now." Alex sighed in relief. He smiled widely at Celestia, cheeky as usual as if nothing had happened. "Too bad, it looked good on you Celestia."

The white mare blushed while holding her smile with her hoof. Julie however glared at Celestia as if there was something wrong. Charles checked his watch and jumped as he tugged Alex's shoulder.

"I'm going to be late! I better get going." Charles told him before heading out, all while checking if his clothes were proper. As he left through the door, he looked back to his sister. "Be good Julie, and thanks again Alex. Have a good one."

"You too! See ya!" Alex waved.

"Bye!" Julie yelled.

"Have a good day as well, Charles." Celestia waved.

After he left, Alex turned to the ladies. "Alright then. Now that everything's been said and done, time for you to eat Celestia."

"What are we having today?"

"Crêpe."

"I never tried one before. Well, I might have, but it would probably have been so very long ago. I can't wait to try your-"

When she opened her eyes to see her plate, it was found empty of the food. She looked at Julie who was eating away the rest of Celestia's food. The young girl peeked at the stunned mare before licking her fingers. Celestia was a tad annoyed. Luckily, Alex has offered Celestia his plate.

"Here, I'll just make myself another one later."

"Alex, you don't have to give me yours."

"It's alright. I eat this stuff probably once a month or so. It's fine, trust me."

Celestia smiled warmly before taking a bite, tasting the mix of whip cream and chocolate. The sweet strawberries tingle the tongue, forcing Celestia to smile. Alex grinned as he left her and Julie alone. The little girl still glared at Celestia for the moment.


Upon the table within Alex's room, he wrote on the sheet of paper. His hand moved and jolted as the paper became scribbled in words, making it not much later before he got out another sheet. As Celestia watched closely, Julie stood by watching the white mare.

"What are you writing there?" Celestia asked.

"Hmm? It's a surprise." He replied. "Maybe I'll show you later, okay?"

"Alright then."

After so, Alex left to the bathroom for the moment. Celestia watched Julie as she went to the table and read the paper. Celestia's eyes opened widely, seeing Julie intrude onto Alex's paper.

"Hmm, why would he write that?" She said to herself.

"Julie, it's rude to read it that without permission." Celestia lectured.

"Look what the alicorn has to say~!" She teased, annoying Celestia.

The white mare then used her magic to levitate the paper out of her hand. Julie tugged the paper tightly and attempted to pull the paper away from her magical grasp.

"Hey! Let go!" Julie shouted.

"You let go!" Celestia yelled back.

Alex walked back inside to see the two argue. He tapped his foot onto the floor, with eyes closed in disappointment. The girls took a while before they realize Alex was staring at them in discontent. They drop the paper as it flew across the floor, reaching Alex's feet. He sighed and picked up the paper, putting it inside the drawer of his desk. Turning to the two, kicking the floor with shame upon themselves, he speaks with ease of getting their attention.

"What were you two doing?"

The two answer at the same time, making it hard to understand what they were saying.

"She was looking at your writing without permission, so I was simply trying to take it away from her-"

"She was trying to look at your paper, so I tried to stop her by taking it back-"

"Stop." He says with his fingers pinching his face. The two watch carefully as Alex thinks carefully about what to do. "Julie, you're going to have to behave yourself. You usually treat ponies better than this."

"But Alex-!"

"No buts. You have to give every pony a chance, no matter what. Celestia is our guest in our world, and I expect you to be kind as usual, okay?"

Julie moans in annoyance, rolling her eyes along with her head. She took her time complaining in mumbles before she finally crossed her arms. She clenched her eyes and mouth until she gave her answer.

"… Fine, I'll be nicer."

"Good." Alex grinned, now looking to Celestia. "Now Celestia, as a princess of even a little kingdom, you should know about how to treat children. And no matter how much of a handful they could be, Julie is indeed well behaved and well mannered. I expect you to get along with her, alright?"

"… I'll try…" Celestia replied.

"Alright then! Well, I have to go do something. Why don't you go outside? Being inside all day isn't good for you."

"Alright Alex…" Julie responded calmly. The girls then left the house, still holding sourness towards each other. Alex groaned as he sat on his chair, holding his head.

"I hope they can get along. I wonder why Julie is acting like this?"


Celestia sat outside, levitating a frisbee. She used her magic to toss the toy to Julie, who in return, caught it and threw it back to Celestia. The two glared at each other for a while. Meanwhile nearby, Alex was looking through the kitchen window, watching the two play. He waves to them as Celestia notices his presence. She smiled warmly and waved back.

Julie saw the two interacting, and quickly threw the frisbee to Celestia. She doesn't notice in time, and gets hit in the head. Alex watched awkwardly as the horse got up and shouted at Julie.

"Don't throw it at my head!"

"I've been throwing it to you the same way for the past ten minutes." Julies stated. "Maybe if you didn't make any goo-goo eyes at Alex, you would've caught it."

Celestia became irritated, but withheld any violence. I have never struck a child with intention, and I'm not going to start now. No matter how annoying she may be.

With an idea, Celestia used her magic and launched the frisbee to the sky, and at a far off distance. Julie dropped her jaw as it reach very far. She turned to the grinning Celestia as she mouthed the word…

Fetch

Julie frowned at her before chasing after the plastic toy. As she traveled over the bushes and around the trees to look for it, Celestia went inside. Within the kitchen, she sees Alex holding three glasses of lemonade.

"I thought you two might be thirsty, so I made you something to drink." He offered.

"Why, thank you Alex." She says happily.

The two sit down, drinking the sweet and sour beverage. As they waited for Julie, Alex starts a conversation.

"Julie know proper manners you know."

"I've been told, but to be honest…" Celestia says while implying something. Alex chuckles lightly and nods.

"Yeah, I noticed how rude she is instead. I don't know why, she usually gets along with all the ponies. Like Rochelle."

Celestia's ears lower a bit hearing the name. She felt a shrill of guilt as it simply being mentioned was enough to bother her. Celestia turned to the window, showing a tired Julie walking tirelessly to the stone. She lied on it, and positioned her head to wear it seemed as if she was listening to the rock. Alex looked down, saddened with a thought.

"I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the others." He told Celestia.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you remember that night at the bar in Pony Plaza? Charles, and probably along with the others, still hold a bit of hatred to alicorns." He explained.

"Alicorns? Specifically alicorns? Why is that? Is it because of… Nightmare Moon?"

"Perhaps. That's the only reason I can think of. But they tend to fear and avoid it rather than take the hatred head on. Like what Julie was doing."

"I didn't know Julie would feel the same way… Nightmare Moon has put a heavy toll on you all…"

"… Other than me, Julie was the most hurt of all."

Celestia turned to Alex, surprised of this. "Why is that?"

"Rochelle was her best friend." Alex answered. "Rochelle was the one who showed her Lyra. From then on, she came over very often to meet and see the ponies, and tried to be there when they left. Ever since Rochelle died, Julie has been visiting less and less. She misses her so much…"

Celestia stared into space as she didn't know this at all. Once again, she had treated someone else coldly without getting to know their situation. She had felt as if she learned nothing from what she has already done to Alex. Ashamed of herself, Celestia turns to the girl on the rock. She sleeps peacefully while Celestia thinks about what to do with this heartbroken child.

Author's Note:

Ah, why'd it take so long? Hoo.

Julie's secret hatred is revealed. How awful she must feel towards Celestia.
Mmm... tell me, what part did you like so far from the entire story? I'd like to know for, "I love to peer into my fans business." thing.

Eh, I might extend this chapter or just post the other part as another chapter. Whichever works.