• Published 14th Sep 2014
  • 11,541 Views, 129 Comments

Celestia's Care Taker - SparkStone



Princess Celestia is mysteriously taken to earth without knowledge of how it happened. Meeting a human, Alex, he takes care of her until a fore mentioned portal opens once more to bring her back.

  • ...
50
 129
 11,541

Chapter 10

The most uncomfortable morning begins. Celestia awakens from the recently defrosted house of Charles and Julie. She stretches and feels the aches from her wings and head, as they too were given freedom from the wintery embrace. She sluggishly rises from her bed, nearly hitting the dresser if it weren’t for her boggled vision. Going through the door, she is greeted by a tired Julie, rubbing her eye as she waits for the bathroom.

“Who’s in there?” She grumbles.

“My brother wakes up really early, so he usually gets first dibs.” Julie yawned.

“Do you not have any other restrooms?” Celestia asked.

“The pipes to the one downstairs are still kinda frozen.” Julie replied.

The two groan at this one moment, waiting by the bathroom. Meanwhile, Alex was downstairs cooking breakfast. The good old scrambled eggs felt like this was enough to bring everyone back to their spirits. Finished with frying the eggs and preparing the toast, he waits patiently for the others. This gave him enough time to answer a knock to the door.

He walks over and answers the door. Opening it, he finds his sister, Aurabelle. Her head was lowered, never making eye contact, too ashamed for what she had recently done. Alex doesn’t sound lively either, but still invites her inside. She refuses sadly.

“Are you sure?” Alex questioned. “I made breakfast. Sunny side up.”

“Alex… I know you have the power to forgive others… Much better than anyone else.” Aurabelle stated. “You can pretty much be friends with anyone if you try hard enough… but as for me… I’m not feeling too well to even be called your sister…”

“Aurabelle.”

“I went crazy back there Alex. I don’t even know why I did all of that.” She stated. “But that’s not an excuse. What grew into anger and frustration… My jealousy of how much you spend time taking care of others, but never spending time with me. I’ve been working in the corporate businesses for most of my time. The things I do… The pain I carried… And perhaps even this magic… I went insane. The worst part is no one in this world can help me. If I were to be thrown in the asylum, I’ll destroy the building. I’m a variable of chaos and destruction, and I’m too scared what I’ll become…”

“Aurabelle, snap out of it.” Alex told her with a stern voice. “You’re not gonna go crazy like that. You’ll be fine as long as you take time to listen to others instead of bottling up your feelings.”

“I’m too afraid Alex… And knowing you’re here, I might kill you too…” She stated grimly. “Which is why… I was wondering if you could do me one last favor.”

Alex starts to sweat a bit and asks, “What exactly?”

“Please go to Equestria with Celestia.” She begged. “If you’re not in this world, you’ll be safe from me. I won’t have to worry about what happens to you to say the least. And… And… you can be happy! All of your friends are there… And Celestia… I know Celestia will take care of you…”

“I’ll… I’ll think about it.”

“Please decide quickly.” Aurabelle warns him. “I was at your house, and felt the energy… The portal is opening today…”

Silence between the two flood in, and Alex simply stares into space. Not sure how to react, now finally saying goodbye to Celestia. Knowing this information, he should resume to the same old ritual of saying goodbye. But for some reason, the thought of it curled his stomach as if it would be too painful to do so. Why was this hurting him? Why does saying goodbye to Celestia hurt more than saying goodbye to the others? The other pony, while painful to say farewell, still felt good knowing they’re going home. But for Celestia? It was different. He felt extremely insecure, and didn’t know what to say.

“You should get ready to take her back to… what remains of your house.” She tells him.

After she left, Alex turns around to see Charles seeing everything that happened. A quiet moment takes place before a chuckle from Charles.

“Heh… well, you were more of a pony person anyways.” He joked with half a smile.

“Charles… When I think of doing the same thing with Celestia… saying goodbye…” Alex informs him. “I… It hurts… why?”

“Are you really that dense?” He scoffs. “You’re starting to fall for her, Alex.”

“Huh…” Alex muttered. “I guess that could be it…”

“So, are you going to go with her?” Charles asked. “It might be for the best seeing how your house is destroyed, and uh… you’re sort of homeless.”

“Wait, so me staying here is temporary?” Alex said, raising an eyebrow. “Like, what, two days?”

“U-Until you either fixed your house or moved out.” He claimed. “I can’t afford for three people in one house.”

“You forsaken cheapskate.” Alex sneers.

Celestia and Julie came down sometime and got to the table. Alex and Charles joined them and together, they ate their breakfast. As delighted as Celestia was, she was still unaware that this is the last breakfast she will have on earth. Still, the bliss of ignorance allowed her to continue her jovial expression with the childish Julie. The two made faces at Charles with eggs still in their mouths, disturbing the poor man. Alex laughed at his fate, still enjoying this finale.


The four drove back to Alex’s house. Originally, the reason to go there was to pick out from the wreckage of the incident. But Charles and Alex found a new reason, and now are feeling the pressure of it all.

This is it. The last moments. Every time a pony leaves, it’d be a farewell of smiles and tears. This time, everyone might as well be crying. Alex doesn’t even know if he has the chance to tell Brinnet or Harold. He doesn’t want to just disappear without a trace.

As they arrive, Harold was outside, wearing what seemed to be… a suit. His face is scrunched up as if he was extremely annoyed. A smile plasters his face the best he could muster as he walks to the car.

“Alex, Celestia. Please come with me.”

Alex stared at Harold, with mouth agape and widened eyes. Unsure what was going on, he complies along with Celestia. She too is unsure what is going on. Harold guides the two to the backyard of the house, leaving Charles and Julie to park the car.

When upon the backyard, the two gasp at the sight. Flowers bloom everywhere around the yard. A small stream of water courses around the stone, and the table is placed near. Harold seats the two at their table and hands out a menu.

“What… would you like?” He chokes out.

“Uh… Some reality?” Alex asked.

“I’m afraid we are FRESH OUT.” He grumbles. “Might I suggest… pasta?”

“That sounds nice.” Celestia nods.

“I guess…. Two orders?” Alex replied. “And… maybe some wine?”

“Right away then.” Harold sighs. As he walks to the house, he grumbles, “I’m gonna kill Brinnet after this, I swear.

The two look at each other and held in their laughter the best they could. Their snickering can be seen from what remains of Alex’s kitchen, where Brinnet, Julie, Charles, Aurabelle, and Harold are watching.

“They seem to be having a good time.” Brin spoke.

“Yeah, laughing at ME!” Harold complained. “Why do I have to be the dang waiter?”

“You fit the part.” Brin replied.

Charles crossed his arms and watched his friend spend time with the mare. As sad as it may be, it was time to accept and say farewell to the both of them. He smiles as they enjoyed each other’s company, knowing that they’ll make each other happy.

“So… you planned all of this?” Julie asked.

Aurabelle nods slowly, looking to the couple. “It’s… the best apology I can manage with my magic and in such short time.”

“Are you really okay with this?” Brin asked.

“His happiness is important. And his safety can be ensured if Celestia is with him.” Aurabelle stated. “Celestia will do what she can to make him happy.”

Brin places the plates of spaghetti and glasses of wine on the platter, handing it to Harold.

“Here. Go and give this to them.” She orders.

“Brin, I will see to it that you pay me back by being a waitress at my bar!” He threatens.

“That… doesn’t really scare me.” She scoffs.

Harold grumbles and regains his etiquette as a waiter, going outside to serve the two once more. He places the food and drink on their table and bows before leaving. Celestia and Alex giggles a bit before resuming their meal.

“This is quite a surprise.” Celestia says, blushing. “It’s almost as if they were planning a date for us!”

“Heh, looks like it.” Alex chuckles some.

“And did you see the flowers? And the river stream?” Celestia asked. “It’s all so wonderful. Aurabelle can really use her magic quite well.”

Alex pauses and looks up to Celestia. “Aurabelle?”

“I can sense her magic residue all over this place. She recently placed the table using levitation, and she grew the flowers using a spell. Same for the water too.”

“She planned all of this?” Alex says in surprise. “Wow… Who’d a think it?”

“It is very surprising!” Celestia stated. “But why would she do all of this today and so suddenly? Why would she-”

Celestia stops and turns to the stone. She stares at it for a moment, and senses a powerful force within. It is not present at the moment, but it is about to emerge. She then understands everything, and what is happening. Piecing everything together, she gives a small smile to Alex, who seems to have some trouble coping with this as well.

“Oh… I… I see…” She mumbles. “This is quite awkward… It seems we are all now aware of… what is going to happen.”

“It would seem like it.” He sighs.

Celestia turns to the people inside the house and says, “Please come out… If this is going to be the last time I’ll see you, I’d like to say farewell properly.”

Moments pass and the quiet crickets pass by. The door creaks open, and Julie runs out hugging Celestia in tears. Charles, Brin, Harold, and Aurabelle walk out as well. Julie still holds Celestia close a bit longer before letting go.

“I’m gonna miss you…” She told her.

“We’re all gonna miss you.” Charles said with watery eyes almost streaming.

The white mare slowly turns to Alex, unsure of what to say. She has the moment to seize it, but she trembles as she gets the words to leave her mouth. Alex waits patiently for her, as she continues to try her best.

“Alex… I… was wondering…”

“… Yes…?” Alex spoke.

“If… we’ll meet again someday?”

Harold and Brin started hitting the wall with their fists, cursing about something. Aurabelle shakes her head at the display while Charles pinches his face from this dilemma. Alex gives a smile and said, “I really, really hope so.”

“Oh man, these two are hopeless.” Julie whispered.

Aurabelle walked up and said, “You will be spending your times together from this point forward.”

Celestia jumps hearing this. Aurabelle’s serious expression takes over as she crosses her arms. Even though she looks mildly threatening, she has a glimmer of care in her eyes. Celestia is still confused about all of this.

“What do you mean?” Celestia questioned.

“I can no longer guarantee safety or happiness for Alex.” She grimaces. “I seem to cause only pain… It’d be best if he leaves with you, and finds joy there.”

“Aurabelle…” Celestia mutters.

Just as that was said, the portal finally opens. The view of it shows the throne of Canterlot, and the seat awaits Celestia to claim it. Celestia turns to her friends and then to Alex as they are all frozen in the climax.

She walks to Alex and finally asks the question.

“Alex… Can you come with me to Equestria?”

A heart beats, and everyone turns to Alex. Another beats, and Alex lowers his head to decide. The final beat, he looks up with a smile.

“Celestia… I’d love to…”

Everyone smiles widely, and tears start to drop. But another part continues.

“But I can’t…”

And the heart breaks. He quickly embraces Celestia and continues to speak.

“While I can escape to another world, and probably have an even better life, I can’t imagine the pain I will leave on everyone. Especially Aurabelle. She’s too tied to the world to come with me, but she doesn’t have the strength to go on her own without me.”

Alex keeps holding her close and continues. “You and I have failed our sisters once before. This is my chance of redemption, of healing, and of helping her. If I go with you, Aurabelle will be lost. It’d be as bad as you losing Luna…”

Celestia stays still, and nods in understanding. She lays her head onto him and the two give their final embrace. Aurabelle clenches her hand and says, “Alex… I always try to take care of you, but in the end, you’re always the one who… who…”

“I’m a natural Care Taker.” He replied. “So, I can’t leave someone who needs me. Especially if it’s my family.”

Aurabelle bites her lip and yells, “Just go with her! Just leave… I don’t want to take away your happiness anymore… Please…!”

She trembles to the ground as the others watch this heart breaking moment. Alex and Celestia walk to the portal. She turns to him and smiles.

“Oh… and one more thing before we say goodbye.” Alex said, leaning in for a kiss. Celestia’s eyes widens, but she takes it all in. The warmth of his lips, and the passion within is shared. Once it ended, Celestia struggle a bit more to leave, but manages. Alex too struggles to watch her leave, but accepts it.


At the dead of night, the throne room is quiet. The guards are still a bit tired of watching the place, but still stand tall with might like a shield. As they stand guard, a sudden noise shakes the place, awakening and alerting all. The guards rush in to the source of the noise. The throne room to be exact. Luna teleported to the scene of the crime, and they all ready themselves.

“Show yourself!” Luna shouted.

Fumes go on and about, but the mist clears quickly and reveal a white mare with celestial hair flowing freely. The three were in shock of who it was.

“Princess!” The guards yelled before bowing.

“Sister!” Luna cried, quickly hugging her. “Where in Equestria were you!? You just disappeared without a trace!”

“Yes, my apologies Luna.” She tells her. “I was… under a stressful situation. Someone had to take care of me.”

“I see. You must tell me all about what happened and…” Luna paused and turned to ask, “Did you say… someone?”

“Yes?”

“That’s an odd way to speak.” Luna thought. “I rarely hear you say that.”

“Oh… It must have rubbed off on me.” Celestia claimed. “No matter, I will tell you all about it.”

“Very well. Better get some rest. Every pony is asleep at the moment.”

“Ah, yes.” Celestia nodded. Just as she was going to her room, she stopped and turned to her sister. “Oh, and Luna?”

“Yes sister?” She asks.

A sudden embrace between the two came together. Luna had no idea what was going on, but felt the love Celestia was trying to share. She returns the hug and says, “Truly, you must tell me all about your adventure.”

“I will… just, let me tell you that I love you, and I don’t ever want to lose you ever again…”

Luna was really not sure where this was coming from, but nods. “I’m not going anywhere. I promise.”

Farewell, My Care Taker

Author's Note:

Yeah, I put the title of this chapter at the end to avoid obvious spoilers.

Sequel! Sequel! Sequel! Says everyone.