• Published 14th Sep 2014
  • 3,013 Views, 70 Comments

A New World, a New Lifestyle - Omega_code



A Zoroark who lived his life as a human now has to adapt living with ponies.

  • ...
13
 70
 3,013

Chapter 1

BOOOM!

A flash of light and the rolling rumble of thunder roared in Xerox’s ears, causing him to snap his eyes open as he let out a surprised yelp. His body scrambled to get up from the soaked ground as he stood on all fours, his fur rising in fright. He panted heavily as his eyes darted around, trying to figure out where he was or what happened to him.

The Zoroark found himself standing in an alleyway between two wooden buildings, rain pouring from above as another roll of thunder boomed by. The alleyway itself was only about seven feet wide with an assortment of trash cans and junk lying around. Still, his heart rate jumped a bit from the shock of being out in the open like this. How did I end up here!? Where is here? Where is my backpack? Did anyone see me? Why am I just standing here!? were a few of the questions buzzing through his mind, his eyes darting up to some covered windows.

He quickly stood on his hind legs and went to a small overhanging of the roof, which provided minimal cover from the rain. He then brought his arms up and the jewel around his mane glowed and to the outside world another set of trash cans materialized around him, hiding him from view.

Xerox let out a large sigh of relief as he but his back against the wall and allowed himself to slide into a sitting position. He then winced a bit and rubbed his forehead, now noticing the piercing headache he was having. Ugh... what happened... I remember going to my classes then... He frowned as his mind drew a blank, well a blank only to what happened afterwards, he did however remember one thing.

“Rest now my children, for when you awake a whole new world shall be your home.”

The Zoroark frowned. He had no idea who’s voice spoke to him... it couldn’t be his father, since he knew that voice very well and the implication of children meant more than one. Xerox was an only child... or Zorua. The last thing was what the voice meant by ‘a new world shall your home’?

He pondered the thought for a bit longer before he noticed the rain was letting up and he looked up to the sky. To his amazement, he saw clouds already beginning to part away, and to his shock, see them not doing it by their own will.

To his still foggy mind, what looked like Ponytas with wings were flying in the air, pushing and dragging clouds away, his ear flickered upward to catch someone shouting out orders.

“Get those clouds moving, come on, come on,” a female voice stated. “We got to get this storm moving before it runs out of water, and we do not need to be behind on our water quota! So come you slackers, get a moving!”

Xerox blinked. He then lowered his gaze slowly and then peered out to the side, looking out of the alleyway he was in.

Curtains for window started to be pulled back, and heads of more Ponyta’s like creatures started to poke out from them, glancing up to the sky. Some of them smiled and opened their windows, allowing the fresh, cool, rain smelling air inside while others just left the curtains drawn out.

Xerox blinked once more. Where on Earth am I?! the single question spoke to him loudly. His heart rate began to race inside of him. Did something bad happen to me when I passed out? Did I get captured? Is this some sort of simulation run in PCs? Is this the afterlife!? He was nearly hyperventilating before he covered his eyes and his jewel glowed once more, his Zoroark body fading away to his human.

“Calm down Xerox....” he told himself, taking in deep breaths and slowly letting them out. “A panic mind would lead to rushed and pour actions and thoughts,” he stated, remembering the advice Scarlet gave him during his time with her. His racing heart slowed down as he took in another deep breath. “Right now... I need to find out where I am and what happen to me. I can do this, I’ve done it plenty times before.”

He let out one final deep breath before peering out once more out of the alleyway. He saw more of the Ponytas out of their house, walking about and talking casually to one another. Upon closer inspection now, Xerox could tell these weren’t no where near the Ponytas he knew from Pokedex entries.

For one, none of them had flaming manes or tails, it was all just hair. Not only that but it and their coat were not in the same color pattern, instead they varied from all colors of the spectrum. Most bizarre of all were the little pictures on their flanks, depicting from a set of clouds, to hammers, to even flowers, and basically any everyday object found in life. Last, but certainly not least, where how some had horns on their head, or wings on their back, or none at all. It was all very abnormal to the Zoroark.

Xerox frowned deeply as he leaned away and back to his hiding spot behind his illusionary trash cans. “Okay.... Just think this through. These really aren’t any Pokemon recognized by man, I never saw anything like them in a Pokedex Entries. And that voice... he said something about a new world....” He tapped a finger underneath his chin before his eyes widen. “Oh by the heavens above... I’m on a different world!”

Even as he said it sounded crazy to his mind, but when he really thought about it, it was the only solution. For one, humans have traveled all around the Earth, finding nearly every Pokemon known to existence so it was highly unlikeable they missed these Ponyta like creatures. Another reason was, as he heard more of the talking, he could recognize they clearly weren’t speaking in a Pokemon langue but one more attuned to that of humans. Third was the voice... it said he would wake up in a new world... and well... as Sherlock like to say, ‘Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth’.

“Oooooh boy....” he said faintly, his human illusion dropping and he began to nibble one of his claws nervously. What to do, what to do, what to do, he rapidly repeated in his mind. I doubt I can just walk out there... what would they think of me? Even worse, what would they do if they capture me?! Xerox swallowed a lump forming in his throat, not wanting to know the answer to his-

“Sweet Celestia what is that thing!?” a female voice screamed out.

Xerox’s body froze completely, his fur standing on it’s end as his head whirled up and around. To his slight relief, there were none of these strange Ponytas standing next to him pointing their hooves in honor. No, instead they were doing it to a large Serperior.

“It’s a giant snake! Run for the hills!” another exclaimed before letting out a scream of fright and the sound of hooves galloping away.

“Somepony alert the sheriff!” a third stated as the sound of a door slamming rang in the air.

The Serperior for the most part did really seem to be phased by all the screaming, instead it look mostly confused and lost. “Hey, I’m not here to harm you. I just need help, and... well just help will work for the first part.”

Xerox’s ears perked up in surprise. For one, he knew that voice. It was Scarlet’s and... he really couldn’t believe it at first, but again his ears rarely lied to him. The other thing was he notice she wasn’t speaking in the human language, but instead like a Pokemon.

The Zoroark’s mind went blanked. He hadn’t the slightest clue how Scarlet was able to be turn into a Serperior and speak like a Pokemon. It was... mind boggling to say the least. Though it didn’t really help the now ex-human. She was just standing in the middle of the rood, her ruby eyes glancing around as a trouble frown crossed her face.

Xerox bit his bottom lip as his claws wrapped against his leg. ...I need to help her, she’s just as lost as me and... well I don’t think she released they don’t understand her. He gulped as he glanced around the alleyway, making sure no one was standing next to him. I just hope she can understand me.... or I’m able to comment to these... Ponytas. I do hope there’s not much difference between human speech and theres.

He took in a deep breath as he drop his illusion and ran up to the Serperior. “Scarlet!” he shouted out, deciding to play it safe at first and speak out in Pokemon. “Zoroark!”

Scarlet’s head perked up before it turned to face the running Zoroark. She frowned at first before her eyes brighten. “Xerox? Is that you?”

Xerox nod his head rapidly as he stop right next to her. “Yeah... and no, I have no idea what’s going on. Expect for... well this might sound crazy but I think we’re on another world.”

The Serperior ruby eyes blink blankly at him, an expressionless face overtaking her composer.

“Yeah... like I said, it’s sounds crazy, but I can explain myself,” Xerox explained, his head turning left and right as he scanned the area for any Ponytas. “However, I think we need to find a spot to hide first... I don’t think these inhabits are not friendly towards-”

“FREEZE!” an authoritative female voice shouted out and before either of them could react a blue dome of energy capsule over them. Xerox let out a yelp of surprise, his body jumping back away from the dome and against Scarlet’s grass feeling body. The Serperior however only turn to the direction of the voice. Standing a few feet away was a light brown Pontya with a horn glowing faintly in the same color of the dome. Two piercing narrow blue eyes glared at them as a silver tail swish behind her. She was wearing a sash with a badge on it, with ‘Deputy’ clearly visible on it.

“You two are under arrest by the authority of New Hope’s Equestrian Guard. If you two do not comply, I am authorized to used any force necessary to bring you in,” she stated, her horn flashing making the dome seem to glow menacing.

Xerox and Scarlet both stared at her, the Zoroark still had his back press against the Superior long upright neck, his forepaws already up in the air. “Scarlet... do we go with her?” he whispered over to her.

The ex-woman stay silent for a moment, her eyes staring inquiring at the mare. “Yes... it’s not a good idea to get in trouble with the law. Especially if we are in some new world or such,” she replied. “Maybe from there we can talk to her boss and straighten things out.” Xerox frowned worryingly a bit, not really liking the idea of just willful being arrested, but he trusted Scarlet’s judgement enough.

He nodded his head slowly as he push himself off her back. I do hope this work... he muttered to himself.

The mare glanced between the two, nodding her head in approval as they didn’t try to resists. “Good... now, follow me,” she said, turning around and walking down the street. As she did so the dome move along with her, causing Scarlet and Xerox to move along with it. The ex-woman seem to have a bit of trouble slithering, still get used to her new body and all, but she was move fast enough to keep the barrier from pushing against her tail.

Xerox walked beside her on his hind legs, occasionally glance out to look at the passing buildings. He saw large two storied houses, along with stores selling food, bakery goods, clothes, and pretty much anything a typical store would sell. He also saw Ponytas peeking out their windows, looking at them with awe of fear and worried before hiding behind the shelter of their curtains.

The Zoroark ears flattened against the side of his head, his claws beginning to tapped anxiously with each other.

I really hope this works out... he stated in his trouble mind.