• Published 11th Sep 2014
  • 2,932 Views, 57 Comments

My best friend - BewhoUr



Pinkie doesn't realize it yet. Like you could blame her, she doesn't have much experience in the subject. Shes never exactly had... a crush before. So really, you can't blame her.

  • ...
2
 57
 2,932

Lessons learned

Well… today I learned a very important lesson.

Of course I couldn't just travel through that dreadful desert alone, (It is a rather far trip to Appleoosa) so I decided to ask for some help from the local farm stallion, Big mac. He was of course, pleased to take me there in that dusty cart of his, so I thanked him heartily and we set off around 5 minutes after Pinkie and Cheeses cart arrived. I do have to say, she looked simply divine. I told big mac to chase, as the ponies pulling their cart were acting rather playful. I always kept them in my sight for fear of loosing them in the desert. I needed this to go perfectly if my plan was to work. And after the chase was complete, (It was 5 hours of riding in the hot sun non-stop. It was simply dreadful, must have been terrible for my fur) we arrived at Apploosa. I thanked Big mac again and set off to follow Pinkie and Cheese. I saw them getting off their cart and I was determined not to loose them in the crowd. You know, it can happen very quickly in crowds such as these. I could see that Pinkie was trying to follow my advice, she was acting as ladylike as she could. Really, for the first date, she was doing smashingly.

And of course, when I thought things couldn't get better, they got worse. The concert was starting in 2 minutes and I had lost track of the new couple. Horsefeathers. I ran through the crowd frantically, (but not too frantically, I needed to look at least sophisticated.) After the initial thoughts of, I lost them, this is a disaster, whatever shall I do, I realized that they were only a couple feet to the left of me. I breathed a sigh of relief. Those two sure knew how to appear out of "nowhere." I caught their conversation and it left me in surprise.

"Pinkie… why are you so serious?" I pricked my ears and Pinkie sighed, that decisive moment playing her head as clear as day. Finally she sighed and looked at Cheese.

"Well… I just really wanted to not mess up our date, so I took courses on how to be ladylike and polite." My head jerked up. Was my doing the problem? Cheese did look genuinely concerned.

"Pinkie.. I don't think you get it. I like you for YOU. Not because you act ladylike, but because you act like a spaz. Not because you're polite, but because you're downright rude sometimes. I like you because you're are the craziest pony I've ever met." Pinkie's and my eyes flashed with realization.

------------------------------------------

Dear journal,

Today I learned that a pony doesn't need to be a total romantic, a lady, or even polite to fall in love. They just need to be in love. It doesn't matter if they have never had a moment of romance in their life, they just need to stick to their own guts and go for what they feel. In the end, you don't need to interfere with love. If its meant to be, you don't need to interfere at all.

- Rarity

Author's Note:

I feel like I've read a fan fiction somewhat like this one somewhere… oh well. It shall be a trend.