• Published 11th Sep 2014
  • 2,945 Views, 57 Comments

My best friend - BewhoUr



Pinkie doesn't realize it yet. Like you could blame her, she doesn't have much experience in the subject. Shes never exactly had... a crush before. So really, you can't blame her.

  • ...
2
 57
 2,945

One does not simply

You see, darling. One does not simply "have a crush." One either admires a pony of the opposite gender, in a good, friendly way. They think of them as a friend and maybe occasionally wonder if they could be something more. Or there's the case where the pony thinks of them as... cute, talented, etc. And they like them in more then a friend way. And I happen to have named these cases case one and case two, for easy reference. And I know personally (really, she makes it so obvious,) that one of my friends has a bad case of case two. I have to say, out of all of my friends, I never thought that she would be the first of us. I mean, I could easily see Twilight having a crush on that guard, Flash sentry. But I think she has more of a case one, since she doesn't exactly see him much. And Fluttershy, well! Of course she had a crush on Discord! But I think its still a case one. The rest of my friends don't have a crush, at least as I'm aware. And I'm usually pretty aware of these things. So why would Pinkie be the first to catch case two fever? It doesn't make since, but oh, I'm glad. Because I finally get to play matchmaker! I've done some research on who Pinkie's crush is (I didn't have to research much before I found out that pinkie liked that guy that helped to host Dashie's Birthday/anniversary. Oh, isn't it ADORABLE?

------------------------------------------------

Today, I woke up bright and early to begin my little plan. The second I woke up of course, Opal was already being an angel. She had my calender in her mouth. I was planning on searching it for a drastic event that absolutely needed a party. I wonder how those odd senses work. One second, you have a party emergency, and the next second, Cheese is at your door. Anyhow, Opal was being very fussy and I didn't know why until I opened the calender and saw that it was, indeed, Opal's birthday.

"Why my dear sweet opal, how could I have forgotten! This is perfect!" I said, looking around quickly. I had some experience in parties, being a pony of high tastes, but now that would have to all go down the drain. If I wanted my plan to work, I had to ruin a party. So I grabbed a hoof full of streamers laying around in my storage room and began ripping them up and throwing them everywhere. It wasn't long until I heard a knock at my door. I looked around and the sufficiently confetti-ed room and opened the door, only to see Pinkie pie. "Why, hello Pinkie!" I said, thinking to myself, 'this could still work out.' Pinkie smiled.

"Hi Rarity! I thought that i'd wish opal a happy birthday and see if you had her party under control. I can see that you do!" I looked at her in shock and then remembered something. Opal was a CAT. She most likely enjoyed the shredded streamers.

"Oh... of course darling!" I smiled nervously.

"Well goodbye! Happy birthday Opal!" As pinkie bounced out the door, she bumped into- Yes! She bumped into Cheese. My plan was now going perfectly. Right on schedule too. Cheese smiled at pinkie and took his hat off.

"Pinkie! Its great to see you!" Pinkie bounced into the air, giggling and smiling.

"You too Cheese!" Both ponies started laughing hysterically for no apparent reason. Oh yes, this was too perfect. Now that I think about it, I hope they aren't related... Oh well. No bother. I quietly closed the door and peeked through the keyhole so that I could hear their conversation. It wasn't snooping. It was RESEARCHING. Pinkie cocked her head. "So, Cheese! What brings you to Ponyville?" Cheese kicked a stray rock on the path.

"Well, I sensed that there was a party in need, but that's not the only thing. I... I also came to see you." Pinkie smiled and blushed slightly.

"Well, I'm glad you did! There's soooo much I have to tell you about!"

"Then lets go!" They both hopped into a- was that a hot air balloon? I guess I should be expecting stuff like this while doing my... research.

I had to ask Rainbow dash for some help. I went to her door with an autographed wonderbolt's picture (I don't really remember when I got it,) and a request for some advice. Of course, she agreed to give me a lift and some help in my mission.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Once I was in the air, Dash left me with my own cloud walking spell and good luck. So that way, I followed the two party ponies.

"Why are we in a balloon?"
"Who cares?" Cheese pulled a balloon from his saddlebag and he and Pinkie began batting it back and forth. It looked like a fun game and it worked pretty well until the balloon got to close to the fire and popped. Then Pinkie seemed eager to impress her fellow party pony.

"Hey! Watch this!" She leaped out of the balloon. When both Cheese and I looked to see if he was OK, she was walking on air. "Pinkie Physics!" I smiled. This would go smashingly. How more perfect could this get? Cheese jumped out of the basket as well, landing right next to Pinkie and walking along with her.

"I'll race you to Sugarcube corner!" The party ponies both said at once. Then they took off like bullets. It was all I could to to safely lower myself to the ground with my magic and wait for them at their rather loudly proclaimed destination.

Author's Note:

By god, the OTP feels XDX