• Published 12th Sep 2014
  • 5,614 Views, 76 Comments

Return of the Bats! - DisUsernameScreamsKhaos



Even after Twilight's spell, Fluttershy still finds herself transforming at night. But instead for apple juices, she wants blood.

  • ...
11
 76
 5,614

How to Make Twilight Love You

The beauty of Luna's moon was now replaced by the light of Celestia's sun. Most ponies would be up and about by now, yet some chose to remain within the confines of their homes. Spike and the CMC remained within the bear's cave. They had to think of a way to return their friends to normal. Spike let off a yawn. "Well, what do we do about this bat problem?" he asked.

"Well, what does the book say again?" asked Scootaloo. Sweetie Belle levitated the book to herself and flipped it to the right page.

"It says that we have to make somepony 'forget about their thirst.' I'm pretty sure that means we have to make one of them forget about drinking blood." said Sweetie Belle. Applebloom grabbed the book.

"It also say that we have ta make that pony love us. Ah don't want ta have a marefriend. Ah'm too young for even a coltfriend!" she said.

"I don't think it needs to be that kind of love Applebloom." said Scootaloo.

"Maybe a love for a hobby would be enough." said Spike. As soon as they all agreed, they decided to head out in search for their target. They decided that Twibite, err, Twilight would be the best choice since she was crazy when it came to books and studies. She would probably do anything for a book. They were about to set out when they were interrupted by a loud growl.

"Was that the bear?" asked Scootaloo.

"Uh... actually, that was m belly." said Spike. The CMC were about to complain, but their stomachs just rumbled as well. They were starving.


While on the topic of food, shall we return to the mane 6? It all started last night...

“We’ll get them next time.” said Applebat.

“We shouldn’t have fallen for their tricks!” said Count Dashula.

“If only somepony hadn’t decided to go all soft and mushy, our meal wouldn't have escaped.” said Rariteeth.

“I-i’m sorry… I thought she was injured.” whisperred Flutterbat.

“Whatever, can we get a snack first?” asked… still, Pinkie Pie.

“Well then… to Ponyville!” said Twibite.

As soon as they arrived in Ponyville, they started the hunt. Both mare and stallion were not safe. They would eat them all. However, tonight they were too tired. They settled for eating one unicorn stallion. His name was Blueblood. Even if he was screaming, everypony in town just sat down around them and watched; nopony liked that snob. After their meal, they found a tree in the Everfree where they all hung upside down to get some rest.


After eating some food, Spike and the CMC continued on their mission. Twilight and company were nowhere to be found, probably still asleep. "Spike, how are we gonna get Twilight to stop drinking blood?" asked Scootaloo.

"Well, what does she care about the most?" asked Spike.

"Books! We can lure her out using some of her books, then we can throw them off a cliff." said Sweetie Belle.

"How would that help?" asked Applebloom.

"Well, she does love her books, maybe if she gets so alarmed by her books getting thrown away, she would just chase after them and forget about the blood thing long enough." said Spike. Sure enough, they went through with their plan.


Twilight and her friends woke up from their nap. Once again, they were hungry. The unicorn they feasted on last night was worthless. They decided to head for Ponyville again to stop by Sugarcube Corner for some muffins. Come on now, just because they were bat ponies, that didn't mean that they just fed on blood, one must expand their menu. As Pinkie fetched their muffins the rest chatted. "What do we do now? I don't know about you girls but sleeping in caves and hanging from trees is just horrible for my hair." said Rariteeth.

"Well, we could stay in my library." suggested Twibite.

"Ah don't think that's such a bad idea." said Applebat.

"I'm fine with that, those caves made my wings sore." said Count Dashula, who was rubbing her sore wings. Flutterbat just nodded in agreement. Pinkie Pie, ((ugh still no name)), walked over to them completely oblivious to their conversation and handed each vampony their muffin. It has been quite some time since the six mares did something like this. Peace and quiet, with their friends, and enjoying each other's company. Yes, this was the life. They enjoyed their chat so much that they didn't notice that it was already night out.

"We should probably get going, we need the rest." said Twibite.

"Yeah I guess you're right." said Count Dashula.

"I'm gonna go on ahead and get the place ready." Twibite walked out of Sugarcube Corner and made her way to her library.

As Twibite was a few feet away, she could hear some noise coming from her home. "Spike, careful, we need to keep them safe before throwing them out." said Sweetie Belle.

"I know, I know, these things are heavy." Spike just groaned due to the immense weight of the books. Twibite panicked. She recognized that groan from anywhere. That groan was Spike's groan every time he was moving books. She rushed after them.

"Just move it already. Twilights gonna be here soon." said Scootaloo. Applebloom helped Spike carry the oldest and most important books Twilight had to the cliff Ponyville apparently had.

"Huh? Since when did Ponyville have a cliff?" asked Applebloom.

"Oh that, it was when the hydra attacked." replied Spike. They were about to push the books over the cliff when Twibite appeared.

"Don't you dare throw away any one of those books!" said Twibite, panic and worry evident in her tone. Spike felt a surge of power course through his body. For once in his life, he felt like he was in control of Twilight.

"You mean these books?" mocked Spike as he took one of the oldest books in the pile and held it above the cliff. Twibite had to do something; her books could get hurt! She stepped closer and said,

"Spike, don't be so hasty. We can work this out. Just put the book down and we can pretend none of this ever happened." Beads of sweat rolled down Twibite's body. Spike was happy. Not only did he have Twilight in a corner, but the plan was also working! Twilight was so caught up with saving her books that she forgot about killing them.

On the sidelines, at a safe distance, the CMC were anxiously waiting. "Wha isn't Twilight turning back into a regular alicorn yet?" asked Applebloom.

"I don't know, what do we do now?" asked Scootaloo.

"Let's just watch and see, maybe it could still work." said Sweetie Belle.

"Here's the deal Twibite, I organize these books back in the library, and you help us save Equestria from the rest of your friends. Do we have a deal?" Spike waved the book over the cliff as he was bargaining with the vampony. Twibite was scared. She could lose the most precious things in her life. She carefully watched as Spike moved the books closer and closer to the edge. "What do I do?" she thought, "I can't just abandon my friends, and I can't lose those books." Twibite devised a plan. She carefully calculated her angle, trajectory, her required speed, accuracy, wind resistance, and her wing power. Using her info, she planned to tackle Spike out of the way and save her books, just as Spike released his grip on the first book. "This is taking too long." said Spike. He threw one book off the incredibly high cliff. "That'll teach you for making me-" Twibite slammed into him. She grabbed her book and sent Spike hurdling towards the bottom of the cliff.

"SPIKE!!!" the CMC screamed but were powerless to save him. Twibite was happy now. She finally saved her books. Now all she needed to do was return them to the library and tell Spike to clean up the place before her friends arrived.

"AAAAAHHH!!!" screamed Spike as he was pummeling to his doom.

"Wait..." said Twibite, "SPIKE!!!" Twibite rushed towards her pummeling friend. How could she be stupid enough to put books before her beloved friend. Spike had only a few seconds left before becoming Humpty Dumpty. He decided to just do a little prayer.

"Dear Luna and Celestia, if you can hear me, please save me from my impending doom. I swear I'll stop stealing your desserts. Please save me, if you do, I promise never to show anypony the pictures I took of you in gym clothes." said Spike. Well, that was it, Spike was going to pony heaven. Just as he was about to hit the ground, he felt something soft catch him. He thought that it was one of the royal pony sisters but no, it was Twibite. Twibite took Spike and flew back to her library.

"Spike, I'm so so so so so sorry! I wasn't thinking things through. I don't know what came over me... I- I- I'm sorry." said Twilight. Twilight was hugging Spike so much, Spike almost wished that she hadn't caught him... almost.

"Twilight-" said Spike.

"Yes Spike? What do you need?" asked Twilight. Her grip on the baby dragon has not weakened in the least. In fact, her death hug became even stronger.

"I need- to- brea-the..." said Spike, panting and wheezing the whole time.

"Oh!" Twilight loosened her grip, though she was still hugging him. "Sorry about that."

"It's fine, now could you help us hide from the rest of your vampony friends?" asked Spike. While he would love to just stay and cuddle with his best friend, five vamponies were on his tail waiting to kill him.

"Sure, but you can't stay in the library, the girls are gonna be there. Just hide in my secret lab under the town hall. I need to pretend that I am still completely under the spell so that they won't bother you that much." said Twilight.

"Okay, be careful Twilight." said Spike, hugging her leg.

"You to Spike." Twilight hugged him back.

"Oh, before you leave, could you help us with the last part of the riddle?" asked Spike.

"Sure what is it?" asked Twilight. Spike handed the page with the spell to Twilight. As Twilight read it, her mouth slowly dropped open.

"Uh, I'll do what I can. Although, this is a really confusing verse." said Twilight. Spike just nodded his head and headed to Twilight's secret lab. Twilight watched as Spike talked to the CMC and headed to her lab. All she could do now was make sure that her friends wouldn't hurt them. This is gonna be hard.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long to write this chapter, I do have to study for my exams... and I'm lazy so... Well, anywho... Spike and the CMC have to get Twilight on their side somehow. Well, I might not update again any time soon, but... I'll sure try to update soon after this. Thanks again to DarknessRising who gave me the idea of the story.

PS.: Pinkie still has no bat name, I'll add it in the upcoming chapters, don't worry. So, any ideas? It is really important that she get her name.