• Published 11th Sep 2014
  • 9,521 Views, 587 Comments

Always - Vlad



When Severus Snape died, he did so with many regrets. And we all know that death can do...funny things to those with unfinished business. And, stuck in a bright, garish world surrounded by creatures more infantile than any first-year, now so does he.

  • ...
44
 587
 9,521

Chapter Two

It had been roughly an hour of wandering for the robed man, and he had found a small dirt-road leading to what he hoped was a city or town of some kind. As Severus Snape walked down the road, he noticed a faint trail off in the distance arcing across the sky. A stunt-plane...at least idiocy is universal. The greasy-haired man rolled his eyes, bringing his gaze back to the road in front of him.

As such, he never noticed the trail taking a sharp turn, straight towards him.

The lanky man's purposeful, swift gait was interrupted when something impacted the road several meters in front of him, a gaudy prismatic trail leading down to the cloud of dust currently choking him. Snape grasped his wand and ripped it out of his robes out of reflex, getting ready for any sort of attack.

"So what'dya think? Cool entrance or what?" The dust was blown away by a quick gust of wind, revealing a windswept, slightly dusty...little blue pegasus pony.

Snape's eye twitched.

A little blue pegasus pony...with a rainbow-colored mane.

"Speechless, huh? Nahh, it's alright, most everypony is with my skillz." The mare (for it was clearly female) continued stroking her own ego.

And Snape was sure he heard the 'z' in 'skillz'. He crossed his arms, discreetly slipping his wand up his sleeves. "Yes. Your ability to kick up dust is quite magnificent." He hissed, giving the rainbow pony his hardest deadpan.

"H-hehehahaa!" The pony cracked up, wiping her forehead with a hoof. "Funny guy, huh? I know ya liked my moves. Name's Rainbow Dash, fastest flier in Equestria! So what're you supposed to be?"

"Yes, I'm always the life of the party," he said, his voice never rising above his usual bored, annoyed drawl. So this land is called 'Equestria'...I'm sure I've never heard of it. He then nodded his head, responding with a curt, "And I'm supposed to be talking to whoever is in charge. My name is Severus Snape."

"Snape, huh?" Rainbow Dash scrunched her muzzle as she rolled the name over her tongue. "Weird name."

Snape's eye twitched again, his foot tapping the ground impatiently. Arrogant, boastful, loud, troublemaker... His lip curled in the special disgust he reserved for the Gryffindor House. Of course. How could it be anyone else? "If you're quite done insulting my name, miss 'Rainbow Dash', I have someplace to be." He swiftly walked around the cyan pegasus, continuing down the dirt path.

"Hey, wait up!" He heard from behind him, and in a whoosh the irritating equine was somehow doing the backstroke with her wings, hovering just to the side of him. "I'm sorry, okay? Here! I'll show ya around!"

"I can find my way, thank you." Snape grumbled, walking slightly faster to pull away from Rainbow Dash...to no avail.

"C'mon, how're ya gonna see all the sights? Ponyville's a big place, especially with the Summer Sun Celebration tomorrow!"

Severus pulled to a stop, his usual sour face filled with incredulity. "...Excuse me, did you say 'Ponyville'?" What kind of asinine, ridiculous, stupid, infantile creature would name a town full of ponies 'Ponyville'? A dark cloud settled over Snape's head. Idiots...everyone in this land...I'm surrounded by idiots.

"Yep! Been living there for a few years now, it's usually a pretty quiet place. Kinda boring, actually." The rainbow pony's grin widened, getting even more excited if possible. "But not tomorrow! Princess Celestia herself is gonna come to Ponyville for the Summer Sun Celebration!" A high-pitched squeaky noise that should not have come from a living thing squee'd from the mare. "It is going to be so...awesome!"

"Well aren't you the lucky one?" Snape drawled, pulling ahead of the stationary pony. Princess? Perhaps she'll know what's going on.
----------

Twilight Sparkle grumbled to herself in the gilded chariot, Spike hanging on to her leg for stability. "I can't believe the princess would do that!" She groaned, the chariot beginning it's descent. "The greatest threat Equestria has faced in a thousand years is at our doorstep, and she sends me to a completely different town to socialize?"

"Maybe Princess Celestia's right?" the purple dragon-whelp offered, "it was just an old story-book, maybe you're reading too much into it? Besides, you have a big job here!"

The purple unicorn mare rolled her eyes. "Overseeing the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration isn't a big job, Spike," she groused, "anypony could do it...I think she just wanted to get me out of her mane."

Spike, seeing Twilight's downcast expression, thought quickly. "Well...uhh...At least she arranged for you to stay in a library! Doesn't that make you feel better?"

"...Yes." Twilight's eyes hardened, a smirk crossing her features, "yes it does. Because I'm right! Fine, I'll play her game. But, I'm going to be doing a lot of research, so I might have to forget about the friendship." Her eyebrows furrowed, her smile dropping into a grim frown. "Nightmare Moon can't be allowed to return."

"Hang on, we're taking her down!" One of the pegasus guards pulling the chariot through the skies called back, prompting the two to brace themselves. The chariot landed perfectly in the middle of the road, and it's two passengers hopped off.

"Thank you, sirs." Twilight bowed her head, causing the guards to stand a little taller for a job well done. Spike hopped on the purple mare's back, scrambling to find purchase without clawing her. Once he was properly situated, Twilight was on her way.

A way which was blocked by a solid pink earth-pony.

"Excuse me? You're in my w-" Spike nudged her with an elbow, staring pointedly at her. Right...friendship. Woo. Clearing her throat, she started over again. "Hello, I'm Twilight Spar-"

The pink mare shot into the air with a horrified gasp, before dashing away in the middle of the unicorn's introduction.

"See? You're making friends already!" Spike exclaimed, receiving a positively scathing glare from his steed.

It's just one day, Twilight...keep it together.