• Published 8th Oct 2017
  • 1,592 Views, 50 Comments

In Want for a Wand - Leila Drake



Jonathan returns to his homeworld to get a wand, accompanied by Twilight and Arcus. Two ponies and a former Forsaken in the lands of the undead - what could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
1
 50
 1,592

The Informant

"Here ya go, M'lady." A bony claw set the wine glass down on the dark wooden table. The dim yellow and green light of dirty candles reflected in the liquid, tinting it dark brown.

"Thank you, Mr Garner." The Commander accepted the glass and turned away from the Forsaken innkeeper, facing the man sitting opposite to her. "Now, you were saying...?"

The dark-haired elf cleared his throat. "They passed through here. However, if I had not placed a rogue in the Alliance Inn, we would have missed them. They left in a hurry. Apparently there has been an incident and the human as well as the green horse-creature were arrested for that night."

The Commander crossed her arms and leaned forward, ignoring her drink. "When was that?"

The man raised a thin eyebrow.

She sighed and slipped two coins across the table. They disappeared in the informant's hand without a sound.

"Three days ago. They left through the northern gate, in the company of a Death Knight. That's all I know."

She nodded, taking her glass of wine, and took a sip. "Very well. Good evening", she said, looking at him over the rim of the glass.

He took the hint and bowed to her, then, with a turn of his cloak, he was gone. Nobody took notice of his sudden disappearance, especially not the trolls who were feasting next to the Commander's table.

The Commander leaned back and tilted the glass, looking at the sweet liquid twirling inside it.

So they had a guard now. That would complicate things a little. A pity the orb only gave her information about their whereabouts. But the stronger a spell on an object was the simpler it had to be in order to last as long as possible.

Well, it couldn't be helped. If they had to dispatch the entire unit, then so be it.